Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Grief Loss and Bereavement"
How to Cope with the Death of a Parent Counselling Psychologist, Michelle Bassam, offers advice on dealing coping grief surrounding the loss of one or both parents. She discusses emotional coping strategies, how to find grief and bereavement resources, and deal with anniversaries.
Siblings Grieve Too Published on May 17, 2012 Losing a sibling is one of the worst things that can ever happen; it turns your world upside down. Your sibling is part of your past, and you expect this relationship to continue throughout adulthood. In this webinar, the presenters provide tips on how to help siblings cope after a loss. They discussed what helped them, after the death of their 17-year-old brother and son, and what has helped the thousands of bereaved siblings they have worked with. This webinar also addresses the unique aspects and challenges of sibling death. Siblings are given the message that they must be “strong for their parents.” Since society tends to focus on parents’ grief, bereaved siblings often feel overlooked and unacknowledged.
Leslie Delp, MA of Olivia’s House on children and grief Published on May 16, 2012 Leslie Delp, MA, is the Founder & Bereavement Specialist at Olivia’s House in York, PA, a grief and loss center for children and families. Leslie says that “when you leave blanks for children, they make stuff up- and it’s not always good.” That’s why Olivia’s House is there to support parents in being honest with their children. She adds, “Our job at Olivia’s House is to provide support for parents- and to encourage them to provide their kids with opportunities for questions.” Here is Leslie’s presentation at “I’m Here With You: Understanding Children & Grief,” a special community forum addressing myths, fears, and questions related to children’s grief.
The Solace Tree’s Emilio Parga, MA on children and grief Published on May 16, 2012 Emilio Parga, MA, is the Founder & Executive Director of the Solace Tree in Reno, NV, a grief and loss center for children, teens and families. He says that “though a life has ended, it won’t really end depending how person is celebrated and remembered.” An important part of what they do at The Solace Tree is “helping kids create memories so there isn’t unresolved grief.” Here is Emilio Parga’s presentation at “I’m Here With You: Understanding Children & Grief,” a special community forum addressing myths, fears, and questions related to children’s grief.
Tools for Grieving Children with Lynea Gillen, MS Published on Jan 7, 2013 Children carry grief in their bodies, hearts and minds in the same way that adults do, but they process it in different ways depending on their age level. In this powerful lecture, Lynea Gillen discussing how to create an environment for children that allows them to express their grief through movement, art and story. Yoga Calm activities and children’s books that help with loss, including Lynea’s new book, will also be explored.
Children’s Grieving Uploaded on Apr 11, 2010 A death in the family becomes all the more difficult when there are children in the family. Katie Couric gives a helping hand to kids and parents grappling with death.
Grief and Bereavement – Research on Aging Uploaded on Dec 20, 2007 Grief is complex, layered and often confusing. To help us to better understand grief, leading expert Sidney Zisook, M.D., Department of Psychiatry at UCSD, walks us through the painful but ultimately healing process that follows loss. Included is a discussion about persistent acute grief and major depression. Series: “SIRA (Sam and Rose Stein Institute for Research on Aging)”
Dr. Golding On Grief and Grieving Published on Sep 19, 2012 Dr. James R. Golding of Somerset Chiropractic & Acupuncture discusses grief and the process of grieving. With special guest, Susan Arlen, M.D. he explores emotional numbness and the sense of loss in one’s life. Special guest is Dr. Susan Arlen.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The ‘blackmail’ allegations in the £132 million Candy brothers lawsuit could not be weirderMarch 1, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s reason for investing in Apple should be music to Tim Cook’s earsMarch 1, 2017
- Trump’s win is making Oprah reconsider whether she could be presidentMarch 1, 2017
- It costs about $200,000 an hour to operate Air Force One — here’s why it’s so expensiveMarch 1, 2017
- Trump says 94 million Americans are out of the labor force — that’s true if you include teens and grandmaMarch 1, 2017
- Trump goes presidential in first major address to Congress: ‘The time for small thinking is over’March 1, 2017
- $120M in counterfeit designer cosmetics seized in China – NaturalNews.comMarch 1, 2017
- Why the Ultra-Wealthy Will Flock to London Even as Brexit BitesMarch 1, 2017
- Cuban cigar sales rise, defying flat luxury goods marketMarch 1, 2017
- Vietnam bank tycoon, former executives face trial over $66 mln losses – VnExpress InternationalMarch 1, 2017
- Billionaire Philip Green Agrees To Pay $450 Million To BHS Pension FundMarch 1, 2017
- The Aquila Villa is Thailand’s New Dream GetawayMarch 1, 2017
- For Sale: the World’s First Flying CarMarch 1, 2017
- The Macallan Releases a New Scotch Destined to Be Collected and CovetedMarch 1, 2017
- The World’s Most Expensive Taco Is a $25,000 DelightMarch 1, 2017
- Oceanco Reveals 120-Meter Superyacht AmaraMarch 1, 2017
- The American Dream has moved to Canada – Macleans.caMarch 1, 2017
- 7 Failures That Helped Richard Branson Become a MultibillionaireFebruary 28, 2017
- A Delivery Man Just Became One of the Richest People in ChinaFebruary 28, 2017
- Number of super-rich set to rise by 43pc in the next decadeFebruary 28, 2017
- As A Place To Invest, Canada’s Been Kicking Butt For 117 YearsFebruary 28, 2017
- Canadian Inflation Jumps As Carbon Taxes Come Into ForceFebruary 28, 2017
- World’s Rich Are In A Great Migration And Canada A Top DestinationFebruary 28, 2017
- Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross confirmed as Trump’s secretary of commerceFebruary 28, 2017
- UK’s ultra-rich set to grow by a third in 10 years – BBC NewsFebruary 28, 2017
- Anthony Bourdain’s 1 Rule for Workplace HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Psychology Says This Is the Top Contributor to Happiness (It’s Not What You Think)February 28, 2017
- 9 Traps You Fall Into That Limit Your HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- The World Happiness Summit: Making Happiness a ChoiceFebruary 28, 2017
- How to Redesign Your Life for Success and HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Retirement Spending Strategies to Maximize HappinessFebruary 28, 2017
- Tiffany Trump ‘soon to be within’ the Trump family business, Donald Trump Jr. saysFebruary 28, 2017
- 5 Oscar-Worthy Dress Watches for Your Next Black-Tie GalaFebruary 28, 2017
- The Robb Report Man’s Guide to SpasFebruary 28, 2017
- Three of Milan’s Most Essential Men’s Bespoke TailorsFebruary 28, 2017
- Rock Stars Sammy Hagar and Adam Levine Launch the First Tequila and Mezcal BlendFebruary 28, 2017
- This 1934 Alfa Romeo Racer Placed First in Price at the RM Sotheby’s Paris SaleFebruary 28, 2017
- 10 Speakers that Cost More than a FerrariFebruary 28, 2017
- Phil Mickelson Has Made An Absolutely Ridiculous Amount Of Money During His Golf CareerFebruary 28, 2017
- Andrey Melnichenko’s Giant $400M Yacht Impounded By Gibraltar Port AuthorityFebruary 28, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics