Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Board of directors"
Karen Wilhelm Buckley is a true women’s business warrior Karen Wilheim Buckley is Director and co-Founder of The Wisdom Connection. Her work to develop leaders with an integrated wisdom, one that includes the best of the masculine and feminine, has informed her speaking, publishing, coaching and consulting for over 20 years. Karen loves to help women and men accomplish their mission – to build businesses, advance careers, transform relationships, and sustain deeply satisfying lives. Whether starting from step one with a new idea or gaining momentum on something you’ve been working on for a long time, talk with Karen. She can help you get the roadblocks out of the way and enjoy the journey in a whole new way. Where Women Develop Feminine Wisdom and Leadership Karen Wilhelm Buckley is a true women’s business warrior. She has helped me navigate rebuilding and re-launching my business with a firm hand yet a gentle heart. She understands the demands of balancing a business with motherhood and how this leads to a much happier life path. She is the fairy-godmother of business savvy and I feel truly blessed to work with her through the twists and turns of my business and life. With a team of remarkable women, Karen created and hosted a series of women’s forums exploring the questions about the relationship of feminine wisdom and leadership. The Women’s Forums, Honoring the Wisdom and Power of Women Leaders, were held in San Francisco in 2003 and Switzerland in 2005 with Spirit in Business International, and in Santa Barbara in 2004 at the World Business Academy, “Global Mind Change” conference. In addition, as Founder and Principle of Communicore Consulting, Karen is an executive coach and consultant bringing experience and expertise to the field of organization development. Her clients grow in their leadership capacity while developing the skills and strategies needed to cultivate teamwork, innovation, and committed performance. She enjoys leading senior management retreats and facilitating critical meetings. Karen is a published author and public speaker in the fields of organizational change, wisdom leadership, feminine wisdom, and women’s leadership. She is a Fellow of the World Business Academy and a Founding Board member of the Spirit in Business Institute. Because of a passion for spirit-based whole-child education she co-founded the GreenWood School in 1992, an innovative Waldorf inspired elementary school that continues to thrive today. Her two young adult children, husband, dog, kitty, and cockatiel keep her fully engaged when at home in beautiful Mill Valley, California where she has lived for over twenty years.
In the Boardroom: should CEOs sit on boards? Feb. 8, 2013 – Lucy Marcus asks Alcatel Lucent UK & Ireland CEO, Lucy Dimes about the pros and cons of sitting on boards.
As 2013 begins, we, as Co-Presidents of AiP, would like to wish everyone a Happy and prosperous New Year. As we look back on 2012, it can honestly be said that this past year has been a transformative year for AiP. The year brought with it:1) New Co-Presidents;2) New Logo;3) New tagline – Transforming Philanthropy through Collaboration 4) New four circle model to better clarify our membership: Philanthropists and Donors; Foundations, key employees and Board Members of nonprofits who help bring in charitable gifts; Professionals, Planned Giving experts, and Financial Advisors; Resource Providers to the Philanthropic world, such as the CAP designation of American College. 5) New website; 6) New Collaboratory; 7) New Ambassadors of AiP; 8) New Council of Past Presidents; 9) New Sponsorship model; 10) New Conference location for 2013; 11) New Ambassador to China for AiP; 12) First time International President; 13) New Social Media tools on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. 14) New administrative team; 15) New back office system; 16) New address in Chicago; 17) New AiP Chapter development; 18) New member polls on AiP initiatives; 19) PLUS MUCH MORE. Although these new initiatives were exciting to implement on behalf of our AiP members, it took a lot of energy on the part of the AiP Board and the AiP Committees to implement these transformative changes. On behalf of all AiP’s membership, we would like to thank these hard working volunteers for their countless hours. If 2012 can be called a transformational year for AiP, 2013 will be a major Impact Year for AiP and its members. In the new year, our Association will be embarking on some major initiatives that will Transform Philanthropy through Collaboration: 1) In September, 2013, AiP will be creating a new Philanthropic Supplement that will be appearing in both Trust and Estate magazine and Registered Rep magazine; 2) Our 2013 Conference has been expanded to include more high quality speakers and NEW special tracks on technical topics, legacy planning, Collaboration, and Spirituality and Philanthropy. Furthermore, an optional Community Service program will be offered for AiP members who want to be actively involved in giving back to the Las Vegas community on the first morning of the Conference. 3) In collaboration with AiP Foundation and our AiP Ambassador to China, AiP is in negotiations with government officials in China about the possibility of holding a two-day Symposium in 2013 on how East and West can collaborate on bringing the Philanthropic message around the world. 4) Early in 2013, our AiP Ambassador to China will travel to China to discuss the possibility of opening up our first International Chapter in Beijing. 5) AiP is in discussions with Social Venture Partners, American College, AiP Foundation, and NAEPC Foundation about collaborating on some impactful joint initiatives in 2013. 6) AiP intends to hold its first major fundraising event, a Charitable Poker tournament at our Las Vegas Conference. 7) AiP is looking into new tools and systems to better communicate with our members on an ongoing […]
Your Own Personal Board of Directors EPIP members talk about how essential it is to create your own personal “board of directors” to help guide you through career (and life) decisions.
Tom Peters: Board of Directors Should Look Like Market
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Pay attention to these three financial experts if you want to survive the coming financial superstorm: Michael Pento, James Rickards and Gerald CelenteFebruary 21, 2017
- Pursue Those Scary Dreams and Crazy Ideas to Make Every Day Your Best Day EverFebruary 20, 2017
- How to Help Employees Remember What They Learned in TrainingFebruary 20, 2017
- 5 Things to Look for When Hiring a Consulting FirmFebruary 20, 2017
- You’re Not Elon Musk or Richard Branson. Here’s What You Need to Know About Approaching the Media.February 20, 2017
- Who Needs Goals When You Can Develop New, Good HabitsFebruary 20, 2017
- 6 Tips For Leaders to Set Smart Sales GoalsFebruary 20, 2017
- Why Some Startups Succeed (and Why Most Fail)February 20, 2017
- Want a More Creative Team? Start by Taming Your Own Ego.February 20, 2017
- Presidential Lessons in Leadership and BusinessFebruary 20, 2017
- 3 Key Steps to Expand Your Culture to New CitiesFebruary 20, 2017
- 15 Science-Backed Memory Tips to Help You Succeed (Infographic)February 20, 2017
- 9 Small-Business Trends That Should Be on Every Entrepreneur’s RadarFebruary 20, 2017
- What This CEO Learned by Working in His Company’s Call CenterFebruary 20, 2017
- Sorry But Successful People Don’t Care About Your Brilliant IdeaFebruary 20, 2017
- 5 Important Business Lessons You Can Learn from Billionaire Oprah WinfreyFebruary 20, 2017
- Smartphones are making your car insurance more expensiveFebruary 20, 2017
- China’s economy is dangerously close to unravelingFebruary 20, 2017
- Hitler’s phone sold for almost $250k at US auctionFebruary 20, 2017
- Mark Cuban: Robots will ‘cause unemployment and we need to prepare for it’February 20, 2017
- A 31-year-old millionaire who’s read 360 personal finance books shares his favoriteFebruary 20, 2017
- 3 mistakes you want to avoid with your bond portfolioFebruary 20, 2017
- Japan is the cheapest stock market in the developed worldFebruary 20, 2017
- China and Shadow Financing | Mark MobiusFebruary 20, 2017
- An important psychological shift is taking place in the US economyFebruary 20, 2017
- 4 questions to ask yourself to make sure you get the most out of your travel rewards cardFebruary 20, 2017
- Here’s when you should — and shouldn’t — hire a financial plannerFebruary 20, 2017
- 10 jobs that will make you happy and richFebruary 20, 2017
- The 22 best places to live in America if you want to make a lot of moneyFebruary 20, 2017
- This is the greatest Corvette ever – and it’s only $70,000February 20, 2017
- Jose Cuervo Goes Public, Makes Billionaires Out Of Tequila Industry PioneersFebruary 20, 2017
- The Most Successful Hedge Funds In The World Right NowFebruary 20, 2017
- Oprah Sold A Painting For $150 Million Last YearFebruary 20, 2017
- The Yankees Are Paying Alex Rodriguez More Than $100,000 Per Day Not To Play… So They Invited Him To Spring TrainingFebruary 20, 2017
- British territory seizes Russian billionaire’s super-yachtFebruary 20, 2017
- A Billionaire’s Party Is a Lens on Wealth in the Trump Era | BusinessMirrorFebruary 20, 2017
- Snap Co-Founder Spiegel Inches Closer to $588 Million PaydayFebruary 20, 2017
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics