Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Chief executive officer"
Leadership in Startups with Andy Fleming “I would have to say that there is this old image of the leader being visionary, a storyteller kind of person. I would say now that the leader is a truth seeker.” — Andy Fleming, Founding Partner at Core Growth Partners, LLC 11 national championships (’62, ’64, ’65, ’67, ’68, ’69, ’70, ’71, ’72, ’73, ’74, ’75), a winning percentage of .804 (664-162), and four perfect seasons (30-0). The man behind the numbers in this coach is legendary UCLA basketball coach and leader, John Wooden. Basketball and startups are team sports. Both require leaders to operate efficiently and both need leaders to perform even when they have flu-like symtoms. Leadership in startups takes a lot of hard-work, constant learning, and a unique ability to adapt to change. Earlier this month Scott Henderson sat down with three seasoned startup leaders to discuss the topic of leadership in startups.
/ Business Succession, Children, Communication, Dynasties, Education, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Meetings, Family Values, Leadership, Mentoring, Money Values, Next Gen, Psychology of Money, Wealth Preservation
Powerful Questions and Listening – the tools of succession planning by Family Wealth Coach You know the old saying, “Children should be seen and not heard?” If ever there was a time to discredit that saying, it is when you’re in the midst of succession planning. We’ve all had that feeling when you sense that your input is not as legitimate as other’s in the room. It can be incredibly intimidating for heirs when there are multiple generations at the table. It’s critical that you foster an environment with your heirs where that feeling isn’t allowed to take hold, and where their input is just as valued as others in the room. It can be a serious problem if people feel like they “aren’t being heard.” How can you create a succession strategy if people aren’t communicating? If there isn’t powerful communication then it may be difficult to know what matters to your heirs, and what makes them tick. You may not know what tools or resources they might need, and it could be incredibly difficult to get a grasp on the pressures they feel. And the reverse is equally true. These are all things you want your heirs to understand and know about you, as well. The most compelling tools of succession planning are powerful questions combined with powerful listening. Powerful listening doesn’t mean just sitting quietly and “listening” so that you can then jump in with a response. Powerful listening is about trying to hear more than the words—it’s about trying to hear where those words are coming from. What are the motivations behind those words? Ask open-ended questions, and wait for a response—and then listen. It’s also important to keep in mind that sometimes too much respect can really impede communication. If 1st generation wealth holders are held in reverence by the 3rdgeneration, then that 3rd generation may not communicate openly. We understand that it can be difficult for the 3rd generation’s views to be taken as seriously as the 1stgeneration’s. After all, the 1st generation has had far more experience. But keep in mind that one day it will be the 3rd generation making all the decisions, so it’s critical that they feel like they are “being heard” in order for the succession plan to work smoothly.
Leadership with Two Hands: Amornrat Kantaphon We often have an idea that people who have leadership qualities and abilities must be people who do something of great magnitude or wield a lot of power. In fact, anyone can be a leader. By starting with their own hands, a person can create thousands of incredible things in the world. In Thailand, there is a man who used his own two hands to do a very simple thing-something that he believed in and loved doing.
Why European Telecoms Are Attracting Billionaires May 8, 2013 (Bloomberg) — Bloomberg Billionaires European Editor Robert LaFranco looks at the move by billionaires into the European telecom sector and why they find it attractive. He speaks on Bloomberg Television’s “The Pulse.”
“Conscious Capitalism” – Kip Tindell, Chairman & CEO, The Container Store Kip Tindell, Chairman and CEO of The Container Store, shares his perspectives on conscious capitalism and the relationship between business and society as he speaks to the Darden Leadership Speaker Series theme for this year, “What Does it Take?”. His visit is co-sponsored by, and served as the keynote kick-off for, the 2nd annual Business in Society Conference at Darden. Recorded 7 February 2013. For more information on the visions and values of The Container Store, visit http://standfor.containerstore.com/. With Tindell at its helm for 34 years, Dallas-based The Container Store, the original storage and organization store, has 58 stores across the country. Stores average 25,000 square feet and are merchandised with more than 10,000 products designed to save space and time. Privately held, the retailer has posted a compounded annual growth rate of 24% since its inception. With 2012 fiscal year sales projected to reach $750 million, the originators of the storage and organization category of retailing remain the leaders in an industry that thrives. With his focus on employees first, Tindell has nurtured a fierce loyalty to the company, which has an incredible number of employees who might never have dreamed of a career in retail. In fact, that employee-first culture has landed The Container Store on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” 13 years in a row.
Peter Docker – Leadership and Workplace Culture Expert Peter Docker inspires people to generate new possibilities–both for themselves and their organizations. Building on Simon Sinek‘s “Golden Circle,” Peter illustrates his insights by drawing on examples from his previous careers in the military and industry sectors to explain principles that can be applied in any business to create extraordinary and sustainable organizations.
Davos 2013 – TIME: Leading Through Adversity Leading through Adversity Are leaders too risk-averse in efforts to bring the economy back on track? This session was developed in partnership with Time magazine and broadcasted on CNN Money. • John T. Chambers, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cisco, USA • Clayton Christensen, Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, USA • Mike Duke, President and Chief Executive Officer, Wal-Mart Stores, USA; Co-Chair of the Governors for the Consumer Industries 2013 • Orit Gadiesh, Chairman, Bain & Company, USA; World Economic Forum Foundation Board Member • Anand G. Mahindra, Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra, India • Martin Senn, Group Chief Executive Officer, Zurich Insurance Group, Switzerland; Co-Chair of the Governors for Financial Services for 2013 Moderated by • Jim Frederick, Editor, Time International, USA
When Change is not a Choice: Armen Berjikly Mr. Armen Berjikly is the Founder of Kanjoya Inc. (also known as Experience Project, Inc.), and currently serves as its Chief Executive Officer and President. After a close friend’s diagnosis with a serious medical condition, Berjikly began creating online communities designed to sponsor hope through research and community. Witnessing the power of connecting people with a shared experience, and therefore common understanding, led to the creation of Experience Project which has rapidly grown to the largest community of people sharing life experiences, with over 10 million people a month sharing over 20 million experiences. Previously Berjikly worked at the Echelon Corporation, where he helped manage their “intelligent utility grid” solution from paper concept to millions of units shipped. Berjikly’s passion continues to be building products that unite people who can improve each other’s lives, and pioneering new ways to bring emotional awareness to technology. Berjikly obtained his Master’s Degree from Stanford University in Management Science and Engineering, with an emphasis on Entrepreneurship. Prior to that he graduated with honors in Computer Science from Stanford, where his primary research focus was Human-Computer Interaction.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Multitask, According to a MIT NeuroscientistDecember 9, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why Servants Are Better in LeadershipDecember 9, 2016
- The $2.6 million Bugatti Chiron is like no other car in the worldDecember 9, 2016
- Wall Street opens higher on gains in health stocksDecember 9, 2016
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in OctoberDecember 9, 2016
- Here’s the presentation David Einhorn just gave to a room of elite hedge fund managersDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- Combine Long-Term Care With Life Insurance? Do the Numbers FirstDecember 9, 2016
- ‘Evidence not politics’: Committee recommends ending Ottawa veto on pipelinesDecember 9, 2016
- The US is $19.9 trillion in debt — here are the countries we owe the mostDecember 9, 2016
- A financial planner reveals an important money lesson young people can learn from the richDecember 9, 2016
- ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ author Tim Ferriss reveals 2 common principles he’s found in successful peopleDecember 9, 2016
- Q&A: GoFundMe CEO Rob Solomon on the Fort Mac Fires and the future of online givingDecember 9, 2016
- Government workers keep getting richer off money taken from the rest of usDecember 9, 2016
- Americans’ odds of earnings more than their parents have plungedDecember 9, 2016
- Robert Shiller on the market rally: ‘Trump does magic’December 9, 2016
- Markets are on a ‘sugar high,’ billionaire hedge fund manager Marc Lasry saysDecember 9, 2016
- This Is How Billionaires Do Their Christmas ShoppingDecember 9, 2016
- Billionaire Rinehart Cleared to Buy Iconic Aussie Cattle CompanyDecember 9, 2016
- Carlos Slim Invests $750 Million More in Telekom AustriaDecember 9, 2016
- Australia’s Luxury Car Market Has Hit A Record High — What’s Behind It?December 9, 2016
- Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley buys a £40m JET despite plummeting profitsDecember 9, 2016
- The rise of the ‘Social CEO’December 8, 2016
- 15 of the Most Beautiful Places in Canada | Cosmopolitan – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- How To Accumulate Real Wealth | CNBC – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- 5 More Reasons Why Most People Don’t Become Wealthy | Brian Tracy – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- PepsiCo CEO: I Write Letters to Parents of My Executives – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- The David Rubenstein Show: Bill Gates – YouTubeDecember 8, 2016
- China is about to hit Macau hard, and casino stocks are getting spankedDecember 8, 2016
- A behavioral economist reveals when it’s time to quit to your jobDecember 8, 2016
- Something interesting — and possibly alarming — is happening with Tesla stockDecember 8, 2016
- Inflationary pressures are stirring in ChinaDecember 8, 2016
- 4 billionaires who support kids non-profits | EasierDecember 8, 2016
- Only 51% of 30-year-olds are making more money than their parents didDecember 8, 2016
- Stock benchmarks just did something they haven’t done in nearly 20 yearsDecember 8, 2016
- Google Makes So Much Money, It Never Had to Worry About Financial Discipline—Until NowDecember 8, 2016
- Woman on New Canada $10 Bill Fought Racism Before Rosa ParksDecember 8, 2016
- Don’t buy into the dividend ‘fallacy,’ new academic paper warnsDecember 8, 2016
- Market indicator hits extreme levels last seen before plunges in 1929, 2000 and 2008December 8, 2016
- Changing Charitable Donations May Be AdvisableDecember 8, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics