Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "YouTube"
Business Ideas – 3 Business Lessons from the YouTube Founders by Evan Carmichael Today we are going to look at two men, one from a middle-class family, the other an immigrant from Taiwan. After befriending each other on the job, these two men would join forces to build an online business that would eventually sell for $1.65 billion. This is the story of YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen and the top 3 lessons you can learn from their success. “It’s about creating new market opportunities. Giving users new ways to be creative…We see our technology as a platform for other things.” – Chad Hurley and Steve Chen Steve Shih Chen (born August 1978) and Chad Meredith Hurley (born January 1, 1977) joined forces to build YouTube.com, a social video site that sold to Google for a reported $1.65 billion. These two friends met while working together at PayPal.com. They hit it off and would begin spending a lot of time together discussing their business ideas. However, it was not until eBay purchased PayPal for $1.54 billion that they both would decide to follow their dreams. Upon the sale of PayPal to eBay, both Chen and Hurley would receive large bonuses. They decided to use their money to create their own venture. With Chen’s engineering skills and Hurley’s creativity, they thought they had the right mix to form a company together. They really had no idea about what type of business to create, but felt that together they could create something monumental. In January 2005, Hurley and Chen attended a friend’s diner party in San Francisco. They had taken a few digital videos of the event and wanted to share them with each other the next day, but could not find a good way to do it. The files were too big to email and posting them online would take hours. With that, Hurley and Chen had their first idea for a sustainable business. Using the money they had received from the PayPal buyout, Chen and Hurley decided to create YouTube, to make uploading and sharing videos online as easy as anyone could want. Action Item #1: Build an Experience Action Item #2: Make the Business Unique Action Item #3: Focus on the Customer If you focus on your customer they’ll take care of your business success. Get close to them, understand what they really need, and get their feedback on what you can do to be better. Businesses that form around customer problems are more likely to succeed and are more likely to adapt to changes when the economy dips. From day one of YouTube, Hurley and Chen have reaffirmed their commitment to creating the best possible service for their customers, even where that came at the expense of their revenues. They are not simply compassionate businessmen, out to make people happy instead of making a dollar. Instead, they see user satisfaction as necessary for long-term success. […]
The Happiness Prescription with Deepak Chopra HAPPINESS. We know it immediately when we see it in others. We spend our time, money and even our lives searching for it. So how do we achieve one of life’s most coveted offerings? Renowned author, speaker and spiritual teacher DEEPAK CHOPRA offers us a powerful approach to possessing happiness in his groundbreaking work, The Happiness Prescription. Dr. Chopra offers us a life-changing prescription for how to live more joyfully and with greater AWARENESS of all things.
Paul and David Karofsky on “Senior Gen and Next Gen Working Together Effectively” What helps to bridge the generational divide in a family business? In this video interview, Paul Karofsky and David Karofsky describe what has helped them to work together effectively — and what steps can help other parents and their adult children to succeed.
Ramsey Musallam: 3 rules to spark learning It took a life-threatening condition to jolt chemistry teacher Ramsey Musallam out of ten years of “pseudo-teaching” to understand the true role of the educator: to cultivate curiosity. In a fun and personal talk, Musallam gives 3 rules to spark imagination and learning, and get students excited about how the world works. As a high school chemistry teacher, Ramsey Musallam expands curiosity in the classroom through multimedia and new technology. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Technological innovation in education can be a slow and painful process, with new technology difficult to acquire, implement and adopt. But that doesn’t stop Ramsey Musallam, a chemistry teacher at Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep in San Francisco, whose mission is “to meaningfully integrate multimedia into a hands-on, inquiry-based learning cycle” and to empower other educators to do the same. Musallam is a vocal advocate for tools like flipteaching, tabcasting, video podcasting and screencasting in the classroom. He runs the education blog Cycles of Learning, where he gives written and video tutorials on how to turn everyday apps like Google Docs, screencasting from an iOS device, YouTube, KeepVid and word clouds as effective teaching tools. Musallam received an Ed.D. from the University of San Francisco in 2010.
/ Billionaire News, Economics, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Investing, Lifestyle, Middle Class, Millionaires, Money, Money Values, Psychology of Money, True Wealth, Ultra High Net Worth, Wealth Resources
Wealth Inequality in America Infographics on the distribution of wealth in America, highlighting both the inequality and the difference between our perception of inequality and the actual numbers. The reality is often not what we think it is.
