Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "London"
Where are all the Billionaires? Why should We Care?: Victor Haghani Victor Haghani uses the puzzle of the missing billionaires to help us explore how and why most investors fail to capture the returns offered by the market. He puts forward a simple but powerful solution for those who aren’t satisfied with the status quo: it’s called “Active Index Investing.” This approach combines the best features of low-cost index funds with the appealing and successful aspects of active management, all for 1/10th the price that many investors currently pay. (filmed at TEDx St Paul’s School for Boys, London) Victor Haghani has spent nearly 30 years actively involved in markets and financial innovation. He started his career in 1984 in bond portfolio analysis research at Salomon Brothers, and later became a managing director in the bond arbitrage group run by John Meriwether. In 1993 Victor became a founding partner of Long-Term Capital Management. His participation in the failure of LTCM was a life-changing experience that led him to question and revise much of the way he thought about the economy, markets and investing. Since that time he has been involved in a variety of activities, including research and lecturing at the London School of Economics (his alma mater), where he is a senior research associate in the Financial Markets Group. Through a careful study of the academic literature on investing and many thought-provoking discussions with friends, colleagues, and investors of all backgrounds, Victor concluded that savers can and should do much better. He founded Elm Partners in 2011 to help investors manage their savings in an efficient and disciplined manner, and to capture the long term returns they ought to earn.
The Wealth Report – If you had US$30m in the bank, where would you invest in property? Andrew Hay, Knight Frank‘s Global Head of Residential Research answers common questions on why HNWIs are investing in prime property, where HNWIs are coming from and going to, where are HNWIs investing in prime property? Where are HNWI located? Where would I invest $30 million?
The Wealth Report: Commercial Property discussion with Jeremy Waters & James Roberts CommercIal property is back. As private investors look to increase their exposure to the global economic recovery, the Wealth Report 2013 looks at where the smart money is heading. Jeremy Waters, partner at Knight Frank and James Roberts, head of Commercial Research discuss the findings.
The Wealth Report – Future Trends in HNWI property investments Oliver Knight of Knight Frank‘s Residential Research team looks at the key findings of The Wealth Report’s Attitudes Survey. The survey provides a unique insight into how HNWIs view property now and in the future.
The Wealth Report 2013: Examining High Net Worth Individuals from around the world Creating wealth, it seems, is hardwired into us as a species. The total number of HNWIs around the world is increasing once more, despite the global economy still suffering from the aftershocks of the credit crunch and the ensuing financial crisis. much of this wealth creation is taking place in the world’s new economic powerhouses, but london and new york are still considered the most important cities for the super-rich — at least for now…
Afra Raymond: Three myths about corruption Trinidad and Tobago amassed great wealth in the 1970s thanks to oil. But in 1982, a shocking fact was revealed — that 2 out of every 3 dollars earmarked for development had been wasted or stolen. This has haunted Afra Raymond for 30 years. Shining a flashlight on a continued history of government corruption, Raymond gives us a reframing of financial crime. A leading expert in the fields of property valuation and project management, Afra Raymond is battling the government corruption rampant in his country, Trinidad and Tobago. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Afra Raymond calls out government corruption, demanding more transparency and accountability from the leaders of Trinidad and Tobago. His work in recent years has focused on the CL Financial collapse of 2009 and subsequent government bailout, which Raymond says operated “with different laws of physics” than bailouts of financial institutions in other countries. Writing on topics like white-collar crime, good governance and national development, Raymond shows that corruption shouldn’t be a given. He wrote the column “Property Matters” in The Business Guardian from 2004 through 2012. Now, he writes on his own website, AfraRaymond.com. Raymond looks at corruption through his lens as an expert in the fields of property valuation, project appraisal, development planning and management. He is a Chartered Surveyor and Managing Director of Raymond & Pierre Limited and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in January 2011. He has served on a number of Boards in various positions including Executive Member of the Federation of Black Housing Organizations (FBHO) in London, Board member of the Trinidad Building & Loan Association (TBLA), Director of EPL Properties Limited (EPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eastern Credit Union (ECU) and Immediate Past-President of the Institute of Surveyors of Trinidad & Tobago (ISTT). “Afra Raymond is a Trinidad and Tobago journalist whose effective work on the CL Financial scandal has continually exposed the unethical and illegal actions of many of the main players in the financial debacle. ” Barbados Free Press
My laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain – Charlie Chaplin
Bloomberg Interview – Pierre Mouton : Economy recover
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The healthcare industry is starting to turn on itself as pressure over drug prices heats upMarch 25, 2017
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Another oil glut is coming in 2018March 25, 2017
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here are the ‘danger signals’ for a stock market top that we’re watching | 03/22/17 | Markets InsiderMarch 25, 2017
- The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2017March 25, 2017
- Rupert Murdoch reportedly sold $125 million in Theranos stock for just $1March 25, 2017
- Bitcoin tumbles below $1,000March 25, 2017
- One chart shows the huge amount of money Apple is spending to buy its own stockMarch 25, 2017
- The US government’s laptop ban is now in effect — here’s what we know so farMarch 25, 2017
- Ivanka Trump’s new White House position could be an ethical minefieldMarch 25, 2017
- NBA Great Yao Ming Is Making a Big Impact with His Latest VentureMarch 24, 2017
- Omega’s Latest Seamaster Planet Ocean Is Dressed in Blue Ceramic for the First TimeMarch 24, 2017
- Porsche Design’s Monobloc Actuator Rewrites the Rules of Chronograph DesignMarch 24, 2017
- The Largest Diamond in North America Hits the RoadMarch 24, 2017
- Bryant Park Grill Offers a Rare Pappy Van Winkle DinnerMarch 24, 2017
- 4 of the Best New Women’s Watches on Display at Baselworld 2017March 24, 2017
- Woman Claims Ex-Husband Donated Funds To University That Belong To HerMarch 24, 2017
- The Story Of Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Now Prisoner In Chinese JailMarch 24, 2017
- How Tom & Judy Love Turned The Crippling 1970s Fuel Crisis Into A Multi Billion Dollar Travel EmpireMarch 24, 2017
- If ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Enough Money, Emma Watson Will Score Up To $15 MillionMarch 24, 2017
- Las Pozas: The “Surrealist Xanadu” Playground Built By A Millionaire In The Mexican JungleMarch 24, 2017
- Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge Made $98.5 Million Last YearMarch 24, 2017
- The 10 Most Valuable NBA Teams This YearMarch 24, 2017
- The Richest People In The U.S. Right NowMarch 24, 2017
- VIDEO: A Preview of Billionaire’s Giving IssueMarch 24, 2017
- Inside The World’s Most Innovative Cruise ShipMarch 24, 2017
- Seven of the World’s Best Club SandwichesMarch 24, 2017
- David Beckham’s Former Ferrari Spider Goes On SaleMarch 24, 2017
- Trump earned $67M in real estate royalties in ’05March 24, 2017
- Hong Kong billionaires rake it in, despite efforts to cool marketMarch 24, 2017
- Here’s where California real estate players ranked on Forbes’ billionaires listMarch 24, 2017
- 20 Weird Things We’ve Learned About Bill GatesMarch 23, 2017
- Austin’s richest ranks high on new Forbes list of world’s billionairesMarch 23, 2017
- Bay Area tech leaders dominate the top of Forbes’ 31st Annual World’s Billionaires list. – San Francisco Business TimesMarch 23, 2017
- Forbes: Newest member of the billionaires club? Papa JohnMarch 23, 2017
- Youngest billionaires: How did they make their money?March 23, 2017
- The Billionaire Sports Team Owners Almanac 2017March 23, 2017
- It’s The Best Time To Buy These REITs Since 2009March 23, 2017
- Tony Robbins’ 4 rules for investingMarch 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics