Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Sustainable development"
Rachel Kyte on future philanthropy, citizens and cities On 31 May at the 24th EFC AGA and Conference in Copenhagen, Rachel Kyte, Vice President for Sustainable Development at the World Bank, spoke on the global difficulties concerning financing sustainability initiatives and how foundations, municipal governments and the World Bank might work together to find solutions.
Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Statistician Nic Marks asks why we measure a nation’s success by its productivity — instead of by the happiness and well-being of its people. He introduces the Happy Planet Index, which tracks national well-being against resource use (because a happy life doesn’t have to cost the earth). Which countries rank highest in the HPI? You might be surprised. Nic Marks gathers evidence about what makes us happy, and uses it to promote policy that puts the well-being of people and the planet first. He’s the founder of the Centre for Well-Being at the UK think tank New Economics Foundation (NEF). Why you should listen to him: Nic Marks thinks quality of life is measurable, and that true contentment comes not from the accumulation of material wealth but from our connections with others, engagement with the world, and a sense of autonomy. This isn’t just theory: a pioneer in the field of well-being research, Marks creates statistical methods to measure happiness, analyzing and interpreting the evidence so that it can be applied to such policy fields as education, sustainable development, healthcare, and economics. The founder of the Centre for Well-Being, an independent think tank at the New Economics Foundation (NEF), in London, Marks is particularly keen to promote a balance between sustainable development and quality of life. To investigate this, he devised the Happy Planet Index, a global index of human well-being and environmental impact. The results made headlines: People in the world’s wealthiest countries, who consume the most of the planet’s resources, don’t come out on top in terms of well-being. Which raises the question: What purpose does unfettered economic growth serve? To measure (and possibly improve) your own HPI, visit two useful sites from NEF: 5 Ways to Well-Being and Well-Being at Work. “Marks urged politicians to pay more attention to life satisfaction over GDP. ‘The big message of [the HPI] rankings is that we have to produce a system that makes people happier without costing the Earth,’ he said.” Louise Gray, Telegraph
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Al Gore just sold $29 million of Apple stockFebruary 24, 2017
- Saving for college? Why bank accounts aren’t smartFebruary 24, 2017
- Q&A: Melinda Gates explains why charity cannot waitFebruary 24, 2017
- Millennial parents still like to tap the Bank of Mom & DadFebruary 24, 2017
- How to raise financially savvy kidsFebruary 24, 2017
- Whom to trust when buying an annuity?February 24, 2017
- A psychologist for the ultra-rich dishes on what billionaires stress aboutFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla Is on Track to Deliver Us Into the Next Age in EnergyFebruary 24, 2017
- China says no intention of using currency devaluation to its advantageFebruary 24, 2017
- February U.S. auto sales seen up 0.6 percent: JD Power-LMCFebruary 24, 2017
- U.S. governors prepare wish lists for Trump infrastructure promiseFebruary 24, 2017
- Why Richard Branson prefers to work in a hammock or tub rather than at a deskFebruary 24, 2017
- Fine Wines to Buy in 2017February 24, 2017
- Trump’s immigration plans could cripple the US economy and hurt the workers he’s pledging to protectFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump Is on the Verge of His Own Bull MarketFebruary 24, 2017
- Trump’s Nafta Revamp Could Hit Close to Home for Key U.S. IndustriesFebruary 24, 2017
- Canada’s Fading Oil Promise Leaves U.S. Majors StrugglingFebruary 24, 2017
- Tesla May Need to Raise More Money SoonFebruary 24, 2017
- Saudi Arabia $2 Trillion Aramco Vision Runs Into Market RealityFebruary 24, 2017
- Bitcoin hits record high above $1,200 on talk of ETF approvalFebruary 24, 2017
- Warren Buffett follows only one rule of investing, and violates it all the timeFebruary 24, 2017
- Robert Shiller: With stock valuations high, it’s time to reduce your holdingsFebruary 24, 2017
- Futures drop along with oil pricesFebruary 24, 2017
- Samsung Display gets license to invest $2.5 billion more in Vietnam: state TVFebruary 24, 2017
- A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year’s biggest launchesFebruary 24, 2017
- How GOP War On Retirement Will Hurt YouFebruary 24, 2017
- Wealth Snapshot: Breaking Down Jared Kushner And His Family’s $1.8 Billion FortuneFebruary 24, 2017
- Snapdeal Co-Founders Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal Take 100% Salary Cut – NDTVFebruary 24, 2017
- Dominic Chappell’s company to sue Sir Philip Green over BHS headquartersFebruary 24, 2017
- Billionaire #Soros accused of ‘undermining democracy’ in EU member statesFebruary 24, 2017
- Tom Hanks has written his first book, a collection of short storiesFebruary 24, 2017
- British food retail legend Sir Ken Morrison dies | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Trillions of dollars at risk as benefactors unprepared to transfer wealth | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Achieve your full potential with new Global Family Office Benchmarking | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Letter from the US: What Trump means for large US family businesses | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Icon: Eric Michael Hilton | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Keeping up with the Jones Prize: New award champions leaders in philanthropy | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Industry outlook: Blended families – adding additional layers to entrenched dynamics | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Business property relief a benefit in family succession says Wilsons | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
- Family-backed investors drop $143bn Unilever takeover bid | Campden FBFebruary 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics