Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Finance"
Succession Planning for a Family Business
Financing your Family Business without Going Broke Financing is indispensable for the success and growth of your family business. But after you’ve already tapped out your personal funds, and perhaps those of friends or other family members to get your business up and going, you’re going to have to find a way to keep the lights on without going broke. That means you’re going to have to borrow money or obtain credit from a variety of institutional lenders. Business loans and lines of credit will allow you to cover expenses, buy new equipment, manage cash flow, purchase inventory, create new products or services, or expand your business when the circumstances are right. If your business is new and doesn’t have an established credit history, you may need to provide collateral to secure a loan or credit line. This could be any personal assets that you cannot otherwise monetize or afford to spend on the business, but can be utilized as security. Your best bet would be to approach a local bank or credit union where you have a personal relationship and a history of sound money management. If your business does have a positive credit history for at least a year or two, the commercial bank that issued your business credit card is a good place to go to apply for a line of credit. Make sure that you’ve paid the balance on that card promptly each month, and if necessary, let the bank know that you’ve been shopping around and intend to move any accounts to the lender that can provide credit with the best terms. Most banks will want to keep you as a customer. Regardless of the age or reputation of your family business, or where you go for financing, you’re going to have to prove to every lender that it is a financially solid concern, with the capability of long-term survival. So make sure you have all your paperwork in order, including all financial and tax statements, all profit and loss history, as well as a list of contacts for credit references. You’ll also need to provide a pro forma to each potential lender. This will be a description of how you intend to utilize your loan or line of credit, how it will affect your cash flow, and how you anticipate paying back the money you’re going to borrow. Once you’ve secured funding, make sure you stick religiously to a repayment schedule. As you continue to display credit worthiness, you will be able to increase your credit limit, borrow at more favorable rates, and most important, keep the business going without going broke. Al Krulick is an award-winning journalist with dozens of years of writing experience. He writes and blogs for Debt.org.
Building a Dream Team, Part 1 This episode of Finance Talk explores how advisors can align with third-party professionals in order to provide more comprehensive services.
Terry Savage: How Much Money Do You Need to Retire? Terry’s financial expertise comes from experience. she started her career as a stockbroker, and became a founding member – and the first woman trader – on the chicago board options exchange. Terry offers advice ranging from investments to withdrawal calculations to long-term care insurance — to make sure your money lasts as long as you do! Columnist and commentator Terry Savage delivers straight talk on: Putting time to work in building a nest egg How credit card debt can work against you The best place to grow your money Where to find free personalized advice Terry Savage is a nationally known expert on personal finance and a regular television commentator on CNN, CNBC, PBS, and NBC on issues related to investing and financial markets. She is the nationally syndicated Chicago Sun-Times personal finance columnist.
Didier Sornette: How we can predict the next financial crisis The 2007-2008 financial crisis, you might think, was an unpredictable one-time crash. But Didier Sornette and his Financial Crisis Observatory have plotted a set of early warning signs for unstable, growing systems, tracking the moment when any bubble is about to pop. (And he’s seeing it happen again, right now.) Didier Sornette studies whether it is possible to anticipate big changes or predict crises in complex systems. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? While financial crashes, recessions, earthquakes and other extreme events appear chaotic, Didier Sornette’s research is focused on finding out whether they are, in fact, predictable. They may happen often as a surprise, he suggests, but they don’t come out of the blue: the most extreme risks (and gains) are what he calls “dragon kings” that almost always result from a visible drift toward a critical instability. In his hypothesis, this instability has measurable technical and/or socio-economical precursors. As he says: “Crises are not external shocks.” An expert on complex systems, Sornette is the chair of entrepreneurial risk at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, and director of the Financial Crisis Observatory, a project to test the hypothesis that markets can be predictable, especially during bubbles. He’s the author of Why Stock Markets Crash: Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems. “Didier Sornette has immersed his life in risk.” Wall Street Journal
The American Family Financial Crisis Some pretty alarming statistics of the American family’s financial reality. Let’s all change this with one step at a time and make sure that you have a process for making smart financial decisions in your life. It’s time to take charge of our finances and reverse this trend.
My parents won’t listen to my money advice! Even if your parents don’t trust your judgment, you can still steer them in the right financial direction.
Mike Koenigs Interviews John Assaraf About Brain Performance and Shattering Your Financial Goals Do you ever feel like there’s an invisible barrier preventing you from reaching your financial goals … … no matter how hard you work, how diligent you are in managing your money, and how much you learn? Well, the world’s top neuroscientists and brain experts say … you’re right! Science has proven that every human being is conditioned to earn only a certain amount of income. Some people are conditioned to earn $30,000 or $50,000. Others are conditioned to earn $250,000 or even $500,000… But the bottom line is … you have a financial “glass ceiling“! Scientists now know that you will NEVER outperform your own internal hidden financial self-image. Your current financial results are nothing more than old neural patterns, beliefs, perceptions and habits that you’ve accumulated over your life. But brainscan studies have PROVEN something really exciting… You can re-wire and strengthen the key areas in your brain that control your conscious thoughts AND subconscious feelings and emotions that influence every financial and business decision you make. This requires applying the right brain-training methodologies and technologies in the right way … so you can to replace limiting beliefs, behaviors, and habits that are currently keeping you stuck.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Al Gore just sold $29 million of Apple stockFebruary 24, 2017
- Saving for college? Why bank accounts aren’t smartFebruary 24, 2017
- Q&A: Melinda Gates explains why charity cannot waitFebruary 24, 2017
- Millennial parents still like to tap the Bank of Mom & DadFebruary 24, 2017
- How to raise financially savvy kidsFebruary 24, 2017
- Whom to trust when buying an annuity?February 24, 2017
- A psychologist for the ultra-rich dishes on what billionaires stress aboutFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla Is on Track to Deliver Us Into the Next Age in EnergyFebruary 24, 2017
- China says no intention of using currency devaluation to its advantageFebruary 24, 2017
- February U.S. auto sales seen up 0.6 percent: JD Power-LMCFebruary 24, 2017
- U.S. governors prepare wish lists for Trump infrastructure promiseFebruary 24, 2017
- Why Richard Branson prefers to work in a hammock or tub rather than at a deskFebruary 24, 2017
- Fine Wines to Buy in 2017February 24, 2017
- Trump’s immigration plans could cripple the US economy and hurt the workers he’s pledging to protectFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump Is on the Verge of His Own Bull MarketFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump’s Nafta Revamp Could Hit Close to Home for Key U.S. IndustriesFebruary 24, 2017
- Canada’s Fading Oil Promise Leaves U.S. Majors StrugglingFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla May Need to Raise More Money SoonFebruary 24, 2017
- Saudi Arabia $2 Trillion Aramco Vision Runs Into Market RealityFebruary 24, 2017
- Bitcoin hits record high above $1,200 on talk of ETF approvalFebruary 24, 2017
- Warren Buffett follows only one rule of investing, and violates it all the timeFebruary 24, 2017
- Robert Shiller: With stock valuations high, it’s time to reduce your holdingsFebruary 24, 2017
- Futures drop along with oil pricesFebruary 24, 2017
- Samsung Display gets license to invest $2.5 billion more in Vietnam: state TVFebruary 24, 2017
- A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year’s biggest launchesFebruary 24, 2017
- How GOP War On Retirement Will Hurt YouFebruary 24, 2017
- Wealth Snapshot: Breaking Down Jared Kushner And His Family’s $1.8 Billion FortuneFebruary 24, 2017
- Snapdeal Co-Founders Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal Take 100% Salary Cut – NDTVFebruary 24, 2017
- Dominic Chappell’s company to sue Sir Philip Green over BHS headquartersFebruary 24, 2017
- Billionaire #Soros accused of ‘undermining democracy’ in EU member statesFebruary 24, 2017
- Tom Hanks has written his first book, a collection of short storiesFebruary 24, 2017
- British food retail legend Sir Ken Morrison dies | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Trillions of dollars at risk as benefactors unprepared to transfer wealth | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Achieve your full potential with new Global Family Office Benchmarking | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Letter from the US: What Trump means for large US family businesses | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Icon: Eric Michael Hilton | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Keeping up with the Jones Prize: New award champions leaders in philanthropy | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Industry outlook: Blended families – adding additional layers to entrenched dynamics | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Business property relief a benefit in family succession says Wilsons | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Family-backed investors drop $143bn Unilever takeover bid | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics