Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Baby boomer"
How you understand time determines your destiny? by Enzo Calamo Your time is your greatest asset! Whatever your age, you ONLY have a limited number of Birthdays, Christmas Holidays, and weekends. Furthermore, for Baby Boomers, most of these special days are in the past rather than in front of them. The biggest challenge that I encounter when talking with people is that they understand this concept of limited time but they only view time as linear. Linear time starts at birth and ends at death. Throughout history, time only keeps moving forward. As a result, for the majority of people, memories and regrets are located in the past while hopes and dreams are for the future. However, linear time is just one form of time. There are several other ways to view time which are much more beneficial and productive for your life. The following are just a few examples: PRESENT TIME: All that anyone can count upon is the current moment. Therefore, a better view of time management is non-linear. Either you DO something NOW or not! If you do not do something now, then you will NEVER do it, you must DELEGATE it to someone else to do it now, or you SCHEDULE the action for a future time. Furthermore, with the advances in technology today, you may be able to delegate your task to a system or process that will accomplish your objectives simultaneously as you do something else. CIRCULAR TIME: All of us are aware of the four seasons in the year but we ignore the life cycles in our lives. Just because something in your life is going well or not, it does not mean that it will continue the same way forever (this is a linear thought mentality). LEVERAGED TIME: By aligning your time, talents, and treasures to accomplish your life purposes, there is the ability to leverage your time to accomplish multiple goals at the same time. For example, if you use your money to bring in a housecleaner on the weekend, you can spend your time to workout, shop, or to do some other important task in your life. For most wealthy families that I work with at Lugen Family Office, understanding how leveraged time works is by far their most important advantage over the average person. I strongly recommend that you pay attention to how you view your time since your present choices are determining your destiny and your life story. As John Wooden said, “If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”
/ Boomers, Business Succession, Entrepreneur, Estate Planning, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Next Gen, Planning, Talent Management, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources, Work Life balance
The Generational Leadership Gap More than ever, long standing companies are being faced with the Generational Leadership Gap. The Baby Boomers that founded the company and have run it successfully for decades are having difficulty reaching the younger generations to continue their legacy. With over 10,000 Baby Boomers turning 65 every day in Canada, business leaders must be willing to change their communication styles and methodologies if their organizations are going to survive beyond them.
Baby boomers and social technology A look at how baby boomers are adapting to social media and smart phone technologies. Dan Simon reports.
Click on Capacity for Care to read the article. Before we look at the post-boomers, we need to know that the boomers will keep fundraisers busy at least three more decades. They are wealthier in total and per household than any previous generation and are just now coming into prime giving ages. For now and for several decades, these boomers will increasingly become the prime prospects for charitable giving (both inter vivos and testamentary). They will receive the greatest wealth transfer in history. But a substantially larger transfer wealth will be given by them than was given to them.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
- How Great Leaders Pull and Push To SuccessFebruary 19, 2017
- Four Telltale Signs of a Disconnected OrganizationFebruary 19, 2017
- When Leaders Toss The ScriptFebruary 19, 2017
- Valentine’s Special: Better Halves Of The Best CEOs In The WorldFebruary 19, 2017
- Want to Be More Productive? Start By Scrapping Your To-Do ListFebruary 19, 2017
- Ten top RRSP questions answered – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- We know what women entrepreneurs need. So let’s get on with it. – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- Canadians Looking For Love Online Lost Millions To Scams In 2016February 19, 2017
- EU Approves Trade Deal With CanadaFebruary 19, 2017
- Business Council Urges Trudeau To Shield Canada From Trump’s AgendaFebruary 19, 2017
- We took a 1,000-horsepower electric luxury sedan for a spin on the streets of Silicon ValleyFebruary 19, 2017
- Meet the bankers working on a potential nearly $250 billion megamergerFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans have $12.58 trillion of debt — here’s what it looks likeFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans are facing a $50 billion headwind | 02/16/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 19, 2017
- What is a smart kid in the age of the smart machine?February 19, 2017
- A Wall Street performance coach who’s consulted on Showtime’s ‘Billions’ says too many people have the same misconception about successFebruary 19, 2017
- RANKED: The 21 most expensive holiday destinations on the planetFebruary 19, 2017
- Here’s who is going to get rich from the Snap IPOFebruary 19, 2017
- China will suspend all coal imports from North Korea after Pyongyang’s missile testFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump is in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to the stock marketFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump isn’t adjusting well to life in the White House — he’s reportedly experiencing ‘cabin fever’February 19, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Women Should Join a Coworking Space TodayFebruary 18, 2017
- (Social) Mission Accomplished: 6 Female Founders on Raising Capital With a Triple Bottom LineFebruary 18, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s 3 Top Pieces of Advice for EntrepreneursFebruary 18, 2017
- 4 Ways Parents Can Foster an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Their DaughtersFebruary 18, 2017
- 7 Ways Women Leaders Can Excel at Being Their Authentic SelvesFebruary 18, 2017
- New Study Finds the Global Gender Pay Gap Won’t Be Closed Until 2186February 18, 2017
- The One Thing This Entrepreneur Does Each Day to Stay ProductiveFebruary 18, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Is on the Rise (Infographic)February 18, 2017
- Heartland Entrepreneur: 1 Woman’s Journey to Global Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- For Those Women Looking to Get Into the C-Suite, This Unlikely Industry Is for YouFebruary 18, 2017
- Women Won’t Have Equal Numbers of Board Seats Until 2055, New Study FindsFebruary 18, 2017
- The Four Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Ask Themselves To Achieve Success in 2017February 18, 2017
- Despite Bias, Women Entrepreneurs Are an Enormous Economic ForceFebruary 18, 2017
- How Women Entrepreneurs Can Use Execution for Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- 6 Surprising Income Investments Yielding 5% or MoreFebruary 18, 2017
- More Bullish, Schwab Investors Are On The Prowl For StocksFebruary 18, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics