Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Wayne Gretzky"
Business Ideas – How to Put Differentiation Into Action Like Ron Joyce (Tim Hortons) by Evan Carmichael Evan Carmichael discusses how you can match your talents with your passion like the franchise king Ron Joyce (Tim Hortons). “When you find the niche you love, that becomes your passion. For me it was Tim Hortons. It was my world.” — Ron Joyce Action Item #1: Match Your Talents with Your Passion You can be really good at something but not love it. You can also love doing something else but not be really good at it. To be successful as an entrepreneur you need find the opportunity to combine what you love doing with what you’re really good at. According to Ron Joyce: ” I think people who excel in anything are often totally dedicated to it, but are only really good at one thing. I look at the great athletes of all time, like Michael Jordan, who went from basketball to baseball and it didn’t work. Or Wayne Gretzky, who probably wouldn’t have been great at anything but hockey.” Are you like Michael Jordan trying to play baseball by doing something you love but aren’t really that good at? If you’re struggling to get your company to the next level try doing some soul searching to see if you’ve matched up your talents with what you love doing in the best way possible. Action Item #2: Treat Your Franchisees as Partners Franchising can be a great way to build a business because you don’t need to fund it yourself and you can create an army of hard working managers who have a self-interest in seeing you succeed. However, franchising is not a bulletproof concept and may fail when the franchisors don’t provide the right support to their franchisees. Here’s Ron Joyce’s advice: “It was my philosophy to treat the franchise owners as partners.” He followed through by creating a ‘Donut University’, a central training facility where new franchise owners could go to learn the ropes of running the business and operating in the fast-paced environment. He also established regular meetings, a toll-free phone line, and field evaluations to provide support to his franchisees. He was willing to do whatever it took to get his partners off the ground and running. The result? Today, only five percent of the company’s stores are corporate, while the rest are locally and operated owned franchises. With average profit margins ranging from 15 to 20 percent, owning a Tim Hortons franchise is a promising venture. In fact, more than half of all franchisees own more than one unit. Treat your franchisees fairly and give them the support they need to flourish and they’ll build your business for you. Action Item #3: Create a Unique Point of Differentiation If you want to stand out and win business from your competitors then you need to do things differently from them. If there’s […]
The making of The Great One. An informative biography of the legend of Wayne Gretzky told by Mark Messier, Brett Hull, Walter Gretzky, Gordie Howe, and others.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- NBA Great Yao Ming Is Making a Big Impact with His Latest VentureMarch 24, 2017
- Omega’s Latest Seamaster Planet Ocean Is Dressed in Blue Ceramic for the First TimeMarch 24, 2017
- Porsche Design’s Monobloc Actuator Rewrites the Rules of Chronograph DesignMarch 24, 2017
- The Largest Diamond in North America Hits the RoadMarch 24, 2017
- Bryant Park Grill Offers a Rare Pappy Van Winkle DinnerMarch 24, 2017
- 4 of the Best New Women’s Watches on Display at Baselworld 2017March 24, 2017
- Woman Claims Ex-Husband Donated Funds To University That Belong To HerMarch 24, 2017
- The Story Of Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Now Prisoner In Chinese JailMarch 24, 2017
- How Tom & Judy Love Turned The Crippling 1970s Fuel Crisis Into A Multi Billion Dollar Travel EmpireMarch 24, 2017
- If ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Enough Money, Emma Watson Will Score Up To $15 MillionMarch 24, 2017
- Las Pozas: The “Surrealist Xanadu” Playground Built By A Millionaire In The Mexican JungleMarch 24, 2017
- Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge Made $98.5 Million Last YearMarch 24, 2017
- The 10 Most Valuable NBA Teams This YearMarch 24, 2017
- The Richest People In The U.S. Right NowMarch 24, 2017
- VIDEO: A Preview of Billionaire’s Giving IssueMarch 24, 2017
- Inside The World’s Most Innovative Cruise ShipMarch 24, 2017
- Seven of the World’s Best Club SandwichesMarch 24, 2017
- David Beckham’s Former Ferrari Spider Goes On SaleMarch 24, 2017
- Trump earned $67M in real estate royalties in ’05March 24, 2017
- Hong Kong billionaires rake it in, despite efforts to cool marketMarch 24, 2017
- Here’s where California real estate players ranked on Forbes’ billionaires listMarch 24, 2017
- 20 Weird Things We’ve Learned About Bill GatesMarch 23, 2017
- Austin’s richest ranks high on new Forbes list of world’s billionairesMarch 23, 2017
- Bay Area tech leaders dominate the top of Forbes’ 31st Annual World’s Billionaires list. – San Francisco Business TimesMarch 23, 2017
- Forbes: Newest member of the billionaires club? Papa JohnMarch 23, 2017
- Youngest billionaires: How did they make their money?March 23, 2017
- The Billionaire Sports Team Owners Almanac 2017March 23, 2017
- It’s The Best Time To Buy These REITs Since 2009March 23, 2017
- Tony Robbins’ 4 rules for investingMarch 23, 2017
- Global Art Sales Fall 11% to Lowest Point Since RecessionMarch 23, 2017
- Rent The Runway Cofounder Fleiss Bows Out As Company Preps For IPOMarch 23, 2017
- How to qualify for the New Flat Tax System in Italy – YouTubeMarch 23, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg net worth: How much money does the Facebook founder have?March 23, 2017
- Rolex unveiled a new watch that’s shinier than anything we’ve seen from the brand beforeMarch 22, 2017
- ‘Subprime credit losses are accelerating’: There’s a problem in the auto loan marketMarch 22, 2017
- The world’s largest hedge fund just published a 61-page paper on populism that says the movement is at its highest level since the eve of WWIIMarch 22, 2017
- Meet Trump’s Kind Of Immigrants: Wealthy Investors Who Funded A Kushner Development In Jersey CityMarch 22, 2017
- The Story Of Trump’s Deals In Florida: From Failed Towers To Foreclosure And Slow SuccessesMarch 22, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics