Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Brain"
Your Personality and Your Brain | Scott Schwefel We all have a unique personality, but we also show up to others in ways we don’t know. Understanding how our brains become consciously aware of ourselves, and in turn, everyone else teaches how we can connect, adapt and ultimately influence others. It all starts with knowing when we are truly self-aware, and when we aren’t, how to get there quickly and easily. Scott Schwefel built and sold Minnesota’s largest technology training company. To get there he used personality assessments to help his people understand each other and understand clients and customers. His study of personality led to an awareness of brain science and how our brains enable us to communicate with each other. Scott has taught these principles of brain science and communications techniques throughout North America, Europe and Asia, and to over 1300 CEOs globally.
Rewiring Your Brain: Michael Weisend A neuroscientist at the Wright State Research Institute, Michael Weisend is an expert in neuroimaging with magnetoencephalography (MEG) and electroencephalography (EEG) both in a clinical setting and for research into the mechanisms of learning, memory and epilepsy. In recent years, he has used this expertise to develop neuroimaging-guided, non-invasive brain stimulation strategies to enhance memory and other aspects of human performance.
Suzana Herculano-Houzel: What is so special about the human brain? The human brain is puzzling — it is curiously large given the size of our bodies, uses a tremendous amount of energy for its weight and has a bizarrely dense cerebral cortex. But: why? Neuroscientist Suzana Herculano-Houzel puts on her detective’s cap and leads us through this mystery. By making “brain soup,” she arrives at a startling conclusion. Suzana Herculano-Houzel shrunk the human brain by 14 billion neurons — by developing a new way to count them. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? How many neurons make a human brain? For years, the answer has been (give or take) 100 billion. But neuroscientist Suzana Herculano-Houzel decided to count them herself. Her research approach involved dissolving four human brains (donated to science) into a homogeneous mixture — in her lab at the Institute of Biomedical Sciences in Rio de Janeiro, they call it “brain soup.” She then took a sample of the mix, counted the number of cell nuclei belonging to neurons, and scaled that up. Result: the human brain has about 86 billion neurons, 14 billion fewer than assumed — but intriguingly, far more than other animals, relative to brain size. She suggests that it was the invention of cooking by our ancestors — which makes food yield much more metabolic energy — that allowed humans to develop the largest primate brain. She’s now working on elephant and whale brains to test her hypothesis.
The social brain and its superpowers: Matthew Lieberman, Ph.D. Neuroscientist Matthew Lieberman explains that through his studies he’s learned that our kryptonite is ignoring the importance of our social superpowers and by building on our social intuition, we can make ourselves smarter, happier, and more productive. In this TEDx Talk, Lieberman explores groundbreaking research in social neuroscience that reveals that our need to connect with other people is even more fundamental than our need for food or shelter and that the social pain and pleasure we experience has just as much impact as physical pain and pleasure.
neurosciencestuff: A brain region activated when people are asked to perform mathematical calculations in an experimental setting is similarly activated when they use numbers — or even imprecise quantitative terms, such as “more than”— in everyday conversation, according to a study by… Elucidate: Method of recording brain activity could lead to mind-reading devices
neurosciencestuff: In comparing amounts of things — be it the grains of sand on a beach, or the size of a sea gull flock inhabiting it — humans use a part of the brain that is organized topographically, researchers have finally shown. In other words, the neurons that work to make this “numerosity” assessment are… Neuroscience: Finally mapped: The brain region that distinguishes bits from bounty
Rethinking the brain: Richard Faull Richard Faull is professor and director of the Centre for Brain Research at the University of Auckland. Raised in a small Taranaki farming community, Richard discovered his passion for the human brain as a young medical student and has spent his life pursuing exciting, innovative and groundbreaking research in this field at the University of Auckland. Richard’s work has been widely recognised internationally and through appointments as Fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Officer of the NZ Order of Merit, and receiving of many awards including New Zealand’s highest scientific award, the Royal Society Rutherford Medal.
neurosciencestuff: The brain doesn’t require simultaneous visual and audio stimulation to locate the source of a sound As ventriloquists have long known, your eyes can sometimes tell your brain where a sound is coming from more convincingly than your ears can. A series of experiments in humans and monkeys… Neuroscience: Why We Look At The Puppet, Not The Ventriloquist
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- M&A activity may actually go down under Trump, Suntrust CEO Bill Rogers saysDecember 6, 2016
- US productivity growth rebounds sharply to best level in two yearsDecember 6, 2016
- The S&P has reached a ‘buying climax,’ strategist Jeff Saut saysDecember 6, 2016
- Bill Gross: Trump good for stocks now, but bad for ‘long-term debt crisis’December 6, 2016
- Why You Should Plan To Sell Your Business NowDecember 5, 2016
- Succession planning is the biggest challenge for Middle East family businesses, says PwCDecember 5, 2016
- Planning Opportunity: The Estate Planning Trifecta (Low Interest Rates, Depressed Prices & Valuation Discounts)December 5, 2016
- L.O.V.E. Planning™: Seven Qualities of a 100 Year Old Family EnterpriseDecember 5, 2016
- Planning Opportunity: Recapturing Your Ability to Make Annual Gifts Through Private Split DollarDecember 5, 2016
- Ex-billionaire Dankner gets 2 years for share price riggingDecember 5, 2016
- Chinese billionaires set to reach 110,000 by 2020December 5, 2016
- Bayo Ogunlesi, Nigerian on Trumps Economic Advisory TeamDecember 5, 2016
- Billionaire Scion Todd Ricketts Tapped As Trump’s Deputy Commerce SecretaryDecember 5, 2016
- Here’s How Many Homes the Average Billionaire Now OwnsDecember 5, 2016
- The Future of Luxury Products Isn’t “Products.” It’s Experiences. | The Huffington PostDecember 5, 2016
- Iran’s Supreme Court confirms death sentence of billionaire businessman Babak ZanjaniDecember 5, 2016
- UPDATE 1-Egyptian billionaire Sawiris in surprise exit as Orascom CEODecember 5, 2016
- Children of Chinese billionaires may inherit wealth in next decadeDecember 4, 2016
- When does passion lead to purpose? – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Leading through disruption – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Staying ahead of the curve – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Maintaining a culture of innovation – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Building blocks to thrive – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Why Big Data and analytics should be part of all private equity deals – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Wayne Dyer’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- J.K. Rowling’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@jk_rowling) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michelle Obama’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@FLOTUS) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Meryl Streep’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Natalie Portman’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Taylor Swift’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@taylorswift13) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Ellen DeGeneres’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@TheEllenShow) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Simon Cowell’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@SimonCowell) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Dream BIG – Robert F. Smith – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Peyton Manning’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Lewis Hamilton’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@LewisHamilton) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Everything is a SEASON – Myles Munroe – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Robert F. Smith’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Myles Munroe’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michael Jordan MOTIVATION #MentorMeMichael – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- PUSH Through – Bradley Cooper – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics