Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Hollywood"
In the classic New Yorker cartoon of a few years ago, a billionaire sat behind his desk, boasting, “I own one plane, two yachts, three houses and four politicians.” Today’s version would add, “and …
Business Ideas: 3 Business Lessons From Howard Hughes by Evan Carmichael Today we’re going to look at how a young man, orphaned as a teenager, turned his love of aviation and created a multi-billion dollar fortune. This is the story of Howard Hughes and the top 3 lessons that you can learn from his success. “I intend to be the greatest golfer in the world, the finest film producer in Hollywood, the greatest pilot in the world, and the richest man in the world.” – Howard Hughes Howard Robard Hughes, Jr. (December 24, 1905 — April 5, 1976) was an American industrialist, aviator, engineer, film producer, director, philanthropist, and was one of the wealthiest people in the world. When Hughes was a teenager he lost both his parents and was left with a family inheritance from money his father made by selling his inventions. Ever ambitious he was quoted as saying “I intend to be the greatest golfer in the world, the finest film producer in Hollywood, the greatest pilot in the world, and the richest man in the world.” Hughes aggressively pursued business interests in Hollywood films, airlines, and hotels and casinos to expand his empire. He managed to turn his $1 million inheritance into a $2 billion fortune. Equivalent to $6.6 billion in today’s dollars, Howard Hughes was and still would be considered one of the richest men in the world. Action Item #1: Surround Yourself With the Best After inheriting his father’s company as a teenager, Hughes recognized that he didn’t have the knowhow to run the business and looked for someone who could. He hired 36 year-old Noah Dietrich to be his accountant and right-hand man on a $10,000 a year salary. For the next three decades, Dietrich eventually became director, vice-president and CEO of various branches of Hughes’ empire. According to Robert Maheu, a chief advisor to Hughes: “Dietrich was delivering Howard profits of $50 to $55 million a year. Big bucks in those days.” Action Item #2: Don’t Give Up On Your Goals The Hughes H-4 Hercules was the world’s largest flying boat, the largest aircraft made from wood and had the biggest wingspan of any aircraft ever built. It was contracted by the U.S. government to transport troops across the Atlantic to avoid German U-boats in the Second World War. Nicknamed the “Spruce Goose” it was three times the size of the largest plane ever previously built. Nobody thought Hughes would ever get it off the ground but he kept pushing towards his goal despite the naysayers. According to Hughes: “This thing was a black sheep. Nobody wanted to fool around with it or become contaminated by it. We were working in a complete vacuum as to information based upon prior performance and prior design… I defy anyone today to design an airplane substantially more efficient than this one for its purpose.” Action Item #3: Be Hands On With some […]
The key to transforming yourself — Robert Greene Why do we fixate on the things we can see immediately when we crave change? In this passionate talk Robert Greene shares the key to transforming ourselves and also talks about his own personal transformation and his path to becoming a bestselling author. About Robert Greene Robert Greene is the internationally best-selling author of The 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction, The 33 Strategies of War and The 50th Law (with rapper 50 Cent). His books have been translated into 17 languages. He has worked in New York as an editor and writer at several magazines; and in Hollywood as a story developer and writer. He has lived in Brixton, Paris, and Barcelona; speaks several languages and worked as a translator. He tweets as @RobertGreene
How to manually change a memory: Steve Ramirez and Xu Liu Steve Ramirez and Xu Liu shoot laser beams into the brains of living mice to activate and manipulate their memories. In a funny and — perhaps — unnerving talk from TEDxBoston, they explain the fundamental principles behind their experiments and broach the big questions that future advancements in this line of research may force us to answer. When we close our eyes and think back to our childhood, to our first kiss, or to this morning’s breakfast, our brains perform the remarkable task of mental time travel and thereby enrich our lives with memories. How does neural machinery give rise to something as seemingly ephemeral as memory? Recently, Hollywood inspired our imaginations by proposing that memories could be artificially triggered (think Total Recall), erased (think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), or even implanted (think Inception). Now, neuroscience has plucked these ideas from the tree of science fiction and grounded them in experimental reality. The catch: our subjects are the movie stars of the laboratory setting–rodents. This talk will introduce how revolutionary techniques from our lab have made it possible to isolate and manipulate specific memories at the level of single brain cells with just flickers of light, as well as the societal ramifications of doing so.
This Is Your Life – Johnny Cash (1 of 2) June Carter Cash and Billy Graham join Ralph Edwards to celebrate Johnny Cash’s life. Ralph Edwards hosts. This Is Your Life – Johnny Cash (1971) (2 of 2)
Gloria Swanson – This Is Your Life Ralph Edwards welcomes Gloria Swanson to “This Is Your Life”, with guest appearances by Mack Sennett, Francis X. Bushman and Rod LaRocque. Note: this is NOT the complete show (at least seven minutes of the ending are missing). However, until, and if, “This Is Your Life: Volume Two” is ever released on DVD, and if they include this show, and the Frances Farmer “tribute”, I can’t find these shows anywhere else.
This Is Your Life Laurel & Hardy A rare candid look at the two giants of movie comedy on the 1954 “reality” type television program, “This Is Your Life” with Ralph Edwards.
Intentional Serendipity: Corey Ford Corey Ford on “Intentional Serendipity.” Corey Ford is the CEO of Matter Ventures, a $2.5 million incubator and start-up accelerator launched by Public Radio Exchange (PRX) and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation to spur innovation in public media. He most recently built Runway, a pre-team, pre-idea incubator for entrepreneurs at Innovation Endeavors, Google chairman Eric Schmidt‘s venture capital fund. Prior to that, he taught design thinking innovation at the Institute of Design at Stanford University. Corey began his career in public broadcasting managing the production of 17 films for the PBS/WGBH series FRONTLINE, earning an Emmy and a duPont-Columbia Gold Baton Award. He earned an MBA at Stanford and was a Morehead Scholar at UNC-Chapel Hill where he majored in Journalism and International Studies.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Elvis Had A Fascinating Habit Involving CadillacsApril 28, 2017
- Top financial adviser: Just working hard will not make you wealthyApril 28, 2017
- Money is pouring into the world’s hottest investment product at nearly a record-setting paceApril 28, 2017
- A supermodel-backed music festival where tickets cost up to $12,000 turned into a nightmare — here’s what happenedApril 28, 2017
- BOOM! American business just figured out how to play the Trump trade shakedown gameApril 28, 2017
- The biggest driver of the American economy just slammed into a wallApril 28, 2017
- Tom Hanks thinks billionaires should pay for their own NFL stadiumsApril 28, 2017
- Nepal’s Richest Man Is Hosting An Extravagant Wedding For His Son In Udaipur; The Billionaire Is Owner Of Wai Wai Noodle BrandApril 28, 2017
- Ranking billionaires: China adds girth to the world’s richestApril 28, 2017
- What sets self-made billionaires apart – The Globe and MailApril 28, 2017
- Jeff Bezos’ wealth crosses $80 billion markApril 28, 2017
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics