Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Massachusetts"
Toby Eccles: Invest in social change Here’s a stat worth knowing: In the UK, 63% of men who finish short-term prison sentences are back inside within a year for another crime. Helping them stay outside involves job training, classes, therapy. And it would pay off handsomely — but the government can’t find the funds. Toby Eccles shares an imaginative idea for how to change that: the Social Impact Bond. It’s an unusual bond that helps fund initiatives with a social goal through private money — with the government paying back the investors (with interest) if the initiatives work. Toby Eccles has created a radical financial instrument that helps private investors contribute to solving thorny public problems. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? All too often, an ex-inmate walks out of prison with the exact same problems he or she walked in with: lack of skills, lack of support, no job. And they end up re-offending and back in jail. It’s an expensive problem to fix, but it’s a much more expensive one to ignore. A director at Social Finance in London, Toby Eccles explores the arbitrage between those two options. In 2010, his pioneering Social Impact Bond allowed private investors to support a UK program targeting ex-prisoners who served short sentences (the limited government funding only goes to ex-inmates who served long terms). The £5m scheme, funded by 17 investors, supports training and support for 1,000 ex-inmates; if they re-offend less than a control group, the government will pay investors back, plus interest, through the savings accrued by achieving the program’s targets. More such bonds are now being tried across the world, including in New York City and Massachusetts (both addressing recidivism), and extended to new fields such as development. Eccles founded Social Finance in 2007, and he oversees all of the firm’s social impact bond work, where, he says: “We are incentivised to work with the complicated and with those willing to change.” “We are incentivised to work with the complicated and with those willing to change.”
“What Would You Do If Your Were Not Afraid?” : Anas Bukhash Anas Bukhash graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, and since then has embarked on a variety of careers spanning 8 years of professionalism. Working in the oil & gas, property development, philanthropy and sports sectors, Anas has a wealth of knowledge extending across all fields – but his biggest passion was football. Anas can often be found on-screen as a regular guest on Abu Dhabi Sports’ ‘The Beautiful Game’, alongside many other assorted TV and radio appearances, events, talks and workshops. A popular tweeter, Anas’ Twitter account is one of the most followed in the region, and as well as his sporting interests.
/ Attitude, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, Care, CEO, Communication, Company Culture, Conversation, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business Dynamics, Game Changers, Human Resources, Importance of Language, Leadership, Management, Motivation, Productivity, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Talent Management, Visionary
Harvard Business Review: #1 Key to Motivation In a multi-year study, researchers at the Harvard Business School first asked 600 managers from dozens of different companies to rank the impact of five factors that are normally associated with motivation – recognition, incentives, support from managers and colleagues, clear goals and a sense of making progress. In this first phase of the study, recognition for good work was ranked by managers as the most important factor in motivation.
CNBC Squawk Box: Sen. Warren Leads Charge to Break Up Big Banks Senator John McCain and Elizabeth Warren are teaming up to break up the megabanks. Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren joined the Squawk Box team on Friday, July 12th to discuss this new bill.
Dr. Lynne Kenney: Why Expectations Are Important Dr. Lynne Kenney, a self-professed “nine year-old at heart,” recognizes that we live in a stressful world. She also believes that kids are resilient and forgiving, and that in the face of challenges, we can raise strong, independent children while living passionately and helping our children do the same. A clinician and an educator, Dr. Kenney talks about: Establishing and communicating values for our children; Setting boundaries; Getting out of the “control cycle”; Helping kids define themselves. Dr. Kenney founded the multimedia franchise Real Time Moms, audiocasts the ModMom show, and hosts Baby Basics on BabyFirst tV. she has written for audiences from children to divorce court judges, and she has a busy clinical practice. she holds a doctorate in psychology from Pepperdine University and has trained at Harvard Medical School and UCLA Medical School.
The Myth of Average: Todd Rose High school dropout turned Harvard faculty talks about how a simple new way of thinking helps nurture individual potential. L. Todd Rose is co-founder and president of Project Variability, an organization dedicated to providing leadership around the emerging new science of the individual and its implications for education, the workforce, and society. In addition, he is a faculty member at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, where he teaches Educational Neuroscience. Todd is also the author of Square Peg: My story and what it means for raising visionaries, innovators, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Bill Gates Speech at Harvard University Be inspired by Bill Gates – the most successful and the richest dropout in the world!
Shared Leadership for Community Change: Andre Leroux As Executive Director of the Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance, André has led efforts to reform zoning laws, increase transportation investment, and create a network of great places. He established Great Neighborhoods to support local groups and helped launch Transportation for Massachusetts to advocate for walking, biking, and public transportation. Before joining the Alliance, André led the Reviviendo Gateway Initiative (RGI) in Lawrence, Massachusetts, a model of public-private partnership for urban revitalization. Composed of residents, property owners, government officials, artists, nonprofit organizations, and businesspeople, RGI sparked more than $120 million of investment in the City of Lawrence in three years. André also led the creation of two smart growth zoning districts in the city, helped to found a cultural economic development initiative, and coordinated a research and educational collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology called MIT@Lawrence.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- A Billionaire’s Party Is a Lens on Wealth in the Trump Era | BusinessMirrorFebruary 20, 2017
- Snap Co-Founder Spiegel Inches Closer to $588 Million PaydayFebruary 20, 2017
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
- How Great Leaders Pull and Push To SuccessFebruary 19, 2017
- Four Telltale Signs of a Disconnected OrganizationFebruary 19, 2017
- When Leaders Toss The ScriptFebruary 19, 2017
- Valentine’s Special: Better Halves Of The Best CEOs In The WorldFebruary 19, 2017
- Want to Be More Productive? Start By Scrapping Your To-Do ListFebruary 19, 2017
- Ten top RRSP questions answered – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- We know what women entrepreneurs need. So let’s get on with it. – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- Canadians Looking For Love Online Lost Millions To Scams In 2016February 19, 2017
- EU Approves Trade Deal With CanadaFebruary 19, 2017
- Business Council Urges Trudeau To Shield Canada From Trump’s AgendaFebruary 19, 2017
- We took a 1,000-horsepower electric luxury sedan for a spin on the streets of Silicon ValleyFebruary 19, 2017
- Meet the bankers working on a potential nearly $250 billion megamergerFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans have $12.58 trillion of debt — here’s what it looks likeFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans are facing a $50 billion headwind | 02/16/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 19, 2017
- What is a smart kid in the age of the smart machine?February 19, 2017
- A Wall Street performance coach who’s consulted on Showtime’s ‘Billions’ says too many people have the same misconception about successFebruary 19, 2017
- RANKED: The 21 most expensive holiday destinations on the planetFebruary 19, 2017
- Here’s who is going to get rich from the Snap IPOFebruary 19, 2017
- China will suspend all coal imports from North Korea after Pyongyang’s missile testFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump is in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to the stock marketFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump isn’t adjusting well to life in the White House — he’s reportedly experiencing ‘cabin fever’February 19, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Women Should Join a Coworking Space TodayFebruary 18, 2017
- (Social) Mission Accomplished: 6 Female Founders on Raising Capital With a Triple Bottom LineFebruary 18, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s 3 Top Pieces of Advice for EntrepreneursFebruary 18, 2017
- 4 Ways Parents Can Foster an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Their DaughtersFebruary 18, 2017
- 7 Ways Women Leaders Can Excel at Being Their Authentic SelvesFebruary 18, 2017
- New Study Finds the Global Gender Pay Gap Won’t Be Closed Until 2186February 18, 2017
- The One Thing This Entrepreneur Does Each Day to Stay ProductiveFebruary 18, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Is on the Rise (Infographic)February 18, 2017
- Heartland Entrepreneur: 1 Woman’s Journey to Global Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- For Those Women Looking to Get Into the C-Suite, This Unlikely Industry Is for YouFebruary 18, 2017
- Women Won’t Have Equal Numbers of Board Seats Until 2055, New Study FindsFebruary 18, 2017
- The Four Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Ask Themselves To Achieve Success in 2017February 18, 2017
- Despite Bias, Women Entrepreneurs Are an Enormous Economic ForceFebruary 18, 2017
- How Women Entrepreneurs Can Use Execution for Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics