Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "London"
Where are all the Billionaires? Why should We Care?: Victor Haghani Victor Haghani uses the puzzle of the missing billionaires to help us explore how and why most investors fail to capture the returns offered by the market. He puts forward a simple but powerful solution for those who aren’t satisfied with the status quo: it’s called “Active Index Investing.” This approach combines the best features of low-cost index funds with the appealing and successful aspects of active management, all for 1/10th the price that many investors currently pay. (filmed at TEDx St Paul’s School for Boys, London) Victor Haghani has spent nearly 30 years actively involved in markets and financial innovation. He started his career in 1984 in bond portfolio analysis research at Salomon Brothers, and later became a managing director in the bond arbitrage group run by John Meriwether. In 1993 Victor became a founding partner of Long-Term Capital Management. His participation in the failure of LTCM was a life-changing experience that led him to question and revise much of the way he thought about the economy, markets and investing. Since that time he has been involved in a variety of activities, including research and lecturing at the London School of Economics (his alma mater), where he is a senior research associate in the Financial Markets Group. Through a careful study of the academic literature on investing and many thought-provoking discussions with friends, colleagues, and investors of all backgrounds, Victor concluded that savers can and should do much better. He founded Elm Partners in 2011 to help investors manage their savings in an efficient and disciplined manner, and to capture the long term returns they ought to earn.
The Wealth Report – If you had US$30m in the bank, where would you invest in property? Andrew Hay, Knight Frank‘s Global Head of Residential Research answers common questions on why HNWIs are investing in prime property, where HNWIs are coming from and going to, where are HNWIs investing in prime property? Where are HNWI located? Where would I invest $30 million?
The Wealth Report: Commercial Property discussion with Jeremy Waters & James Roberts CommercIal property is back. As private investors look to increase their exposure to the global economic recovery, the Wealth Report 2013 looks at where the smart money is heading. Jeremy Waters, partner at Knight Frank and James Roberts, head of Commercial Research discuss the findings.
The Wealth Report – Future Trends in HNWI property investments Oliver Knight of Knight Frank‘s Residential Research team looks at the key findings of The Wealth Report’s Attitudes Survey. The survey provides a unique insight into how HNWIs view property now and in the future.
The Wealth Report 2013: Examining High Net Worth Individuals from around the world Creating wealth, it seems, is hardwired into us as a species. The total number of HNWIs around the world is increasing once more, despite the global economy still suffering from the aftershocks of the credit crunch and the ensuing financial crisis. much of this wealth creation is taking place in the world’s new economic powerhouses, but london and new york are still considered the most important cities for the super-rich — at least for now…
Afra Raymond: Three myths about corruption Trinidad and Tobago amassed great wealth in the 1970s thanks to oil. But in 1982, a shocking fact was revealed — that 2 out of every 3 dollars earmarked for development had been wasted or stolen. This has haunted Afra Raymond for 30 years. Shining a flashlight on a continued history of government corruption, Raymond gives us a reframing of financial crime. A leading expert in the fields of property valuation and project management, Afra Raymond is battling the government corruption rampant in his country, Trinidad and Tobago. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Afra Raymond calls out government corruption, demanding more transparency and accountability from the leaders of Trinidad and Tobago. His work in recent years has focused on the CL Financial collapse of 2009 and subsequent government bailout, which Raymond says operated “with different laws of physics” than bailouts of financial institutions in other countries. Writing on topics like white-collar crime, good governance and national development, Raymond shows that corruption shouldn’t be a given. He wrote the column “Property Matters” in The Business Guardian from 2004 through 2012. Now, he writes on his own website, AfraRaymond.com. Raymond looks at corruption through his lens as an expert in the fields of property valuation, project appraisal, development planning and management. He is a Chartered Surveyor and Managing Director of Raymond & Pierre Limited and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in January 2011. He has served on a number of Boards in various positions including Executive Member of the Federation of Black Housing Organizations (FBHO) in London, Board member of the Trinidad Building & Loan Association (TBLA), Director of EPL Properties Limited (EPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eastern Credit Union (ECU) and Immediate Past-President of the Institute of Surveyors of Trinidad & Tobago (ISTT). “Afra Raymond is a Trinidad and Tobago journalist whose effective work on the CL Financial scandal has continually exposed the unethical and illegal actions of many of the main players in the financial debacle. ” Barbados Free Press
My laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain – Charlie Chaplin
Bloomberg Interview – Pierre Mouton : Economy recover
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics