Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Forbes list of billionaires"
As of July 5th, 2013, the Richest man in the world is Bill Gates at $71.3 Billion. The second richest is Carlos Slim at $66.3 Billion, followed by Warren Buffett at $61.4 Billion. However, if we were to reunite the Walton family wealth, of Walmart fame, we would find the following: Christy Walton, $36.9 Billion; Jim Walton, $35.4 Billion; Rob Walton, $34.5 Billion; Alice Walton, $33.9 Billion, for a total of $140.7 Billion. We can see that Sam Walton created quite the family dynasty when the 9 to 12 spots of the Top Billionaires in the world are directly related to his dream.
Who Is the Richest Person in the World? Carlos Slim on International Philanthropy (2007) Carlos Slim Helú (born January 28, 1940) is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. Slim has been ranked by Forbes as the richest person in the world since 2010. His extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso, SA de CV, have amassed interests in the fields of communications, technology, retailing, and finance. Presently he is the chairman and chief executive of telecommunications companies Telmex and América Móvil. América Móvil, which in 2010 was Latin America’s largest mobile-phone carrier, accounted for around US$49 billion of Slim’s wealth by the end of 2010. His corporate holdings as of March 2013 have been estimated at US$73 billion. In 1995 he established Fundación Telmex, a broad-ranging philanthropic foundation. This followed the creation of his eponymous non-profit philanthropic foundation, Fundación Carlos Slim Helú in 1986. In 2007 Slim announced that the latter body had been provided with an asset base of $4 billion and that it would be establishing Carso Institutes for Health, Sports and Education. Furthermore, it was to work in support of an initiative of Bill Clinton to aid the people of Latin America. Because Mexican foundations are not required to publish their financial information, it is not possible to confirm Slim’s claims of charitable giving through a public source. Among the activities of Fundación Telmex has been the organisation of Copa Telmex, an amateur sports tournament which in 2007 was recognised by Guinness World Records as having the most participants of any such tournament in the world, a record which it extended in 2008. Together with Fundación Carlos Slim Helú, this organisation announced in the same year that it was to invest more than $250 million in Mexican sports programmes, from grass-roots level to Olympic standard. The Fundación Carlos Slim Helú sponsors the Museo Soumaya in Mexico City which contains the world’s second-largest (and largest private) collection of Rodin sculptures, including The Kiss. Named after Slim’s late wife, Soumaya Domit, the Museo Soumaya holds 66,000 pieces, including religious relics, works by Leonardo Da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and coins from the viceroys of Spain. In particular, the museum holds the largest Dalí collection in Latin America. It was inaugurated in 2011 by the President of Mexico, Nobel Prize laureates and other celebrities. In 2000, Slim, along with ex-broadcaster Jacobo Zabludowsky organized the Fundación del Centro Histórico de la Ciudad de México A.C. (Mexico City Historic Downtown Foundation), with the objective to revitalizing and rescuing Mexico City’s historic downtown area to enable more people to live, work and find entertainment there. He has been Chairman of the Council for the Restoration of the Historic Downtown of Mexico City since 2001. In 2011 he, along with the President of Mexico, Mexico City Mayor and Mexico City Archbishop, inaugurated the first phase of Plaza Mariana close to Basilica de Guadalupe. The complex, whose construction was funded by Slim, includes an evangelization center, […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
- How Great Leaders Pull and Push To SuccessFebruary 19, 2017
- Four Telltale Signs of a Disconnected OrganizationFebruary 19, 2017
- When Leaders Toss The ScriptFebruary 19, 2017
- Valentine’s Special: Better Halves Of The Best CEOs In The WorldFebruary 19, 2017
- Want to Be More Productive? Start By Scrapping Your To-Do ListFebruary 19, 2017
- Ten top RRSP questions answered – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- We know what women entrepreneurs need. So let’s get on with it. – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- Canadians Looking For Love Online Lost Millions To Scams In 2016February 19, 2017
- EU Approves Trade Deal With CanadaFebruary 19, 2017
- Business Council Urges Trudeau To Shield Canada From Trump’s AgendaFebruary 19, 2017
- We took a 1,000-horsepower electric luxury sedan for a spin on the streets of Silicon ValleyFebruary 19, 2017
- Meet the bankers working on a potential nearly $250 billion megamergerFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans have $12.58 trillion of debt — here’s what it looks likeFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans are facing a $50 billion headwind | 02/16/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 19, 2017
- What is a smart kid in the age of the smart machine?February 19, 2017
- A Wall Street performance coach who’s consulted on Showtime’s ‘Billions’ says too many people have the same misconception about successFebruary 19, 2017
- RANKED: The 21 most expensive holiday destinations on the planetFebruary 19, 2017
- Here’s who is going to get rich from the Snap IPOFebruary 19, 2017
- China will suspend all coal imports from North Korea after Pyongyang’s missile testFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump is in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to the stock marketFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump isn’t adjusting well to life in the White House — he’s reportedly experiencing ‘cabin fever’February 19, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Women Should Join a Coworking Space TodayFebruary 18, 2017
- (Social) Mission Accomplished: 6 Female Founders on Raising Capital With a Triple Bottom LineFebruary 18, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s 3 Top Pieces of Advice for EntrepreneursFebruary 18, 2017
- 4 Ways Parents Can Foster an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Their DaughtersFebruary 18, 2017
- 7 Ways Women Leaders Can Excel at Being Their Authentic SelvesFebruary 18, 2017
- New Study Finds the Global Gender Pay Gap Won’t Be Closed Until 2186February 18, 2017
- The One Thing This Entrepreneur Does Each Day to Stay ProductiveFebruary 18, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Is on the Rise (Infographic)February 18, 2017
- Heartland Entrepreneur: 1 Woman’s Journey to Global Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- For Those Women Looking to Get Into the C-Suite, This Unlikely Industry Is for YouFebruary 18, 2017
- Women Won’t Have Equal Numbers of Board Seats Until 2055, New Study FindsFebruary 18, 2017
- The Four Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Ask Themselves To Achieve Success in 2017February 18, 2017
- Despite Bias, Women Entrepreneurs Are an Enormous Economic ForceFebruary 18, 2017
- How Women Entrepreneurs Can Use Execution for Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- 6 Surprising Income Investments Yielding 5% or MoreFebruary 18, 2017
- More Bullish, Schwab Investors Are On The Prowl For StocksFebruary 18, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics