Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Stanford Graduate School of Business"
Lindred Greer: Managing Conflict in Teams Stanford Graduate School of Business Professor Lindred Greer gives tips for managing conflicts, which left unchecked, can go viral, hurt productivity, and create employee turnover.
Heroes & History: Lessons for Leadership from Tolstoy’s War & Peace Stanford Graduate School of Business Professor Emeritus James March takes a look at the lessons of Tolstoy’s War and Peace for leadership, examining the limitations of heroic visions of leaders that Tolstoy exposed. The film uses the portrayal of leaders in War and Peace as a basis for raising questions about standard heroic stories of leadership. It explores some ways in which the complexities and ambiguities of history make standard narratives emphasizing the visionary role of leadership in history more mythic than real.
Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend Stress. It makes your heart pound, your breathing quicken and your forehead sweat. But while stress has been made into a public health enemy, new research suggests that stress may only be bad for you if you believe that to be the case. Psychologist Kelly McGonigal urges us to see stress as a positive, and introduces us to an unsung mechanism for stress reduction: reaching out to others. Kelly McGonigal translates academic research into practical strategies for health, happiness and personal success. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Stanford University psychologist Kelly McGonigal is a leader in the growing field of “science-help.” Through books, articles, courses and workshops, McGonigal works to help us understand and implement the latest scientific findings in psychology, neuroscience and medicine. Straddling the worlds of research and practice, McGonigal holds positions in both the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the School of Medicine. Her most recent book, The Willpower Instinct, explores the latest research on motivation, temptation and procrastination, as well as what it takes to transform habits, persevere at challenges and make a successful change. She is now researching a new book about the “upside of stress,” which will look at both why stress is good for us, and what makes us good at stress. In her words: “The old understanding of stress as a unhelpful relic of our animal instincts is being replaced by the understanding that stress actually makes us socially smart — it’s what allows us to be fully human.”
Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don’t Organizational Behavior Professor Jeffrey Pfeffer spoke about the role power plays and how sometimes hard work doesn’t necessarily equal success.
Turkish President Abdullah Gül: “The age of people’s empowerment” President Abdullah Gül of Turkey discussed democracy, reform, and innovation at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, followed by a Q&A with Condoleezza Rice.
Steve Blank: “Entrepreneurship is a Calling” Steve Blank, serial entrepreneur and Stanford consulting associate professor, explains what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur. He appeared at the E-Provocateur speaker series hosted by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (CES) at the Stanford Graduate School of Business on October 23, 2012.
Chris Lehane: The Ten Commandments of Damage Control Chris Lehane, political strategist and Stanford Graduate School of Business lecturer, discusses his “ten commandments of damage control”. Lehane served as special assistant counsel to President Bill Clinton, and press secretary for Al Gore‘s presidential campaign. He co-wrote the book Masters of Disaster: The Ten Commandments of Damage Control with filmmaker and Stanford GSB lecturer Bill Guttentag. The foolproof guide to damage control from the “masters of disaster” Whether you’re a politician caught with his pants down, a publicly traded company accused of accounting improprieties, a family-owned restaurant with a lousy Yelp review or just the guy in the corner cubicle who inadvertently pushed “reply all,” a crisis doesn’t have to be the make-or-break moment of your career. For those of us that aren’t natural spin doctors, it’s hard to resist the impulse to cover your tracks, lie, or act like nothing happened. But resist you must! In Masters of Disaster, Christopher Lehane and Mark Fabiani, reveal the magic formula you need to take control when it’s your turn to be sucked into the vortex of the modern spin cycle. Covering the ten commandments of damage control, and based on their work for clients like Bill Clinton, Goldman Sachs and Hollywood studios, the authors outline the strategies that can make real time news alerts, Twitter trend lines and viral videos work for you rather against you. Full of both lively personal anecdotes and hard-knuckled straight talk, this is a must-read for anyone who wants to emerge with their reputation intact.
Ian Davis: View from the Top Retired McKinsey senior partner and former Managing Director, Ian Davis, shared with a Stanford Graduate School of Business student audience the five traits that successful leaders share that are more important than where they rank within their organizations.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 8 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
#1 Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,800 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
#1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,400 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
#1 Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
#1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
#1 Philanthropy Newswire
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,900 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
#1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire
The #1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Check out the latest trends in travel, jets, yachts, luxury cars, and fashion today with over 400 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the richest people in the world are doing with their wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON THE UHNW LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- How Much Money Must Parents Leave Their Children? Wealth Expert Suggests Taking Points From Bill Gates, Warren BuffetSeptember 27, 2016
- China’s ultra-rich lead global wealth growth – Business – Chinadaily.com.cnSeptember 27, 2016
- Heroin Clinic Gives Addicts Daily Dose – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Elizabeth Lesser on Love’s Balancing Act | SuperSoul Sunday | Oprah Winfrey Network – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Mark Wahlberg’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Pair of long-lost brothers are reunited in their 90s – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- 3-parent baby – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- This Chinese province has produced the second most billionaires in the worldSeptember 27, 2016
- The 9 biggest misconceptions everyone has about cologne and perfumeSeptember 27, 2016
- A group of elite sports figures including Magic Johnson just bought a major eSports teamSeptember 27, 2016
- Ivanka Trump explains how running lemonade stands as a kid taught her the fundamentals of businessSeptember 27, 2016
- The Porsche 911 has convinced me that it’s the greatest car ever madeSeptember 27, 2016
- One person was arrested every 49 seconds for marijuana in 2015September 27, 2016
- Secret passages and skipped meals: Oracle’s CEO gave us a rare peek at what it really takes to run a $37 billion companySeptember 27, 2016
- The highest-paid player on all 32 NFL teamsSeptember 27, 2016
- ‘Massive’ shortage of appraisers causing home sales delaysSeptember 27, 2016
- Brangelina Split Raises Topic of Pre-Suit Divorce SettlementsSeptember 27, 2016
- How Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Became the Third-Richest Person in the World | Inc. Magazine – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Pleasure vs Fulfillment: Which one should you pursue? – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Taking the pulse of the global ultra-wealthy: 8 key findingsSeptember 27, 2016
- Jada Pinkett Smith: “Diversity Begins with Recruitment” | Insight Dialogues – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Jada Pinkett Smith: “Learning to Listen and Love in Motherhood” | Insight Dialogues – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Jada Pinkett Smith: “Every Women Is Her Own Woman” | Insight Dialogues – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- The Simplest Blood Screening – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Build Your Entrepreneurial Empire Without Even Realizing – YouTubeSeptember 27, 2016
- Software Speeds Up Analysis of Breast Cancer Risk: Study: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Smoking Tied to Shorter Survival With ALS: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Smoking Losing Its Cool With Kids, CDC Says: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Heavy Drinking Can Harm the Aging Brain: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Health Insurance Hikes Ease But Workers Pay a Price, Survey Finds: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Flavorings Boost Toxicity of E-Cigarettes in Lab Study: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Falls a Growing and Deadly Threat for Older Americans: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Do Open Floor Plans Invite Overeating?: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- Tips for Avoiding Back-to-School Germs, Illnesses: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
- The ‘Love Hormone’ May Quiet Tinnitus: MedlinePlus Health NewsSeptember 27, 2016
LFO Website Statistics