Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Environment"
Hacking the supply chain: Pete Russell Pete Russell is a local food advocate, social entrepreneur and founder of Ooooby. After seeing first hand the destructive nature of globalized food and the accelerating demand for local alternatives during his time at a multi-million dollar food business, Pete became committed to working in the local food space. Driven by a passion for developing smart systems for food sales and logistics, Out of our own backyards (Ooooby) is the result of his work — a local food operation delivering to hundreds of Auckland doorsteps each week.
Two young scientists break down plastics with bacteria Once it’s created, plastic (almost) never dies. While in 12th grade Miranda Wang and Jeanny Yao went in search of a new bacteria to biodegrade plastic — specifically by breaking down phthalates, a harmful plasticizer. They found an answer surprisingly close to home. Miranda Wang and Jeanny Yao have identified a new bacteria that breaks down nasty compounds called phthalates, common to flexible plastics and linked to health problems. And they’re still teenagers. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM? After a visit to a plastic-filled waste transfer station last year, students Miranda Wang andJeanny Yao learned that much of the plastic in trash may not degrade for 5,000 years. Synthesized into plastics are phthalates, compounds that make shower curtain liners, food wraps and other products bendable but may also adversely impact human reproductive development and health. As plastics slowly break down, these phthalates would leach into the surrounding environment. So, the two young scientists tackled the problem and ultimately discovered strains of bacteria that have the potential to naturally degrade phthalates. Their work earned a regional first place in British Columbia for the 2012 Sanofi BioGENEius Challenge Canada, as well as a special award for the most commercial potential at the contest’s finals.
The Value of Impact: Ned Breslin How do non-profits monitor tangible and beneficial outcomes? When is transparency useful? Ned Breslin pauses to discuss not just transparency, but the hard questions and monitoring that ultimately lead to real, lasting impact.
/ Achievement, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Values, CEO, Change, Choices, Communication, Confidence, Consequences, Conversation, Courage, Culture, Ego, Entrepreneur, Family Business Dynamics, Game Changers, Goals, Governance, Human Capital, Human Resources, Ideas, Importance of Language, Integrity, Leadership, Management, Power of Intention, Starting a Business, Stories, Strategic Planning, Values
Change the World by Changing the Conversations at the Water Cooler: Heather Evans Heather Evans is a business professional for a Fortune 500 company. Technically, she’s a change agent, which she admits is an awesome job, even if most people don’t really know what a “change agent” is.
The Power of Quiet The world is full of noise and those that are the loudest are the ones we tend to follow but what about the quiet ones? Author Susan Cain shines a spotlight on introverts and reveals how over time our society has come to look to extroverts as leaders. Not suggesting that one is better than the other, Susan argues that the world needs an equal space between introverts and extroverts; that an innovative, creative world wouldn’t be the same without the two coming together.
An Ultra Low Energy Lifestyle: Stephanie Horowitz Where and how we live have always spoken volumes about who we are. In this TEDxBeaconStreet talk, Stephanie Horowitz, an Architect and Certified Passive House Consultant, shows how our homes and lifestyle choices offer a unique opportunity to express our environmental values. Stephanie presents a project in Brookline, MA that, through thoughtful design, detailing, and construction, achieves a 70-80% reduction in energy use and carbon footprint, relative to conventional new homes.
Rachel Kyte on future philanthropy, citizens and cities On 31 May at the 24th EFC AGA and Conference in Copenhagen, Rachel Kyte, Vice President for Sustainable Development at the World Bank, spoke on the global difficulties concerning financing sustainability initiatives and how foundations, municipal governments and the World Bank might work together to find solutions.
Inspiration for the Global Environment His Holiness the Dalai lama will give a talk on “Inspiration for the Global Environment” at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland, Oregon, USA on May 11, 2013.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The Oldest Billionaires In The World Right NowMarch 26, 2017
- The Youngest Billionaires In The World Right NowMarch 26, 2017
- Universal Basic Income Will Help Us Level the Economic Playing FieldMarch 26, 2017
- Which countries are achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals fastest?March 26, 2017
- Age discrimination is still a real problem, and it’s worst for womenMarch 26, 2017
- These entrepreneurs have endorsed universal basic incomeMarch 26, 2017
- This is the damage you can cause if you know too muchMarch 26, 2017
- What science fiction tells us about the citizens of the futureMarch 26, 2017
- These are the places where people are most optimistic for their children’s futureMarch 26, 2017
- These billionaire philanthropists are using satellites to help end global problemsMarch 26, 2017
- China’s approach to eradicating povertyMarch 26, 2017
- The world’s energy is getting cleaner and cheaper — but not quickly enoughMarch 26, 2017
- More than 2 million people die at work each year. Here’s how to prevent itMarch 26, 2017
- The key to responsible and responsive leadership – the humanitiesMarch 26, 2017
- Walt Disney Kept A Tragic Secret – And You Can See It In His FilmsMarch 26, 2017
- Klaus Schwab: We need a new narrative for globalizationMarch 26, 2017
- 3 things countries need to do today for an energy-secure futureMarch 26, 2017
- 4 ways to close the inequality gap in the Fourth Industrial RevolutionMarch 26, 2017
- Denmark has the best work-life balance. Here’s whyMarch 26, 2017
- The Allure of Shiny Gold JewelryMarch 26, 2017
- A Psychiatrist Who Survived The Holocaust Explains Why Meaningfulness Matters More Than HappinessMarch 25, 2017
- The Role of Gender in Entrepreneurship Today (Infographic)March 25, 2017
- 8 Social Media Secrets Every Entrepreneur Should KnowMarch 25, 2017
- 10 Fundamental Truths That Will Change Your LifeMarch 25, 2017
- How Small Business Owners Can Avoid Sears’s Fatal MistakeMarch 25, 2017
- 7 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Do Before 7 a.m.March 25, 2017
- How She Built a $50 Million Postcard EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- Dubai just opened the world’s largest indoor theme park (It cost $1 billion)March 25, 2017
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics