Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Italy"
“Wealth by Design”: Kevin Talma Kevin grew up in Barbados in the sixties and seventies when there was unprecedented change happening to the environment which affected him profoundly and he always wondered why development had to destroy the nature he loved. These observations and interest in art and environment led him to the field of landscape architecture. Kevin has been practicing landscape architecture since 1988 apprenticing in California, Hawaii, Italy and Barbados before establishing Talma Mill Studios in 1990. Kevin’s passions include art, the environment, water sports, percussion music, travel and family all of which inform his practice of landscape architecture. Kevin holds a Master of Landscape Architecture.
Quantum certainty for the uncertain: Jacob Biamonte Jacob Biamonte is an american mathematical physicist who’s research centres around the physical theory of information and the fundamental physical limits of information processing, he leads the Quantum Physics Research Division at the ISI Foundation here in Turin (Italy). At his talk “Quantum Certainty For The Uncertain” he smartly uses the Schrodinger’s cat theory to explain how quantum physics interferes in our lives and how we can observe it.
Personal Numbers: Caterina Tiazzoldi Caterina Tiazzoldi is an award winning architect from Turin (Italy), owner of Nuova Ordentra, co-founder and director of the Research lab Non Linear Solutions Unit at the GSAPP at Columbia University. Her talk is named “Personal Numbers” explains the personality of numbers inside design and architecture, the peculiarity of color choices, measures, shapes, in order to provide comfort.
Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man of math – James Earle What’s so special about Leonardo da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man? With arms outstretched, the man fills the irreconcilable spaces of a circle and a square — symbolizing the Renaissance-era belief in the mutable nature of humankind. James Earle explains the geometric, religious and philosophical significance of this deceptively simple drawing.
Economic hardship forces Italians to consume less fuel
Tuscany Jumps Into Race for Russian Billionaires Italy is battling France to become the new playground for Russia’s billionaires as Europe‘s luxury destinations seek buyers of property and companies to weather the debt crisis.
Beretta In 1526 Mastro Bartolomeo Beretta (1490 – 1565/68) of Gardone received 296 ducats as payment for 185 arquebus barrels sold to the Arsenal of Venice. Already in production in the early 1500s, Beretta products were chosen by the highly discriminating Republic of Venice because of their excellence. As the Beretta name became synonymous with uncompromising quality, design, materials, construction and performance, word spread beyond the Italian borders, establishing a tradition that has carried over, uninterrupted, through fifteen generations of Berettas. The trade secrets and attention to detail Jacopo (1520/25 – …) inherited from his father Bartolomeo were passed on to his own son Giovannino (1550 – post 1577), then to his grandson Giovan Antonio (1577 – post 1649) – on and on from one century to the next. In the early 1800s Pietro Antonio Beretta (1791 – 1853), in spite of difficulties arising from constant wars and foreign domination, traveled throughout Italy to demonstrate the superior quality of his products and collect orders. Pietro Antonio’s son Giuseppe (1840 – 1903) continued the arduous effort begun by his father, creating new opportunities for the company through international distribution. In the early 1900s Pietro (1870 – 1957) took the Company reins, introducing modernized manufacturing methods, many patents for mechanisms and simplified construction, consequently establishing Beretta, the first Italian firearms maker, as one of the most modern firearms production facilities in the world. The modernization process was continued by the sons Giuseppe (1906 – 1993) and Carlo (1908 – 1984), securing the Company’s multinational character with commercial and production activity in numerous European countries and the United States. These efforts created successful ventures in the military, law enforcement and private sectors. Related articles Dynastic Family Business – AUGUSTEA S.p.A. (lugenfamilyoffice.com) Dynastic Family Business – AKAFUKU Co., Ltd (lugenfamilyoffice.com)
BAROVIER&TOSO Everything took place on an island, an exotic, wondrous place like every island: Murano. An act from the year 982 talks of a certain Domenico, a fiolario, or Murano glazier: in 1291 the furnaces of Venice were transferred to this island for fear of fire and in order to preserve the alchemies and secrets of glass far from the competition, confining glaziers to a sort of ghetto. Murano: the first “industrial estate” in the world! The oldest representative of the family of whom records exist is Jacobello (1295) and around two centuries later, the great master Angelo would leave an unforgettable mark on the history of the Renaissance. Related articles Family Affair | Barovier & Toso Murano Glass Lamps (montrealdigs.com) Murano through the looking glass – Venice, Italy (travelpod.com)
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- What Is Betsy DeVos’ Net Worth? The Billionaire Is Trump’s Secretary of EducationDecember 2, 2016
- ‘This makes a vast difference’: Canadian producers eye growth plans as OPEC cutsDecember 2, 2016
- U.S. dollar hasn’t been this high in 14 years and it’s clobbering just about everybody elseDecember 2, 2016
- Donald Trump’s cabinet choices want to tax Canadian imports 20 per centDecember 2, 2016
- Why even a crystal ball is no guarantee of making money in the stock marketDecember 2, 2016
- Couple dreams of retiring to tropical paradise, but breaking ties with Canada may not be cheapDecember 2, 2016
- Fed Should Lead Global Rate Rise, Former BOC Governor SaysDecember 2, 2016
- With Trump Threatening Nafta, Canada Opens Its Doors to MexicansDecember 2, 2016
- Here’s how Wall Street is reacting to Starbucks CEO Schultz stepping downDecember 2, 2016
- Here’s why you should care about the Italian referendumDecember 2, 2016
- OPEC has kept oil markets on a roller coaster — and that’s not likely to changeDecember 2, 2016
- The top 10 investment ideas for 2017: UBSDecember 2, 2016
- How Starbucks’ Howard Schultz went from the projects to creating 300,000 jobs and a $3 billion fortuneDecember 2, 2016
- Mexico on Carrier deal: ‘Trump is telling the truth’ about saving US jobsDecember 2, 2016
- ‘Unnatural’ for Trump to disconnect from his businesses, Blackstone’s billionaire CEO saysDecember 2, 2016
- The No. 1 thing successful married couples never do with their moneyDecember 2, 2016
- Trump is forming an economic advisory team with the CEOs of Disney, General Motors, JPMorgan, and moreDecember 2, 2016
- Unemployment rate tumbles to a 9-year lowDecember 2, 2016
- There’s an ‘invisible majority’ in America that has been left behind by financial innovationDecember 2, 2016
- There’s only one tech CEO on Trump’s economic advisory team — and she’s not from Silicon ValleyDecember 2, 2016
- ‘This is not a roster that says ‘the economy is rigged”: Meet the economic leadership team Trump is buildingDecember 2, 2016
- What ‘are so many of them doing?’ 95 million not in US labor forceDecember 2, 2016
- Guess which billionaires get to keep the billions they got off of Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme?December 2, 2016
- Massive oil discovery in Texas will lead to decades of improved energy independence for the U.S. – NaturalNews.comDecember 2, 2016
- It’s actually sad to be rich: SoftBank’s billionaire chief Masayoshi SonDecember 2, 2016
- Where Did The World’s Richest People Go To College?December 2, 2016
- Warren Buffett’s Strategy to Get Income From Any Stock — The Motley FoolDecember 2, 2016
- After Losing China to Alibaba, Amazon Taking No Prisoners in IndiaDecember 2, 2016
- Amazon’s Growing Power In The U.S. EconomyDecember 2, 2016
- Billionaire Bashing: Media suggest Trump’s wealthy picks will screw the rest of usDecember 2, 2016
- Mexican billionaire Slim says Trump could be good for MexicoDecember 2, 2016
- Toyota deal adds city tech executive to billionaires list – Nairobi NewsDecember 2, 2016
- A Few Billionaires Are Turning Medical Philanthropy On Its HeadDecember 2, 2016
- Micek: The populist and his crew of billionairesDecember 2, 2016
- How I Used Real Estate to Completely Fund My Kid’s College EducationDecember 2, 2016
- Accel Partners raises $450 million India fundDecember 2, 2016
- Richard Branson: ‘Thousands’ will go to space soonDecember 2, 2016
- Israel’s Gett gets $100 million loan from Russian SberbankDecember 2, 2016
- MENA millionaire numbers set to grow to 460,000 by 2021December 2, 2016
- Crown Prince Becomes First New Thai King in Seven DecadesDecember 2, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics