Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Business plan"
Business Ideas – How Craigslist was created without a Business Plan Today we’re going to take a closer look at how the son of a single parent and struggling bookkeeper became a successful Internet entrepreneur. Despite having started off with no business plan, this man built on of the top ten Internet sites in the world. This is the story of Craigslist founder Craig Newmark and the top 3 lessons that you can learn from his success. “From the very beginning, I was involved in talking to people, listening to people. And it hasn’t stopped. The idea was that people send me information; I’d ask them about it, listen, try to do something about it – and then ask for more feedback.” – Craig Newmark Craig Newmark (born December 6, 1952) is an American entrepreneur that started with an idea to inform people that turned into Craigslist, a multimillion dollar Internet business. Newmark grew up in Morristown, New Jersey. His father, a salesman who peddled everything from food to insurance, died of lung cancer shortly after Newmark’s bar mitzvah. His mother worked as a bookkeeper and struggled to make ends meet after her husband passed away. Newmark went to Morristown High School, where he became co-captain of the debate team, and also an active member of the forensics club. He also started his own club, which met regularly to play the game Go. A few years after graduating college, Newmark worked for IBM in Florida then for Charles Schwab in San Francisco. Newmark then began working as an independent consultant, taking on contracts with Bank of America, Xircom, Sun Microsystems and more. After several years of observing people on the Internet and how they used online tools to help each other out, Newmark decided to start his own email service to notify people about cool arts and technology events in San Francisco. When Newmark’s simple email listings reached over 240 subscribers, he could no longer carry on as he was; even his cc field would not accept anymore email addresses. Instead of shutting down, Newmark decided to move his list to a public server for all to access. He wanted to call his new website “SF-Events” but some of his closer friends suggested calling it “Craigslist” to emphasize the personal and down-to-earth nature of the list. In its first few years, Newmark ran the site as a part-time hobby, continuing his consulting work full-time during the day. He tried to bring on some volunteers, but they did not pan out as Newmark expected. That is when he had an epiphany. He hired the right CEO and Craigslist took off. Craigslist was earning over $10 million in revenues by 2004. Then, in 2005, for a price tag of $15 million, eBay purchased a 25% stake in the company from a former shareholder. As of 2010, Craigslist was generating more than $122 million annually. Action Item #1: Get Out of the Way Action […]
Everything is a state of mind: Amalia Ghiban She considers herself a global citizen and after trying out various areas in economic background she decided to follow her passion about people and become a life coach. After going through a tough period of time with some failures and a race for self-awareness, she managed to make a 180 degree turn in her life and found her place in the world. She explains to us how success and failure is the two sides of the same coin but also how our feelings become our beliefs, our beliefs become our values and then our values become our behaviors that determine our lives. She believes in us as we should believe in ourselves.
/ Business Succession, Estate Planning, Estate Planning - USA, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Meetings, Family Values, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Governance, Strategic Planning
The importance of a WRITTEN family business succession plan Why does “selective-amnesia” often kick-in when discussing business issues?
Finance Talk: The Business Plan What is the number one tool a new advisor should use on a daily basis?
Saygin Yalcin – Business Plan Saygin Yalcin is the Founder and President of the first and largest online private shopping club in the Middle East, Sukar.com, Vice President at Souq.com and Partner at Jabbar Internet Group. Moreover, Saygin is Academic Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Ecommerce at the Canadian University of Dubai, one of the leading universities, research and teaching institutions in the UAE. Saygin has founded Sukar.com and in less than a year, the company has become the most successful e-commerce startup in the Middle East and, with Saygin at its helm, has grown into a multi-million-dollar business. More than 1 million shoppers have invitation-only access to fashion, lifestyle and luxury products through daily offers at privileged prices. The club operates across nine countries, including the GCC, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt. Souq.com, the largest online retailer in the Arab world has acquired Sukar.com in April 2012. With the investment of Tiger Global, Naspers (MIH) and Jabbar Internet Group in October 2012, the new Souq Group has been formed. Prior to founding Sukar.com and collecting experience at multinational corporations, such as L’Oreal, the BMW Group or Capgemini Consulting, Saygin was Founder & CEO of Joe Suis GmbH; a premium luxury house for high end leather handbags and diamond jewelry, collaborating with online shopping clubs as major distribution channels. Joe Suis has successfully been acquired by KupiVIP.ru to become one of the most successful private labels in Russia. Saygin holds an international master’s degree in business administration and economics, having studied at top business schools in Germany (WHU), the USA (USC) and Mexico (ITAM). He is fluent in German, English, Spanish and Turkish.
Business Plans: Jim Goetz, Sequoia Capital You have an idea and you want to get going. But you hear that a business plan is a critical part of the next step. What are the components of a business plan that you need to develop? Presenter: Jim Goetz, Partner, Sequoia Capital. Recorded: February 27, 2008
The Business Plan Jim Ellis talks about the elements of a successful business plan as well as common mistakes related to its development and use.
Evaluating a Business Idea This lecture covers the general areas that an entrepreneur should evaluate when considering a new business idea. Russ Siegelman
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- 13 Things Your Business Needs to Automate Right NowFebruary 26, 2017
- Five Signs You’re Successful — Whether You Know It Or NotFebruary 26, 2017
- Jessica Mah Shares Her 5 Best Pieces of Advice for Women EntrepreneursFebruary 26, 2017
- What I Learned From Mentoring Startups in the World’s Best AcceleratorsFebruary 26, 2017
- Why your Startup should take 4–6 weeks to launch, not 4–6 monthsFebruary 26, 2017
- 7 Critical Questions Every Start-Up Entrepreneur Must AnswerFebruary 26, 2017
- Startup essentials: What’s the difference between growth marketing and growth hacking?February 26, 2017
- OMERS sees 10.3% investment return in 2016 – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Warren Buffett says investors should stick with index funds – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Canadians contributed less to TFSAs in 2016, survey finds – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Personal Investor: Health costs and taxes draining retirement nest eggs – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Personal Investor: How to become a millionaire at 65 – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Self-made millionaire: Here are 3 things rich people do differentlyFebruary 26, 2017
- How this self-made millionaire got rich by ‘chasing mammoths’February 26, 2017
- Forever Broke: 15 Things Holding You Back From Becoming a Multi-MillionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- How this self-made millionaire started a classic car empire out of his garageFebruary 26, 2017
- 4 lessons you can learn from America’s first female self-made millionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- Self-made millionaire: ‘Most people should not be going to college’February 26, 2017
- 30-year-old self-made millionaire: This is how to make your family smarter about moneyFebruary 26, 2017
- Self-made millionaire: Here are the 2 rules I follow to ‘have it all’February 26, 2017
- The practical, unsexy steps it takes to actually become a millionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- 31-year-old millionaire who saves 50% of his income shares his No. 1 money-saving tipFebruary 26, 2017
- A startup sale made this low-level employee into an Indian millionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- Millionaire who works 95 hours a week shares how he avoids burnoutFebruary 26, 2017
- What to do in your 20s to become a millionaire, from the author of ‘I Will Teach You To Be Rich’February 26, 2017
- Jackie Chan calls America ‘most corrupt country in the world’February 26, 2017
- Warren Buffett upbeat on US business growth – BBC NewsFebruary 26, 2017
- Hiding Assets In Kids’ Companies Results In Denial Of Discharge In CorkFebruary 26, 2017
- Bret Hart Recalls Meeting Donald Trump, Weighs In On Linda McMahon And Sharpshooter FundingFebruary 25, 2017
- One Woman’s Journey From ‘Barefoot Doctor’ To Casino BillionaireFebruary 25, 2017
- 3 Stocks Billionaire Carl Icahn Is Buying — The Motley FoolFebruary 25, 2017
- This is how 5 self-made billionaires beat stressFebruary 25, 2017
- ‘Shark Tank’: The 6 Greatest Lessons After A Year With Billionaire Mark CubanFebruary 25, 2017
- Billionaire Adelson Reaps Benefits From Big Republican DonationsFebruary 25, 2017
- Puff Daddy Says He’s Not Hip Hop’s First Billionaire … YetFebruary 25, 2017
- Cirque Du Soleil Billionaire Guy Laliberte Helps Fight Global Water Crisis With Luxury AuctionFebruary 25, 2017
- Care to bid for Donald Trump’s Ferrari F430 F1 Coupe?February 25, 2017
- Montegrappa’s New Pen Would Make Doctor Strange EnviousFebruary 25, 2017
- The Next Financial Crisis Might Be in Your DrivewayFebruary 25, 2017
- Schwarzman’s $425 Million Payout Leads Private Equity TitansFebruary 25, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics