Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Human resources"
/ Be an Effective Leader, CEO, Company Culture, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business Dynamics, Hiring and Retaining Staff, Human Resources, Management, Quotes, Starting a Business, Warren Buffett
How We May Discover Self: Doyin Olaniyan Doyin muses on various facets of life and living. She writes for odoyin.blogspot.com and shares at various literary events. Both her academic and literary works have been previously published. She is currently an MA Human Resources and Consulting student, Postgraduate Ambassador and Course Representative.
The Ten Habits Of Leadership Development Ossie Mills talks to us about habits that promotes leadership development.
Building a Better Workplace – National Thought Leader Series Part 1 of 6 61% of the Canadian workforce says they “don’t trust what their leaders say” While this is the first time this ‘fact’ has been quantified for the Canadian workforce, distrust of leaders is nothing new. What is surprising is the negative impact it continues to have on employee engagement in spite of the significant financial investment and the efforts by organizations to improve this perception in recent years. And worse still, destroying employee engagement also erodes organizations’ bottom line. Our National Thought Leader Series was held across Canada between October 18, 2012-November 29, 2012. In these sessions, attendees were introduced to a new, unique Canadian research study (Build a Better Workplace) that identifies and quantifies the direct connection between effective leadership communication and its impact on employee engagement. Part 2 of 6 Part 3 of 6 Part 4 of 6 Part 5 of 6 Part 6 of 6
Leadership a “Human Skill” Thiry had to develop vibrant culture in order to survive. The community came first, and success followed.
Manulife PensionBuilder guarantees income for the rest of your life. Canadians today can look forward to a longer, healthier and happier retirement than any time in previous history. With a longer retirement comes the need to insure your income will last as long as you do. In the past Canadians generally benefited from employer pension plans that supported their income for life. Today, Canadians have to plan for their own retirement income needs as fewer employer pension plans guarantee income for life. This is where PensionBuilder comes in. Converting all or a portion of your self-directed retirement plan, including RRSPs, TFSAs, Defined Contribution Pension Plans and personal savings, into Manulife’s PensionBuilder will give you the security of guaranteed pension income for life.
Events of the past few years have brought sweeping changes to business and new challenges for the Human Resources (HR) leaders who support them. Two broad themes — innovation and global markets — have taken a front-row seat in human capital organizations around the world. In this episode of Insights, moderator Sean O’Grady, Barbara Adachi, the national managing director of human capital in Deloitte Consulting LLP, and Jason Geller, Global and U.S. HR Transformation Leader and principal in Deloitte Consulting LLP, discuss the trends that are transforming how human capital leaders and professionals create value for the organizations they serve, their people, and their communities — both inside HR and across the broader business along with the results of the survey, Human Capital Trends 2011. Related articles Give your human capital a boost! (llshih.wordpress.com) Deloitte’s Surveying the talent paradox from an employee perspective (serve4impact.com) People power key to Russian growth (rt.com)
Every small business leader has been exposed to a variety of “theories” about how to make a business successful. Although many of these theories are prone to be invalid, some proponents continue to base key business decisions on them. The following are the most pervasive, but invalid, “myths” about small business growth and what enlightened small business executives have done to overcome them. Myth 1: Our customers’ only concern is getting their own needs met. Fact: Successful companies are passionate about openly sharing needs, wants and expectations with their external and internal (employee) customer. Research confirms that Customer and Employee Satisfaction are highly correlated. Rapid growth is the result of highly satisfying company, customer and employee partnerships i.e., joining forces and responding to the following questions: What will it take to satisfy mutual needs? What are our mutual problems/challenges? Who and what mutual resources are required? How do we become mutually “proactive” to adapt to changing market conditions? The Myth 1 Bottom Line: Our experience indicates that businesses are more effective when they treat customers and employees as partners. Myth 2: All companies should be solely profit driven. Fact: Recent research throughout all industries suggests that highly profitable companies are value driven, not solely profit driven. Studies of customer satisfaction confirm that customers seek the best value, not necessarily the lowest price. Cost containment that lowers customer service and satisfaction is shortsighted and inevitably a profit drain. The most successful companies live by a consistent set of values, ethics, and business practices. These are critical cornerstones in the foundation for business growth. The Myth 2 Bottom Line: Profitability is only one dimension of a business growth strategy. Applied corporate values are equally important. Core standards of behavior and business practices need to be defined, communicated and rewarded. For example, the most successful high growth companies make following a “Customers Bill of Rights” and “Employee Code of Customer Conduct” a key part of each employee’s performance evaluation. Myth 3: Charismatic leaders with creative new ideas drive the most successful companies. Fact: Our experience clearly supports that the most successful companies are driven effective operating systems and procedures as well as by leadership. Some entrepreneurs shy away from systems and procedures for fear of being too “bureaucratic.” Consistent and focused change planning, however, allows the business to grow and flourish without being dependent on charismatic behavior. The most effective companies integrate creativity and systematic controls. Self Test for Small Business Success 1. Would your key customers and employees consider you a business partner? __ Yes __ No 2. Do you use cost containment mainly to increase short-term profit? __ Yes __ No 3. Has your company defined and communicated to all employees its expected values, ethics, and business practices? __ Yes __ No 4. Does your business depend on charismatic leadership behaviors to insure work gets done? __ Yes __ No 5. Are your supervisors aware of and responsive to the unique needs and expectations of their subordinates? __ Yes __ No […]
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The maker of Ray Ban is merging with a rival in a €50 billion dealJanuary 16, 2017
- South Korea wants to arrest Samsung’s vice chairman on bribery and embezzlement chargesJanuary 16, 2017
- Merkel hits back at Trump: Europe’s fate is ‘in our own hands’January 16, 2017
- Cutting Cash Would Be a Boon for the World’s Poor, Rogoff SaysJanuary 16, 2017
- Singapore’s MAS Warns of ‘Disastrous’ Effect of Trade ConflictsJanuary 16, 2017
- Just how badly could Trump’s threatened 45% tariff hurt China?January 16, 2017
- The world’s eight richest people have same amount of money as half the world’s poor: OxfamJanuary 16, 2017
- Nicole Kidman Get’s Blackballed By Hollywood After Calling For Americans To Stand With Trump January 16, 2017
- Why The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stock Is a Must-Own for Income InvestorsJanuary 16, 2017
- Oxfam’s attack on ‘beyond grotesque’ inequality fails to highlight the charitable work of the world’s richest peopleJanuary 16, 2017
- Russian billionaire hires Elton John and Mariah Carey for weddingJanuary 16, 2017
- Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife sues her former personal assistant for £19 millionJanuary 16, 2017
- Germany media giant acquires Hong Kong’s luxury news portal LifestyleAsiaJanuary 16, 2017
- Peter Thiel may be mulling a run for California governor: ReportJanuary 16, 2017
- Who are the 8 richest people? All men, mostly AmericansJanuary 16, 2017
- India’s rising income inequality: Richest 1% own 58% of total wealth – Times of IndiaJanuary 15, 2017
- The richest eight tycoons on the planet are worth as much as the poorest 3.6 billion people, Oxfam claimsJanuary 15, 2017
- The world’s largest asset manager wants to rein in the salaries of top execsJanuary 15, 2017
- 15 things successful people do over 3-day weekendsJanuary 15, 2017
- Britain could become a corporate tax havenJanuary 15, 2017
- This tiny pattern makes it impossible to scan or photocopy moneyJanuary 15, 2017
- China’s currency manipulation could become a global problem in 2017January 15, 2017
- 17 of President Obama’s most inspirational quotesJanuary 15, 2017
- We could be heading for ‘a stock pickers’ paradise’ | 01/14/17 | Markets InsiderJanuary 15, 2017
- Everyone is asking the wrong question about EuropeJanuary 15, 2017
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire To Send Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram To CollegeJanuary 15, 2017
- Ciara Drops Her $15 Million Lawsuit Against FutureJanuary 15, 2017
- How Much Money Will Barack Obama Get From The Presidential Pension?January 15, 2017
- Scarlett Johansson Is The Highest Grossing Actor Of The YearJanuary 15, 2017
- Don’t buy the spin: Trump’s tycoons really will avoid taxesJanuary 14, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth jumps $5 billion to start 2017 — faster than any other billionaireJanuary 14, 2017
- 10 self-made American billionairesJanuary 14, 2017
- The Countries With The Best And Worst Gender Pay Gap Expectations — And How The U.S. Stacks UpJanuary 14, 2017
- African Billionaire Fortunes Decline On New FORBES List Of The Continent’s RichestJanuary 14, 2017
- Five Ways To Defy Debt CollectorsJanuary 14, 2017
- Russian Billionaires, Including Some Tied To Putin, Have Gained $29 Billion Since Trump’s ElectionJanuary 14, 2017
- Netflix climbs to an all-time high ahead of earningsJanuary 13, 2017
- Family businesses lack succession plansJanuary 13, 2017
- Here’s a first look at Mercedes’ new 1,000 horsepower hybrid supercarJanuary 13, 2017
- Read the letter George W. Bush’s daughters wrote to Obama’s daughtersJanuary 13, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics