Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Organization"
3 Dimensions of Innovation: James Wallbank In the late 90’s James imagined an alternative model of lifelong digital engagement that would be free and open to all, and would develop a wide range of skills and abilities at a minimal cost. A key seemed to be mobilising the wasted resources he saw around him – prematurely obsolete technology, trashed materials, empty buildings, and the wasted time of people who couldn’t find work. The do-it-yourself media lab that emerged from that vision, Access Space, opened in 2000 and is still running today. It combines recycled computers, free software and the collective intelligence of a peer learning community to build a powerful platform for developing skills and enterprise. Access Space develops confidence, capability, creativity and connections, and seeks to spread its holistic approach. Currently the organisation is researching the individual, enterprise and community development potential of advanced manufacturing technologies. James contends that access to technology and technological skills, are necessary, but insufficient, for individuals, enterprises or communities to thrive; other very different capabilities are also needed.
/ Business Values, CEO, Change, Creativity and Business, Entrepreneur, Family Business, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Marketing, Philosophy, Planning, Productivity, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Talent Management, Visionary
Brian Klapper: “The Q-Loop” The business environment has never been more fast-paced and competitive. Survival, let alone success, depends on an organization’s ability to recognize possibilities, innovate, implement change, and sustain that transformation. Yet a paradox exists. How does an established organization filled with long-time employees, a deeply entrenched culture, and a history of drawn-out planning and development cycles become nimble, innovative, and responsive? In The Q-Loop Brian Klapper reveals the “art and science” of lasting transformation based on a proven, repeatable model. Learn how to unlock the potential of your organization’s collective intelligence to create buy-in from top to bottom. The Q-Loop extracts the deep knowledge that resides with front line employees, breaks down their inherent resistance to change, and converts them into passionate advocates who are fully invested in leading the organization to achieve transformational results. About the Speaker: Brian is the President and Founding Partner of The Klapper Institute. He is an internationally recognized expert in transformational change, working with a variety of global companies in financial services, consumer products, manufacturing, food service, utilities, retail, and healthcare. His experience spans all elements of the value chain, as well as all customer touchpoints. A recognized thought leader, Brian is currently working on a new book that provides insights on the complex cultural and operational issues that companies must address to achieve and sustain transformational change. Before founding The Klapper Institute, Brian was the President of The Tatham Group, a boutique process redesign firm. Previously, he was a Partner at Mercer Management Consulting (formerly Strategic Planning Associates, now Oliver Wyman) focusing on strategy development and operational transformation.
Talent Management Best Practices: Identifying and Developing High Potential Leaders Kevin Groves, assistant professor of organizational theory and management at the Graziadio School of Business and Management, makes a case for why talent management matters now more than ever. Based on his research, he offers a model for talent management best practices and the implications of his findings for organizations.
The Model of Hope: Daniel Simkin and Ethan Wasserman Daniel Simkin is the co-founder and co-director of HopeBook, Inc, a nonprofit organization dedicated to help cancer patients. He was born and raised in Venezuela. In 1997 he was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and the doctors’ prognosis revealed that Daniel would only live for two months. He not only survived and lived past those two months, but he fought cancer for a year. He remembers that there were 23 other children in the Cancer Ward at that time who were also battling this horrible disease, of which he is one of only three survivors from that group. Today he has been cancer free for 15 years. For Daniel, cancer has changed his entire viewpoint on life, and he really enjoys helping cancer patients. Daniel is the co-founder and co-director of HopeBook, Inc, a non-profit organization dedicated to help cancer patients. Currently, Daniel lives and studies in New York City. He is majoring in Business Management and minoring in Mathematics at Yeshiva University and will be graduating in 2014. Daniel is a serial entrepreneur who, at 22 years of age, has created six different companies. Daniel plans to continue dedicating his time to those with cancer. Ethan Wasserman is a co-founder of HopeBook, a non-profit that helps young cancer patients through the tough challenges they face everyday. His co-founder suffered from cancer and realized that even simple questions like, “Why is this happening to me?” are hard to answer. HopeBook was started to provide these answers and stop patients from feeling alone. HopeBook is a community project dedicated to creating, distributing and providing hope to patients in the form of a book. This interactive diary is a collection of information, games, health facts and stories of people who overcame the same struggles and are alive and thriving today. It provides a vision of a future to patients by sharing stories of many others who survived the same disease. It has created a network of friends who use their experiences to help current patients. Ethan graduated Yeshiva University with degreesin Psychology and Political Science. He is currently a Presidential Fellow for the Sy Syms School of Business at YU.
Adam Grant ” The Power of Powerless Communication” Adam Grant, author of ‘Give and Take’ and the youngest tenured professor at Wharton- gives us some insight into what works in communication. Grant uses results from research as well as stories from his own life to get us thinking about how we are perceived when we communicate and how to tweak our style to maximize our results.
Keys to leadership success ESADE Visiting Professor and leadership expert Richard Boyatzis discusses the characteristics that distinguish effective leaders from non-leaders
Collaboration -Affect/Possibility – Ken Blanchard Stating that “no one of us is as smart as all of us,” Ken Blanchard teaches us three aspects of successful collaboration: 1. if you meet someone who wants to accomplish something, and you want to accomplish something, the experience is meant to be dynamic; 2. rely on the different skills and experience people bring to the table; 3. “essence” and “form” are the two characteristics of a solid collaboration.
The Ten Habits Of Leadership Development Ossie Mills talks to us about habits that promotes leadership development.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- NBA Great Yao Ming Is Making a Big Impact with His Latest VentureMarch 24, 2017
- Omega’s Latest Seamaster Planet Ocean Is Dressed in Blue Ceramic for the First TimeMarch 24, 2017
- Porsche Design’s Monobloc Actuator Rewrites the Rules of Chronograph DesignMarch 24, 2017
- The Largest Diamond in North America Hits the RoadMarch 24, 2017
- Bryant Park Grill Offers a Rare Pappy Van Winkle DinnerMarch 24, 2017
- 4 of the Best New Women’s Watches on Display at Baselworld 2017March 24, 2017
- Woman Claims Ex-Husband Donated Funds To University That Belong To HerMarch 24, 2017
- The Story Of Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Now Prisoner In Chinese JailMarch 24, 2017
- How Tom & Judy Love Turned The Crippling 1970s Fuel Crisis Into A Multi Billion Dollar Travel EmpireMarch 24, 2017
- If ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Enough Money, Emma Watson Will Score Up To $15 MillionMarch 24, 2017
- Las Pozas: The “Surrealist Xanadu” Playground Built By A Millionaire In The Mexican JungleMarch 24, 2017
- Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge Made $98.5 Million Last YearMarch 24, 2017
- The 10 Most Valuable NBA Teams This YearMarch 24, 2017
- The Richest People In The U.S. Right NowMarch 24, 2017
- VIDEO: A Preview of Billionaire’s Giving IssueMarch 24, 2017
- Inside The World’s Most Innovative Cruise ShipMarch 24, 2017
- Seven of the World’s Best Club SandwichesMarch 24, 2017
- David Beckham’s Former Ferrari Spider Goes On SaleMarch 24, 2017
- Trump earned $67M in real estate royalties in ’05March 24, 2017
- Hong Kong billionaires rake it in, despite efforts to cool marketMarch 24, 2017
- Here’s where California real estate players ranked on Forbes’ billionaires listMarch 24, 2017
- 20 Weird Things We’ve Learned About Bill GatesMarch 23, 2017
- Austin’s richest ranks high on new Forbes list of world’s billionairesMarch 23, 2017
- Bay Area tech leaders dominate the top of Forbes’ 31st Annual World’s Billionaires list. – San Francisco Business TimesMarch 23, 2017
- Forbes: Newest member of the billionaires club? Papa JohnMarch 23, 2017
- Youngest billionaires: How did they make their money?March 23, 2017
- The Billionaire Sports Team Owners Almanac 2017March 23, 2017
- It’s The Best Time To Buy These REITs Since 2009March 23, 2017
- Tony Robbins’ 4 rules for investingMarch 23, 2017
- Global Art Sales Fall 11% to Lowest Point Since RecessionMarch 23, 2017
- Rent The Runway Cofounder Fleiss Bows Out As Company Preps For IPOMarch 23, 2017
- How to qualify for the New Flat Tax System in Italy – YouTubeMarch 23, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg net worth: How much money does the Facebook founder have?March 23, 2017
- Rolex unveiled a new watch that’s shinier than anything we’ve seen from the brand beforeMarch 22, 2017
- ‘Subprime credit losses are accelerating’: There’s a problem in the auto loan marketMarch 22, 2017
- The world’s largest hedge fund just published a 61-page paper on populism that says the movement is at its highest level since the eve of WWIIMarch 22, 2017
- Meet Trump’s Kind Of Immigrants: Wealthy Investors Who Funded A Kushner Development In Jersey CityMarch 22, 2017
- The Story Of Trump’s Deals In Florida: From Failed Towers To Foreclosure And Slow SuccessesMarch 22, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics