Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Viacom"
Business Ideas: How to Grow, Be Opportunistic, and Ignore Your Critics Like Robert Johnson by Evan Carmichael Today we’re going to look at how a boy from a family of 10 in Mississippi kept his eyes open for opportunities and turned a $15,000 investment into multi-billion dollar empire. This is the story of Robert Johnson from B.E.T. and the top 3 lessons that you can learn from his success. “Anything that has to do with money, I want to be in that business.” – Robert Johnson Robert L. Johnson (born April 8, 1946) is an American businessman, best known for being the founder of television network Black Entertainment Television (BET). In 2001 Johnson became the first African American billionaire, and the first black person to be listed on any of Forbes world’s rich list. Eleven years after its initial launch, BET became the first black-owned company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Today, BET has spinoff channels and is the largest black-owned cable company in history. Johnson bought back all the BET stock seven years after it went public for $1 billion. He then sold it to media giant Viacom two years later for $3 billion. Action Item #1: Always Be Growing Johnson has been called a serial entrepreneur thanks to his love of starting new businesses on the fly. Throughout his career, however, if there is one thing he has learned it is this: there are always new customers to go after. According to Johnson: “If there’s something I can do and I feel it should be done, I just want to do it. I just don’t want to leave it undone because I’ll sit back and say, why didn’t I do that? Why didn’t I start that business?” Action Item #2: Be Opportunistic Where Johnson sees the chance to make money, he jumps at it. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And, while his critics use that fact as one more chance to knock him down, Johnson attributes his success largely to his opportunism. Johnson is an entrepreneur, plain and simple. He wanted to make money — and lots of it. According to Johnson: “Whenever I see an opportunity and a chance to change something, I go at it… BET was never a legacy event for me. BET was something I started as an investment and I knew someday I would sell it.” Action Item #3: Ignore Your Critics Johnson had a lot of critics as he built his business. One of his greatest successes in his own mind is being an African American who succeeded at the highest level – since he felt that “nobody expects minorities to be there.” As much as others tried to paint his career in terms of black and white, Johnson has refused to let others identify him as anything other than an entrepreneur — and a good one at that. According to Johnson: […]
Warren Buffett wants his MTV http://money.cnn.com/video/investing/2012/11/15/investing-buffett-viacom.cnnmoney/ Berkshire Hathaway upped its stake in Viacom. Separately, earnings beat forecasts. But sales were down and Viacom’s stock has lagged rivals.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
- Faced With World’s Highest Car Prices, Singapore’s Rich Swap Supercars For Luxury Motor YachtsMarch 25, 2017
- How This Millennial CEO Of 3 Companies Handles Work Life BalanceMarch 25, 2017
- How Trump’s Web Of Influence Extends From Indonesia To Silicon ValleyMarch 25, 2017
- How Alibaba’s Jack Ma Is Building a Truly Global Retail EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- A record number of Americans are now millionaires, new study showsMarch 25, 2017
- The healthcare industry is starting to turn on itself as pressure over drug prices heats upMarch 25, 2017
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Another oil glut is coming in 2018March 25, 2017
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here are the ‘danger signals’ for a stock market top that we’re watching | 03/22/17 | Markets InsiderMarch 25, 2017
- The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2017March 25, 2017
- Rupert Murdoch reportedly sold $125 million in Theranos stock for just $1March 25, 2017
- Bitcoin tumbles below $1,000March 25, 2017
- One chart shows the huge amount of money Apple is spending to buy its own stockMarch 25, 2017
- The US government’s laptop ban is now in effect — here’s what we know so farMarch 25, 2017
- Ivanka Trump’s new White House position could be an ethical minefieldMarch 25, 2017
- NBA Great Yao Ming Is Making a Big Impact with His Latest VentureMarch 24, 2017
- Omega’s Latest Seamaster Planet Ocean Is Dressed in Blue Ceramic for the First TimeMarch 24, 2017
- Porsche Design’s Monobloc Actuator Rewrites the Rules of Chronograph DesignMarch 24, 2017
- The Largest Diamond in North America Hits the RoadMarch 24, 2017
- Bryant Park Grill Offers a Rare Pappy Van Winkle DinnerMarch 24, 2017
- 4 of the Best New Women’s Watches on Display at Baselworld 2017March 24, 2017
- Woman Claims Ex-Husband Donated Funds To University That Belong To HerMarch 24, 2017
- The Story Of Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Now Prisoner In Chinese JailMarch 24, 2017
- How Tom & Judy Love Turned The Crippling 1970s Fuel Crisis Into A Multi Billion Dollar Travel EmpireMarch 24, 2017
- If ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Enough Money, Emma Watson Will Score Up To $15 MillionMarch 24, 2017
- Las Pozas: The “Surrealist Xanadu” Playground Built By A Millionaire In The Mexican JungleMarch 24, 2017
- Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge Made $98.5 Million Last YearMarch 24, 2017
- The 10 Most Valuable NBA Teams This YearMarch 24, 2017
- The Richest People In The U.S. Right NowMarch 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics