Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Viacom"
Business Ideas: How to Grow, Be Opportunistic, and Ignore Your Critics Like Robert Johnson by Evan Carmichael Today we’re going to look at how a boy from a family of 10 in Mississippi kept his eyes open for opportunities and turned a $15,000 investment into multi-billion dollar empire. This is the story of Robert Johnson from B.E.T. and the top 3 lessons that you can learn from his success. “Anything that has to do with money, I want to be in that business.” – Robert Johnson Robert L. Johnson (born April 8, 1946) is an American businessman, best known for being the founder of television network Black Entertainment Television (BET). In 2001 Johnson became the first African American billionaire, and the first black person to be listed on any of Forbes world’s rich list. Eleven years after its initial launch, BET became the first black-owned company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Today, BET has spinoff channels and is the largest black-owned cable company in history. Johnson bought back all the BET stock seven years after it went public for $1 billion. He then sold it to media giant Viacom two years later for $3 billion. Action Item #1: Always Be Growing Johnson has been called a serial entrepreneur thanks to his love of starting new businesses on the fly. Throughout his career, however, if there is one thing he has learned it is this: there are always new customers to go after. According to Johnson: “If there’s something I can do and I feel it should be done, I just want to do it. I just don’t want to leave it undone because I’ll sit back and say, why didn’t I do that? Why didn’t I start that business?” Action Item #2: Be Opportunistic Where Johnson sees the chance to make money, he jumps at it. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And, while his critics use that fact as one more chance to knock him down, Johnson attributes his success largely to his opportunism. Johnson is an entrepreneur, plain and simple. He wanted to make money — and lots of it. According to Johnson: “Whenever I see an opportunity and a chance to change something, I go at it… BET was never a legacy event for me. BET was something I started as an investment and I knew someday I would sell it.” Action Item #3: Ignore Your Critics Johnson had a lot of critics as he built his business. One of his greatest successes in his own mind is being an African American who succeeded at the highest level – since he felt that “nobody expects minorities to be there.” As much as others tried to paint his career in terms of black and white, Johnson has refused to let others identify him as anything other than an entrepreneur — and a good one at that. According to Johnson: […]
Warren Buffett wants his MTV http://money.cnn.com/video/investing/2012/11/15/investing-buffett-viacom.cnnmoney/ Berkshire Hathaway upped its stake in Viacom. Separately, earnings beat forecasts. But sales were down and Viacom’s stock has lagged rivals.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Richard Branson’s advice rebukes the popular “fail faster” theory – The American GeniusDecember 8, 2016
- Billionaires Sergey Brin, David Tepper Join Steve Ballmer, Stanley Druckenmiller In $850 Million Philanthropic Bet To Help Nation’s KidsDecember 8, 2016
- JPMorgan’s CEO Is the New Head of Business RoundtableDecember 8, 2016
- How to invest like Soros, Buffett, Gross, Lynch: New insights on alpha – BizNews.comDecember 8, 2016
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Gives Over $100 Million In Facebook Stock To CharityDecember 8, 2016
- Why Amazon founder Jeff Bezos does his best to get eight hours of sleep a nightDecember 8, 2016
- The March of the Billionaires: On Trump’s Bait and SwitchDecember 8, 2016
- 5 Ways Billionaires Maximize Their TimeDecember 8, 2016
- Do Women Make Better Investors Than Men?December 8, 2016
- ‘The Big Short’ author Michael Lewis says this is where you should put your moneyDecember 7, 2016
- Trump’s penchant for dealmaking follows in the footsteps of Lyndon B. JohnsonDecember 7, 2016
- New York Yankees reportedly sign Aroldis Chapman to $86 million contractDecember 7, 2016
- U.S. Buyers Snap Up Credit-Card Debt of Prudent CanadiansDecember 7, 2016
- Trump picks wrestling magnate Linda McMahon to lead Small Business AdministrationDecember 7, 2016
- A jewelry expert shares everything you need to know before buying an engagement ringDecember 7, 2016
- The 10 US cities where Americans have the best creditDecember 7, 2016
- SCHWARZMAN: Donald Trump is going to change the ‘architecture of the world’December 7, 2016
- How Millennials Are Changing the Face of PhilanthropyDecember 7, 2016
- 6 Life Lessons from Warren BuffettDecember 7, 2016
- ‘I’m going to negotiate prices’: Trump explains why he went after Boeing over Air Force OneDecember 7, 2016
- Outlook good for expanded accredited investor definition after strong approval in HouseDecember 7, 2016
- The Richest Men Ever: Here the 10 richest men ever in world history featuring two AfricansDecember 7, 2016
- Verizon to sell data centers to Equinix for $3.6 billionDecember 7, 2016
- Foreign firms spend £100bn buying British businesses so far in 2016 December 7, 2016
- No price like home: Big spenders reappear in ChinaDecember 7, 2016
- The 3 trends that will affect the economy in 2017December 7, 2016
- Deep value investing: dispelling the ultimate investing misconceptionsDecember 7, 2016
- Buffett, Soros and the Role of Robotic Logic in Investing RichesDecember 7, 2016
- Miami Condo King Jorge Perez, Donald Trump’s Latino Billionaire Friend, Expands Into MexicoDecember 7, 2016
- SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son: A ‘crazy’ billionaire obsessed with the futureDecember 7, 2016
- Billionaires Sergey Brin, David Tepper join Steve Ballmer, Stanley Druckenmiller In $850 Million Philanthropic Bet To Help Nation’s KidsDecember 7, 2016
- 7 of Yale’s super-elite secret societies ranked by wealthDecember 6, 2016
- Canada home to more than a million millionaires — but more are coming soonDecember 6, 2016
- Hot property destinations for the super wealthyDecember 6, 2016
- You may be higher up the global wealth pyramid than you thinkDecember 6, 2016
- 1% of Indians now hold nearly 60% of the country’s wealthDecember 6, 2016
- 8 things you should know about Singapore’s wealth gapDecember 6, 2016
- Q&A: Boosting retirement savings with Ida RademacherDecember 6, 2016
- Family of Malaysia’s Jho Low moves to protect assets in 1MDB probeDecember 6, 2016
- How Virgin’s Richard Branson makes and spends his millionsDecember 6, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics