Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Post Tagged with: "3D printing"
Avi Reichental: What’s next in 3D printing Just like his beloved grandfather, Avi Reichental is a maker of things. The difference is, now he can use 3D printers to make almost anything, out of almost any material. Reichental tours us through the possibilities of 3D printing, for everything from printed candy to highly custom sneakers.
Is 3D printing the next industrial revolution? | Herbert Hermens Beginning with the Industrial Revolution Herbert Hermens the impact of industrialisation. He illustrates that 3D printing will have a greater impact, and will lead to benefits for all members of society. Herbert Hermens widely experienced executive whose career has included international operating responsibility extending from sales and marketing management and general management to managing director roles in the industrial, professional and consumer products industries. Career achievements include entering new distribution channels, positioning organisations for sustainable growth and launching new products as well as developing strong business links with key distributors, suppliers and end users
Bastian Schaefer: A 3D-printed jumbo jet? Designer Bastian Schaefer shows off a speculative design for the future of jet planes, with a skeleton inspired by strong, flexible, natural forms and by the needs of the world’s, ahem, growing population. Imagine an airplane that’s full of light and space — and built up from generative parts in a 3D printer. Bastian Schaefer and a team of designers at Airbus have been imagining the high-concept future of the jet airlplane — in a future with less fuel and more passengers. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO HIM? Bastian Schaefer is the Cabin and Cargo Innovation Manager at Airbus Operations — and leads a group of far-thinking engineers who are building out a concept plane. Previously at Airbus, he worked on the development of A380 stairs and components for in-flight entertainment. Between 2006 and 2011 Bastian worked at Bertrand Ingenieurbüro GmbH working on projects with C&D Zodiac Development A350XWB Lavatories, AT Kearney and EADS Technology Watch Consulting. He considers himself a mechanical engineer and has a special interest in cars.
The Future of Manufacturing: Kyle Hermenean Kyle Hermenean is the co-founder of Machina Corp., a company that manufactures 3D Printers with the goal of bringing desktop 3D printing and rapid prototyping to an affordable price. He has a background in software development, having worked for companies such as Nortel and AT&T before moving over to the consumer products business. He splits his time between Edmonton and Calgary growing the public’s awareness of the 2nd industrial revolution found in 3D printing technologies.
3D Printing in Animatronics: Easton LaChappelle How is 3D printing changing the future of prosthetic and animatronic limbs? Tinkering with this new technology 17-year old inventor Easton LaChappelle is creating robotic limbs with strength and dexterity beyond human, and will create new models for custom prosthetics in the not-so-distant future.
Back To The Future – Jochen Hanselmann Jochen Hanselmann is convinced that 3D Printing will be “the third industrial revolution,” and that it will have a similar disruptive impact on our lives as the PC. Imagine a world in which physical products can be sent around the world digitally, then customized for individual needs and produced locally on demand. Jochen will take us there.
Lee Cronin: Print your own medicine Chemist Lee Cronin is working on a 3D printer that, instead of objects, is able to print molecules. An exciting potential long-term application: printing your own medicine using chemical inks. A professor of chemistry, nanoscience and chemical complexity, Lee Cronin and his research group investigate how chemistry can revolutionize modern technology and even create life. WHY SHOULD YOU LISTEN TO HIM? Lee Cronin’s lab at the University of Glasgow does cutting-edge research into how complex chemical systems, created from non-biological building blocks, can have real-world applications with wide impact. At TEDGlobal 2012, Cronin shared some of the lab’s latest work: creating a 3D printer for molecules. This device — which has been prototyped — can download plans for molecules and print them, in the same way that a 3D printer creates objects. In the future, Cronin says this technology could potentially be used to print medicine — cheaply and wherever it is needed. As Cronin says: “What Apple did for music, I’d like to do for the discovery and distribution of prescription drugs.” At TEDGlobal 2011, Cronin shared his lab’s bold plan to create life. At the moment, bacteria is the minimum unit of life — the smallest chemical unit that can undergo evolution. But in Cronin’s emerging field, he’s thinking about forms of life that won’t be biological. To explore this, and to try to understand how life itself originated from chemicals, Cronin and others are attempting to create truly artificial life from completely non-biological chemistries that mimic the behavior of natural cells. They call these chemical cells, or Chells. Cronin’s research interests also encompass self-assembly and self-growing structures — the better to assemble life at nanoscale. At the University of Glasgow, this work on crystal structures is producing a raft of papers from his research group. He says: “Basically one of my longstanding research goals is to understand how life emerged on planet Earth and re-create the process.”
