Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Business and Economy"
Critical Illness Insurance Broker | Dr. Marius Barnard, Creator of Critical Illness Insurance A message from D. Marius Barnard, the creator of Critical Illness Insurance, speaks about why he was compelled to create a financial plan that acts as a financial doctor to assist patient in their overall recovery. If you are interested in Critical Illness Insurance in Canada, please contact us.
Andrew Solomon: Love, no matter what What is it like to raise a child who’s different from you in some fundamental way (like a prodigy, or a differently abled kid, or a criminal)? In this quietly moving talk, writer Andrew Solomon shares what he learned from talking to dozens of parents — asking them: What’s the line between unconditional love and unconditional acceptance? Andrew Solomon is a writer on politics, culture and psychology. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Andrew Solomon’s newest book, Far From the Tree: Parents, Children, and the Search for Identity, tells the stories of parents who not only learn to deal with their exceptional children, but also find profound meaning in doing so. Solomon’s startling proposition is that diversity is what unites us. He writes about families coping with deafness, dwarfism, Down syndrome, autism, schizophrenia, multiple severe disabilities, with children who are prodigies, who are conceived in rape, who become criminals, who are transgender. While each of these characteristics is potentially isolating, the experience of difference within families is universal, as are the struggles toward compassion and the triumphs of love Solomon documents in every chapter. Woven into these courageous and affirming stories is Solomon’s journey to accepting his own identity, which culminated in his midlife decision, influenced by this research, to become a parent. Solomon’s last book, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression, won the 2001 National Book Award for Nonfiction, was a finalist for the 2002 Pulitzer Prize, and won fourteen other national awards.
“Talking Business Strategy” with David Norris, Business Consultant David Norris from Active Assist Business Consultancy, discusses the “take five rule”, running effective boards in family businesses and the order of magnitude benefits on turnover by narrowing the business focus for small companies.
/ Destiny, Goals, Inspiration, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Lifestyle, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Stories, Strategic Planning, Structure, Success, Talent Management, The Secret, Time Management, Unique Abilities, Vocation, Well Being, Work Life balance
Eric Robison: The Unconventional Journey From accounting, to fashion, and real estate, Eric Robison has maintained a reputation as “the guy who could make magic happen”. Having lived and travelled around the world, Robison has created a career out of successful self-reinvention. Today, he is an award winning Real Estate agent, recognized for his leadership in the community.
The Wealth Report: Commercial Property discussion with Jeremy Waters & James Roberts CommercIal property is back. As private investors look to increase their exposure to the global economic recovery, the Wealth Report 2013 looks at where the smart money is heading. Jeremy Waters, partner at Knight Frank and James Roberts, head of Commercial Research discuss the findings.
Managing a Family Business in Africa Part 1 According to the Small Enterprise Development Agency, family-owned businesses make up close to 50% of the economic growth of South Africa. Though only a few of the country’s iconic family companies have managed to remain in business over the decades. The trend is also relevant to the rest of the continent with the majority of SME’s operating as family-owned entities. How do you make sure that your family business retains its longevity across generations and are they the type of investments you should be looking at? Part 2
The Samsung businesses you don’t know Known for its smartphones, the electronics giant also makes military hardware, apartments, ships and operates a Korean amusement park.
GAIM 2013 Japan assets, U S equities to outperform Vasan Video Reuters com Trend Capital’s Ashwin Vasan says that, from a macro perspective, Japan is an interesting place to invest, and U.S. equities will outperform other markets after the debt ceiling is raised.
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 5 Gold Award UHNW Newswires Plus Our 3 Silver Award HNW Newswires.
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,000 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,100 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,800 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- Unicorns Out to Gore Family OfficesMay 4, 2016
- The Outsourcing Of Life Insurance In Wealth Management And Multi-Family Office PracticesMay 4, 2016
- Why The Smartest People Are Constant LearnersMay 4, 2016
- 29 Surprising Facts That Explain Why Millennials See the World DifferentlyMay 4, 2016
- Why It’s So Much Harder for Mothers to Start BusinessesMay 4, 2016
- 5 Lessons for First-Time Entrepreneurs I Learned the Hard WayMay 4, 2016
- 5 Qualities of the Best Places to WorkMay 4, 2016
- Why Real Leaders Don’t Pay Attention to Phony Leadership ‘Experts’May 4, 2016
- Dan Pink: You Suck at Sales Because You’re a Horrible ListenerMay 4, 2016
- The largest diamond discovered in a century could sell for over $70 millionMay 4, 2016
- The single most important thing you can do to become a successful salespersonMay 4, 2016
- 26 of the best, highest-paying companies in AmericaMay 4, 2016
- Soon we’ll give people money to do nothing, whether Bill Gross likes it or notMay 4, 2016
- Like Prince, A Majority Of Americans Don’t Have A WillMay 4, 2016
- Climate Change Poses A Big Risk To Your Retirement SavingsMay 4, 2016
- Johnson & Johnson has been ordered to pay another family $55M for talcum powder cancer linkMay 4, 2016
- Buffett: Don’t kill the golden goose, make more eggsMay 4, 2016
- This one change could keep your brain 7 years youngerMay 4, 2016
- Jim Paulsen: Stocks may hit new highs on global growth popMay 4, 2016
- 3 Takeaways from Berkshire Hathaway’s Annual Meeting — The Motley FoolMay 4, 2016
- Should you invest in index funds like Warren Buffett? | Business Standard Mobile WebsiteMay 4, 2016
- Britain’s Billionaire Immigrants review – the super-rich kids trying to fit inMay 3, 2016
- A handful of investors are hoarding $200 billion, and Wall Street wants to know when they’re going to spend itMay 3, 2016
- This is how billionaire Steve Cohen got into trading stocksMay 3, 2016
- Here’s a look back at one of Carl Icahn’s gigantic mistakesMay 3, 2016
- The former CEO of AIG is set to make a killing on a multibillion-dollar dealMay 3, 2016
- Aby Rosen must pay $7 million in suit over unpaid taxes on artMay 3, 2016
- Why middle class kids may actually have an edge over rich kidsMay 3, 2016
- 10 Tips for Bringing Your Children Into the Family BusinessMay 3, 2016
- Barbara Corcoran to female entrepreneurs: Hike up your skirtsMay 3, 2016
- Buffett praises Fed but warns of unintended consequencesMay 3, 2016
- Why This Shaving Startup Made a $100 Million Gamble on a 100-Year-Old FactoryMay 3, 2016
- ‘Shark Tank’ Host Kevin O’Leary on Why Entrepreneurship Sets You FreeMay 3, 2016
- Why Being the Underdog Works Just Fine for Us, ThanksMay 3, 2016
- The Super Rich Were the First to Bail During the Financial CrisisMay 3, 2016
- Steven Cohen: hedge fund crowding caused major February loss | ReutersMay 3, 2016
- A butcher’s 6 secrets to save money on meatMay 3, 2016
- Warren Buffett’s Three Categories of Investments — and the One That Matters Most — The Motley FoolMay 3, 2016
- Johnson & Johnson has been ordered to pay another family $55M for talcum powder cancer linkMay 3, 2016
- Walgreens Broaches Possible Health Benefits Of Medical MarijuanaMay 3, 2016
LFO Website Statistics
- Today Visit: 4,515
- Yesterday Visit: 10,433
- Week Visit: 77,686
- Month Visit: 360,336
- Years Visit: 7,407,179
- Total Posts: 9,765