The Power of Women in Philanthropy The USC Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy 2013 Philanthropic Leadership Forum Breakout Session on Philanthropic Imagination featuring Judy Belk, Michele Ozumba, Gael Sylvia Pullen, Erin Hogan
Entrepreneur Leadership Speaker Series: Jon Schmidt Jon Schmidt began songwriting at age 11. He now has over one million YouTube subscribers with nearly 200 million views from his project called The Piano Guys. He is currently working on this project with Steven Sharp Nelson, they because an internet sensation because of their original self-made music videos. Some popular videos include, “Cello Wars” and “Peponi (Paradise)”. Jon is a very talented pianist; his work is often described as New Age music with pop elements of hook and melody. He was born in Bountiful, Utah. He has released eight albums and seven piano books with original arrangements. He is noted for his treatment of harmony, counterpoint, and rhythm. His works were also featured on sample discs for the Iomega Hipzip Digital Audio Player with the pieces “Sacred Ground”, “All of Me”, and “Waterfall”. Schmidt’s influences include Mannheim Steamroller, Billy Joel, and Beethoven.
Kid President: I think we all need a pep talk Kid President commands you to wake up, listen to the beating of your heart and create something that will make the world awesome. This video from SoulPancake delivers a soul-stirring dose of inspiration that only a 9-year-old can give. Kid President is otherwise known as Robby Novak, age 9. His executive order: for us all to “treat everybody like it’s their birthday,” every single day. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? In his inaugural video for SoulPancake, unleashed on the web in October of 2012, Kid President — aka 9-year-old Robby Novak of Henderson, Tennessee — declared, “I’m not in a party. I am a party.” Now, people from all around the globe are coming to celebrate. Kid President began as a collaboration between Novak and his older brother-in-law, Bradley Montague. The pair tag teamed to plant hilarious seeds of wisdom and posted their videos online for family and friends to enjoy. But the videos soon caught the attention of SoulPancake, the YouTube channel and website co-created by Rainn Wilson of The Office. The site has picked up 19 Kid President videos so far, and counting. The most popular to date, “A Pep Talk from Kid President to You,” has been watched more than 6 million times in just its first week online. It features music from Sleeping at Last and Skewby. Kid President quotes sources as diverse as Robert Frost and Journey, and pens many of his own bon mots. We’ll leave you with: “What if Michael Jordan had quit? … He wouldn’t have made Space Jam … What’s your Space Jam?” “Meet ‘Kid President,’ a 9-year-old bundle of cuteness gussied in a fancy suit. The pint-sized president has been addressing the nation for months now in a series of hilarious online videos, and his platform is simple: To make grown-ups less boring, to make the world awesome, and to make people dance.” Today
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Children of Chinese billionaires may inherit wealth in next decadeDecember 4, 2016
- When does passion lead to purpose? – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Leading through disruption – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Staying ahead of the curve – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Maintaining a culture of innovation – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Building blocks to thrive – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Why Big Data and analytics should be part of all private equity deals – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Wayne Dyer’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- J.K. Rowling’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@jk_rowling) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michelle Obama’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@FLOTUS) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Meryl Streep’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Natalie Portman’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Taylor Swift’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@taylorswift13) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Ellen DeGeneres’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@TheEllenShow) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Simon Cowell’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@SimonCowell) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Dream BIG – Robert F. Smith – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Peyton Manning’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Lewis Hamilton’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@LewisHamilton) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Everything is a SEASON – Myles Munroe – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Robert F. Smith’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Myles Munroe’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michael Jordan MOTIVATION #MentorMeMichael – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- PUSH Through – Bradley Cooper – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Patrick Bet-David’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@patrickbetdavid) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Set Goals for Yourself – Priyanka Chopra (@priyankachopra) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Ryan Coogler’s Top10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Don’t LIMIT Yourself – Naveen Jain (@Naveen_Jain_CEO) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s top 10 rules for success (@Lin_Manuel) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Be DIFFERENT – Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Viola Davis’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Have the COURAGE to Fail – Hans Zimmer (@RealHansZimmer) – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Joe Rogan’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@joerogan) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Bruce Lee MOTIVATION #MentorMeBruce – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- How Kathy Griffin Built Her 15 Million Dollar Brand – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- After Losing $1 Million Over Night, This Entrepreneur Formed One of the Largest Health Snack Company – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- How to Change the World by Sharing Your Story – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Protecting The Corporate Veil – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Why Culture Should be a Pillar of Your Business Strategy – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Learn the Traits of Successful CEOs – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- How To Deal With Your Competitors – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics