Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Stanford"
Steve Blank: “Entrepreneurship is a Calling” Steve Blank, serial entrepreneur and Stanford consulting associate professor, explains what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur. He appeared at the E-Provocateur speaker series hosted by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (CES) at the Stanford Graduate School of Business on October 23, 2012.
The 2010 Roundtable at Stanford featured a prestigious panel discussing aging and the issues that accompany it. The conversation was moderated by Tom Brokaw and featured John Hennessy, Laura Carstensen, Sandra Day O’Connor, Robert Sapolsky, Sheryl Sandberg and Barry Rand. The panel discusses a variety of issues from social security to age related diseases and public awareness. The 2010 Roundtable took place during Stanford University’s Reunion Homecoming Weekend. It was the fifth annual Roundtable at Stanford and took place in Maples Pavillion.
Internationally bestselling author and award-winning Stanford University educator Tina Seelig has taught creativity to the best and brightest students at Stanford and to business leaders around the world. With inGenius she expertly decodes creativity, revealing an approach that everyone can use to enhance their own creative genius. In today’s world, innovation and creative problem solving are more important than ever to succeed. For many of us, however, this process is a mystery. Whether we are attempting to generate fresh ideas or struggling with problems with no solutions in sight, the innovative spark is out of reach. inGenius offers a revolutionary new model, the Innovation Engine, which explains how creativity is generated on the inside and how it is influenced by the outside world. Describing the variables that work together to catalyze or inhibit our creative abilities, Seelig provides a set of tools we can each use right away to radically enhance our own ingenuity as well as that of our colleagues, teams, organizations, and communities. Seelig’s groundbreaking work reveals that creativity is an endless renewable resource we can tap into at any time. It is as natural as breathing, and just as necessary for leading a successful and fulfilling life. About the author: Tina Seelig has a Ph.D. in neuroscience from Stanford University Medical School. She is the executive director of the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, the director of the National Center for Engineering Pathways to Innovation, and is the author of the international bestseller What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20
Daphne Koller is enticing top universities to put their most intriguing courses online for free — not just as a service, but as a way to research how people learn. With Coursera (cofounded by Andrew Ng), each keystroke, quiz, peer-to-peer discussion and self-graded assignment builds an unprecedented pool of data on how knowledge is processed. With Coursera, Daphne Koller and co-founder Andrew Ng are bringing courses from top colleges online, free, for anyone who wants to take them. Why you should listen to her: A 3rd generation Ph.D who is passionate about education, Stanford professor Daphne Koller is excited to be making the college experience available to anyone through her startup, Coursera. With classes from 16 top colleges, Coursera is an innovative model for online learning. While top schools have been putting lectures online for years, Coursera’s platform supports the other vital aspect of the classroom: tests and assignments that reinforce learning. At the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, computer scientist Daphne Koller studies how to model large, complicated decisions with lots of uncertainty. (Her research group is called DAGS, which stands for Daphne’s Approximate Group of Students.) In 2004, she won a MacArthur Fellowship for her work, which involves, among other things, using Bayesian networks and other techniques to explore biomedical and genetic data sets. “Classes involve recorded lectures and quizzes in which the video pauses to let students answer questions.” Ari Levy in Bloomberg BusinessWeek
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The ‘blackmail’ allegations in the £132 million Candy brothers lawsuit could not be weirderMarch 1, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s reason for investing in Apple should be music to Tim Cook’s earsMarch 1, 2017
- Trump’s win is making Oprah reconsider whether she could be presidentMarch 1, 2017
- It costs about $200,000 an hour to operate Air Force One — here’s why it’s so expensiveMarch 1, 2017
- Trump says 94 million Americans are out of the labor force — that’s true if you include teens and grandmaMarch 1, 2017
- Trump goes presidential in first major address to Congress: ‘The time for small thinking is over’March 1, 2017
- $120M in counterfeit designer cosmetics seized in China – NaturalNews.comMarch 1, 2017
- Why the Ultra-Wealthy Will Flock to London Even as Brexit BitesMarch 1, 2017
- Cuban cigar sales rise, defying flat luxury goods marketMarch 1, 2017
- Vietnam bank tycoon, former executives face trial over $66 mln losses – VnExpress InternationalMarch 1, 2017
- Billionaire Philip Green Agrees To Pay $450 Million To BHS Pension FundMarch 1, 2017
- The Aquila Villa is Thailand’s New Dream GetawayMarch 1, 2017
- For Sale: the World’s First Flying CarMarch 1, 2017
- The Macallan Releases a New Scotch Destined to Be Collected and CovetedMarch 1, 2017
- The World’s Most Expensive Taco Is a $25,000 DelightMarch 1, 2017
- Oceanco Reveals 120-Meter Superyacht AmaraMarch 1, 2017
- The American Dream has moved to Canada – Macleans.caMarch 1, 2017
- 7 Failures That Helped Richard Branson Become a MultibillionaireFebruary 28, 2017
- A Delivery Man Just Became One of the Richest People in ChinaFebruary 28, 2017
- Number of super-rich set to rise by 43pc in the next decadeFebruary 28, 2017
- As A Place To Invest, Canada’s Been Kicking Butt For 117 YearsFebruary 28, 2017
- Canadian Inflation Jumps As Carbon Taxes Come Into ForceFebruary 28, 2017
- World’s Rich Are In A Great Migration And Canada A Top DestinationFebruary 28, 2017
- Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross confirmed as Trump’s secretary of commerceFebruary 28, 2017
- UK’s ultra-rich set to grow by a third in 10 years – BBC NewsFebruary 28, 2017
- Anthony Bourdain’s 1 Rule for Workplace HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Psychology Says This Is the Top Contributor to Happiness (It’s Not What You Think)February 28, 2017
- 9 Traps You Fall Into That Limit Your HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- The World Happiness Summit: Making Happiness a ChoiceFebruary 28, 2017
- How to Redesign Your Life for Success and HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Retirement Spending Strategies to Maximize HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Tiffany Trump ‘soon to be within’ the Trump family business, Donald Trump Jr. saysFebruary 28, 2017
- 5 Oscar-Worthy Dress Watches for Your Next Black-Tie GalaFebruary 28, 2017
- The Robb Report Man’s Guide to SpasFebruary 28, 2017
- Three of Milan’s Most Essential Men’s Bespoke TailorsFebruary 28, 2017
- Rock Stars Sammy Hagar and Adam Levine Launch the First Tequila and Mezcal BlendFebruary 28, 2017
- This 1934 Alfa Romeo Racer Placed First in Price at the RM Sotheby’s Paris SaleFebruary 28, 2017
- 10 Speakers that Cost More than a FerrariFebruary 28, 2017
- Phil Mickelson Has Made An Absolutely Ridiculous Amount Of Money During His Golf CareerFebruary 28, 2017
- Andrey Melnichenko’s Giant $400M Yacht Impounded By Gibraltar Port AuthorityFebruary 28, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics