Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Art"
Luke Syson: How I learned to stop worrying and love “useless” art Luke Syson was a curator of Renaissance art, of transcendent paintings of saints and solemn Italian ladies — serious art. And then he changed jobs, and inherited the Met’s collection of ceramics — pretty, frilly, “useless” candlesticks and vases. He didn’t like it. He didn’t get it. Until one day…. As a curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Luke Syson accesses the richness of European history through sculpture. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Luke Syson joined the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2012 as the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Curator in Charge of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts. This year, he co-curated the small but innovative exhibition “Plain or Fancy? Restraint and Exuberance in the Decorative Arts.” Before joining the Met Syson was Curator of Italian Painting before 1500 and Head of Research at the National Gallery, London. While at the National Gallery, he was curator of the exhibition “Renaissance Siena: Art for a City,” and in 2011 he organized the groundbreaking “Leonardo da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan.” Syson was also one of the curators who organized the acclaimed Enlightenment Gallery at The British Museum and was part of the team that planned the new galleries for Medieval and Renaissance Art at the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Robin Rosenberg, “What is a Superhero” What is a superhero? Everyone knows, right? And yet everyone seems to have a different answer. If asked, most people will say that a superhero is a fictional character with “superhuman” abilities or powers — and one who uses those abilities for the common good. Some might add that superheroes wear costumes. But this is only part of the story. In this innovative collection of essays, renowned psychologist Robin Rosenberg and comics scholar Peter Coogan explore the question “What is a superhero?” from a variety of viewpoints. What is the role of power and superpower? Heroism? The environment? How is the superhero a metaphor? Perhaps most intriguing, what are super villains and why do we need them? These and many other fascinating topics are taken up in this exciting new book. With essays from scholars and commentary by the writers and creators themselves, including exclusive material from Stan Lee, Danny Fingeroth, and their peers, What is a Superhero? is the first volume to provide a true synthesis and reflection of the state of superheroes in our culture today.
/ Alternative Investments, Banking, Behaviour Economics, Capitalism, Economics, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Financing, Investing, Life Insurance, Life Insurance Canada, Millionaires, Money, Money Values, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Real Estate, Retirement, Risk management, True Wealth, Wealth Preservation
Becoming Your Own Banker, The Infinite Banking Concept
Duane Cashin – Inspiring Entrepreneur In business, people often see their environment as competitive and struggle with how to stand out. Those who have heard Duane Cashin see things differently. Duane draws from his 20 plus years of experience as a top salesman and entrepreneur to deliver clear insight on how to effectively differentiate one’s offering in today’s marketplace. Duane shows that people can tap into those things that truly make them unique to get real results. With the perfect blend of storytelling, humor, passion, and straight talk, Duane challenges his audiences to rethink everything from their approach to communicating the unique value of their offering, to their attitudes toward selling and serving. Duane’s analogies, metaphors, and real-life stories combined with his warm and witty style will keep you laughing while you learn sound business and life principles. He will infuse you with a passion for success and leave you with a vision of your higher purpose and a drive to achieve your personal best.
Why I Make Friends with Strangers: Claud Williams A successful businessman that started his media company Starlight Imagery, when he was just an undergraduate at Loughborough University. Currently Claud and his team are working on a new business, The Creative Circle. The Creative Circle provides media services such as photography, video and graphic design for businesses. Throughout our life time we have the opportunity to form thousands of connections with the people around, but everyday we let those opportunities slip away. Claud will be sharing his experiences of life changing relationships which he formed with people he didn’t know, how he did it and why you should do the same.
Ambition Quotes “It is a grand thing to rise in the world. The ambition to do so is the very salt of the earth. It is the parent of all enterprise, and the cause of all improvement.” Anthony Trollope Novelist (1815-1882) “I don’t think about what I have done. I only think of the things I want to do, and I haven’t done.” Martha Graham American Modern Dancer And Choreographer (1894-1991) “Ambition beats genius 99 percent of the time.” Jay Leno Comedian, Televison Host (born 1950) “Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something.” Henry David Thoreau Naturalist, Author, Philosopher (1817-1862) “At twenty-five I should have worn a big red A on my chest; it would have stood for ambition, an ambition so brazen and burning that it would have reduced Hester Prynne’s transgression to pale pink.” Anna Quindlen Journalist, Novelist (born 1953)
Ji-Hae Park: The violin, and my dark night of the soul In her quest to become a world-famous violinist, Ji-Hae Park fell into a severe depression. Only music was able to lift her out again — showing her that her goal needn’t be to play lofty concert halls, but instead to bring the wonder of the instrument to as many people as possible. Ji-Hae Park spreads the joy of classical to music to those who might not otherwise hear it — and in the process shows that you can rock out on the violin. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Ji-Hae Park was on the fast track to violin stardom when she … paused. Why was it simply her goal to be the best violin player in the world? Was there more to music than that? And thus she began to think differently about how to “play” her life. Now — along with playing prestigious concert halls, winning prizes and making a new album for Decca called Baroque in Rock — she makes time to play in hospitals, churches, prisons, anywhere she feels she can reach people with music. Her friendly, entertaining rearrangements of classical music invite new listeners in. She was named The Respected Korean 2010 for her leadership and influence on the national development. She is playing on the Petrus Guarnerius 1735, Venedig on loan from the German Foundation (Deutsche-Stiftung- Musikleben) since 2003. “Watching the radiant violin prodigy, one would never guess that at one time she had battled depression and found solace in her music. ” Korean Jo
Shelly Lazarus – Ogilvy & Mather – A Board’s Role and Philanthropy A great Board will help your organization grow and prosper. The Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather discusses the keys to building a great Board, and how Philanthropy today can drive your business forward in the future.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics