Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Finance"
Succession Planning for a Family Business
Financing your Family Business without Going Broke Financing is indispensable for the success and growth of your family business. But after you’ve already tapped out your personal funds, and perhaps those of friends or other family members to get your business up and going, you’re going to have to find a way to keep the lights on without going broke. That means you’re going to have to borrow money or obtain credit from a variety of institutional lenders. Business loans and lines of credit will allow you to cover expenses, buy new equipment, manage cash flow, purchase inventory, create new products or services, or expand your business when the circumstances are right. If your business is new and doesn’t have an established credit history, you may need to provide collateral to secure a loan or credit line. This could be any personal assets that you cannot otherwise monetize or afford to spend on the business, but can be utilized as security. Your best bet would be to approach a local bank or credit union where you have a personal relationship and a history of sound money management. If your business does have a positive credit history for at least a year or two, the commercial bank that issued your business credit card is a good place to go to apply for a line of credit. Make sure that you’ve paid the balance on that card promptly each month, and if necessary, let the bank know that you’ve been shopping around and intend to move any accounts to the lender that can provide credit with the best terms. Most banks will want to keep you as a customer. Regardless of the age or reputation of your family business, or where you go for financing, you’re going to have to prove to every lender that it is a financially solid concern, with the capability of long-term survival. So make sure you have all your paperwork in order, including all financial and tax statements, all profit and loss history, as well as a list of contacts for credit references. You’ll also need to provide a pro forma to each potential lender. This will be a description of how you intend to utilize your loan or line of credit, how it will affect your cash flow, and how you anticipate paying back the money you’re going to borrow. Once you’ve secured funding, make sure you stick religiously to a repayment schedule. As you continue to display credit worthiness, you will be able to increase your credit limit, borrow at more favorable rates, and most important, keep the business going without going broke. Al Krulick is an award-winning journalist with dozens of years of writing experience. He writes and blogs for Debt.org.
Building a Dream Team, Part 1 This episode of Finance Talk explores how advisors can align with third-party professionals in order to provide more comprehensive services.
Terry Savage: How Much Money Do You Need to Retire? Terry’s financial expertise comes from experience. she started her career as a stockbroker, and became a founding member – and the first woman trader – on the chicago board options exchange. Terry offers advice ranging from investments to withdrawal calculations to long-term care insurance — to make sure your money lasts as long as you do! Columnist and commentator Terry Savage delivers straight talk on: Putting time to work in building a nest egg How credit card debt can work against you The best place to grow your money Where to find free personalized advice Terry Savage is a nationally known expert on personal finance and a regular television commentator on CNN, CNBC, PBS, and NBC on issues related to investing and financial markets. She is the nationally syndicated Chicago Sun-Times personal finance columnist.
Didier Sornette: How we can predict the next financial crisis The 2007-2008 financial crisis, you might think, was an unpredictable one-time crash. But Didier Sornette and his Financial Crisis Observatory have plotted a set of early warning signs for unstable, growing systems, tracking the moment when any bubble is about to pop. (And he’s seeing it happen again, right now.) Didier Sornette studies whether it is possible to anticipate big changes or predict crises in complex systems. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? While financial crashes, recessions, earthquakes and other extreme events appear chaotic, Didier Sornette’s research is focused on finding out whether they are, in fact, predictable. They may happen often as a surprise, he suggests, but they don’t come out of the blue: the most extreme risks (and gains) are what he calls “dragon kings” that almost always result from a visible drift toward a critical instability. In his hypothesis, this instability has measurable technical and/or socio-economical precursors. As he says: “Crises are not external shocks.” An expert on complex systems, Sornette is the chair of entrepreneurial risk at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, and director of the Financial Crisis Observatory, a project to test the hypothesis that markets can be predictable, especially during bubbles. He’s the author of Why Stock Markets Crash: Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems. “Didier Sornette has immersed his life in risk.” Wall Street Journal
The American Family Financial Crisis Some pretty alarming statistics of the American family’s financial reality. Let’s all change this with one step at a time and make sure that you have a process for making smart financial decisions in your life. It’s time to take charge of our finances and reverse this trend.
My parents won’t listen to my money advice! Even if your parents don’t trust your judgment, you can still steer them in the right financial direction.
Mike Koenigs Interviews John Assaraf About Brain Performance and Shattering Your Financial Goals Do you ever feel like there’s an invisible barrier preventing you from reaching your financial goals … … no matter how hard you work, how diligent you are in managing your money, and how much you learn? Well, the world’s top neuroscientists and brain experts say … you’re right! Science has proven that every human being is conditioned to earn only a certain amount of income. Some people are conditioned to earn $30,000 or $50,000. Others are conditioned to earn $250,000 or even $500,000… But the bottom line is … you have a financial “glass ceiling“! Scientists now know that you will NEVER outperform your own internal hidden financial self-image. Your current financial results are nothing more than old neural patterns, beliefs, perceptions and habits that you’ve accumulated over your life. But brainscan studies have PROVEN something really exciting… You can re-wire and strengthen the key areas in your brain that control your conscious thoughts AND subconscious feelings and emotions that influence every financial and business decision you make. This requires applying the right brain-training methodologies and technologies in the right way … so you can to replace limiting beliefs, behaviors, and habits that are currently keeping you stuck.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The World’s Most Extravagant Afternoon Tea ServicesMarch 30, 2017
- Canada billionaire makes history with $75m donation – BBC NewsMarch 30, 2017
- Donating makes you happy if you are giving freely and know where the money’s goingMarch 30, 2017
- Russian Billionaires, Including Several Tied To Putin, Are Up $104 Billion In The Last YearMarch 29, 2017
- The terrible moments these spoiled kids came face-to-face with the real worldMarch 29, 2017
- A massive shift in the world population, captured in one animated graphicMarch 29, 2017
- Americans are now utterly intolerant of ever being told they’re wrong about almost anythingMarch 29, 2017
- This is America’s least financially literate stateMarch 29, 2017
- Why this financial adviser thinks you should keep piles of cash handyMarch 29, 2017
- The Strongest Indicator Of Success And 3 Ways To Develop ItMarch 29, 2017
- Why Apple Investors Aren’t Sweating The Samsung Galaxy S8March 29, 2017
- Introducing The Forbes American Dream Index To Gauge Middle-Class ProsperityMarch 29, 2017
- Ivanka Trump will take unpaid White House roleMarch 29, 2017
- Lululemon shares crater as first quarter gets off to a shaky startMarch 29, 2017
- U.S. oil export surge steals more OPEC shareMarch 29, 2017
- Honing this undervalued skill could set you apart from your competition at workMarch 29, 2017
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is now the second richest man in the world (AMZN) | 03/29/17 | Markets InsiderMarch 29, 2017
- Warren Buffett predicted the biggest changes sweeping the media industry 27 years agoMarch 29, 2017
- The world’s largest fund manager just sent a message to investors everywhereMarch 29, 2017
- The data geeks are taking over Wall StreetMarch 29, 2017
- How to lose friends and ‘exfoliate’ people — Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is caught between 2 worlds, and his friends are cutting tiesMarch 29, 2017
- Investors like hedge funds with powerful-sounding names, even if they fail to deliverMarch 29, 2017
- Why waking up at 5 AM every day just makes senseMarch 29, 2017
- Why this self-made millionaire carries a waiter’s pad and says you should tooMarch 29, 2017
- Santoli: Here’s why BlackRock is throwing in the towel on human stock pickingMarch 29, 2017
- Say hello to your new retirement haven. Hint: It’s not Florida.March 29, 2017
- Feadship Launches 35-Meter Superyacht LetaniMarch 29, 2017
- The World’s Largest Passenger-Jet Window Is Being Developed for the BBJMarch 29, 2017
- This Is How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% Of Each StateMarch 29, 2017
- Wang Wei Is Now The Third-Richest Man In China. Wait, Who?March 29, 2017
- A Billionaire Irish Mob Boss Reportedly Bought A Commercial Cargo Ship For His Drug SuppliesMarch 29, 2017
- How Tyler Perry Turned An Abusive Childhood Into A $600 Million Personal FortuneMarch 29, 2017
- From Slave To Millionaire Land Owner: The Biddy Mason StoryMarch 29, 2017
- Huge 706-Carat Diamond Unearthed In Sierra LeoneMarch 29, 2017
- These 8 Billionaires Had A Very Good 2016March 29, 2017
- DeMarcus Ware Turned Down $9 Million To RetireMarch 29, 2017
- Lamborghini Unveils Its First 4-Door Crossover SUV Since The 80s, The UrusMarch 29, 2017
- Liang Xinjun, Billionaire Co-Founder Of China Investment Firm Fosun, Departs As CEOMarch 29, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics