Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "Art"
Luke Syson: How I learned to stop worrying and love “useless” art Luke Syson was a curator of Renaissance art, of transcendent paintings of saints and solemn Italian ladies — serious art. And then he changed jobs, and inherited the Met’s collection of ceramics — pretty, frilly, “useless” candlesticks and vases. He didn’t like it. He didn’t get it. Until one day…. As a curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Luke Syson accesses the richness of European history through sculpture. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Luke Syson joined the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2012 as the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Curator in Charge of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts. This year, he co-curated the small but innovative exhibition “Plain or Fancy? Restraint and Exuberance in the Decorative Arts.” Before joining the Met Syson was Curator of Italian Painting before 1500 and Head of Research at the National Gallery, London. While at the National Gallery, he was curator of the exhibition “Renaissance Siena: Art for a City,” and in 2011 he organized the groundbreaking “Leonardo da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan.” Syson was also one of the curators who organized the acclaimed Enlightenment Gallery at The British Museum and was part of the team that planned the new galleries for Medieval and Renaissance Art at the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Robin Rosenberg, “What is a Superhero” What is a superhero? Everyone knows, right? And yet everyone seems to have a different answer. If asked, most people will say that a superhero is a fictional character with “superhuman” abilities or powers — and one who uses those abilities for the common good. Some might add that superheroes wear costumes. But this is only part of the story. In this innovative collection of essays, renowned psychologist Robin Rosenberg and comics scholar Peter Coogan explore the question “What is a superhero?” from a variety of viewpoints. What is the role of power and superpower? Heroism? The environment? How is the superhero a metaphor? Perhaps most intriguing, what are super villains and why do we need them? These and many other fascinating topics are taken up in this exciting new book. With essays from scholars and commentary by the writers and creators themselves, including exclusive material from Stan Lee, Danny Fingeroth, and their peers, What is a Superhero? is the first volume to provide a true synthesis and reflection of the state of superheroes in our culture today.
/ Alternative Investments, Banking, Behaviour Economics, Capitalism, Economics, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Financing, Investing, Life Insurance, Life Insurance Canada, Millionaires, Money, Money Values, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Real Estate, Retirement, Risk management, True Wealth, Wealth Preservation
Becoming Your Own Banker, The Infinite Banking Concept
Duane Cashin – Inspiring Entrepreneur In business, people often see their environment as competitive and struggle with how to stand out. Those who have heard Duane Cashin see things differently. Duane draws from his 20 plus years of experience as a top salesman and entrepreneur to deliver clear insight on how to effectively differentiate one’s offering in today’s marketplace. Duane shows that people can tap into those things that truly make them unique to get real results. With the perfect blend of storytelling, humor, passion, and straight talk, Duane challenges his audiences to rethink everything from their approach to communicating the unique value of their offering, to their attitudes toward selling and serving. Duane’s analogies, metaphors, and real-life stories combined with his warm and witty style will keep you laughing while you learn sound business and life principles. He will infuse you with a passion for success and leave you with a vision of your higher purpose and a drive to achieve your personal best.
Why I Make Friends with Strangers: Claud Williams A successful businessman that started his media company Starlight Imagery, when he was just an undergraduate at Loughborough University. Currently Claud and his team are working on a new business, The Creative Circle. The Creative Circle provides media services such as photography, video and graphic design for businesses. Throughout our life time we have the opportunity to form thousands of connections with the people around, but everyday we let those opportunities slip away. Claud will be sharing his experiences of life changing relationships which he formed with people he didn’t know, how he did it and why you should do the same.
Ambition Quotes “It is a grand thing to rise in the world. The ambition to do so is the very salt of the earth. It is the parent of all enterprise, and the cause of all improvement.” Anthony Trollope Novelist (1815-1882) “I don’t think about what I have done. I only think of the things I want to do, and I haven’t done.” Martha Graham American Modern Dancer And Choreographer (1894-1991) “Ambition beats genius 99 percent of the time.” Jay Leno Comedian, Televison Host (born 1950) “Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something.” Henry David Thoreau Naturalist, Author, Philosopher (1817-1862) “At twenty-five I should have worn a big red A on my chest; it would have stood for ambition, an ambition so brazen and burning that it would have reduced Hester Prynne’s transgression to pale pink.” Anna Quindlen Journalist, Novelist (born 1953)
Ji-Hae Park: The violin, and my dark night of the soul In her quest to become a world-famous violinist, Ji-Hae Park fell into a severe depression. Only music was able to lift her out again — showing her that her goal needn’t be to play lofty concert halls, but instead to bring the wonder of the instrument to as many people as possible. Ji-Hae Park spreads the joy of classical to music to those who might not otherwise hear it — and in the process shows that you can rock out on the violin. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HER? Ji-Hae Park was on the fast track to violin stardom when she … paused. Why was it simply her goal to be the best violin player in the world? Was there more to music than that? And thus she began to think differently about how to “play” her life. Now — along with playing prestigious concert halls, winning prizes and making a new album for Decca called Baroque in Rock — she makes time to play in hospitals, churches, prisons, anywhere she feels she can reach people with music. Her friendly, entertaining rearrangements of classical music invite new listeners in. She was named The Respected Korean 2010 for her leadership and influence on the national development. She is playing on the Petrus Guarnerius 1735, Venedig on loan from the German Foundation (Deutsche-Stiftung- Musikleben) since 2003. “Watching the radiant violin prodigy, one would never guess that at one time she had battled depression and found solace in her music. ” Korean Jo
Shelly Lazarus – Ogilvy & Mather – A Board’s Role and Philanthropy A great Board will help your organization grow and prosper. The Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather discusses the keys to building a great Board, and how Philanthropy today can drive your business forward in the future.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Why Warren Buffett is buying so much of AppleFebruary 23, 2017
- Inside Ivanka Trump’s Campaign for a $500 Billion Child-Care PlanFebruary 23, 2017
- U.K. Millennials Are Badly Paid for Staying With Their JobsFebruary 23, 2017
- If you’d invested $1,000 in these 3 stocks in the 1980s, you’d be a millionaire todayFebruary 23, 2017
- Op-Ed: These emerging markets will get hammered by a US border taxFebruary 23, 2017
- The Trump administration just picked a risky way to define successFebruary 23, 2017
- 3 signs that tell you to sell a mutual fundFebruary 23, 2017
- When mutual funds say no to your moneyFebruary 23, 2017
- 3 checks to ensure good financial healthFebruary 23, 2017
- Rupee hits 15-week high against US dollarFebruary 23, 2017
- VCs anticipate challenges in a still-maturing India marketFebruary 23, 2017
- Melania Trump re-files Daily Mail lawsuit without controversial wording – BBC NewsFebruary 23, 2017
- Sie family donates $12 million for Denver Art Museum renovationsFebruary 23, 2017
- Wealth Snapshot: Breaking Down Jared Kushner And His Family’s $1.8 Billion FortuneFebruary 23, 2017
- Using Reverse Mortgages In A Responsible Retirement Income PlanFebruary 23, 2017
- Michael Jordan’s Private Jet Has An Elephant Print Paint JobFebruary 22, 2017
- The Complicated Billionaire Behind The Dakota Access PipelineFebruary 22, 2017
- Meet The Chinese Billionaire Who Wants To Bring Professional Hockey To ChinaFebruary 22, 2017
- The Value Of The Golden State Warriors Has Increased Exponentially In A Short Amount Of TimeFebruary 22, 2017
- Chance The Rapper Is Turning Down $10 Million Advance Offers Left And RightFebruary 22, 2017
- Tax season is upon us: Here’s what you need to know to complete your returnFebruary 22, 2017
- Only paying the minimum on credit cards and loans is a recipe for trouble, new survey findsFebruary 22, 2017
- Here’s how much money you should have saved at every ageFebruary 22, 2017
- This is a Reagan-like rally and here’s how much higher stocks can go, Ralph Acampora saysFebruary 22, 2017
- The $143 billion flop: How Warren Buffett and 3G lost UnileverFebruary 22, 2017
- These are the most — and least — dependable vehiclesFebruary 22, 2017
- A rare look inside the $21 million ‘Princess’ megayacht that has 5 cabins and a JacuzziFebruary 22, 2017
- Traffic delays will cost the UK economy more than £300 billion by 2030February 22, 2017
- Over 50% of people in the UK think they’d be better off starting a business abroadFebruary 22, 2017
- Diva demands and peeing on seats: Here’s why flight attendants hate working in first and business classFebruary 22, 2017
- Bitcoin is closing in on its all-time highFebruary 22, 2017
- B.C. Liberals’ Pre-Election Budget Cuts Health PremiumsFebruary 22, 2017
- Mumbai Is India’s Richest City With $820 Billion Total Wealth, Delhi Stands 2nd At $450 BillionFebruary 22, 2017
- DesignQ’s Elegante Airplane Interior Is a Mobile Residence for the Jet SetFebruary 22, 2017
- 186-Year-Old Farm Is One of South Africa’s Newest Must-See ResortsFebruary 22, 2017
- Plans Revealed for Couach 38-Meter Lounge Explorer YachtFebruary 22, 2017
- The Ferrari 812 Superfast Is the Most Powerful Prancing Horse Ever ProducedFebruary 22, 2017
- Why Investor Immigrants Are Choosing Canada Over U.S.February 21, 2017
- Richard Branson: To get to the top, hustle like an underdogFebruary 21, 2017
- Here are the places where millionaires are movingFebruary 21, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics