Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Walt Disney"
Business Ideas – Walt Disney Entrepreneur Success by Evan Carmichael Host Evan Carmichael discusses how Walt Disney got started, what factors led to his success, and what you can learn from him to help you grow your company
Business Ideas: My Favorite 7 Boldest Entrepreneur Moves of All Time by Evan Carmichael Bold Move #1: Walt Disney Does The Impossible According to Disney: “Somehow I can’t believe there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C’s. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence.” Bold Move #2: Guy Laliberté Risks It All In Los Angeles According to Laliberté: “It was live or die in L.A. And we bet everything on one night. By the end of the show we had standing ovations. The day after, tickets were selling like crazy. I bet everything on that one night. If we failed, there was no cash for gas to come home.” Bold Move #3: A.P. Giannini Bets On The Little Guy When a massive earthquake hit San Francisco in 1906, all the banks in the city closed down to assess their damage. People couldn’t get access to their funds at the time they needed it the most. The earthquake demolished Giannini’s bank but he opened up shop by setting up a desk using two barrels and a plank of wood across them. He would lend money to people based on a handshake to help them rebuild their lives. He also went on to fund entrepreneurs like Walt Disney who nobody believed in and projects like the Golden Gate Bridge that were considered too crazy to invest in. Bold Move #4: Anita Roddick Is Forced To Survive According to Roddick: “For myself, I needed to earn money, to look after the kids while my husband was traveling for two years across South America… I started The Body Shop in 1976 simply to create a livelihood for myself and my two daughters, while my husband, Gordon, was trekking across the Americas. I had no training or experience and my only business acumen was Gordon’s advice to take sales of £300 a week. Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking.” Bold Move #5: George Lucas Challenges Traditional Business Models According to Lucas: “My first six years in the business were hopeless. There are a lot of times when you sit and you say ‘Why am I doing this? I’ll never make it. It’s just not going to happen. I should go out and get a real job and try to survive’. I thought Star Wars was too wacky for the general public. Right or wrong this is my movie, this is my decision, and this is my creative vision, and if people don’t like it, they don’t have to see it.” Bold Move #6: Ted Turner Decides To Be Successful According to Turner: “All my life people have said that I wasn’t going to make it… I’ve never run into […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Bill Gates explains how he stays incognito in public: ‘I sometimes wear a hat’February 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett made an inappropriate remark to describe the logic behind a $140 billion takeover bidFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett grows Berkshire Hathaway AAPL stake to 133 million shares worth $17 billionFebruary 27, 2017
- Why a family office trumps unstructured wealth managementFebruary 27, 2017
- The right structure: Building Asian family offices | Campden FBFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett: U.S. stocks could ‘go down 20% tomorrow,’ but we are not in ‘bubble territory’February 27, 2017
- Brace for a sell-off in Canadian bonds because a sea change is coming, BMO warnsFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett just shared his best investment advice, and said the ‘elite’ have wasted $100 billion ignoring itFebruary 27, 2017
- Lifelong entrepreneur: There’s one way to ensure you never fail at starting a businessFebruary 27, 2017
- 20 quotes from self-made billionaire Mark Cuban that will make you better with moneyFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett hung newspapers from 7 market catastrophes on an office wall to remind him ‘anything can happen’February 27, 2017
- The US states that take the most from your paycheckFebruary 27, 2017
- Goldman Sachs downgrades Tesla — and the stock is falling (TSLA) | 02/27/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 27, 2017
- REPORT: The Japanese telecom giant SoftBank is looking to invest $3 billion in WeWorkFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett name-checked a key executive in a letter to investors, and said ‘if you could swap me for him, don’t hesitate’February 27, 2017
- Some of Snap’s new investors won’t be able to sell the stock for a yearFebruary 27, 2017
- Buffett Says Apple Stake Boosted to More Than $18 BillionFebruary 27, 2017
- Buffett Stings Hedge Funds Anew Over Their `Misbegotten’ RewardsFebruary 27, 2017
- 3 ways to invest like Warren Buffett as detailed in his annual shareholder letterFebruary 27, 2017
- Al Gore sold more than $37 million worth of Apple stock in FebruaryFebruary 27, 2017
- And the Oscar loser is…PwC apologizes for its role in best picture dramaFebruary 27, 2017
- Retirees should look carefully before leaping into a relocationFebruary 27, 2017
- ‘Bond King’ Gundlach expects US 10-year T-note yield to drop below 2.25%February 27, 2017
- Buffett has an interesting theory about why self-driving cars will hurt the insurance industryFebruary 27, 2017
- US durable goods orders jumped 1.8% in JanuaryFebruary 27, 2017
- Warren Buffett: I like airlines because they just ‘got a bad century out of the way’February 27, 2017
- US stock market is not in bubble territory, billionaire investor Warren Buffett saysFebruary 27, 2017
- Goldman Sachs makes a bet on consumer debtFebruary 27, 2017
- Report: Chanel, Prada Among Brands Chinese HNWIs Most Aspire to Buy in 2017 | Jing DailyFebruary 27, 2017
- Boom Is Another Step Closer to Bringing Back Supersonic Jet TravelFebruary 27, 2017
- Retirees, Join a Nonprofit as an Encore CareerFebruary 26, 2017
- How High Earners Can Set Up a Roth IRAFebruary 26, 2017
- Meet the woman who was recruited by Steve Jobs and Warren BuffettFebruary 26, 2017
- Succession in family business is not an event but a processFebruary 26, 2017
- 13 Things Your Business Needs to Automate Right NowFebruary 26, 2017
- Five Signs You’re Successful — Whether You Know It Or NotFebruary 26, 2017
- Jessica Mah Shares Her 5 Best Pieces of Advice for Women EntrepreneursFebruary 26, 2017
- What I Learned From Mentoring Startups in the World’s Best AcceleratorsFebruary 26, 2017
- Why your Startup should take 4–6 weeks to launch, not 4–6 monthsFebruary 26, 2017
- 7 Critical Questions Every Start-Up Entrepreneur Must AnswerFebruary 26, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics