Join our Email List!
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
- Brent steady below $60, heads for fourth weekly decline as oversupply persists December 18, 2014SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Brent crude held below $60 a barrel near a 5-1/2-year low on Friday as a global oversupply of oil showed little sign of receding, even as companies cut upstream investments next year.
- Thai Union Frozen to buy North American tuna firm Bumble Bee for $1.5 billion December 18, 2014BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai Union Frozen Products PCL , the world's largest canned tuna producer, said on Friday it has signed an agreement to acquire 100 percent of North American tuna company Bumble Bee Foods for $1.51 billion from a private equity firm.
- China 2013 GDP revision won't affect growth this year December 18, 2014BEIJING (Reuters) - China has revised up the estimated size of its economy for 2013 by 3.4 percent to 58.8 trillion yuan ($9.5 trillion), the National Bureau of Statistics said on Friday, but said the revision will not affect economic growth this year.
- U.S. to sell final $1.25 billion shares of Ally Financial from bailout December 18, 2014(Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department will sell its remaining 54.9 million shares of Ally Financial Inc acquired under the government's bailout of the auto lender, Ally said on Thursday.
- Unilever drops mayonnaise suit against Just Mayo maker December 18, 2014(Reuters) - Unilever Plc's U.S. division said it has withdrawn its lawsuit against food startup Hampton Creek over false advertising and unfair competition related to its Just Mayo product.
- China 2013 GDP revision won't affect growth this year December 18, 2014BEIJING (Reuters) - China has revised up the estimated size of its economy for 2013 by 3.4 percent to 58.8 trillion yuan ($9.5 trillion), the National Bureau of Statistics said on Friday, but said...
- BOJ stands pat, offers brighter view on economy December 18, 2014TOKYO (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan kept monetary settings unchanged on Friday and offered a more upbeat view on the economy, signaling that no immediate expansion of stimulus was on the horizon.
- Japan's Amari: weak yen, falling oil prices good for economy December 18, 2014TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Friday that a weak yen is benefiting the country's exporters and that a fall in oil prices is also good for the economy.
- Asian stocks extend bounce on Wall Street, Fed cheer December 18, 2014SYDNEY (Reuters) - Japanese stocks led Asian markets higher on Friday, after Wall Street boasted its biggest two-day advance since late 2011 amid relief the Federal Reserve was in no rush to start...
- Russian ruble weakens as traders see no major measures in Putin speech December 18, 2014MOSCOW (Reuters) - The ruble weakened against the dollar and euro on Thursday with traders saying President Vladimir Putin had so far offered no concrete measures to pull Russia out of a crisis at...
- Alternative lenders are hot -- especially among millennials December 18, 2014With two recent IPOs and a digitally-inclined audience of entrepreneurs, non-traditional financing could finally get its big break.
- Reddit cofounder: The next Google is one visa away from leaving U.S. December 18, 2014Read full story for latest details.
- Oprah-approved startup raises $6.25 million December 17, 2014News startup The Skimm announced a new round of funding, 1 million active readers, and plans to expand into a 'lifestyle brand.'
- Cow farmers get high-tech tracking app December 17, 2014Brazilian startup BovControl is turning cows into data with a mobile app.
- Google Ventures: less Ubers, more health care December 16, 2014The venture capital investment arm of the tech giant has quadrupled its funding of life sciences and health startups this year.
- Mortgage rates hit a new low for the year December 18, 2014Amid falling gas prices and investor nervousness, the average rate for a 30-year fixed-rate loan fell to 3.8%, a rate not seen since May 2013.
- Alternative lenders are hot -- especially among millennials December 18, 2014Read full story for latest details.
- Payday lenders throw millions at powerful politicians to get their way December 18, 2014Payday lenders are spending millions of dollars in Washington in an attempt to get powerful politicians on their side as a government crackdown on the industry heats up.
- Re-gifting is fine... if you follow these rules December 18, 2014Etiquette experts say re-gifting is generally considered acceptable, as long as you follow these rules.
- Toyota has best value: Consumer Reports December 18, 2014Read full story for latest details.
- NBA confirms L.A. Clippers sale to ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer May 30, 2014Donald Sterling sues the NBA for damages and demands to be reinstated as owner.
- FBI and SEC probe into Carl Icahn and golfer Phil Mickelson May 30, 2014Authorities are looking into the potenial insider trading.
- Google launches "right to be forgotten" service in Europe May 30, 2014Now European citizens can request to have search results removed.
- Five crazy things Steve Ballmer has done May 30, 2014In light of Ballmer placing the highest bid on an NBA team in history on Thursday, here are some of his wackiest actions and greatest hits.
- Zuckerberg's latest donation reawakens concerns over mixed results in Newark May 30, 2014Facebook founder and his wife donate $120 million to Bay Area schools, claim to have learned from previous gift to Newark, N.J. schools.
- Avon fined for bribing Chinese officials with Gucci bags December 18, 2014Beauty goods company Avon has been fined $135 million by the SEC for bribing Chinese officials with luxury goods -- everything from Gucci bags to Tiffany pens.
- Russia crisis hurts these brands the most December 18, 2014Read full story for latest details.
- Uber agrees to temporarily suspend service in Portland December 18, 2014Uber is standing down for the next three months in Portland, just one of the cities where it has run into trouble.
- Top 1%: What they made, what they paid December 18, 2014Read full story for latest details.
- Toyota's futuristic, freaky fuel-cell car December 18, 2014Toyota's new Mirai hydrogen fuel cell vehicle is worth a good, serious look. It won't be easy, though. While hydrogen fuel cell cars are mired in controversy, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on about this one.
- FOREX-Yen slips vs dollar, euro as risk sentiment improves December 18, 2014* BOJ maintains massive stimulus as expected, Kuroda presser eyed
- BOJ stands pat, offers brighter view on economy December 18, 2014TOKYO, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan kept monetary settings unchanged on Friday and offered a more upbeat view on the economy, signalling that no immediate expansion of stimulus was on the...
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks extend bounce on Wall St, Fed cheer December 18, 2014* Swiss central bank imposes negative rates to restrain franc
- FOREX-Yen edges down vs dollar, euro as sentiment improves; BOJ awaited December 18, 2014* BOJ set to maintain massive stimulus, Kuroda presser eyed
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks catch Wall St tailwind December 18, 2014* Swiss central bank imposes negative rates to restrain franc
- Dow soars more than 400 points December 18, 2014Stocks soared for a second straight day with the Dow topping 400 points for the first time since November 2011 and the S&P 500 posting its biggest jump since January 2013. Leah Duncan reports.
- Mixed reviews on Sony movie cut December 18, 2014Sony's controversial decision to cancel the release of "The Interview", is getting mixed reviews- some saying they had no choice- but others fearful of the broader consequences to hollywood. Bobbi Rebell reports.
- EZ leaders grapple with economy, Russia December 18, 2014Ahead of the last summit of European leaders this year, German chancellor Angela Merkel warns there's no quick and simple fix to the euro zone crisis. The economy is top of a heavy agenda for the two-day meeting, as is the possibility of further sanctions against Russia. Joel Flynn reports.
- I give Sony Pictures leadership a "D"-Mike Paul December 18, 2014Reputation consultant Mike Paul, President of Reputation Doctor LLC, says the current crisis at Sony is a failure of leadership, and a change is needed. Bobbi Rebell reports.
- Breakingviews: Biotech bonanza December 18, 2014Robert Cyran and Reynolds Holding discuss Juno Therapeutics' IPO and the prospects for its cancer drug as well as other promising technologies in the booming sector.
Post Tagged with: "Betty Liu"
Buffett Grandson: Our Plans to Change the World Sept. 17, 2013 (Bloomberg) — Howard W. Buffett, executive director of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, talks about his public management class at Columbia University and new book “40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World.” Buffett is the son of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Director Howard Buffett and grandson of Chairman Warren Buffett. He speaks with Betty Liu on Bloomberg Television’s “In the Loop.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Three Generations of Buffett: We’re the Lucky Ones Oct. 23, 2013 (Bloomberg) — Together on set for a Bloomberg First, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Warren Buffett, his son Howard Buffett and grandson Howard W. Buffett join Bloomberg’s Betty Liu to discuss philanthropy, their plans for Berkshire Hathaway, and their new book “40 Chances.” They speak on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”
Jorge Paulo Lemann: Meet the Burger, Beer Brazillionaire – Finance Expert Aug. 29, 2013 (Bloomberg) — Bloomberg’s Alexander Cuadros examines the wealth Brazilian billionaire Jorge Paulo Lemann, the former professional tennis player who built his fortune on some very well-known American brands. He speaks on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”
Jaguar’s $1.5M Bugatti Challenger: First Look June 28 (Bloomberg) – -In today’s “Movers & Shakers,” Bloomberg’s Betty Liu offers a sneak peek at Jaguar’s $1.5 million C-X75, a concept hybrid car named in honor of Jaguar’s 75th anniversary. She speaks on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”
How Long Do You Need to Work to Buy a New Car? Jan. 3, 2013 (Bloomberg) — In today’s “Single Best Chart,” Bloomberg’s Scarlet Fu displays the weeks of median income needed to buy a new car. She speaks on Bloomberg Television‘s “Bloomberg Surveillance.”
The Billionaire in a Hoodie: Mark Zuckerberg Dec. 21, 2012 (Bloomberg) — Bloomberg’s Matt G. Miller and Betty Liu looks at how much Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is worth. They speak on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.” (Source: Bloomberg)
Billionaire Countdown: Adelson’s Casino Riches Dec. 20, 2012 (Bloomberg) — On today’s “Bloomberg Billionaires Index,” Betty Liu profiles Sheldon Adelson, the casino mogul who also dabbles in politics. She speaks on Bloomberg Television‘s “Lunch Money.”
Slim Faces Fat Restrictions on Mobile Empire Dec. 4, 2012 (Bloomberg) — Bloomberg’s Betty Liu reports that Carlos Slim, the world’s richest person, is facing a backlash from some Latin American countries as authorities rein in his expanding mobile-phone empire with heavy regulations. She speaks on Bloomberg Television‘s “In The Loop.”
Family Office Newswire
The #1 Family Office Newswire That Empowers Family Dynasties. Over 6,400 Posts and growing rapidly with relevant topics!
Learn from Billionaires How To Handle Your Family Wealth.
UHNW Wealth Newswire
The #1 UHNW Wealth Newswire For Living Your Dreams. Over 3,400 Posts on important topics that show you the Secrets of Accumulating and Preserving Wealth!
Family Business Newswire
The #1 Family Business Newswire That Helps You Move From Success to Significance. Over 3,200 Posts On Key Factors To Build A Profitable and Sustainable Business!
The #1 Philanthropist Newswire For Leaving A Legacy From The Heart. Check out the latest trends in philanthropy today. Also. learn why some of the greatest philanthropists in history believe in gratitude and giving!
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
- Your Personality and Your Brain | Scott Schwefel December 15, 2014
- Unleashing the Power of Philosophy | Patrick Gentempo December 15, 2014
- How to Grow Talent You Weren’t Born With | Russell Falstead December 15, 2014
- The Simple Power of One Breath | Jonathan Winn December 15, 2014
- The Most Polluted Generation | Penelope Jagessar Chaffer December 15, 2014
- Tom Petters Net Worth December 18, 2014Tom Petters Net Worth: Tom Petters is an American businessman who has a net worth of $50 thousand. Tom Petters was born in St. Cloud, Minnesota in July 1957. He was the chairman and CEO of Petters Group Worldwide but was convicted of massive business fraud in 2009. Petters is imprisoned at the United States […]
- Martin Cummins Net Worth December 18, 2014Martin Cummins Net Worth: Martin Cummins is a Canadian actor who has a net worth of $500 thousand. Martin Cummins was born in North Delta, British Columbia, Canada in November 1969. Cummins is best known for his role as Ames White in the TV series Dark Angel. Martin studied at the Vancouver Actors Studio. He […]
- Buddy Nielsen Net Worth December 18, 2014Buddy Nielsen Net Worth: Buddy Nielsen is an American singer and musician who has a net worth of $300 thousand. Buddy Nielsen is best known as the lead vocalist for the post-hardcore band Senses Fail. Senses Fail formed in 2002 in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Nielsen is the only original member of the band still remaining. […]
- Donald Goines Net Worth December 18, 2014Donald Goines Net Worth: Donald Goines was an African-American writer who had a net worth of $500 thousand. Donald Goines was born in Detroit, Michigan in December 1936 and passed away in October 1974. Goines wrote urban fiction and his novels were greatly influenced by the work of Iceberg Slim. Goines lied about his age […]
- Brooke Anderson Net Worth December 18, 2014Brooke Anderson Net Worth and salary: Brooke Anderson is an American television correspondent who has a net worth of $2 million. Brooke Anderson was born in Savannah, Georgia in May 1978. Anderson is a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight since 2013. She was formerly a co-host of The Insider and was a culture and entertainment anchor […]
- Washington governor pushes capital gains tax in face of budget gap December 18, 2014SEATTLE (Reuters) - Washington state Governor Jay Inslee on Thursday proposed a new tax on capital gains to try to close a projected budget shortfall of more than $2 billion, rolling back on a...
- U.S.-based emerging market stock funds see $831 million outflows in week: Lipper December 18, 2014NEW YORK (Reuters) - Investors in U.S.-based funds pulled $831 million out of emerging market stock funds through the week ended Dec. 17, the third straight week of ouflows, data from Thomson...
- U.S.-based emerging market stock funds see $831 mln outflows in week -Lipper December 18, 2014NEW YORK (Reuters) - Investors in U.S.-based funds pulled $831 million out of emerging market stock funds through the week ended Dec. 17, data from Thomson Reuters' Lipper service showed on Thursday.
- Schwab's Clendening leaving with more than $5.2 mln package December 18, 2014NEW YORK (Reuters) - John Clendening, the former co-head of Charles Schwab Corp's retail brokerage business, will collect a cash payment of $5.17 million as part of a separation agreement he signed...
- Wherever you go, there you are December 18, 2014(Reuters) - Here is the thing about investing: wherever you go, there you are.
- ETF Trader: Stock market in a giving mood December 18, 2014Nothing in this week’s reports derails Jim Lowell’s view of and for slow and reasonable economic growth.
- Mutual Funds Weekly: How Colbert’s ‘truthiness’ hit home with investors December 18, 2014Stephen Colbert broadcasts his final show tonight, and viewers can only give “The Colbert Report” a tip of the hat for being the award-winning investing advice program it is.
- Personal Finance Daily: The 12 bottles of Christmas, how to avoid airline fees December 18, 2014The bottles of booze you should gift this holiday season, and how to avoid baggage fees.
- This Corvette is faster than Hellcat, Ferrari, McLaren December 18, 2014The new 2015 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z06 will come out of the box with wicked fast performance times.
- 6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough December 18, 2014Companies are looking for employees in these areas.