Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Forbes list of billionaires"
As of July 5th, 2013, the Richest man in the world is Bill Gates at $71.3 Billion. The second richest is Carlos Slim at $66.3 Billion, followed by Warren Buffett at $61.4 Billion. However, if we were to reunite the Walton family wealth, of Walmart fame, we would find the following: Christy Walton, $36.9 Billion; Jim Walton, $35.4 Billion; Rob Walton, $34.5 Billion; Alice Walton, $33.9 Billion, for a total of $140.7 Billion. We can see that Sam Walton created quite the family dynasty when the 9 to 12 spots of the Top Billionaires in the world are directly related to his dream.
Who Is the Richest Person in the World? Carlos Slim on International Philanthropy (2007) Carlos Slim Helú (born January 28, 1940) is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. Slim has been ranked by Forbes as the richest person in the world since 2010. His extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso, SA de CV, have amassed interests in the fields of communications, technology, retailing, and finance. Presently he is the chairman and chief executive of telecommunications companies Telmex and América Móvil. América Móvil, which in 2010 was Latin America’s largest mobile-phone carrier, accounted for around US$49 billion of Slim’s wealth by the end of 2010. His corporate holdings as of March 2013 have been estimated at US$73 billion. In 1995 he established Fundación Telmex, a broad-ranging philanthropic foundation. This followed the creation of his eponymous non-profit philanthropic foundation, Fundación Carlos Slim Helú in 1986. In 2007 Slim announced that the latter body had been provided with an asset base of $4 billion and that it would be establishing Carso Institutes for Health, Sports and Education. Furthermore, it was to work in support of an initiative of Bill Clinton to aid the people of Latin America. Because Mexican foundations are not required to publish their financial information, it is not possible to confirm Slim’s claims of charitable giving through a public source. Among the activities of Fundación Telmex has been the organisation of Copa Telmex, an amateur sports tournament which in 2007 was recognised by Guinness World Records as having the most participants of any such tournament in the world, a record which it extended in 2008. Together with Fundación Carlos Slim Helú, this organisation announced in the same year that it was to invest more than $250 million in Mexican sports programmes, from grass-roots level to Olympic standard. The Fundación Carlos Slim Helú sponsors the Museo Soumaya in Mexico City which contains the world’s second-largest (and largest private) collection of Rodin sculptures, including The Kiss. Named after Slim’s late wife, Soumaya Domit, the Museo Soumaya holds 66,000 pieces, including religious relics, works by Leonardo Da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and coins from the viceroys of Spain. In particular, the museum holds the largest Dalí collection in Latin America. It was inaugurated in 2011 by the President of Mexico, Nobel Prize laureates and other celebrities. In 2000, Slim, along with ex-broadcaster Jacobo Zabludowsky organized the Fundación del Centro Histórico de la Ciudad de México A.C. (Mexico City Historic Downtown Foundation), with the objective to revitalizing and rescuing Mexico City’s historic downtown area to enable more people to live, work and find entertainment there. He has been Chairman of the Council for the Restoration of the Historic Downtown of Mexico City since 2001. In 2011 he, along with the President of Mexico, Mexico City Mayor and Mexico City Archbishop, inaugurated the first phase of Plaza Mariana close to Basilica de Guadalupe. The complex, whose construction was funded by Slim, includes an evangelization center, […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Multitask, According to a MIT NeuroscientistDecember 9, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why Servants Are Better in LeadershipDecember 9, 2016
- The $2.6 million Bugatti Chiron is like no other car in the worldDecember 9, 2016
- Wall Street opens higher on gains in health stocksDecember 9, 2016
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in OctoberDecember 9, 2016
- Here’s the presentation David Einhorn just gave to a room of elite hedge fund managersDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- ‘Evidence not politics’: Committee recommends ending Ottawa veto on pipelinesDecember 9, 2016
- The US is $19.9 trillion in debt — here are the countries we owe the mostDecember 9, 2016
- A financial planner reveals an important money lesson young people can learn from the richDecember 9, 2016
- ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ author Tim Ferriss reveals 2 common principles he’s found in successful peopleDecember 9, 2016
- Q&A: GoFundMe CEO Rob Solomon on the Fort Mac Fires and the future of online givingDecember 9, 2016
- Government workers keep getting richer off money taken from the rest of usDecember 9, 2016
- Americans’ odds of earnings more than their parents have plungedDecember 9, 2016
- Robert Shiller on the market rally: ‘Trump does magic’December 9, 2016
- Markets are on a ‘sugar high,’ billionaire hedge fund manager Marc Lasry saysDecember 9, 2016
- This Is How Billionaires Do Their Christmas ShoppingDecember 9, 2016
- Billionaire Rinehart Cleared to Buy Iconic Aussie Cattle CompanyDecember 9, 2016
- Carlos Slim Invests $750 Million More in Telekom AustriaDecember 9, 2016
- Australia’s Luxury Car Market Has Hit A Record High — What’s Behind It?December 9, 2016
- Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley buys a £40m JET despite plummeting profitsDecember 9, 2016
- The rise of the ‘Social CEO’December 8, 2016
- 15 of the Most Beautiful Places in Canada | Cosmopolitan – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- How To Accumulate Real Wealth | CNBC – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- 5 More Reasons Why Most People Don’t Become Wealthy | Brian Tracy – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- PepsiCo CEO: I Write Letters to Parents of My Executives – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- The David Rubenstein Show: Bill Gates – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- China is about to hit Macau hard, and casino stocks are getting spankedDecember 8, 2016
- A behavioral economist reveals when it’s time to quit to your jobDecember 8, 2016
- Something interesting — and possibly alarming — is happening with Tesla stockDecember 8, 2016
- Inflationary pressures are stirring in ChinaDecember 8, 2016
- 4 billionaires who support kids non-profits | EasierDecember 8, 2016
- Only 51% of 30-year-olds are making more money than their parents didDecember 8, 2016
- Stock benchmarks just did something they haven’t done in nearly 20 yearsDecember 8, 2016
- Google Makes So Much Money, It Never Had to Worry About Financial Discipline—Until NowDecember 8, 2016
- Woman on New Canada $10 Bill Fought Racism Before Rosa ParksDecember 8, 2016
- Don’t buy into the dividend ‘fallacy,’ new academic paper warnsDecember 8, 2016
- Market indicator hits extreme levels last seen before plunges in 1929, 2000 and 2008December 8, 2016
- Changing Charitable Donations May Be AdvisableDecember 8, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics