Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Education"
neurosciencestuff: In comparing amounts of things — be it the grains of sand on a beach, or the size of a sea gull flock inhabiting it — humans use a part of the brain that is organized topographically, researchers have finally shown. In other words, the neurons that work to make this “numerosity” assessment are… Neuroscience: Finally mapped: The brain region that distinguishes bits from bounty
/ Attitude, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, Care, CEO, Communication, Company Culture, Conversation, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family Business Dynamics, Game Changers, Human Resources, Importance of Language, Leadership, Management, Motivation, Productivity, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Talent Management, Visionary
Harvard Business Review: #1 Key to Motivation In a multi-year study, researchers at the Harvard Business School first asked 600 managers from dozens of different companies to rank the impact of five factors that are normally associated with motivation – recognition, incentives, support from managers and colleagues, clear goals and a sense of making progress. In this first phase of the study, recognition for good work was ranked by managers as the most important factor in motivation.
neurosciencestuff: The brain doesn’t require simultaneous visual and audio stimulation to locate the source of a sound As ventriloquists have long known, your eyes can sometimes tell your brain where a sound is coming from more convincingly than your ears can. A series of experiments in humans and monkeys… Neuroscience: Why We Look At The Puppet, Not The Ventriloquist
Eventually No One Will Feel Ostracized – Embracing Differences: Erika Gruidl See how one high school student created a team to overcome bureaucracy and life-long lessons in ignoring those with differences, causing a local school to step away from the exclusive mentality of high school and embrace the differences of six remarkable students. Special needs students that had been isolated in the school system became super stars at Livermore High. The change initiated in 2011 persisted with incoming Freshman, as the student body demonstrated to the younger students, who had not yet seen the Shooting Stars, ‘how to act with those with differences.’ Erika Gruidl, Founder of Shooting Stars, a cheer squad comprised of Special Needs students, speaks about the journey in creating a world where everyone feels welcomed. Erika loved performing as a varsity cheerleader for her school and believed Special Needs students deserved the chance to experience the same sort of joy. After initial resistance, the Shooting Stars were ultimately acknowledged, recognized and welcomed by the entire student body.
Going with the Flow: Flow Chemistry and Breaking Barriers to Innovation: Frank Gupton Dr. Frank Gupton is chair of VCU’s Department of Chemical and Life Science Engineering and director of its Institute for Engineering in Medicine. His 30-year career has focused on the development of innovative chemical processes with pharmaceutical and agricultural applications. His work predicts a future where medications will be custom-formulated to match individual patients’ needs and manufactured on demand. These chemical processes have practical applications ranging from space travel to military use to treating AIDS on a global scale.
Developing Leaders with 21st Century Skills: Dennis Riksen Dennis Riksen made a career change from sales to teaching. He learns from the children every day. “Children teach me how M&M’s are far better than money, you can eat them! And McDonald’s is a four star restaurant!” Dennis tells of the “The Leader in Me” program that emphasises a culture of student empowerment, helps unleash each child’s full potential and gives them what they need most in there fast changing, busy and hectic life. It gives them an edge………….
A new study has identified neural circuits in mice which are involved in the learning and altering of behaviors. The findings could have implications for alcoholism and other addictive behaviors. Study Identifies Brain Circuits Involved in Learning and Decision Making
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics