Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Massachusetts"
Toby Eccles: Invest in social change Here’s a stat worth knowing: In the UK, 63% of men who finish short-term prison sentences are back inside within a year for another crime. Helping them stay outside involves job training, classes, therapy. And it would pay off handsomely — but the government can’t find the funds. Toby Eccles shares an imaginative idea for how to change that: the Social Impact Bond. It’s an unusual bond that helps fund initiatives with a social goal through private money — with the government paying back the investors (with interest) if the initiatives work. Toby Eccles has created a radical financial instrument that helps private investors contribute to solving thorny public problems. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? All too often, an ex-inmate walks out of prison with the exact same problems he or she walked in with: lack of skills, lack of support, no job. And they end up re-offending and back in jail. It’s an expensive problem to fix, but it’s a much more expensive one to ignore. A director at Social Finance in London, Toby Eccles explores the arbitrage between those two options. In 2010, his pioneering Social Impact Bond allowed private investors to support a UK program targeting ex-prisoners who served short sentences (the limited government funding only goes to ex-inmates who served long terms). The £5m scheme, funded by 17 investors, supports training and support for 1,000 ex-inmates; if they re-offend less than a control group, the government will pay investors back, plus interest, through the savings accrued by achieving the program’s targets. More such bonds are now being tried across the world, including in New York City and Massachusetts (both addressing recidivism), and extended to new fields such as development. Eccles founded Social Finance in 2007, and he oversees all of the firm’s social impact bond work, where, he says: “We are incentivised to work with the complicated and with those willing to change.” “We are incentivised to work with the complicated and with those willing to change.”
“What Would You Do If Your Were Not Afraid?” : Anas Bukhash Anas Bukhash graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, and since then has embarked on a variety of careers spanning 8 years of professionalism. Working in the oil & gas, property development, philanthropy and sports sectors, Anas has a wealth of knowledge extending across all fields – but his biggest passion was football. Anas can often be found on-screen as a regular guest on Abu Dhabi Sports’ ‘The Beautiful Game’, alongside many other assorted TV and radio appearances, events, talks and workshops. A popular tweeter, Anas’ Twitter account is one of the most followed in the region, and as well as his sporting interests.
/ Attitude, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, Care, CEO, Communication, Company Culture, Conversation, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business Dynamics, Game Changers, Human Resources, Importance of Language, Leadership, Management, Motivation, Productivity, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Talent Management, Visionary
Harvard Business Review: #1 Key to Motivation In a multi-year study, researchers at the Harvard Business School first asked 600 managers from dozens of different companies to rank the impact of five factors that are normally associated with motivation – recognition, incentives, support from managers and colleagues, clear goals and a sense of making progress. In this first phase of the study, recognition for good work was ranked by managers as the most important factor in motivation.
CNBC Squawk Box: Sen. Warren Leads Charge to Break Up Big Banks Senator John McCain and Elizabeth Warren are teaming up to break up the megabanks. Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren joined the Squawk Box team on Friday, July 12th to discuss this new bill.
Dr. Lynne Kenney: Why Expectations Are Important Dr. Lynne Kenney, a self-professed “nine year-old at heart,” recognizes that we live in a stressful world. She also believes that kids are resilient and forgiving, and that in the face of challenges, we can raise strong, independent children while living passionately and helping our children do the same. A clinician and an educator, Dr. Kenney talks about: Establishing and communicating values for our children; Setting boundaries; Getting out of the “control cycle”; Helping kids define themselves. Dr. Kenney founded the multimedia franchise Real Time Moms, audiocasts the ModMom show, and hosts Baby Basics on BabyFirst tV. she has written for audiences from children to divorce court judges, and she has a busy clinical practice. she holds a doctorate in psychology from Pepperdine University and has trained at Harvard Medical School and UCLA Medical School.
The Myth of Average: Todd Rose High school dropout turned Harvard faculty talks about how a simple new way of thinking helps nurture individual potential. L. Todd Rose is co-founder and president of Project Variability, an organization dedicated to providing leadership around the emerging new science of the individual and its implications for education, the workforce, and society. In addition, he is a faculty member at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, where he teaches Educational Neuroscience. Todd is also the author of Square Peg: My story and what it means for raising visionaries, innovators, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Bill Gates Speech at Harvard University Be inspired by Bill Gates – the most successful and the richest dropout in the world!
Shared Leadership for Community Change: Andre Leroux As Executive Director of the Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance, André has led efforts to reform zoning laws, increase transportation investment, and create a network of great places. He established Great Neighborhoods to support local groups and helped launch Transportation for Massachusetts to advocate for walking, biking, and public transportation. Before joining the Alliance, André led the Reviviendo Gateway Initiative (RGI) in Lawrence, Massachusetts, a model of public-private partnership for urban revitalization. Composed of residents, property owners, government officials, artists, nonprofit organizations, and businesspeople, RGI sparked more than $120 million of investment in the City of Lawrence in three years. André also led the creation of two smart growth zoning districts in the city, helped to found a cultural economic development initiative, and coordinated a research and educational collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology called MIT@Lawrence.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The maker of Ray Ban is merging with a rival in a €50 billion dealJanuary 16, 2017
- South Korea wants to arrest Samsung’s vice chairman on bribery and embezzlement chargesJanuary 16, 2017
- Merkel hits back at Trump: Europe’s fate is ‘in our own hands’January 16, 2017
- Cutting Cash Would Be a Boon for the World’s Poor, Rogoff SaysJanuary 16, 2017
- Singapore’s MAS Warns of ‘Disastrous’ Effect of Trade ConflictsJanuary 16, 2017
- Just how badly could Trump’s threatened 45% tariff hurt China?January 16, 2017
- The world’s eight richest people have same amount of money as half the world’s poor: OxfamJanuary 16, 2017
- Nicole Kidman Get’s Blackballed By Hollywood After Calling For Americans To Stand With Trump January 16, 2017
- Why The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stock Is a Must-Own for Income InvestorsJanuary 16, 2017
- Oxfam’s attack on ‘beyond grotesque’ inequality fails to highlight the charitable work of the world’s richest peopleJanuary 16, 2017
- Russian billionaire hires Elton John and Mariah Carey for weddingJanuary 16, 2017
- Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife sues her former personal assistant for £19 millionJanuary 16, 2017
- Germany media giant acquires Hong Kong’s luxury news portal LifestyleAsiaJanuary 16, 2017
- Peter Thiel may be mulling a run for California governor: ReportJanuary 16, 2017
- Who are the 8 richest people? All men, mostly AmericansJanuary 16, 2017
- India’s rising income inequality: Richest 1% own 58% of total wealth – Times of IndiaJanuary 15, 2017
- The richest eight tycoons on the planet are worth as much as the poorest 3.6 billion people, Oxfam claimsJanuary 15, 2017
- The world’s largest asset manager wants to rein in the salaries of top execsJanuary 15, 2017
- 15 things successful people do over 3-day weekendsJanuary 15, 2017
- Britain could become a corporate tax havenJanuary 15, 2017
- This tiny pattern makes it impossible to scan or photocopy moneyJanuary 15, 2017
- China’s currency manipulation could become a global problem in 2017January 15, 2017
- 17 of President Obama’s most inspirational quotesJanuary 15, 2017
- We could be heading for ‘a stock pickers’ paradise’ | 01/14/17 | Markets InsiderJanuary 15, 2017
- Everyone is asking the wrong question about EuropeJanuary 15, 2017
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire To Send Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram To CollegeJanuary 15, 2017
- Ciara Drops Her $15 Million Lawsuit Against FutureJanuary 15, 2017
- How Much Money Will Barack Obama Get From The Presidential Pension?January 15, 2017
- Scarlett Johansson Is The Highest Grossing Actor Of The YearJanuary 15, 2017
- Don’t buy the spin: Trump’s tycoons really will avoid taxesJanuary 14, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth jumps $5 billion to start 2017 — faster than any other billionaireJanuary 14, 2017
- 10 self-made American billionairesJanuary 14, 2017
- The Countries With The Best And Worst Gender Pay Gap Expectations — And How The U.S. Stacks UpJanuary 14, 2017
- African Billionaire Fortunes Decline On New FORBES List Of The Continent’s RichestJanuary 14, 2017
- Five Ways To Defy Debt CollectorsJanuary 14, 2017
- Russian Billionaires, Including Some Tied To Putin, Have Gained $29 Billion Since Trump’s ElectionJanuary 14, 2017
- Netflix climbs to an all-time high ahead of earningsJanuary 13, 2017
- Family businesses lack succession plansJanuary 13, 2017
- Here’s a first look at Mercedes’ new 1,000 horsepower hybrid supercarJanuary 13, 2017
- Read the letter George W. Bush’s daughters wrote to Obama’s daughtersJanuary 13, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics