Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Beliefs"
Everyday life is impossible without holding your own set of beliefs. Just because belief exists silently doesn’t make it less powerful. Most people
BELIEFS: They Choose Me and I Choose Them by Dr.Bill DeMarco Beliefs are one of three segments of the Values element of my Culture Model. Beliefs, along with Needs and Attitudes, taken separately and in their interaction, make up our unique Values proposition. Beliefs are ideas viewed as being true by most members of a society. This applies to personal, societal, and organizational cultures alike. Our Beliefs come from two sources. In some inexplicable way, they are partly given to us by everything and everyone that came before us and partly developed through our life experiences. In this sense, they both choose us and we choose them. Our core or fundamental beliefs are the inexplicable kind. Our life experiences commingle with our core beliefs throughout our lives constantly calling out for reappraisal/ revalidation/ (re)commitment. At a fundamental level, we are in search of truths about the meaning of life, love, and happiness. It is what Jefferson described in the U.S. Declaration of Independence as “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”. Since our beliefs represent our understanding of the meaning of truth in important aspects of our lives, they are most often refined but rarely significantly changed. From a cultural standpoint, the important thing to remember is that Beliefs are ideas viewed by individuals/most members of a society as being true. While constantly subject to reappraisal/revalidation/(re)commitment, Beliefs frequently act as cultural hot spots when challenged. To a large extent, this explains the reason for the personal and societal conflict between traditional religious and secular beliefs, both belief systems capable of profoundest impact. The former calls for personal sacrifice in support of a higher calling. The latter debunks sacrifice and supports a notion of personal gratification here and now. This plays itself out in the business world as well. A business world corollary has always been the company-specific belief system informally described as “how things are done around here”. It defines what is important, what it takes to get ahead, what it takes to continue to be employed. For many employees today, personal core beliefs about the meaning of life and happiness are being challenged, leading to what I call cultural decision-making “moments of truth”. Two metaphors at polar opposites of the Belief spectrum: 1. Supremacy of Scientific Knowledge! Image number one is a metaphor for a belief system that says that there is truth only in scientific knowledge. It likely supports a bottom-line first business culture. 2. Supremacy of a Supreme Being! Image number two is a metaphor for a belief system that says there is a Supreme Being, the Creator of all things and the source of all truth. It likely supports a people-first business culture. ___________________________________________________________________________ Some Contemporary Philosophical/Religious/Business Belief Systems & Movements Anarchism Atheism Baha’i Behaviourism Buddhism Capitalism Christianity Communism Confucianism Creationism Environmentalism Evolution Feminism […]
/ Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Character, Choices, Destiny, Goals, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Life Mastery Resources, Passion, Philosophy, Preserverance, Productivity, Prosperity, Purpose, Quotes, Significance, Success
It does not matter where you start. Spread your wings and fly – Sue Krebs
You must believe that you will win somehow, someway – Roger Staubach
Oprah says many people are held back from becoming who they were meant to be by shadow beliefs and feelings of unworthiness. Watch as she encourages you to find your true purpose in the world.
“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” Marie Curie “Mind is the Master power that molds and makes. And man is mind and evermore he takes the tool of thought, and, shaping what he wills, brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills – he thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking glass.” James Allen “Your beliefs…form your reality, shaping your life and all its conditions.” Jane Roberts “The real distinction is between those who adopt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in light of their purposes.” Henry Kissinger “You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration.” James Allen “The only source of knowledge is experience.” Albert Einstein “Dreams are the seedlings of reality.” James Allen “Undoubtedly, we become what we envisage.” Claude M. Bristol “You form the fabric of your experience through your own beliefs and expectations. These personal ideas about yourself and the nature of reality will affect your thoughts and emotions. You take your beliefs about reality as truth and often do not question them. They seem self-explanatory. They appear in your mind as statements of fact, far too obvious for examination. Therefore they are accepted without question too often. They are not recognized as beliefs about reality, but are instead considered characteristics of reality itself. Frequently such ideas appear indisputable, so a part of you that it does not occur to (will not) speculate about their validity. They become invisible assumptions, but they nevertheless color and form your personal experience.” Jane Roberts “The law of cause and effect works with or without consent or deliberate knowledge, although conscious participation and readiness greatly enhance the built-in rewards.” Glenda Green
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The Oldest Billionaires In The World Right NowMarch 26, 2017
- The Youngest Billionaires In The World Right NowMarch 26, 2017
- Universal Basic Income Will Help Us Level the Economic Playing FieldMarch 26, 2017
- Which countries are achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals fastest?March 26, 2017
- Age discrimination is still a real problem, and it’s worst for womenMarch 26, 2017
- These entrepreneurs have endorsed universal basic incomeMarch 26, 2017
- This is the damage you can cause if you know too muchMarch 26, 2017
- What science fiction tells us about the citizens of the futureMarch 26, 2017
- These are the places where people are most optimistic for their children’s futureMarch 26, 2017
- These billionaire philanthropists are using satellites to help end global problemsMarch 26, 2017
- China’s approach to eradicating povertyMarch 26, 2017
- The world’s energy is getting cleaner and cheaper — but not quickly enoughMarch 26, 2017
- More than 2 million people die at work each year. Here’s how to prevent itMarch 26, 2017
- The key to responsible and responsive leadership – the humanitiesMarch 26, 2017
- Walt Disney Kept A Tragic Secret – And You Can See It In His FilmsMarch 26, 2017
- Klaus Schwab: We need a new narrative for globalizationMarch 26, 2017
- 3 things countries need to do today for an energy-secure futureMarch 26, 2017
- 4 ways to close the inequality gap in the Fourth Industrial RevolutionMarch 26, 2017
- Denmark has the best work-life balance. Here’s whyMarch 26, 2017
- The Allure of Shiny Gold JewelryMarch 26, 2017
- A Psychiatrist Who Survived The Holocaust Explains Why Meaningfulness Matters More Than HappinessMarch 25, 2017
- The Role of Gender in Entrepreneurship Today (Infographic)March 25, 2017
- 8 Social Media Secrets Every Entrepreneur Should KnowMarch 25, 2017
- 10 Fundamental Truths That Will Change Your LifeMarch 25, 2017
- How Small Business Owners Can Avoid Sears’s Fatal MistakeMarch 25, 2017
- 7 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Do Before 7 a.m.March 25, 2017
- How She Built a $50 Million Postcard EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- Dubai just opened the world’s largest indoor theme park (It cost $1 billion)March 25, 2017
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics