Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Social change"
Toby Eccles: Invest in social change Here’s a stat worth knowing: In the UK, 63% of men who finish short-term prison sentences are back inside within a year for another crime. Helping them stay outside involves job training, classes, therapy. And it would pay off handsomely — but the government can’t find the funds. Toby Eccles shares an imaginative idea for how to change that: the Social Impact Bond. It’s an unusual bond that helps fund initiatives with a social goal through private money — with the government paying back the investors (with interest) if the initiatives work. Toby Eccles has created a radical financial instrument that helps private investors contribute to solving thorny public problems. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? All too often, an ex-inmate walks out of prison with the exact same problems he or she walked in with: lack of skills, lack of support, no job. And they end up re-offending and back in jail. It’s an expensive problem to fix, but it’s a much more expensive one to ignore. A director at Social Finance in London, Toby Eccles explores the arbitrage between those two options. In 2010, his pioneering Social Impact Bond allowed private investors to support a UK program targeting ex-prisoners who served short sentences (the limited government funding only goes to ex-inmates who served long terms). The £5m scheme, funded by 17 investors, supports training and support for 1,000 ex-inmates; if they re-offend less than a control group, the government will pay investors back, plus interest, through the savings accrued by achieving the program’s targets. More such bonds are now being tried across the world, including in New York City and Massachusetts (both addressing recidivism), and extended to new fields such as development. Eccles founded Social Finance in 2007, and he oversees all of the firm’s social impact bond work, where, he says: “We are incentivised to work with the complicated and with those willing to change.” “We are incentivised to work with the complicated and with those willing to change.”
Social Media and Games for Social Change The USC Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy 2013 Philanthropic Leadership Forum Breakout Session on Philanthropic Innovation featuring Lucy Bernholz, Allison Fine, Mayur Patel, Constance Steinkuehler, and Benjamin Stokes
Steven Addis: A father-daughter bond, one photo at a time A long time ago in New York City, Steve Addis stood on a corner holding his 1-year-old daughter in his arms; his wife snapped a photo. The image has inspired an annual father-daughter ritual, where Addis and his daughter pose for the same picture, on the same corner, each year. Addis shares 15 treasured photographs from the series, and explores why this small, repeated ritual means so much. Steven Addis is a father and photography buff who, by day, harnesses the power of branding for social change. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM In the late ‘80s, Steven Addis imagined a creative agency that merged strategy and design, breaking down the walls between strategists, copywriters and designers. That vision evolved into Addis Creson, a brand strategy firm set on creating positive change by working with clients to market meaningful products and to improve their social benefit. The firm is behind the rapid rise of Kashi, the naming of Shutterfly and the launching of the sustainably raised salmon brand, Verlasso. A photographer, film buff and writer, Addis began documenting the evolution of branding as the online world took shape. An avid traveler and supporter of the arts, he also advises businesses and non-profits through board work for the UC Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive andMapLight. “Over the years, Addis’s company has evolved from being solely a package-design firm to one that also acts as a full-service agency, one dedicated to positive change. ” Adweek
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- 20 Weird Things We’ve Learned About Bill GatesMarch 23, 2017
- Austin’s richest ranks high on new Forbes list of world’s billionairesMarch 23, 2017
- Bay Area tech leaders dominate the top of Forbes’ 31st Annual World’s Billionaires list. – San Francisco Business TimesMarch 23, 2017
- Forbes: Newest member of the billionaires club? Papa JohnMarch 23, 2017
- Youngest billionaires: How did they make their money?March 23, 2017
- The Billionaire Sports Team Owners Almanac 2017March 23, 2017
- It’s The Best Time To Buy These REITs Since 2009March 23, 2017
- Tony Robbins’ 4 rules for investingMarch 23, 2017
- Global Art Sales Fall 11% to Lowest Point Since RecessionMarch 23, 2017
- Rent The Runway Cofounder Fleiss Bows Out As Company Preps For IPOMarch 23, 2017
- How to qualify for the New Flat Tax System in Italy – YouTubeMarch 23, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg net worth: How much money does the Facebook founder have?March 23, 2017
- Rolex unveiled a new watch that’s shinier than anything we’ve seen from the brand beforeMarch 22, 2017
- ‘Subprime credit losses are accelerating’: There’s a problem in the auto loan marketMarch 22, 2017
- The world’s largest hedge fund just published a 61-page paper on populism that says the movement is at its highest level since the eve of WWIIMarch 22, 2017
- Meet Trump’s Kind Of Immigrants: Wealthy Investors Who Funded A Kushner Development In Jersey CityMarch 22, 2017
- The Story Of Trump’s Deals In Florida: From Failed Towers To Foreclosure And Slow SuccessesMarch 22, 2017
- Snapdeal in talks with Flipkart, Paytm for a potential saleMarch 22, 2017
- Singapore and Hong Kong Top World’s Most Expensive CitiesMarch 22, 2017
- The days of owning a car could be fading away, thanks to these alternativesMarch 22, 2017
- Survey: We’re stressed by retirement preparations – but doing little to prepareMarch 22, 2017
- Bianca Rinehart given go-ahead to sue her mother Gina over family trustMarch 22, 2017
- Tronc Board Dispute Said to Center on L.A. Billionaire’s TradesMarch 22, 2017
- Being An Entrepreneur Is The Worst Job Ever, And This Is Why I Wouldn’t Take It Any Other WayMarch 21, 2017
- Forbes: Georgia’s nine billionairesMarch 21, 2017
- The world’s billionaire population declined in 2016March 21, 2017
- Canada Pension Plan looks to raise its bet on ChinaMarch 21, 2017
- Jeff Bezos Ranks Third on the List of Global Billionaires in 2017March 20, 2017
- First daughter Ivanka Trump gets West Wing officeMarch 20, 2017
- WeWork is raising $3 billion from SoftBank and its massive tech fundMarch 20, 2017
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here’s how high-frequency trading has changed the stock marketMarch 20, 2017
- Makeblock raises $30 million for robot-building kits for kidsMarch 20, 2017
- Secretive Billionaire Reveals How He Toppled Apple in ChinaMarch 20, 2017
- Time Trials: The Watches of Our 2017 Car of the Year CompetitionMarch 20, 2017
- A New Generation of Luxury Rises in Turks and CaicosMarch 20, 2017
- Argentinian billionaire in Falklands bidMarch 20, 2017
- China vs. America: The Different Spending Habits of the WealthyMarch 20, 2017
- Wealth rises by £15 billion in Asian Rich List 2017 – Eastern EyeMarch 20, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics