Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Culture"
While culture may seem an ambiguous and fuzzy concept, strong cultures are the best way for leaders to manage their companies throughout their evolution.
Here’s how to run a quick self-assessment.
Charles O’Reilly: How to Create a Culture of Success Charles O’Reilly explains why companies with strong cultural norms of adaptability perform better over the long-run, and how managers can help create an adaptive corporate culture within their own organizations. O’Reilly is the Frank E. Buck professor of management at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
A story of culture | Stephen F. Black Transcending Poverty & Transforming Communities Stephen Black studied American History at the University of Pennsylvania, receiving his Bachelor’s degree in 1993, magna cum laude, and attended Yale Law School, graduating in 1997. Following law school, Black moved to Birmingham, became involved in public affairs and practiced law at Maynard, Cooper and Gale. He spent a year serving as an assistant to the Governor, researching policy issues and economic development projects. Leaving the Governor’s Office in 2001, he returned to Maynard, Cooper and Gale. In 2004, Black was appointed to the University of Alabama faculty, and was asked to create, and then direct, a new Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility. Also in 2004, he founded Impact Alabama: A Student Service Initiative; he currently serves as its President and Board Chairman. In 2013, Chancellor Robert E. Witt asked Black to serve as Special Advisor to The University of Alabama Chancellor for Outreach and Community Engagement.
Pico Iyer: Where is home? More and more people worldwide are living in countries not considered their own. Writer Pico Iyer — who himself has three or four “origins” — meditates on the meaning of home, the joy of traveling and the serenity of standing still. Pico Iyer’s travel writing chronicles fascinating (and often jarring) examples of cultural mashups. Now he shows how travel can rescue us from our technological distractions. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Acclaimed travel writer Pico Iyer began his career documenting a neglected aspect of travel — the sometimes surreal disconnect between local tradition and imported global pop culture. Since then, he has written ten books, exploring also the cultural consequences of isolation, whether writing about the exiled spiritual leaders of Tibet or the embargoed society of Cuba. Iyer’s latest focus is on yet another overlooked aspect of travel: how can it help us regain our sense of stillness and focus in a world where our devices and digital networks increasing distract us? As he says: “Almost everybody I know has this sense of overdosing on information and getting dizzy living at post-human speeds. Nearly everybody I know does something to try to remove herself to clear her head and to have enough time and space to think. … All of us instinctively feel that something inside us is crying out for more spaciousness and stillness to offset the exhilarations of this movement and the fun and diversion of the modern world.” “[Iyer] writes the kind of lyrical, flowing prose that could make Des Moines sound beguiling.” Los Angeles Times
Is Culture In The Way of Our Youth?: Kandibe Eya
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Values, CEO, Character, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Communication, Culture, Empathy, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Values, Friendship, Game Changers, Human Capital, Human Resources, Humanity, Leadership, Management, Non family members, Parenting, Philosophy, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Success, Talent Management, Team
Building a culture of success – Mark Wilson Teaching is both a science and an art, and many teachers around the world spend endless hours perfecting their professional practice. At TEDActive 2013, a few teachers from the United States offer some tricks of the trade they’ve learned (and continue to hone) along the way.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Bentley’s 709 hp Four-Door Fury is the World’s Fastest of Its KindJanuary 16, 2017
- Porsche’s New 911 GTS Line Puts the Pedal to PerformanceJanuary 16, 2017
- Extraordinary Gems You’ve Never Heard Of: SpessartiteJanuary 16, 2017
- Whiskey of the Week: Old Forester Birthday BourbonJanuary 16, 2017
- An Intimate Sneak Peek at the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT C RoadsterJanuary 16, 2017
- Rolls-Royce Is No Longer Just for the ChauffeuredJanuary 16, 2017
- The Gulfstream G650ER Is on a Record-Setting RollJanuary 16, 2017
- 3 Tech Entepreneurs Are Among The 8 Richest People On EarthJanuary 16, 2017
- Lexus Launches a Stunning and Speedy 42-Foot Sport YachtJanuary 16, 2017
- Luxottica’s merger helps Del Vecchio manage family risksJanuary 16, 2017
- China’s Xi says Chinese economy to keep growing steadilyJanuary 16, 2017
- General Motors to announce $1 billion in U.S. investmentJanuary 16, 2017
- OPEC sees market stability in 2017, Venezuela aims for $70 priceJanuary 16, 2017
- From Microsoft to Facebook, how have the world’s eight richest men built their fortune?January 16, 2017
- You’ll probably live to be 100. Here’s how you need to prepare for itJanuary 16, 2017
- Here’s What World Leaders Think Is the Greatest Risk for 2017 | Fortune.comJanuary 16, 2017
- Millennials Are Worth Half as Much as Their Parents at the Same AgeJanuary 16, 2017
- Donald Trump Has Been Good For CEO ConfidenceJanuary 16, 2017
- Meet the CEOs Who Just Became Billionaires Thanks to Donald TrumpJanuary 16, 2017
- CMU Robotics center to focus on practical applicationJanuary 16, 2017
- What investors are getting all wrong about China, says a top Asian fund managerJanuary 16, 2017
- Pound slides to post-flash-crash lows on ‘hard Brexit’ fearsJanuary 16, 2017
- The maker of Ray Ban is merging with a rival in a €50 billion dealJanuary 16, 2017
- South Korea wants to arrest Samsung’s vice chairman on bribery and embezzlement chargesJanuary 16, 2017
- Merkel hits back at Trump: Europe’s fate is ‘in our own hands’January 16, 2017
- Cutting Cash Would Be a Boon for the World’s Poor, Rogoff SaysJanuary 16, 2017
- Singapore’s MAS Warns of ‘Disastrous’ Effect of Trade ConflictsJanuary 16, 2017
- Just how badly could Trump’s threatened 45% tariff hurt China?January 16, 2017
- The world’s eight richest people have same amount of money as half the world’s poor: OxfamJanuary 16, 2017
- Nicole Kidman Get’s Blackballed By Hollywood After Calling For Americans To Stand With Trump January 16, 2017
- Why The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stock Is a Must-Own for Income InvestorsJanuary 16, 2017
- Oxfam’s attack on ‘beyond grotesque’ inequality fails to highlight the charitable work of the world’s richest peopleJanuary 16, 2017
- Russian billionaire hires Elton John and Mariah Carey for weddingJanuary 16, 2017
- Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife sues her former personal assistant for £19 millionJanuary 16, 2017
- Germany media giant acquires Hong Kong’s luxury news portal LifestyleAsiaJanuary 16, 2017
- Peter Thiel may be mulling a run for California governor: ReportJanuary 16, 2017
- Who are the 8 richest people? All men, mostly AmericansJanuary 16, 2017
- India’s rising income inequality: Richest 1% own 58% of total wealth – Times of IndiaJanuary 15, 2017
- The richest eight tycoons on the planet are worth as much as the poorest 3.6 billion people, Oxfam claimsJanuary 15, 2017
- The world’s largest asset manager wants to rein in the salaries of top execsJanuary 15, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics