Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Forbes list of billionaires"
As of July 5th, 2013, the Richest man in the world is Bill Gates at $71.3 Billion. The second richest is Carlos Slim at $66.3 Billion, followed by Warren Buffett at $61.4 Billion. However, if we were to reunite the Walton family wealth, of Walmart fame, we would find the following: Christy Walton, $36.9 Billion; Jim Walton, $35.4 Billion; Rob Walton, $34.5 Billion; Alice Walton, $33.9 Billion, for a total of $140.7 Billion. We can see that Sam Walton created quite the family dynasty when the 9 to 12 spots of the Top Billionaires in the world are directly related to his dream.
Who Is the Richest Person in the World? Carlos Slim on International Philanthropy (2007) Carlos Slim Helú (born January 28, 1940) is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. Slim has been ranked by Forbes as the richest person in the world since 2010. His extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso, SA de CV, have amassed interests in the fields of communications, technology, retailing, and finance. Presently he is the chairman and chief executive of telecommunications companies Telmex and América Móvil. América Móvil, which in 2010 was Latin America’s largest mobile-phone carrier, accounted for around US$49 billion of Slim’s wealth by the end of 2010. His corporate holdings as of March 2013 have been estimated at US$73 billion. In 1995 he established Fundación Telmex, a broad-ranging philanthropic foundation. This followed the creation of his eponymous non-profit philanthropic foundation, Fundación Carlos Slim Helú in 1986. In 2007 Slim announced that the latter body had been provided with an asset base of $4 billion and that it would be establishing Carso Institutes for Health, Sports and Education. Furthermore, it was to work in support of an initiative of Bill Clinton to aid the people of Latin America. Because Mexican foundations are not required to publish their financial information, it is not possible to confirm Slim’s claims of charitable giving through a public source. Among the activities of Fundación Telmex has been the organisation of Copa Telmex, an amateur sports tournament which in 2007 was recognised by Guinness World Records as having the most participants of any such tournament in the world, a record which it extended in 2008. Together with Fundación Carlos Slim Helú, this organisation announced in the same year that it was to invest more than $250 million in Mexican sports programmes, from grass-roots level to Olympic standard. The Fundación Carlos Slim Helú sponsors the Museo Soumaya in Mexico City which contains the world’s second-largest (and largest private) collection of Rodin sculptures, including The Kiss. Named after Slim’s late wife, Soumaya Domit, the Museo Soumaya holds 66,000 pieces, including religious relics, works by Leonardo Da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and coins from the viceroys of Spain. In particular, the museum holds the largest Dalí collection in Latin America. It was inaugurated in 2011 by the President of Mexico, Nobel Prize laureates and other celebrities. In 2000, Slim, along with ex-broadcaster Jacobo Zabludowsky organized the Fundación del Centro Histórico de la Ciudad de México A.C. (Mexico City Historic Downtown Foundation), with the objective to revitalizing and rescuing Mexico City’s historic downtown area to enable more people to live, work and find entertainment there. He has been Chairman of the Council for the Restoration of the Historic Downtown of Mexico City since 2001. In 2011 he, along with the President of Mexico, Mexico City Mayor and Mexico City Archbishop, inaugurated the first phase of Plaza Mariana close to Basilica de Guadalupe. The complex, whose construction was funded by Slim, includes an evangelization center, […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Bay Area tech leaders dominate the top of Forbes’ 31st Annual World’s Billionaires list. – San Francisco Business TimesMarch 23, 2017
- Forbes: Newest member of the billionaires club? Papa JohnMarch 23, 2017
- Youngest billionaires: How did they make their money?March 23, 2017
- The Billionaire Sports Team Owners Almanac 2017March 23, 2017
- It’s The Best Time To Buy These REITs Since 2009March 23, 2017
- Tony Robbins’ 4 rules for investingMarch 23, 2017
- Global Art Sales Fall 11% to Lowest Point Since RecessionMarch 23, 2017
- Rent The Runway Cofounder Fleiss Bows Out As Company Preps For IPOMarch 23, 2017
- How to qualify for the New Flat Tax System in Italy – YouTubeMarch 23, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg net worth: How much money does the Facebook founder have?March 23, 2017
- Rolex unveiled a new watch that’s shinier than anything we’ve seen from the brand beforeMarch 22, 2017
- ‘Subprime credit losses are accelerating’: There’s a problem in the auto loan marketMarch 22, 2017
- The world’s largest hedge fund just published a 61-page paper on populism that says the movement is at its highest level since the eve of WWIIMarch 22, 2017
- Meet Trump’s Kind Of Immigrants: Wealthy Investors Who Funded A Kushner Development In Jersey CityMarch 22, 2017
- The Story Of Trump’s Deals In Florida: From Failed Towers To Foreclosure And Slow SuccessesMarch 22, 2017
- Snapdeal in talks with Flipkart, Paytm for a potential saleMarch 22, 2017
- Singapore and Hong Kong Top World’s Most Expensive CitiesMarch 22, 2017
- The days of owning a car could be fading away, thanks to these alternativesMarch 22, 2017
- Survey: We’re stressed by retirement preparations – but doing little to prepareMarch 22, 2017
- Bianca Rinehart given go-ahead to sue her mother Gina over family trustMarch 22, 2017
- Tronc Board Dispute Said to Center on L.A. Billionaire’s TradesMarch 22, 2017
- Being An Entrepreneur Is The Worst Job Ever, And This Is Why I Wouldn’t Take It Any Other WayMarch 21, 2017
- Forbes: Georgia’s nine billionairesMarch 21, 2017
- The world’s billionaire population declined in 2016March 21, 2017
- Canada Pension Plan looks to raise its bet on ChinaMarch 21, 2017
- Jeff Bezos Ranks Third on the List of Global Billionaires in 2017March 20, 2017
- First daughter Ivanka Trump gets West Wing officeMarch 20, 2017
- WeWork is raising $3 billion from SoftBank and its massive tech fundMarch 20, 2017
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here’s how high-frequency trading has changed the stock marketMarch 20, 2017
- Makeblock raises $30 million for robot-building kits for kidsMarch 20, 2017
- Secretive Billionaire Reveals How He Toppled Apple in ChinaMarch 20, 2017
- Time Trials: The Watches of Our 2017 Car of the Year CompetitionMarch 20, 2017
- A New Generation of Luxury Rises in Turks and CaicosMarch 20, 2017
- Argentinian billionaire in Falklands bidMarch 20, 2017
- China vs. America: The Different Spending Habits of the WealthyMarch 20, 2017
- Wealth rises by £15 billion in Asian Rich List 2017 – Eastern EyeMarch 20, 2017
- Cohn Offers Plan to Sell China Bank Stake to Avoid ConflictMarch 20, 2017
- Stephen Hawking offered seat for trip to space on Virgin Galactic flightMarch 19, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics