Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Dallas"
Business Ideas – How to Be Enthusiastic Like Mary Kay Ash by Evan carmichael Evan Carmichael discusses how you break through with your business like one of the most successful women entrepreneurs of all time, Mary Kay Ash. “Most successful people are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.” — Mary Kay Ash Mary Kay Ash (May 12, 1918 — November 22, 2001) was an American businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc. Raised in a time when few women were in business, let alone successful in business, Ash broke down barriers on her rise up to creating a multi-billion dollar operation. Ash used her $5,000 life savings to open a cosmetics company, Beauty by Mary Kay. Ash had bought the formula for a skin-care cream she was using as well as a storefront in Dallas, and began hiring friends as independent beauty consultants, her term for salespeople. In its first year, company sales reached $198,000, primarily from sales sessions, or ‘skin care classes’, her sales team would hold in private homes. At the time of Ash’s death, Mary Kay Cosmetics had over 800,000 representatives in 37 countries, with total annual sales over $2 billion at retail. Action Item #1: Break Down Barriers in Your Way Starting a business is tough. It can be hard to get customers to believe in a new company and people will doubt your ability to succeed. At times you might even wonder if you made the right decision or if you’re better off going back and getting a job. Mary Kay Ash was tired of being held back and being told that she was “just thinking like a woman.” Starting her own business was her chance to reach her full potential. According to Ash, “You cannot keep determined people from success. If you place stumbling blocks in their way, they will use them for stepping-stones and climb to new heights.” No matter what challenges you come up against, remind yourself of why you started your business and what your vision is. Break big barriers down into small chunks and tackle them one by one until the problem is solved. Whatever you do, don’t give up! Action Item #2: Live by the Golden Rule Whether you are dealing with customers, suppliers, the media, employees, partners, or someone else who can have a meaningful impact on your business, remember that you’re dealing with a person and people like to be recognized and appreciated. Mary Kay Ash’s advice is simple: “I have learned to imagine an invisible sign around each person’s neck that says ‘Make me feel important.’ I never cease to be amazed at how positively people react when they’re made to feel important. Everyone wants to be appreciated. So, if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.” As a business owner there never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done which can often cause us to […]
$190 Million Estate: America’s Most Expensive Home For Sale Greenwich, Conn. has long been known for its pricey ZIP codes, enviable proximity to New York City, and of course, a diaspora of wealthy Wall Street residents that has earned it a nickname as the hedge fund capital of the country. Now the tony town will be known for something else: as the location of America’s most expensive home for sale. With an astounding asking price of $190 million, Copper Beech Farm has come to market as one of Greenwich’s last ‘Great Estates,’ a designation assigned by the Junior League of Greenwich in a 1986 coffee table book highlighting the town’s 46 most architecturally significant historic abodes. At that nine-figure price tag, Copper Beech Farm trumps every other U.S. residence publicly listed for sale, asking nearly 30% more than the country’s second most expensive home, the $135 million Crespi-Hicks estate in Dallas, Texas.
General Norman Schwarzkopf and Tony Robbins on Leadership General Norman Schwarzkopf, the leader of Operation Desert Storm during the Gulf War, passed away recently at the age of 78. Tony shared the stage with General Schwarzkopf numerous times over the years. This clip is a speech on leadership he gave at an event in Dallas in 1999. General Schwarzkopf will always be remembered as an inspiring leader with a big heart.
“Conscious Capitalism” – Kip Tindell, Chairman & CEO, The Container Store Kip Tindell, Chairman and CEO of The Container Store, shares his perspectives on conscious capitalism and the relationship between business and society as he speaks to the Darden Leadership Speaker Series theme for this year, “What Does it Take?”. His visit is co-sponsored by, and served as the keynote kick-off for, the 2nd annual Business in Society Conference at Darden. Recorded 7 February 2013. For more information on the visions and values of The Container Store, visit http://standfor.containerstore.com/. With Tindell at its helm for 34 years, Dallas-based The Container Store, the original storage and organization store, has 58 stores across the country. Stores average 25,000 square feet and are merchandised with more than 10,000 products designed to save space and time. Privately held, the retailer has posted a compounded annual growth rate of 24% since its inception. With 2012 fiscal year sales projected to reach $750 million, the originators of the storage and organization category of retailing remain the leaders in an industry that thrives. With his focus on employees first, Tindell has nurtured a fierce loyalty to the company, which has an incredible number of employees who might never have dreamed of a career in retail. In fact, that employee-first culture has landed The Container Store on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” 13 years in a row.
Explore the cause rather than criticize the action – Zig Ziglar
/ Crisis, Emotions, Failure, Fear, Future, Goals, Hope, Ideas, Leadership, Life Mastery Resources, Management, Mind Body, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Preserverance, Problems, Psychology Resources, Quotes, Well Being, Wisdom
Worry is interest paid before it’s due – Zig Ziglar
The door to a balanced success opens wide on the hinges of hope and encouragement – Zig Ziglar
If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time – Zig Ziglar
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics