Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Dallas"
Business Ideas – How to Be Enthusiastic Like Mary Kay Ash by Evan carmichael Evan Carmichael discusses how you break through with your business like one of the most successful women entrepreneurs of all time, Mary Kay Ash. “Most successful people are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.” — Mary Kay Ash Mary Kay Ash (May 12, 1918 — November 22, 2001) was an American businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc. Raised in a time when few women were in business, let alone successful in business, Ash broke down barriers on her rise up to creating a multi-billion dollar operation. Ash used her $5,000 life savings to open a cosmetics company, Beauty by Mary Kay. Ash had bought the formula for a skin-care cream she was using as well as a storefront in Dallas, and began hiring friends as independent beauty consultants, her term for salespeople. In its first year, company sales reached $198,000, primarily from sales sessions, or ‘skin care classes’, her sales team would hold in private homes. At the time of Ash’s death, Mary Kay Cosmetics had over 800,000 representatives in 37 countries, with total annual sales over $2 billion at retail. Action Item #1: Break Down Barriers in Your Way Starting a business is tough. It can be hard to get customers to believe in a new company and people will doubt your ability to succeed. At times you might even wonder if you made the right decision or if you’re better off going back and getting a job. Mary Kay Ash was tired of being held back and being told that she was “just thinking like a woman.” Starting her own business was her chance to reach her full potential. According to Ash, “You cannot keep determined people from success. If you place stumbling blocks in their way, they will use them for stepping-stones and climb to new heights.” No matter what challenges you come up against, remind yourself of why you started your business and what your vision is. Break big barriers down into small chunks and tackle them one by one until the problem is solved. Whatever you do, don’t give up! Action Item #2: Live by the Golden Rule Whether you are dealing with customers, suppliers, the media, employees, partners, or someone else who can have a meaningful impact on your business, remember that you’re dealing with a person and people like to be recognized and appreciated. Mary Kay Ash’s advice is simple: “I have learned to imagine an invisible sign around each person’s neck that says ‘Make me feel important.’ I never cease to be amazed at how positively people react when they’re made to feel important. Everyone wants to be appreciated. So, if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.” As a business owner there never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done which can often cause us to […]
$190 Million Estate: America’s Most Expensive Home For Sale Greenwich, Conn. has long been known for its pricey ZIP codes, enviable proximity to New York City, and of course, a diaspora of wealthy Wall Street residents that has earned it a nickname as the hedge fund capital of the country. Now the tony town will be known for something else: as the location of America’s most expensive home for sale. With an astounding asking price of $190 million, Copper Beech Farm has come to market as one of Greenwich’s last ‘Great Estates,’ a designation assigned by the Junior League of Greenwich in a 1986 coffee table book highlighting the town’s 46 most architecturally significant historic abodes. At that nine-figure price tag, Copper Beech Farm trumps every other U.S. residence publicly listed for sale, asking nearly 30% more than the country’s second most expensive home, the $135 million Crespi-Hicks estate in Dallas, Texas.
General Norman Schwarzkopf and Tony Robbins on Leadership General Norman Schwarzkopf, the leader of Operation Desert Storm during the Gulf War, passed away recently at the age of 78. Tony shared the stage with General Schwarzkopf numerous times over the years. This clip is a speech on leadership he gave at an event in Dallas in 1999. General Schwarzkopf will always be remembered as an inspiring leader with a big heart.
“Conscious Capitalism” – Kip Tindell, Chairman & CEO, The Container Store Kip Tindell, Chairman and CEO of The Container Store, shares his perspectives on conscious capitalism and the relationship between business and society as he speaks to the Darden Leadership Speaker Series theme for this year, “What Does it Take?”. His visit is co-sponsored by, and served as the keynote kick-off for, the 2nd annual Business in Society Conference at Darden. Recorded 7 February 2013. For more information on the visions and values of The Container Store, visit http://standfor.containerstore.com/. With Tindell at its helm for 34 years, Dallas-based The Container Store, the original storage and organization store, has 58 stores across the country. Stores average 25,000 square feet and are merchandised with more than 10,000 products designed to save space and time. Privately held, the retailer has posted a compounded annual growth rate of 24% since its inception. With 2012 fiscal year sales projected to reach $750 million, the originators of the storage and organization category of retailing remain the leaders in an industry that thrives. With his focus on employees first, Tindell has nurtured a fierce loyalty to the company, which has an incredible number of employees who might never have dreamed of a career in retail. In fact, that employee-first culture has landed The Container Store on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” 13 years in a row.
Explore the cause rather than criticize the action – Zig Ziglar
/ Crisis, Emotions, Failure, Fear, Future, Goals, Hope, Ideas, Leadership, Life Mastery Resources, Management, Mind Body, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Preserverance, Problems, Psychology Resources, Quotes, Well Being, Wisdom
Worry is interest paid before it’s due – Zig Ziglar
The door to a balanced success opens wide on the hinges of hope and encouragement – Zig Ziglar
If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time – Zig Ziglar
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Access The #1 UHNW Newsletter!
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 8 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
#1 Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 15,800 Complimentary Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON BUSINESS
#1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Management Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 12,400 Complimentary Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON FINANCE AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
#1 Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 6,900 Complimentary Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
#1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire
The #1 UHNW Real Estate Newswire for Luxury Homes and Commercial Real Estate. Check out the latest trends in real estate today with over 5,800 Complimentary posts.
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON LUXURY AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
#1 Philanthropy Newswire
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today with over 1,900 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe about gratitude and giving!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON PHILANTHROPY
#1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire
The #1 UHNW Lifestyles Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Check out the latest trends in travel, jets, yachts, luxury cars, and fashion today with over 400 Complimentary posts. Learn what some of the richest people in the world are doing with their wealth!
ENZO CALAMO IS A GOLD AWARD NEWS CURATOR ON THE UHNW LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
Recent Blog Posts
- How Parents Can Curb Alcohol and Drug Use by Teens – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Do Something For Nothing | Think Out Loud With Jay Shetty – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Matt Damon’s Top 10 Rules For Success – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- The Privilege Many People Never Think AboutSeptember 29, 2016
- New ‘Artificial Pancreas’ Could Seriously Improve Life For DiabeticsSeptember 29, 2016
- A Guide To The Changing Science Of Flu Shots | Huffington PostSeptember 29, 2016
- Why You Should Pay Attention To Costs When InvestingSeptember 29, 2016
- Canadian Wages Are Growing Slower Than They Have In 5 YearsSeptember 29, 2016
- The super rich are getting stung by the oil slumpSeptember 29, 2016
- More than a million Americans are suffering from a debilitating disease that makes simple tasks impossible — and they’re sick and tired of being ignoredSeptember 29, 2016
- Advantages of ETFs – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Amy Cuddy Explains How to Become a Powerful Public Speaker | Inc. Magazine – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Arianna Huffington: The Big Productivity Mistake That’s Draining Your Energy | Inc. Magazine – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Sales Q & A: How to Maximize Your Sales Efforts and Close More Sales – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Why Indonesia Is One of the World’s Worst Climate Change Offenders – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Don’t let your digital assets die with youSeptember 29, 2016
- Why helmets don’t prevent concussions — and what might | David Camarillo – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Ferrari Unveils LaFerrari Aperta But You Can’t Have One – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Tony Robbins – Why Complain (Motivational Video) – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- Fortune Test Drives the New Mercedes E Class | Fortune – YouTubeSeptember 29, 2016
- The Benefits of Caffeine for Endurance AthletesSeptember 29, 2016
- Israel’s high-tech billionaires – Globes EnglishSeptember 29, 2016
- Billionaire Li Takes Long-Term Bet on Newly Listed Postal BankSeptember 29, 2016
- Why Richard Branson’s company is making employees take a ‘digital detox’September 29, 2016
- Why Do The World’s A-List Celebrities Always Flock To This Boutique New York City Hotel?September 29, 2016
- Saudi Arabian billionaire handed £400,000 by taxpayers every yearSeptember 29, 2016
- Clive Palmer loses legal bid against QN liquidatorsSeptember 29, 2016
- Billionaire Wiese Invests $1.8 Billion More in SteinhoffSeptember 29, 2016
- World’s super rich hit by falling oil pricesSeptember 29, 2016
- Smooth sailing for merger of German luxury superyacht giantsSeptember 29, 2016
- AOL Founder Steve Case Is The Latest Billionaire To Endorse Hillary ClintonSeptember 29, 2016
- Russian airline owner to challenge Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos in spaceSeptember 29, 2016
- Seeking Clarity: MBI Helps Illuminate Dense Breast TissueSeptember 29, 2016
- Why millennials like to lease carsSeptember 29, 2016
- A $69 million superyacht with its own library and jacuzzi is up for sale this weekSeptember 29, 2016
LFO Website Statistics