Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Future"
How to change your future: Jeremy Hunter Jeremy Hunter describes how we can change the future by focusing on attention and Mindfulness. Jeremy Hunter, Ph.D. is the great-grandson of a sumo wrestler as well as an Assistant Professor of Practice at the Peter F. Drucker School of Management.
Keith Chen: Could your language affect your ability to save money? What can economists learn from linguists? Behavioral economist Keith Chen introduces a fascinating pattern from his research: that languages without a concept for the future — “It rain tomorrow,” instead of “It will rain tomorrow” — correlate strongly with high savings rates. Keith Chen’s new research suggests that the language you speak may impact the way you think about your future. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Does the future look like a different world to you, or more like an extension of the present? In an intriguing piece of research, Keith Chen suggests that your attitude about the future has a strong relationship to the language you speak. In a nutshell, some languages refer to the future using verb helpers like “will” and “shall,” while others don’t have specific verbs to refer to future actions. Chen correlated these two different language types with remarkably different rates of saving for the future (guess who saves more?). He calls this connection the “futurity” of languages. The paper is in the process of being published by the American Economic Review, and it’s already generated discussion. Chen says: “While the data I analyze don’t allow me to completely understand what role language plays in these relationships, they suggest that there is something really remarkable to be explained about the interaction of language and economic decision-making. These correlations are so strong and survive such an aggressive set of controls, that the chances they arise by random lies somewhere between one in 10,000 and one in 10^32.” Chen excels in asking unusual questions to yield original results. Another recent work (with Yale colleague and TEDGlobal 2009 speaker Laurie Santos) examined how monkeys view economic risk–with surprisingly humanlike irrationality. While a current working paper asks a surprising, if rhetorical, question: Does it make economic sense for a woman to become a physician?
Never let your past experiences harm your future
The Five W’s of Life
Forgiveness does not change the past but it does enlarge the future – Paul Boesse
Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Universal Basic Income Will Help Us Level the Economic Playing FieldMarch 26, 2017
- Which countries are achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals fastest?March 26, 2017
- Age discrimination is still a real problem, and it’s worst for womenMarch 26, 2017
- These entrepreneurs have endorsed universal basic incomeMarch 26, 2017
- This is the damage you can cause if you know too muchMarch 26, 2017
- What science fiction tells us about the citizens of the futureMarch 26, 2017
- These are the places where people are most optimistic for their children’s futureMarch 26, 2017
- These billionaire philanthropists are using satellites to help end global problemsMarch 26, 2017
- China’s approach to eradicating povertyMarch 26, 2017
- The world’s energy is getting cleaner and cheaper — but not quickly enoughMarch 26, 2017
- More than 2 million people die at work each year. Here’s how to prevent itMarch 26, 2017
- The key to responsible and responsive leadership – the humanitiesMarch 26, 2017
- Walt Disney Kept A Tragic Secret – And You Can See It In His FilmsMarch 26, 2017
- Klaus Schwab: We need a new narrative for globalizationMarch 26, 2017
- 3 things countries need to do today for an energy-secure futureMarch 26, 2017
- 4 ways to close the inequality gap in the Fourth Industrial RevolutionMarch 26, 2017
- Denmark has the best work-life balance. Here’s whyMarch 26, 2017
- The Allure of Shiny Gold JewelryMarch 26, 2017
- A Psychiatrist Who Survived The Holocaust Explains Why Meaningfulness Matters More Than HappinessMarch 25, 2017
- The Role of Gender in Entrepreneurship Today (Infographic)March 25, 2017
- 8 Social Media Secrets Every Entrepreneur Should KnowMarch 25, 2017
- 10 Fundamental Truths That Will Change Your LifeMarch 25, 2017
- How Small Business Owners Can Avoid Sears’s Fatal MistakeMarch 25, 2017
- 7 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Do Before 7 a.m.March 25, 2017
- How She Built a $50 Million Postcard EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- Dubai just opened the world’s largest indoor theme park (It cost $1 billion)March 25, 2017
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
- Faced With World’s Highest Car Prices, Singapore’s Rich Swap Supercars For Luxury Motor YachtsMarch 25, 2017
- How This Millennial CEO Of 3 Companies Handles Work Life BalanceMarch 25, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics