Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "World of Warcraft"
John Seely Brown: Pursuing Passion to Increase Potential I would rather hire a high-level World of Warcraft player than a NBA from Harvard. Why is a game, a massive multiplayer game that has maybe 12 million people or more playing it like the World of Warcraft so important at both the individual level and maybe at the corporate level? To understand these massive multiplayer games like World of Warcraft, do not think about it as just game play, but look at the social life on the edge of the game. On a typical night there will be approximately 15,000 new strategic ideas created about the world. If you want to compete that night or the next day, somehow you have to appropriate in your own play what 15,000 new ideas mean to you in order to go into the high-end raid. Most of these high-end performance groups in World of Warcraft create guild; you have to have a guild to do anything because it’s fundamentally a collaborative game. These guilds will be sometimes 100, 200 people. Guess what? They don’t have a bonus structure to guide them to incent them. Only passion, only interest works. And what you have to have is find a way to turn this guild structure of several hundred people into knowledge refining groups. So basically self-organizing to some extent, things start to happen particularly groups go off and say, “I’m going to study this, I’m going to study this, I’m going to try this idea out and by tonight I will have consolidated all this class of ideas about how this particular new magic potion might actually work to re-heal you faster, blah, blah, blah.” So what we’ve done is we’ve turned this entire kind of social organization into an ideation structure and an idea refinement structure all as more or less self-organizing groups. Show me anything that happens in the corporate world that has 15,000 new strategic ideas. Possibly biotech does, but no world I know about in the corporate world. We think about ten new ideas already overloading us, 10,000 is unthinkable. When we look in to the social structures and the knowledge capability, refining and generation capabilities of this guild structures, there is something going on here. Now, these are not just self-organizing groups. Basically every high-end guild has a constitution. The leaders of these guilds also have to do dispute adjudication all the time. They also have to be willing to say, “Let’s measure ourselves.” These guilds are truly meritocracy based. So even if you were the leader of this particular high-end raid, at the end you do an after action review and the after action review each person is open to total criticism by everybody else. You can replay the whole thing because basically its all computer meditated so it can be captured. But equally interesting to me is you can’t play in these complex worlds without building dashboards. And these are dashboards that are measuring you, are measuring your […]
/ Beliefs, Change, Choices, Collaboration, Communication, Emotions, Future, Goals, Human Capital, Ideas, Innovation, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Meaning and Purpose, Philosophy, Planning, Power of Intention, Prosperity, Psychology Resources, Social Capital, Strategic Planning, Structure, Trends, Visionary
Games like World of Warcraft give players the means to save worlds, and incentive to learn the habits of heroes. What if we could harness this gamer power to solve real-world problems? Jane McGonigal says we can, and explains how. Reality is broken, says Jane McGonigal, and we need to make it work more like a game. Her work shows us how. Why you should listen to her: Jane McGonigal asks: Why doesn’t the real world work more like an online game? In the best-designed games, our human experience is optimized: We have important work to do, we’re surrounded by potential collaborators, and we learn quickly and in a low-risk environment. In her work as a game designer and director of game R&D at the Institute for the Future, she creates games that use mobile and digital technologies to turn everyday spaces into playing fields, and everyday people into teammates. Her game-world insights can explain–and improve–the way we learn, work, solve problems, and lead our real lives. Several years ago she suffered a serious concussion, and she created a multiplayer game to get through it, opening it up to anyone to play. In “Superbetter,” players set a goal (health or wellness) and invite others to play with them–and to keep them on track. While most games, and most videogames, have traditionally been about winning, we are now seeing increasing collaboration and games played together to solve problems. “I say we work together and … create a new world we all want to participate in. I am not sure what that looks like, but I applaud Jane McGonigal for sharing a peek at it with me.” Kelly Krolik
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 8 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
#1 Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,800 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
#1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,400 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
#1 Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
#1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
#1 Philanthropy Newswire
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,900 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
#1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire
The #1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Check out the latest trends in travel, jets, yachts, luxury cars, and fashion today with over 400 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the richest people in the world are doing with their wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON THE UHNW LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- Still no will, but work to settle Prince estate forges aheadSeptember 26, 2016
- Where Are the Customers’ Yachts? – GuruFocus.comSeptember 26, 2016
- Barbara Corcoran is totally unrecognizable in high school cheerleading pics from 1969September 26, 2016
- Billionaires Warren Buffett, Bill Gates have similar ideas about how much money to leave your kidsSeptember 26, 2016
- Let’s teach for mastery — not test scores | Sal Khan – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: “Writings on the Wall” | Talks at Google – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- David Bowie’s art collection hits the auction block – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Things We Pay Too Much For – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Liver Before Heart: Reversing Combined Organ Transplantation – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Dr. Pritish Tosh discusses hand, foot and mouth disease – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Take a Ride On The Space Balloon – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Survey of Household Economics and Decisionmaking: Auto Lending – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- 9 Forms of Capital for Entrepreneurs – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Jim Parsons Named Highest Paid TV Actor – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Mike Weir on the passing of The King of golf – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Foot doctor used own implants on patients – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- New to Canada? Learn about taxes. – YouTubeSeptember 26, 2016
- Robo-advisors are gaining popularity with high-net-worth investorsSeptember 26, 2016
- This is the Audi SUV we’ve all been waiting forSeptember 26, 2016
- Foxconn’s Terry Gou and biotech billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong join hands to battle cancer- Nikkei Asian ReviewSeptember 26, 2016
- Mark Cuban Net Worth vs. Donald Trump Net Worth: Battle of the Billionaires!September 26, 2016
- A 28-year-old raised $75 million for his new hedge fundSeptember 26, 2016
- These matchmakers set up dates with Google executives … for a hefty feeSeptember 26, 2016
- Here’s how people judge you based on your faceSeptember 26, 2016
- Elon Musk just unveiled a critical piece of his plan to save humanity by colonizing MarsSeptember 26, 2016
- Soros Helping to Turn Back Tide of Hedge-Fund Outflows in EuropeSeptember 26, 2016
- What to do if you were scammed by Wells FargoSeptember 26, 2016
- Gas prices up 4 cents to $2.25 a gallonSeptember 26, 2016
- Marcus Lemonis shares his favorite productivity trick: Knockout listsSeptember 26, 2016
- Self-made billionaire Jim Koch says this book taught him more than Harvard didSeptember 26, 2016
- Why Investors Should Follow Warren Buffett and Hold More CashSeptember 26, 2016
- Warren Buffett Will Not Divest Wells FargoSeptember 26, 2016
- 17 Ways to Tell if Your Colleague Hates You | GetVoIPSeptember 26, 2016
- Our Greatest Entrepreneur? | The American SpectatorSeptember 26, 2016
- Hillary Clinton Is Outraising Trump 20-to-1 Among BillionairesSeptember 26, 2016
LFO Website Statistics