Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Naomi Klein"
Pankaj Ghemawat: Actually, the world isn’t flat It may seem that we’re living in a borderless world where ideas, goods and people flow freely from nation to nation. We’re not even close, says Pankaj Ghemawat. With great data (and an eye-opening survey), he argues that there’s a delta between perception and reality in a world that’s maybe not so hyperconnected after all. Our world is not flat, says ecnomist Pankaj Ghemawat — it’s at best semi-globalized, with limited interactions between countries and economies. Why you should listen to him: There seem to be two leading views of globalization: either that it is done and the world is flat (a view popularized by Tom Friedman) or that it has led to a world dominated by corporations (Naomi Klein). Pankaj Ghemawat disagrees with both — and his case, backed by data, can be convincing. His most recent book, World 3.0, based on extensive research and backed up with abundant data, explores the true face of globalization–and shows that the world is not one vast market, but many small, interconnected, discrete entities, with varying degrees of openness to one another. That even the most open economies are still relatively closed. That we live in a world of semi-globalization at best. Ghemawat also refutes the assumption that globalization leads to homogeneization. According to The Economist, World 3.0 “should be read by anyone who wants to understand the most important economic development of our time.” Ghemawat is a professor of strategic management at IESE Business School in Spain. In his latest work, he explores another kind of networked economy–the cross-border “geography” of Facebook and Twitter followers. “He refutes the idea that there is a single global economy…Instead, he argues, on the basis of various economic measures and indicators, nations are much more disconnected than we imagine. Regional differences exist and matter.” Harvard Business Review‘s “Thinkers50,” 2011
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 5 Gold Award UHNW Newswires Plus Our 3 Silver Award HNW Newswires.
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,000 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,100 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,800 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- When It Comes To Relationships, Planting A Seed Is But Only The BeginningMay 4, 2016
- Unicorns Out to Gore Family OfficesMay 4, 2016
- The Outsourcing Of Life Insurance In Wealth Management And Multi-Family Office PracticesMay 4, 2016
- Why The Smartest People Are Constant LearnersMay 4, 2016
- 29 Surprising Facts That Explain Why Millennials See the World DifferentlyMay 4, 2016
- Why It’s So Much Harder for Mothers to Start BusinessesMay 4, 2016
- 5 Lessons for First-Time Entrepreneurs I Learned the Hard WayMay 4, 2016
- 5 Qualities of the Best Places to WorkMay 4, 2016
- Why Real Leaders Don’t Pay Attention to Phony Leadership ‘Experts’May 4, 2016
- Dan Pink: You Suck at Sales Because You’re a Horrible ListenerMay 4, 2016
- The largest diamond discovered in a century could sell for over $70 millionMay 4, 2016
- The single most important thing you can do to become a successful salespersonMay 4, 2016
- 26 of the best, highest-paying companies in AmericaMay 4, 2016
- Soon we’ll give people money to do nothing, whether Bill Gross likes it or notMay 4, 2016
- Like Prince, A Majority Of Americans Don’t Have A WillMay 4, 2016
- Climate Change Poses A Big Risk To Your Retirement SavingsMay 4, 2016
- Johnson & Johnson has been ordered to pay another family $55M for talcum powder cancer linkMay 4, 2016
- Buffett: Don’t kill the golden goose, make more eggsMay 4, 2016
- This one change could keep your brain 7 years youngerMay 4, 2016
- Jim Paulsen: Stocks may hit new highs on global growth popMay 4, 2016
- 3 Takeaways from Berkshire Hathaway’s Annual Meeting — The Motley FoolMay 4, 2016
- Should you invest in index funds like Warren Buffett? | Business Standard Mobile WebsiteMay 4, 2016
- Britain’s Billionaire Immigrants review – the super-rich kids trying to fit inMay 3, 2016
- A handful of investors are hoarding $200 billion, and Wall Street wants to know when they’re going to spend itMay 3, 2016
- This is how billionaire Steve Cohen got into trading stocksMay 3, 2016
- Here’s a look back at one of Carl Icahn’s gigantic mistakesMay 3, 2016
- The former CEO of AIG is set to make a killing on a multibillion-dollar dealMay 3, 2016
- Aby Rosen must pay $7 million in suit over unpaid taxes on artMay 3, 2016
- Why middle class kids may actually have an edge over rich kidsMay 3, 2016
- 10 Tips for Bringing Your Children Into the Family BusinessMay 3, 2016
- Barbara Corcoran to female entrepreneurs: Hike up your skirtsMay 3, 2016
- Buffett praises Fed but warns of unintended consequencesMay 3, 2016
- Why This Shaving Startup Made a $100 Million Gamble on a 100-Year-Old FactoryMay 3, 2016
- ‘Shark Tank’ Host Kevin O’Leary on Why Entrepreneurship Sets You FreeMay 3, 2016
- Why Being the Underdog Works Just Fine for Us, ThanksMay 3, 2016
- The Super Rich Were the First to Bail During the Financial CrisisMay 3, 2016
- Steven Cohen: hedge fund crowding caused major February loss | ReutersMay 3, 2016
- A butcher’s 6 secrets to save money on meatMay 3, 2016
- Warren Buffett’s Three Categories of Investments — and the One That Matters Most — The Motley FoolMay 3, 2016
- Johnson & Johnson has been ordered to pay another family $55M for talcum powder cancer linkMay 3, 2016
LFO Website Statistics
- Today Visit: 7,512
- Yesterday Visit: 10,433
- Week Visit: 80,683
- Month Visit: 363,333
- Years Visit: 7,410,176
- Total Posts: 9,766