Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "India"
India will make a choice, but it will not be India’s alone.
Global demand for gold dropped 12% during the second-quarter compared to a year earlier as buyers from China and India retreated.
Abha Dawesar: Life in the “digital now” One year ago, Abha Dawesar was living in blacked-out Manhattan post-Sandy, scrounging for power to connect. As a novelist, she was struck by this metaphor: Have our lives now become fixated on the drive to digitally connect, while we miss out on what’s real? Abha Dawesar writes to make sense of the world — herself included WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Abha Dawesar began her writing career as an attempt to understand herself — at age 7. It’s a goal that remains at the center of her work: Sensorium, her most recent novel,explores the nature of time, self, and uncertainty, using Hindu mythology and modern science as prisms. “At a very basic level, writing was always my way of apprehending the world,” she has said. Dawesar moved from India to the United States to study at Harvard, and Delhi appears at the center of her novels Family Values and Babyji. But the oversimplified genres of immigrant fiction or ethnic fiction do not appeal to her. “Those looking for a constant South Asian theme or Diaspora theme or immigrant theme will just be disappointed in the long run from my work,” she has said. “The only label I can put up with is that of a writer. And my ideas come from everywhere.”
Lessons In Leadership – Episode 2 – Family Businesses When it comes to family-run businesses, there’s a common saying that the first generation creates a business, the second builds it and the third squanders it away. Is there any truth to that? Bloomberg TV India’s Mini Menon discusses how best family run businesses survive generations as she speaks to Professor John Davis, Senior Lecturer of Business Administration, Harvard Business School on Lessons In Leadership.
The Future of Recycling: Rajan Ahluwalia Rajan Ahluwalia has been in the recycling business since 1989. He is from Mumbai (Bombay) India. His father served in Indian Railways, and his mother was a stay-at-home mother. He holds a B.Sc. degree from Bombay University in India. From his school days he has associated himself with recycling, where he would be frequently seen recycling his own (and willing classmates’) textbooks. Even the writing books, he would remove the un-used pages and take it to the local Binder, who would make a brand new note book for the next year. This was the basis of recycling for him. It was when he attended university that he learned more of nature; and nature’s natural way of recycling. This study greatly increased his passion for recycling. He was always heard saying “follow or be in tune with Nature, and Nature would take care of itself.” Rajan came to Canada in 2007 to set up the first closed loop recycling plant for paper. His unique method and process is the first of its kind and has drawn much attention locally and worldwide. Although most paper can only be recycled 6 or maybe 7 times, Rajan has developed a process that can recycle paper many more times than that. His method is totally locally based: local waste, local jobs, and sells the products locally. Additionally, Greys recycling method uses no toxic chemicals, creates no harmful byproducts and is stronger than regular paper. His goal was that everyone could be partners in his business venture, and his novel way of controlling global warming. He is also reaching out to local Hotels and Hospitals and recycling old cotton and converting them into beautiful cotton paper. Rajan does not limit himself to just the paper. He is also pursuing recycling waste glass and making interlocking bricks for pavements. Coated in Titanium Oxide, these blocks will have unique air cleaning properties. The City of Edmonton is now working with GREYS providing the land necessary for this new venture. GREYS plant is located in the Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence, in a unique 68,000 square foot monolithic dome. The City of Edmonton is fully supporting his project by way of supplying raw material and leasing 7 acres of land to him. GREYS currently employ approximately 60 people in the first of its kind plant in Canada and the world. Rajan is very optimistic about his venture in Canada. He says the people of Canada are really caring for the Nature and the response to his idea is tremendous. He is looking for like minded people to work with him. His International ventures are keeping him occupied today, as he is working on developing his concept in the USA and China to name a few.
How to Become a Culture-Changer: Evan Grae Davis Husband, father, adventurer, activist; Evan Grae Davis has traveled the world with camera in hand for nearly two decades advocating for social justice through writing and directing short documentaries and educational videos championing the cause of the poor and exploited. Evan recently released his first feature length documentary film asking why nearly 200 million women are missing in the world today– killed, aborted and abandoned simply because they are girls. It’s a Girl is currently screening in hundreds of locations around the world, including colleges and universities, film festivals, at the European and British Parliaments and, recently, on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. With nearly half a million people joining the cause to end gendercide so far as a result of his film, Evan is on a mission to mobilize a movement to restore dignity and value to the girls of India and China.
Developing Leaders with 21st Century Skills: Dennis Riksen Dennis Riksen made a career change from sales to teaching. He learns from the children every day. “Children teach me how M&M’s are far better than money, you can eat them! And McDonald’s is a four star restaurant!” Dennis tells of the “The Leader in Me” program that emphasises a culture of student empowerment, helps unleash each child’s full potential and gives them what they need most in there fast changing, busy and hectic life. It gives them an edge………….
Transcendental Leadership: GK Jayaram Dr.G.K. Jayaram is the founder–Director of the Institute of Leadership & Institutional Development at Bangalore. He is the Chief Mentor, Jawaharlal Nehru Leadership Institute, New Delhi and was the first Chairman of Infosys Technologies.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- M&A activity may actually go down under Trump, Suntrust CEO Bill Rogers saysDecember 6, 2016
- US productivity growth rebounds sharply to best level in two yearsDecember 6, 2016
- The S&P has reached a ‘buying climax,’ strategist Jeff Saut saysDecember 6, 2016
- Bill Gross: Trump good for stocks now, but bad for ‘long-term debt crisis’December 6, 2016
- Why You Should Plan To Sell Your Business NowDecember 5, 2016
- Succession planning is the biggest challenge for Middle East family businesses, says PwCDecember 5, 2016
- Planning Opportunity: The Estate Planning Trifecta (Low Interest Rates, Depressed Prices & Valuation Discounts)December 5, 2016
- L.O.V.E. Planning™: Seven Qualities of a 100 Year Old Family EnterpriseDecember 5, 2016
- Planning Opportunity: Recapturing Your Ability to Make Annual Gifts Through Private Split DollarDecember 5, 2016
- Ex-billionaire Dankner gets 2 years for share price riggingDecember 5, 2016
- Chinese billionaires set to reach 110,000 by 2020December 5, 2016
- Bayo Ogunlesi, Nigerian on Trumps Economic Advisory TeamDecember 5, 2016
- Billionaire Scion Todd Ricketts Tapped As Trump’s Deputy Commerce SecretaryDecember 5, 2016
- Here’s How Many Homes the Average Billionaire Now OwnsDecember 5, 2016
- The Future of Luxury Products Isn’t “Products.” It’s Experiences. | The Huffington PostDecember 5, 2016
- Iran’s Supreme Court confirms death sentence of billionaire businessman Babak ZanjaniDecember 5, 2016
- UPDATE 1-Egyptian billionaire Sawiris in surprise exit as Orascom CEODecember 5, 2016
- Children of Chinese billionaires may inherit wealth in next decadeDecember 4, 2016
- When does passion lead to purpose? – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Leading through disruption – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Staying ahead of the curve – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Maintaining a culture of innovation – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Building blocks to thrive – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Why Big Data and analytics should be part of all private equity deals – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Wayne Dyer’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- J.K. Rowling’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@jk_rowling) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michelle Obama’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@FLOTUS) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Meryl Streep’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Natalie Portman’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Taylor Swift’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@taylorswift13) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Ellen DeGeneres’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@TheEllenShow) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Simon Cowell’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@SimonCowell) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Dream BIG – Robert F. Smith – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Peyton Manning’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Lewis Hamilton’s Top 10 Rules For Success (@LewisHamilton) – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Everything is a SEASON – Myles Munroe – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Robert F. Smith’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Myles Munroe’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- Michael Jordan MOTIVATION #MentorMeMichael – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
- PUSH Through – Bradley Cooper – #Entspresso – YouTubeDecember 4, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics