Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Oxford University"
Pills that improve morality: Julian Savulescu Julian Savulescu is an australian philosopher and bioethicist. He is Uehiro Professor of Practical Ethics at the University of Oxford, Fellow of St Cross College, Oxford, Director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, Sir Louis Matheson Distinguished Visiting Professor at Monash University, and Head of the Melbourne–Oxford Stem Cell Collaboration, which is devoted to examining the ethical implications ofcloning and embryonic stem cell research. In his talk, Julian shows us that technology advanced rapidly but morality did not. Ethics and religions do not have the answers to the questions nowadays, also because the world – thanks to technology – is a completely different one than it was when moral rules were defined and written down. These rules need to be enhanced.
The need for moral enhancement: Julian Savulescu Julian Savulescu is an australian philosopher and bioethicist. He is Uehiro Professor of Practical Ethics at the University of Oxford, Fellow of St Cross College, Oxford, Director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, Sir Louis Matheson Distinguished Visiting Professor at Monash University, and Head of the Melbourne–Oxford Stem Cell Collaboration, which is devoted to examining the ethical implications ofcloning and embryonic stem cell research. In his talk, Julian shows us that technology advanced rapidly but morality did not. Ethics and religions do not have the answers to the questions nowadays, also because the world – thanks to technology – is a completely different one than it was when moral rules were defined and written down. These rules need to be enhanced.
The end of humanity: Nick Bostrom Swedish philosopher Nick Bostrom began thinking of a future full of human enhancement, nanotechnology and cloning long before they became mainstream concerns. Bostrom approaches both the inevitable and the speculative using the tools of philosophy, bioethics and probability. Nick is Professor in the Faculty of Philosophy at Oxford University and founding Director of the Future of Humanity Institute and of the Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology within the Oxford Martin School. He’s also the co-founder and chair of both the World Transhumanist Association, which advocates the use of technology to extend human capabilities and lifespans, and the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.
Richard Koch – Author of The 80/20 Principle, Speaks on Leadership and Management Richard Koch is an author, entrepreneur and investor. He has written 20 books on ideas and business, including The 80/20 Principle, which has sold over 800,000 copies and been translated into 33 languages. His ventures have included Filofax, Belgo, Plymouth Gin, and Betfair, with returns on his investments between 5 and 53 times his original stakes. Formerly Koch was a strategy consultant with the Boston Consulting Group, a partner of Bain & Company, and a founder of L.E.K. Consulting. He was educated at the University of Pennsylvania and Oxford University.
The Hottest Number in Silicon Valley, Explained Jan. 15, 2013 (Bloomberg) — Robin Dunbar, professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford University, discusses “The Dunbar Number” or the true number of friendships you can handle in your life in relation to social networking. He speaks on Bloomberg Television‘s “Bloomberg Surveillance.”
Discussion | Homeless Billionaire | Oxford Union Nathan Gardels, Lord Anthony Giddens and Nicolas Berggruen field questions from the Oxford Union. Filmed on Monday 5th November 2012 ABOUT ‘INTELLIGENT GOVERNANCE FOR THE 21st CENTURY: A MIDDLE WAY BETWEEN WEST AND EAST’: As the 21st Century unfolds, both of these core systems of the global order must contend with the same reality: a genuinely multi-polar world where no single power dominates and in which societies themselves are becoming increasingly diverse. The authors argue that a new system of “intelligent governance” is required to meet these new challenges. To cope, the authors argue that both East and West can benefit by adapting each other’s best practices. Examining this in relation to widely varying political and cultural contexts, the authors quip that while China must lighten up, the US must tighten up. This highly timely volume is both a conceptual and practical guide of impressive scope to the challenges of good governance as the world continues to undergo profound transformation in the coming decades. ABOUT THE OXFORD UNION SOCIETY: The Union is the world’s most prestigious debating society, with an unparalleled reputation for bringing international guests and speakers to Oxford. It has been established for 189 years, aiming to promote debate and discussion not just in Oxford University, but across the globe.
Where are they? Anders Sandberg On the long term, how much change in the universe can a civilization possibly cause? In this talk, Anders Sandberg brings an enthusiastic introduction to the different scenarios of the Fermi paradox and what they mean for the future of humanity. Anders Sandberg is James Martin Research Fellow at the Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University, as well as associated with the Oxford Neuroethics Centre, the Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics and the Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology. His research centres on societal and ethical issues surrounding human enhancement, new technology and global catastrophic risks. He has a background in computational neuroscience and philosophy.
Sir Martin Sorrell on The Changing World | Oxford Union Sir Martin Sorrell talks about the changing world, the advancement in new technologies and the shifting of the worlds economy.
Best Selling Author Enzo Calamo
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 5 Gold Award UHNW Newswires Plus Our 3 Silver Award HNW Newswires.
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,000 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,100 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,800 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
UHNW Lifestyles Newswire
The #1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Check out the latest trends in travel, jets, yachts, luxury cars, and fashion today with over 400 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the richest people in the world are doing with their wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON THE UHNW LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- The World’s Top UHNW LawyersJune 29, 2016
- Working after retirement is the newest trendJune 29, 2016
- A self-made millionaire explains why he’s ‘broke’ twice a yearJune 29, 2016
- Scarlett Johansson is now the highest-grossing female movie star everJune 29, 2016
- Media mogul Arianna Huffington describes the epiphany that changed her lifeJune 29, 2016
- Donald Trump can’t talk this away: The self-proclaimed billionaire is no philanthropistJune 29, 2016
- Listen to Warren Buffett: Your Reputation Is Worth Cold, Hard Cash.June 29, 2016
- Assuring the Smooth Distr – Cornerstone Private Asset Trust CompanyJune 29, 2016
- Bill Gates, Zuckerberg lose $3.4 billion to Brexit – TheCableJune 28, 2016
- Adult Kids Have Mom & Dad’s Backs If Money Gets Tight | Fox BusinessJune 28, 2016
- An Investment To Flip OverJune 28, 2016
- PayPal puts a charitable giving button in its app for the first timeJune 28, 2016
- Interview with Warren Buffett’s investment manager Ted Weschler: The recipe for financial successJune 28, 2016
- Ford just made a special edition of their new supercar that celebrates huge racing victoriesJune 28, 2016
- Our parents are ruining the entire worldJune 28, 2016
- Soros had Deutsche Bank ‘short’ bet at time of Brexit fallout | ReutersJune 28, 2016
- Meet the 25 year old selling supercars to rich Chinese college kidsJune 28, 2016
- Boomers, It’s Time to Spend—and Pay Taxes on—Your 401(k)June 28, 2016
- Finance, Tech, Healthcare Will Drive Wealth For Millionaires By 2025, Report SaysJune 28, 2016
- Inheritance need not just be about moneyJune 28, 2016
- Private foundation or donor-advised fund – which way to go?June 28, 2016
- “Successful families are using philanthropy to prepare their heirs for post-transition responsibilities.” June 28, 2016
- Generosity and HappinessJune 28, 2016
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Success Tip: ‘Entrepreneurship Is About Creating Change, Not Just Creating Companies’June 28, 2016
- Mining billionaire Gina Rinehart has lost up to 40% of her weightJune 28, 2016
- Richard Branson: investors pulling out of UK after Brexit voteJune 28, 2016
- Richard Branson: Virgin Group Lost Third of Value Since ‘Brexit’ VoteJune 28, 2016
- Saudi billionaire’s ex claims demand for £196 million divorce settlement is ‘not unreasonable’June 27, 2016
- This Is the Path to Being a Great LeaderJune 27, 2016
- 6 challenges to achieving retirement securityJune 27, 2016
- How LeBron James makes and spends his millionsJune 27, 2016
- Lionel Messi, the world’s greatest player, says he is quitting international footballJune 27, 2016
- A psychologist explains how successful people do more in a day than others do in a weekJune 27, 2016
- Warren Buffett once proposed a Fourth Law of Motion to explain the pitfalls of active managementJune 27, 2016
- A bad habit that can make you unhappy is based on a huge misconceptionJune 27, 2016
LFO Website Statistics
- Today Visit: 9,677
- Yesterday Visit: 12,769
- Week Visit: 82,316
- Month Visit: 415,469
- Years Visit: 7,074,326
- Total Posts: 10,819