Can a 3D printer make guns? 3D Printers could soon have the ability to make guns — and now Congress could be getting involved. Joe Johns reports.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- What investors are getting all wrong about China, says a top Asian fund managerJanuary 16, 2017
- Pound slides to post-flash-crash lows on ‘hard Brexit’ fearsJanuary 16, 2017
- The maker of Ray Ban is merging with a rival in a €50 billion dealJanuary 16, 2017
- South Korea wants to arrest Samsung’s vice chairman on bribery and embezzlement chargesJanuary 16, 2017
- Merkel hits back at Trump: Europe’s fate is ‘in our own hands’January 16, 2017
- Cutting Cash Would Be a Boon for the World’s Poor, Rogoff SaysJanuary 16, 2017
- Singapore’s MAS Warns of ‘Disastrous’ Effect of Trade ConflictsJanuary 16, 2017
- Just how badly could Trump’s threatened 45% tariff hurt China?January 16, 2017
- The world’s eight richest people have same amount of money as half the world’s poor: OxfamJanuary 16, 2017
- Nicole Kidman Get’s Blackballed By Hollywood After Calling For Americans To Stand With Trump January 16, 2017
- Why The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Stock Is a Must-Own for Income InvestorsJanuary 16, 2017
- Oxfam’s attack on ‘beyond grotesque’ inequality fails to highlight the charitable work of the world’s richest peopleJanuary 16, 2017
- Russian billionaire hires Elton John and Mariah Carey for weddingJanuary 16, 2017
- Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife sues her former personal assistant for £19 millionJanuary 16, 2017
- Germany media giant acquires Hong Kong’s luxury news portal LifestyleAsiaJanuary 16, 2017
- Peter Thiel may be mulling a run for California governor: ReportJanuary 16, 2017
- Who are the 8 richest people? All men, mostly AmericansJanuary 16, 2017
- India’s rising income inequality: Richest 1% own 58% of total wealth – Times of IndiaJanuary 15, 2017
- The richest eight tycoons on the planet are worth as much as the poorest 3.6 billion people, Oxfam claimsJanuary 15, 2017
- The world’s largest asset manager wants to rein in the salaries of top execsJanuary 15, 2017
- 15 things successful people do over 3-day weekendsJanuary 15, 2017
- Britain could become a corporate tax havenJanuary 15, 2017
- This tiny pattern makes it impossible to scan or photocopy moneyJanuary 15, 2017
- China’s currency manipulation could become a global problem in 2017January 15, 2017
- 17 of President Obama’s most inspirational quotesJanuary 15, 2017
- We could be heading for ‘a stock pickers’ paradise’ | 01/14/17 | Markets InsiderJanuary 15, 2017
- Everyone is asking the wrong question about EuropeJanuary 15, 2017
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire To Send Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram To CollegeJanuary 15, 2017
- Ciara Drops Her $15 Million Lawsuit Against FutureJanuary 15, 2017
- How Much Money Will Barack Obama Get From The Presidential Pension?January 15, 2017
- Scarlett Johansson Is The Highest Grossing Actor Of The YearJanuary 15, 2017
- Don’t buy the spin: Trump’s tycoons really will avoid taxesJanuary 14, 2017
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth jumps $5 billion to start 2017 — faster than any other billionaireJanuary 14, 2017
- 10 self-made American billionairesJanuary 14, 2017
- The Countries With The Best And Worst Gender Pay Gap Expectations — And How The U.S. Stacks UpJanuary 14, 2017
- African Billionaire Fortunes Decline On New FORBES List Of The Continent’s RichestJanuary 14, 2017
- Five Ways To Defy Debt CollectorsJanuary 14, 2017
- Russian Billionaires, Including Some Tied To Putin, Have Gained $29 Billion Since Trump’s ElectionJanuary 14, 2017
- Netflix climbs to an all-time high ahead of earningsJanuary 13, 2017
- Family businesses lack succession plansJanuary 13, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics