Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Middle East"
Dambisa Moyo: Is China the new idol for emerging economies? The developed world holds up the ideals of capitalism, democracy and political rights for all. Those in emerging markets often don’t have that luxury. In this powerful talk, economist Dambisa Moyo makes the case that the west can’t afford to rest on its laurels and imagine others will blindly follow. Instead, a different model, embodied by China, is increasingly appealing. A call for open-minded political and economic cooperation in the name of transforming the world. Dambisa Moyo is an international economist who analyzes the macroeconomy and global affairs. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Dambisa Moyo’s work examines the interplay between rapidly developing countries, international business, and the global economy — while highlighting opportunities for investment. She has travelled to more than 60 countries over the past decade, studying the political, economic and financial workings of emerging economies, in particular the BRICs and the frontier economies in Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East. Her latest book,Winner Take All: China’s Race for Resources and What It Means for the World, looks at how commodities markets influence much more than the global economy — and examines the possible consequences of China’s unprecedented rush for commodities such as oil, minerals, water, and food, including the looming specter of commodity-driven conflict. She is the author of the brilliantly argued Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa and How the West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly and the Stark Choices Ahead. Previously, she was an economist at Goldman Sachs, where she worked for nearly a decade, and was a consultant to the World Bank in Washington.
Dambisa Moyo: Is China the new idol for emerging economies? The developed world holds up the ideals of capitalism, democracy and political rights for all. Those in emerging markets often don’t have that luxury. In this powerful talk, economist Dambisa Moyo makes the case that the west can’t afford to rest on its laurels and imagine others will blindly follow. Instead, a different model, embodied by China, is increasingly appealing. A call for open-minded political and economic cooperation in the name of transforming the world. Dambisa Moyo is an international economist who analyzes the macroeconomy and global affairs. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Dambisa Moyo’s work examines the interplay between rapidly developing countries, international business, and the global economy — while highlighting opportunities for investment. She has travelled to more than 60 countries over the past decade, studying the political, economic and financial workings of emerging economies, in particular the BRICs and the frontier economies in Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East. Her latest book, Winner Take All: China’s Race for Resources and What It Means for the World, looks at how commodities markets influence much more than the global economy — and examines the possible consequences of China’s unprecedented rush for commodities such as oil, minerals, water, and food, including the looming specter of commodity-driven conflict. She is the author of the brilliantly argued Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa and How the West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly and the Stark Choices Ahead. Previously, she was an economist at Goldman Sachs, where she worked for nearly a decade, and was a consultant to the World Bank in Washington.
/ Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Change, Character, Choices, Confidence, Courage, Destiny, Future, Game Changers, Goals, Hope, Inspiration, Leadership, Motivation, Philosophy, Success, The Secret, Trends, Visionary, Wisdom
The Art of Embracing the Unknown: Gayathri Krishnan Gayathri Krishnan is a young aspiring musician living the Middle Eastern dream. Being the highest reviewed and rated unsigned artist to date by the Rolling Stone Middle East, Gayathri is a champion of independent movement with a growing fan base allowing her to raise $23,000 via crowdfunding to release her debut album, “The Unknown” within 10 days. With her performance talk on “The Art of Embracing the Unknown” she hopes to trigger change in the attitude of young individuals by reflecting her struggles and strengths as a musician.
Lesley Hazleton: The doubt essential to faith When Lesley Hazleton was writing a biography of Muhammad, she was struck by something: The night he received the revelation of the Koran, according to early accounts, his first reaction was doubt, awe, even fear. And yet this experience became the bedrock of his belief. Hazleton calls for a new appreciation of doubt and questioning as the foundation of faith — and an end to fundamentalism of all kinds. Writer Lesley Hazleton is the author of ‘The First Muslim,’ a new look at the life of Muhammad. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? A psychologist by training and Middle East reporter by experience, British-born Lesley Hazleton has spent the last ten years exploring the vast and often terrifying arena in which politics and religion, past and present, intersect. She’s written about the history of the Sunni/Shi’a split, as well as books on two of the Bible’s most compelling female figures: Mary and Jezebel. Her latest book is The First Muslim, a new look at the life of Muhammad, the founder of Islam. In researching her book, she sat and read the full Koran again — exploring the beauty and subtlety in this often-misquoted holy book. As she says: ” I’m always asking questions — not to find “answers,” but to see where the questions lead. Dead ends sometimes? That’s fine. New directions? Interesting. Great insights? Over-ambitious. A glimpse here and there? Perfect.” “Very interesting perspective. Her talk has motivated me to read and learn more about the Koran and make up my own mind rather than get second hand information filled with hate.” Alan Klein, commenting at Informed Comment, juancole.com
James Murphy: Family Offices Providing Capital for Family Businesses Family offices are a good “fit” for providing captial for family businesses.
Lieutenant Commander Rorke Denver on Leadership LCDR RORKE T. DENVER has run every phase of training for the U.S. Navy SEALs and led special-forces missions in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and other international hot spots. He stars in the hit 2012 film Act of Valor, which is based on true SEAL adventures. His first book, Damn Few: Making the Modern Warrior, is being published in January by Hyperion. In his presentation, he provides compelling personal stories of his combat experience as a Navy SEAL and relates them to his life today. Denver is an honor graduate of the United States Army Ranger School. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Syracuse University, where he was an All-American lacrosse player and captain of the varsity lacrosse team. He earned a Master’s Degree in Global Business Leadership from the University of San Diego.
RICHEST MAN IN MIDDLE EAST Part 1: AlWaleed Bin Talal (born 7 March 1955) is the son of Prince Talal and Mona Al Solh, the daughter of Riad Al Solh, Lebanon’s first Prime Minister after its independence. AlWaleed is Prince Talal’s second son. Al Waleed is the grandson of Saudi Arabia’s FOUNDER Ibn Saud. Whilst he is a Saudi Arabian business tycoon and investor – this was achieved AFTER he worked hard at achieving the CRUCIAL educational goals he set out to achieve – [whilst he is a senior member of the Saudi royal family]. He is the founder, CEO, and 95%-owner of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) located in the capital of KSA, Riyadh. His “personal wealth” was estimated in excess of US $18 billion – yet this money should be identified as held in TRUST by the Sovereign state of Saudi Arabia. Arabian Business (AB) might rank him as the most influential Arab in the world – yet as the financial Trustee of the Sovereign assets of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) this is not at all surprising. As of January 2013, the “Bloomberg Billionaires Index” (“BBI”) which can never be an accurate representation of REAL wealth of the planet as several crucial individuals do not appear – more importantly several of the so called Billionaires are acolytes of one very rich entity based in London – if this is taken into account the BBI is identified as nothing like the reality. The BBI lists AlWaleed bin Talal as the 10th-richest man in the world, yet he should feature far, far higher if a closer representation to the truth was made transparent. [With an estimated net worth of over US $29 billion]. To truly understand any person it is CRUCIAL to ascertain a person’s personal educational achievements! Al Waleed worked hard to earn a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Business Administration from Menlo College in California in 1979. After further hard slog he was to earn a Master’s degree in Social Science (MSc) with honours (Hons) from Syracuse University in 1985. Not surprisingly, the staff AlWaleed bin Talal employs tend to not only have a solid educational background – but also tend to be people of integrity. Part 2: Part 3: Part 4:
Saygin Yalcin – Business Plan Saygin Yalcin is the Founder and President of the first and largest online private shopping club in the Middle East, Sukar.com, Vice President at Souq.com and Partner at Jabbar Internet Group. Moreover, Saygin is Academic Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Ecommerce at the Canadian University of Dubai, one of the leading universities, research and teaching institutions in the UAE. Saygin has founded Sukar.com and in less than a year, the company has become the most successful e-commerce startup in the Middle East and, with Saygin at its helm, has grown into a multi-million-dollar business. More than 1 million shoppers have invitation-only access to fashion, lifestyle and luxury products through daily offers at privileged prices. The club operates across nine countries, including the GCC, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt. Souq.com, the largest online retailer in the Arab world has acquired Sukar.com in April 2012. With the investment of Tiger Global, Naspers (MIH) and Jabbar Internet Group in October 2012, the new Souq Group has been formed. Prior to founding Sukar.com and collecting experience at multinational corporations, such as L’Oreal, the BMW Group or Capgemini Consulting, Saygin was Founder & CEO of Joe Suis GmbH; a premium luxury house for high end leather handbags and diamond jewelry, collaborating with online shopping clubs as major distribution channels. Joe Suis has successfully been acquired by KupiVIP.ru to become one of the most successful private labels in Russia. Saygin holds an international master’s degree in business administration and economics, having studied at top business schools in Germany (WHU), the USA (USC) and Mexico (ITAM). He is fluent in German, English, Spanish and Turkish.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics