Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "BBC"
Margaret Heffernan: The dangers of “willful blindness” Gayla Benefield was just doing her job — until she uncovered an awful secret about her hometown that meant its mortality rate was 80 times higher than anywhere else in the U.S. But when she tried to tell people about it, she learned an even more shocking truth: People didn’t want to know. In a talk that’s part history lesson, part call-to-action, Margaret Heffernan demonstrates the danger of “willful blindness” and praises ordinary people like Benefield who are willing to speak up. (Filmed at TEDxDanubia.) The former CEO of five businesses, Margaret Heffernan explores the all-too-human thought patterns — like conflict avoidance and selective blindness — that lead managers and organizations astray. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? How do organizations think? In her book, Willful Blindness, Margaret Heffernan examines why businesses and the people who run them often ignore the obvious — with consequences as dire as the global financial crisis and Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. Heffernan’s third book, Willful Blindness was shortlisted for the Financial Times/GoldmanSachs Best Business Book award in 2011. Margaret Heffernan began her career in television production, building a track record at the BBC before going on to run the film and television producer trade association, IPPA. In the United States, Heffernan became a serial entrepreneur and CEO in the wild early days of web business and was named one of the Internet’s Top 100 by Silicon Alley Reporter in 1999. In addition to writing books, Heffernan blogs for the Huffington Post and BNET.com and is a Visiting Professor of Entrepreneurship at Simmons College in Boston and the Executive in Residence at Babson College.
Confessions of a Futurist: Sheryl Connelly Sheryl Connelly is manager of global trends and futuring for Ford Motor Company, tracking shifts and trends in topics as far reaching as the environment, politics and millennials and analyzing those shifts to predict consumer preferences. Her insights inform the company’s automotive design, product development and corporate strategy and help anticipate the needs and desires of car buyers. Sheryl, a licensed attorney with an M.B.A. and a bachelor’s degree in finance, also teaches design research at the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. She has guest lectured at Massachusetts Institute for Technology, University of Michigan, and Wharton School of Business. She has also been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Financial Times and on the BBC.
ROME: Rise and fall of an empire – Part 1/14 Episode I: First barbarian war “Rome: Rise and fall of an empire” is a 2006 BBC documentary about the rise and fall of the great Roman Empire. In this series they provide us the means to understand how one of the greatest empires that ever existed took shape, how they conquered almost the entire known world at that time and what led to its destruction. This video is for educational purpose only! Part 2/14 Episode II: Spartacus Part 3/14 Episode III: Julius Caesar Part 4/14 Episode IV: The forest of death Part 5/14 Episode V: The Invasion of Britain Part 6/14 Episode VI: Dacian Wars Part 7/14 Episode VII: Rebellion and Betrayal Part 8/14 Episode VIII: Wrath of the Gods Part 9/14 Episode IX: The Soldier’s Emperor Part 10/14 Episode X: Constantine the Great Part 11/14 Episode XI: The Barbarian General Part 12/14 Episode XII: The Puppet Master Part 13/14 Episode XIII: The last emperor Part 14/14 BONUS – Episode XIV: Modern Marvels Barbarian Battle Tech
Cinematic Storytelling- The Heart vs. The Head: Paul Atkins From Antarctica to the tropical Pacific, Emmy-winning filmmaker Paul Atkins has documented the world’s wildlife and cultures for National Geographic, the BBC, PBS, and numerous feature films. Paul is passionate about the preservation of the natural world, especially in his ecologically vulnerable island home, Hawai’i. His first National Geographic special, the multiple Emmy-winning Hawai’i: Strangers in Paradise, dramatized the threat of alien species invasion; and Michel Cousteau’s Voyage to Kure, on which Paul served as director of photography, convinced President George W. Bush to designate the Northwestern Hawai’ian Islands as a National Monument in 2006.
Lessons from the Top with BBC’s Gavin Esler Gavin Esler has been interviewing leading figures from politics, sports, industry and the arts for more than thirty years – from Bill Clinton and Alistair Campbell to Lady Gaga and Angelina Jolie. In this talk, he draws upon his experience at the BBC to examine how leaders in all fields — from politics to media, from business to the arts — all have to master a crucial skill: that of storytelling. About themselves, their origins, their beliefs — and where they and their audience are headed. Based on insights from his book, ‘Lessons from the Top: The 50 Most Successful Business Leaders in America – and What You Can Learn From Them”: Great leaders have always understood the power of stories. Through the stories they tell, the most successful leaders educate, persuade and bring about change, but we rarely have the background knowledge to explore how they do so. In this hugely insightful guide to getting to the top, leading journalist Gavin Esler presents first-hand knowledge of the secrets of those who achieve power based on over thirty years’ experience interviewing world famous figures from Bill Clinton to Angelina Jolie. Introducing the questions every leader must answer – and the elements that the best stories must contain – Esler explains how creating a leadership story can promote success at all levels, whether running for the United States presidency, or applying for a place at university. While many essentials of storytelling have stood the test of time, he examines the opportunities and pressures created by twenty-first century phenomena such as 24 hour news, and what they tell us about how to reach the top – and how to judge those already there. Spanning fields from business and culture to the military and even taking in lessons from terrorism, Lessons from the Top offers a fascinating portrait of leadership in the modern world – and shows how the methods of the most powerful leaders could work for you.
It’s never to late to be what you might have been – George Eliot
BBC Explorations Billionaire Boys Toys Part 1 What would you buy if you were a billionaire, well have a look at what some billionaires boys toys. Part 2 Part 3
3D Printed Fasteners That You Can’t Pull Apart! | Euromold 2012 These incredible 3D printed fasteners are the brainchild of an innovative company called Rotite which produces high strength connectivity devices for fasteners and connectors. The company’s devices were developed and tested using Objet 3D printing systems, including Objet’s ABS-like Digital Material.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Children of Chinese billionaires may inherit wealth in next decadeDecember 4, 2016
- When does passion lead to purpose? – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Leading through disruption – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Staying ahead of the curve – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Maintaining a culture of innovation – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Building blocks to thrive – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Why Big Data and analytics should be part of all private equity deals – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Wayne Dyer’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- J.K. Rowling’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@jk_rowling) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michelle Obama’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@FLOTUS) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Meryl Streep’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Natalie Portman’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Taylor Swift’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@taylorswift13) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Ellen DeGeneres’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@TheEllenShow) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Simon Cowell’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@SimonCowell) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Dream BIG – Robert F. Smith – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Peyton Manning’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Lewis Hamilton’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@LewisHamilton) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Everything is a SEASON – Myles Munroe – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Robert F. Smith’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Myles Munroe’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michael Jordan MOTIVATION #MentorMeMichael – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- PUSH Through – Bradley Cooper – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Patrick Bet-David’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@patrickbetdavid) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Set Goals for Yourself – Priyanka Chopra (@priyankachopra) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Ryan Coogler’s Top10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Don’t LIMIT Yourself – Naveen Jain (@Naveen_Jain_CEO) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s top 10 rules for success (@Lin_Manuel) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Be DIFFERENT – Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Viola Davis’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Have the COURAGE to Fail – Hans Zimmer (@RealHansZimmer) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Joe Rogan’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@joerogan) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Bruce Lee MOTIVATION #MentorMeBruce – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- How Kathy Griffin Built Her 15 Million Dollar Brand – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- After Losing $1 Million Over Night, This Entrepreneur Formed One of the Largest Health Snack Company – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- How to Change the World by Sharing Your Story – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Protecting The Corporate Veil – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Why Culture Should be a Pillar of Your Business Strategy – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Learn the Traits of Successful CEOs – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- How To Deal With Your Competitors – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics