Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Arts"
The Mayfair Set episode 1- Who Pays Wins – Lugen Family Office
The power of words: Grace Taylor – Lugen Family Office
Succession Planning for a Family Business
The power of pictures and stories: Janine Underhill As the visual storyteller of TEDxCrestmoorParkED, Janine Underhill kicked off the event by sharing the power of storytelling, how she believes we have 8 seconds to capture the hearts and minds of kids and challenged the audience to ask the provocative questions and to continue the journey of sharing stories from the event.
H. Rafael Chacón- What My Genes Tell Me Art Historian H. Rafael Chacón talks about how an academic exercise turned into a personal journey when he had his DNA sequenced by the National Geographic Geno 2.0 project. Rafael is professor of Art History and Criticism in the School of Art at the University of Montana. A specialist on renaissance and baroque art, Rafael teaches a range of topical courses on the history of art and art criticism. His academic interests lie in the ways societies articulate their most profound values through art; in particular he researches, lectures and writes about architectural history and historic preservation.
Abha Dawesar: Life in the “digital now” One year ago, Abha Dawesar was living in blacked-out Manhattan post-Sandy, scrounging for power to connect. As a novelist, she was struck by this metaphor: Have our lives now become fixated on the drive to digitally connect, while we miss out on what’s real? Abha Dawesar writes to make sense of the world — herself included WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Abha Dawesar began her writing career as an attempt to understand herself — at age 7. It’s a goal that remains at the center of her work: Sensorium, her most recent novel,explores the nature of time, self, and uncertainty, using Hindu mythology and modern science as prisms. “At a very basic level, writing was always my way of apprehending the world,” she has said. Dawesar moved from India to the United States to study at Harvard, and Delhi appears at the center of her novels Family Values and Babyji. But the oversimplified genres of immigrant fiction or ethnic fiction do not appeal to her. “Those looking for a constant South Asian theme or Diaspora theme or immigrant theme will just be disappointed in the long run from my work,” she has said. “The only label I can put up with is that of a writer. And my ideas come from everywhere.”
psych-quotes: Types Of Love Love, while wonderful, isn’t black and white, and it sure isn’t simple. There are lots of different types of love and we experience different types with the various people in our lives. Here are the types of love: · Romantic Love. This is often what people think of when they first think about love. Romantic love occurs between two people who are in a relationship and care deeply for each other. They are attracted to each other as friends, as well as physically and emotionally. Romantic love is the love we feel for our partners, and is often accompanied by things like butterflies in our stomach or thinking about them all the time. · Companionate Love. This is the kind of love we feel for our friends and we can also feel it with our partners as they grow into being our best friends. Companionate love is emotional and spiritual but lacks the physical aspect that romantic love has. With companionate love we care deeply about someone, love the way they contribute to our lives and want to see them happy. We are comfortable with them and have a routine of being together that bring happiness and comfort to both parties. · Unconditional Love. This is the type of love that we feel with our families, or in some cases, with very good friends. Unconditional love means that we will never stop loving someone, even if they hurt or disappoint us. When we love someone unconditionally there is no worry breaking up because the love is forever. Read More
Writing Our Way Out of Trouble: Sue Reynolds The results of 25 years of research strongly indicates that writing down what distresses and dismays us not only makes us feel better – it improves our resistance to physical illness, decreases the symptoms of anxiety and depression, improves our sleep patterns, as well as providing a host of other benefits. This promising psycho-social intervention is available 24/7 to anyone with a modicum of literacy. Sue Reynolds will talk about her work facilitating creative writing with female inmates in the Provincial Corrections system, and about how the protocols for writing for health can help all of us in times of trouble. BIO: Susan Lynn Reynolds is a freelance writer, an accredited writing instructor in the Amherst Writers and Artists’ method, former president of the Writers’ Community of Durham Region (WCDR) and former vice-chair of the national organization Canadian Creative Writers and Writing Programs. Her YA novel won the Canadian Library Association’s national Young Adult Novel of the Year award, and she is also a winner of the Timothy Findley Creative Writing Prize for her short stories and poetry. She is currently practicing psychotherapy under supervision towards the fulfillment of the requirements for her license as a psychotherapist. Her area of specialty is the therapeutic use of journaling and memoir, and her thesis on that topic received the Canadian Psychological Association’s Award of Academic Excellence. She has been leading writing workshops for female inmates at Central East Correctional Centre for six years and she received the June Callwood Award for Outstanding Volunteerism for that program.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- 13 Things Your Business Needs to Automate Right NowFebruary 26, 2017
- Five Signs You’re Successful — Whether You Know It Or NotFebruary 26, 2017
- Jessica Mah Shares Her 5 Best Pieces of Advice for Women EntrepreneursFebruary 26, 2017
- What I Learned From Mentoring Startups in the World’s Best AcceleratorsFebruary 26, 2017
- Why your Startup should take 4–6 weeks to launch, not 4–6 monthsFebruary 26, 2017
- 7 Critical Questions Every Start-Up Entrepreneur Must AnswerFebruary 26, 2017
- Startup essentials: What’s the difference between growth marketing and growth hacking?February 26, 2017
- OMERS sees 10.3% investment return in 2016 – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Warren Buffett says investors should stick with index funds – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Canadians contributed less to TFSAs in 2016, survey finds – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Personal Investor: Health costs and taxes draining retirement nest eggs – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Personal Investor: How to become a millionaire at 65 – Article – BNNFebruary 26, 2017
- Self-made millionaire: Here are 3 things rich people do differentlyFebruary 26, 2017
- How this self-made millionaire got rich by ‘chasing mammoths’February 26, 2017
- Forever Broke: 15 Things Holding You Back From Becoming a Multi-MillionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- How this self-made millionaire started a classic car empire out of his garageFebruary 26, 2017
- 4 lessons you can learn from America’s first female self-made millionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- Self-made millionaire: ‘Most people should not be going to college’February 26, 2017
- 30-year-old self-made millionaire: This is how to make your family smarter about moneyFebruary 26, 2017
- Self-made millionaire: Here are the 2 rules I follow to ‘have it all’February 26, 2017
- The practical, unsexy steps it takes to actually become a millionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- 31-year-old millionaire who saves 50% of his income shares his No. 1 money-saving tipFebruary 26, 2017
- A startup sale made this low-level employee into an Indian millionaireFebruary 26, 2017
- Millionaire who works 95 hours a week shares how he avoids burnoutFebruary 26, 2017
- What to do in your 20s to become a millionaire, from the author of ‘I Will Teach You To Be Rich’February 26, 2017
- Jackie Chan calls America ‘most corrupt country in the world’February 26, 2017
- Warren Buffett upbeat on US business growth – BBC NewsFebruary 26, 2017
- Hiding Assets In Kids’ Companies Results In Denial Of Discharge In CorkFebruary 26, 2017
- Bret Hart Recalls Meeting Donald Trump, Weighs In On Linda McMahon And Sharpshooter FundingFebruary 25, 2017
- One Woman’s Journey From ‘Barefoot Doctor’ To Casino BillionaireFebruary 25, 2017
- 3 Stocks Billionaire Carl Icahn Is Buying — The Motley FoolFebruary 25, 2017
- This is how 5 self-made billionaires beat stressFebruary 25, 2017
- ‘Shark Tank’: The 6 Greatest Lessons After A Year With Billionaire Mark CubanFebruary 25, 2017
- Billionaire Adelson Reaps Benefits From Big Republican DonationsFebruary 25, 2017
- Puff Daddy Says He’s Not Hip Hop’s First Billionaire … YetFebruary 25, 2017
- Cirque Du Soleil Billionaire Guy Laliberte Helps Fight Global Water Crisis With Luxury AuctionFebruary 25, 2017
- Care to bid for Donald Trump’s Ferrari F430 F1 Coupe?February 25, 2017
- Montegrappa’s New Pen Would Make Doctor Strange EnviousFebruary 25, 2017
- The Next Financial Crisis Might Be in Your DrivewayFebruary 25, 2017
- Schwarzman’s $425 Million Payout Leads Private Equity TitansFebruary 25, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics