Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Ford Motor Company"
Business Ideas – 3 Business Lessons From Henry Ford Today we’re going to look at how an entrepreneur who was told he wouldn’t last six months in business refused to give up and went on to become one of the wealthiest men in the world. This is the story of Henry Ford and the top 3 lessons that you can learn from his success. “You can do anything if you have enthusiasm.” – Henry Ford Henry Ford (July 30, 1863 — April 7, 1947) was an American business icon and founder of the Ford Motor Company. He was the son of Irish immigrants and from an early age showed an interest in engineering. He set out to learn as much as he could and took various apprenticeships and jobs with manufacturing companies. When he was 36 years old he invented the Quadricycle in his spare time. It was two bicycles attached together, powered by a gasoline engine. It was a very primitive car. After refining the vehicle he went to see William H. Murphy, a lumber tycoon and investor in Detroit, who took it for a test drive. Murphy agreed with Ford that gasoline-powered vehicles would be fuelling the future and the two instantly formed a partnership. Henry Ford was in business. Ford not only revolutionized the manufacturing industry with assembly line mass production, he also became one of the richest and most well-known people in the world. According to Forbes, his net worth in today’s dollars would be $188.1 billion, over three times richer than Bill Gates. Action Item #1: Don’t Quit Action Item #2: Focus on Quality Action Item #3: Build a Team True Story When Henry Ford implemented his assembly line idea he found that his workers were quickly getting burnt out doing the same thing over and over again. To attract the best people, Ford recommended to his stockholders that they pay the workers $5 per day, twice the daily average wage. His stockholders said no so Ford bought them out, implemented his $5 a day salary and quickly had people lining up to work for him. More Quotes “Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service.” “A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one.” “Most people get ahead during the time that others waste.”
Confessions of a Futurist: Sheryl Connelly Sheryl Connelly is manager of global trends and futuring for Ford Motor Company, tracking shifts and trends in topics as far reaching as the environment, politics and millennials and analyzing those shifts to predict consumer preferences. Her insights inform the company’s automotive design, product development and corporate strategy and help anticipate the needs and desires of car buyers. Sheryl, a licensed attorney with an M.B.A. and a bachelor’s degree in finance, also teaches design research at the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. She has guest lectured at Massachusetts Institute for Technology, University of Michigan, and Wharton School of Business. She has also been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Financial Times and on the BBC.
Achievement Quotes “There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.” Henry Ford Founder Of Ford Motor Company (1863-1947) “You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars. With it, there is accomplishment. Without it there are only alibis.” Henry Ford Founder Of Ford Motor Company (1863-1947) “The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions.” Willam F. Scolavino “If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time – a tremendous whack.” Sir Winston Churchill British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author, Nobel Prize Winner (1874-1965) “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” Napoleon Hill Motivational Author (1883-1970)
Ford CEO on Lincoln rebirth Alan Mullaly says that Lincoln MKZ is only the beginning of the rebirth of the 90 year old car brand.
Rothschild Family Fortune More Than $1 Trillion The author of America: Land of the Free? provides an estimation of the Rothschild family fortune based on historical records and financial calculations.
Alan Mulally of Ford: Leaders Must Serve, with Courage Alan Mulally, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Ford Motor Company, discusses the turnaround effort at Ford, which took the automaker from an annual loss of $17 billion in 2006 to its most profitable period in more than a decade. Mulally explains that leadership takes courage, to have a point of view about the future and to pursue it in the face of resistance and doubt, in service of something great.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Why Investor Immigrants Are Choosing Canada Over U.S.February 21, 2017
- Richard Branson: To get to the top, hustle like an underdogFebruary 21, 2017
- Here are the places where millionaires are movingFebruary 21, 2017
- Jack Bogle doesn’t feel ‘super confident’ about the market rally – here’s whyFebruary 21, 2017
- The Rebirth Of Burger King Has Made 3G Capital, Bill Ackman And Warren Buffett Over $14 BillionFebruary 21, 2017
- How Charles Schwab’s chief investment strategist manages her own moneyFebruary 21, 2017
- Elliott Wave suggests the stock market isn’t anywhere near a topFebruary 21, 2017
- Icahn buys Bristol-Myers shares, adding to activist pressureFebruary 21, 2017
- A huge disconnect is taking place between the stock market and earningsFebruary 21, 2017
- Malcolm Gladwell rips into Stanford University’s request for donations: ‘You might as well send your check to the Sultan of Brunei’February 21, 2017
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says Bill Gates’ original mission ‘always bothered me’February 21, 2017
- How CEOs across America feel about Trump — and what they think he’ll do to their businessesFebruary 21, 2017
- INSIDE THE ROADSHOW: Snapchat just met with prospective investors in NYC and faced tough questionsFebruary 21, 2017
- It’s worse than you thought: Americans are drastically under-saved for retirementFebruary 21, 2017
- Apple’s stock surges to another record after Morgan Stanley boosts price targetFebruary 21, 2017
- Bill Gates supposedly has long way to go to catch the real richest man in the worldFebruary 21, 2017
- Pay attention to these three financial experts if you want to survive the coming financial superstorm: Michael Pento, James Rickards and Gerald CelenteFebruary 21, 2017
- Pursue Those Scary Dreams and Crazy Ideas to Make Every Day Your Best Day EverFebruary 20, 2017
- How to Help Employees Remember What They Learned in TrainingFebruary 20, 2017
- 5 Things to Look for When Hiring a Consulting FirmFebruary 20, 2017
- You’re Not Elon Musk or Richard Branson. Here’s What You Need to Know About Approaching the Media.February 20, 2017
- Who Needs Goals When You Can Develop New, Good HabitsFebruary 20, 2017
- 6 Tips For Leaders to Set Smart Sales GoalsFebruary 20, 2017
- Why Some Startups Succeed (and Why Most Fail)February 20, 2017
- Want a More Creative Team? Start by Taming Your Own Ego.February 20, 2017
- Presidential Lessons in Leadership and BusinessFebruary 20, 2017
- 3 Key Steps to Expand Your Culture to New CitiesFebruary 20, 2017
- 15 Science-Backed Memory Tips to Help You Succeed (Infographic)February 20, 2017
- 9 Small-Business Trends That Should Be on Every Entrepreneur’s RadarFebruary 20, 2017
- What This CEO Learned by Working in His Company’s Call CenterFebruary 20, 2017
- Sorry But Successful People Don’t Care About Your Brilliant IdeaFebruary 20, 2017
- 5 Important Business Lessons You Can Learn from Billionaire Oprah WinfreyFebruary 20, 2017
- Smartphones are making your car insurance more expensiveFebruary 20, 2017
- China’s economy is dangerously close to unravelingFebruary 20, 2017
- Hitler’s phone sold for almost $250k at US auctionFebruary 20, 2017
- Mark Cuban: Robots will ‘cause unemployment and we need to prepare for it’February 20, 2017
- A 31-year-old millionaire who’s read 360 personal finance books shares his favoriteFebruary 20, 2017
- 3 mistakes you want to avoid with your bond portfolioFebruary 20, 2017
- Japan is the cheapest stock market in the developed worldFebruary 20, 2017
- China and Shadow Financing | Mark MobiusFebruary 20, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics