Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Oxford University"
Pills that improve morality: Julian Savulescu Julian Savulescu is an australian philosopher and bioethicist. He is Uehiro Professor of Practical Ethics at the University of Oxford, Fellow of St Cross College, Oxford, Director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, Sir Louis Matheson Distinguished Visiting Professor at Monash University, and Head of the Melbourne–Oxford Stem Cell Collaboration, which is devoted to examining the ethical implications ofcloning and embryonic stem cell research. In his talk, Julian shows us that technology advanced rapidly but morality did not. Ethics and religions do not have the answers to the questions nowadays, also because the world – thanks to technology – is a completely different one than it was when moral rules were defined and written down. These rules need to be enhanced.
The need for moral enhancement: Julian Savulescu Julian Savulescu is an australian philosopher and bioethicist. He is Uehiro Professor of Practical Ethics at the University of Oxford, Fellow of St Cross College, Oxford, Director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, Sir Louis Matheson Distinguished Visiting Professor at Monash University, and Head of the Melbourne–Oxford Stem Cell Collaboration, which is devoted to examining the ethical implications ofcloning and embryonic stem cell research. In his talk, Julian shows us that technology advanced rapidly but morality did not. Ethics and religions do not have the answers to the questions nowadays, also because the world – thanks to technology – is a completely different one than it was when moral rules were defined and written down. These rules need to be enhanced.
The end of humanity: Nick Bostrom Swedish philosopher Nick Bostrom began thinking of a future full of human enhancement, nanotechnology and cloning long before they became mainstream concerns. Bostrom approaches both the inevitable and the speculative using the tools of philosophy, bioethics and probability. Nick is Professor in the Faculty of Philosophy at Oxford University and founding Director of the Future of Humanity Institute and of the Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology within the Oxford Martin School. He’s also the co-founder and chair of both the World Transhumanist Association, which advocates the use of technology to extend human capabilities and lifespans, and the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.
Richard Koch – Author of The 80/20 Principle, Speaks on Leadership and Management Richard Koch is an author, entrepreneur and investor. He has written 20 books on ideas and business, including The 80/20 Principle, which has sold over 800,000 copies and been translated into 33 languages. His ventures have included Filofax, Belgo, Plymouth Gin, and Betfair, with returns on his investments between 5 and 53 times his original stakes. Formerly Koch was a strategy consultant with the Boston Consulting Group, a partner of Bain & Company, and a founder of L.E.K. Consulting. He was educated at the University of Pennsylvania and Oxford University.
The Hottest Number in Silicon Valley, Explained Jan. 15, 2013 (Bloomberg) — Robin Dunbar, professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford University, discusses “The Dunbar Number” or the true number of friendships you can handle in your life in relation to social networking. He speaks on Bloomberg Television‘s “Bloomberg Surveillance.”
Discussion | Homeless Billionaire | Oxford Union Nathan Gardels, Lord Anthony Giddens and Nicolas Berggruen field questions from the Oxford Union. Filmed on Monday 5th November 2012 ABOUT ‘INTELLIGENT GOVERNANCE FOR THE 21st CENTURY: A MIDDLE WAY BETWEEN WEST AND EAST’: As the 21st Century unfolds, both of these core systems of the global order must contend with the same reality: a genuinely multi-polar world where no single power dominates and in which societies themselves are becoming increasingly diverse. The authors argue that a new system of “intelligent governance” is required to meet these new challenges. To cope, the authors argue that both East and West can benefit by adapting each other’s best practices. Examining this in relation to widely varying political and cultural contexts, the authors quip that while China must lighten up, the US must tighten up. This highly timely volume is both a conceptual and practical guide of impressive scope to the challenges of good governance as the world continues to undergo profound transformation in the coming decades. ABOUT THE OXFORD UNION SOCIETY: The Union is the world’s most prestigious debating society, with an unparalleled reputation for bringing international guests and speakers to Oxford. It has been established for 189 years, aiming to promote debate and discussion not just in Oxford University, but across the globe.
Where are they? Anders Sandberg On the long term, how much change in the universe can a civilization possibly cause? In this talk, Anders Sandberg brings an enthusiastic introduction to the different scenarios of the Fermi paradox and what they mean for the future of humanity. Anders Sandberg is James Martin Research Fellow at the Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University, as well as associated with the Oxford Neuroethics Centre, the Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics and the Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology. His research centres on societal and ethical issues surrounding human enhancement, new technology and global catastrophic risks. He has a background in computational neuroscience and philosophy.
Sir Martin Sorrell on The Changing World | Oxford Union Sir Martin Sorrell talks about the changing world, the advancement in new technologies and the shifting of the worlds economy.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The data geeks are taking over Wall StreetMarch 29, 2017
- How to lose friends and ‘exfoliate’ people — Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is caught between 2 worlds, and his friends are cutting tiesMarch 29, 2017
- Investors like hedge funds with powerful-sounding names, even if they fail to deliverMarch 29, 2017
- Why waking up at 5 AM every day just makes senseMarch 29, 2017
- Why this self-made millionaire carries a waiter’s pad and says you should tooMarch 29, 2017
- Santoli: Here’s why BlackRock is throwing in the towel on human stock pickingMarch 29, 2017
- Say hello to your new retirement haven. Hint: It’s not Florida.March 29, 2017
- Feadship Launches 35-Meter Superyacht LetaniMarch 29, 2017
- The World’s Largest Passenger-Jet Window Is Being Developed for the BBJMarch 29, 2017
- This Is How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% Of Each StateMarch 29, 2017
- Wang Wei Is Now The Third-Richest Man In China. Wait, Who?March 29, 2017
- A Billionaire Irish Mob Boss Reportedly Bought A Commercial Cargo Ship For His Drug SuppliesMarch 29, 2017
- How Tyler Perry Turned An Abusive Childhood Into A $600 Million Personal FortuneMarch 29, 2017
- From Slave To Millionaire Land Owner: The Biddy Mason StoryMarch 29, 2017
- Huge 706-Carat Diamond Unearthed In Sierra LeoneMarch 29, 2017
- These 8 Billionaires Had A Very Good 2016March 29, 2017
- DeMarcus Ware Turned Down $9 Million To RetireMarch 29, 2017
- Lamborghini Unveils Its First 4-Door Crossover SUV Since The 80s, The UrusMarch 29, 2017
- Liang Xinjun, Billionaire Co-Founder Of China Investment Firm Fosun, Departs As CEOMarch 29, 2017
- From startup to shutdown: 5 tips for entrepreneurs from billionaire Richard BransonMarch 28, 2017
- Goldcorp spends nearly $1 billion to get into Chilean joint venture with Barrick GoldMarch 28, 2017
- The UK is about to formally trigger the Brexit process — here’s what that meansMarch 28, 2017
- Billionaire Mittal Sells $952 Million Stake in India Tower UnitMarch 28, 2017
- Picasso, Monet, and Other Legendary Artists Stayed at These Posh HotelsMarch 28, 2017
- Kavalan’s Five New Single Malts Are Spirited StandoutsMarch 28, 2017
- Sneak Peek: The Waldorf Astoria Beverly HillsMarch 28, 2017
- How middle-class and even wealthy American families are sliding inexorably into the redMarch 27, 2017
- New cars are taking longer to sell than they have since 2009March 27, 2017
- As the stock market sags, it might be time to turn bullishMarch 27, 2017
- Why Your Organization Needs You To Check Your Ego At The DoorMarch 27, 2017
- Amancio Ortega Now World’s Third-Richest Person As Net Worth Soars $1.2 BillionMarch 27, 2017
- Celeb 100: The World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities Of 2016March 27, 2017
- Introducing The Forbes SportsMoney Index, The Definitive Money Ranking In SportsMarch 27, 2017
- Forbes 2017 Billionaires List: Meet The Richest People On The PlanetMarch 27, 2017
- Inside the exclusive New York gym where Hugh Jackman, Victoria’s Secret models and Wall Streeters work outMarch 27, 2017
- Here’s how Warren Buffett pays such a low tax rateMarch 27, 2017
- Life Insurance Policy Selection and DesignMarch 27, 2017
- Think Global to Avoid Shrinking U.S. Stock MarketMarch 27, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics