How To Build a Positive and Sustainable Legacy AND Empower Your Family Dynasty
Welcome to Lugen Family Office, your strategic partner in moving from success to significance.
In a rapidly changing world, where human knowledge is doubling approximately every 12 months, it is vital that you have the best resources available at your fingertips to make wise decisions. According to IBM, the build out of the "internet of things" will lead to the doubling of knowledge even faster - every 12 hours.
The best place to begin our journey together is for you to learn more about our family office by exploring our services and our gold award curated content.
By collaborating with Lugen Family Office, you will align your family and business with the most innovative values based family office in the world. Gain access today to our unique Seven Generation Legacy Process, best of class resources, and our private eco-system of highly respected strategic partners to fulfill your life purpose and leave a positive legacy.
"LFO", as we are affectionately known, can help you make a difference for generations to come.
To Learn How Our Private Family Offices Services Are The Right Fit For You, Your Family, And Your Business, click here.
The role of a family office is to harness the true wealth of a family over multiple generations for the benefit of the family and for society as a whole. A family office must align family interests for the greater good. However, the family office needs independence to empower the unique abilities of each family member so that each person can fulfill their own life purpose.
Why Use A Family Office?
Preventing "Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations"
You may have heard the old proverb, “Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations." What you may not know is that this trend is a global phenomenon. In Japan, the expression goes, "Rice paddies to rice paddies in three generations." In Italy it is, "From the Stables to the Stars to the Stables." The Scottish say, "The father buys, the son builds, the grandchild sells, and his son begs." In Spain, the expression is "Those that don't have it make it, those who have it lose it." In Brazil, the saying goes, "Rich Father, Noble Son, Poor Grandson." In China, "Wealth never survives three generations."
Perhaps the most quoted statistic in the world of family business is this one: 30% of family businesses make it through the second generation, 10-15% make it to the third and 3-5% make it to the fourth generation. Are you really willing to let your family become part of this statistic?
Born Rich: The Children of the Insanely Wealthy
Our Value Proposition Is Simple:
- We utilize a proprietary process to rapidly expand your personal, family, and business vision and capabilities.
- We share with you core principles utilized within our network of UHNW families and multi-generational businesses so that you can easily duplicate positive results quickly.
- We work with your existing team of advisors, while tapping into the strengths of Lugen Family Office’s network, so that you can save time and money while achieving your goals in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- We enhance communication and productivity among your family members, business colleagues, and professionals by discovering, and re-aligning, everyone’s unique abilities so that behaviours are appropriate for achieving your tactical and strategic plans.
- We customize our services and resources to meet your specific family and business needs.
When a parent dies, it's the end. I always wanted to chronicle the family history with my mother. She was always interested in that. I wanted some researchers I'd work with to talk to my mother, but my mother was a little antsy about it. I know she would've gotten into it. It would have been ok with my father too. But I wasn't forceful, and I didn't make it happen. That is one regret I have. I didn't get as much of the family history as I could have for the kids.
What is a family office?
There is not just one definition of a family office. A family office can be a single-family office, a multi-family office, or even a virtual family office. A single-family office typically supports only one family while a multi-family office supports at least two families. As Lugen Family Office is an independent family office, we realize that each family and business is unique! Therefore, we offer several customized family office solutions to meet your specific needs. Some examples of how Lugen Family Office can assist your family and business:
Click on tabs below to learn more....
- Single Family Office
- Multi Family Office
- Business Family Office
- Virtual Family Office
Organizing and Operating Your Single Family Office
Typically for UHNW families worth $250 million plus and seeking to empower a family dynasty.
The Benefits That We Provide:
Our Seven Generation Legacy Process will allow you to:
- Align your current financial affairs with your most important values
- Empower your wealth over multiple generations
- Utilize each family member’s unique abilities to fulfill the family’s agreed upon mission and vision
- Access strategic advice when necessary about economic, market, or legislative changes
- Gain confidence that your wealth will be wisely utilized as you intended
- Engage us to mentor your heirs where necessary
- Have peace of mind that the transition of your wealth will occur responsibly
Fees: Our fee for your single family office is customized to meet your specific projects and needs on a quarterly basis. For your budgeting purposes, your single family office will typically cost about $375,000 USD per quarter to operate or .6% of a $250 million net worth.
Become part of our Multi Family Office Eco-System
Typically For UHNW families worth $100 million plus that want a "Chief Legacy Officer" to oversee and manage their true wealth.
The Benefits That We Provide:
By partnering with Lugen Family Office, we help you integrate your values and your assets so that you can move from success to significance. Our family office will help you:
- Review and organize your financial affairs to assist you with major financial decisions. We take a holistic approach to values based planning.
- Gain access to well established third party money managers to assist you with your investment portfolio
- Learn about our private off market deals
- Have peace of mind that your assets will never be held within Lugen Family Office. You will always remain in control of your own assets, which will be held with independent third party custodians.
Fees: Our fees are customized to meet your specific projects and needs on a quarterly basis. For your budgeting purposes, to operate within a multi family office will typically cost you about $150,000 USD per quarter or about .6% of a $100 million net worth.
Take your business to the next level with a Business Family Office
Typically For businesses with an business EBITDA of $5 million plus that requires business succession, governance, and guidance on all financial and ownership matters.
The Benefits That We Provide:
By collaborating with Lugen Family Office, you will:
- Have confidence
- that we will work alongside your existing management, and your other professionals, to meet your goals
- Educate various family members to understand your family ownership structures and financial statements
- Gain access to Lugen Family Office’s network of experts on business, family, and culture issues
- Better manage any family conflicts
- Train the next generation on leadership and succession plans so as to empower your family business for multiple generations
Fees: Our fees are customized to meet your specific projects and needs on a quarterly basis. For budgeting purposes, your business family office will typically cost about $60,000 USD per quarter to operate.
Create your own private and confidential Virtual Family Office
Typically For HNW families worth $25 million plus, and successful businesses with an EBITDA of $2 million plus, that care about leaving a legacy.
The Benefits That We Provide:
On a project basis, you will:
- Have access to our strategic network of experts that specialize in your area of interest
- Gain confidence that your time, talents, and treasures are making a difference
Fees: Our fees are customized to meet your specific projects and needs on a quarterly basis. For budgeting purposes, your virtual family office, although by invitation only by LFO, will be complimentary to our clients in regard to your setup fees. For budgeting purposes, your operational costs will depend on the scope of your projects on a per quarter basis. Typical fees will range from minimal costs to operate on a per quarter basis to up to $35,000 plus per quarter.
How Do You Engage Lugen Family Office?
- Tell us your story and your desired results. Everything that you discuss with Lugen Family Office will be private and confidential.
- Whatever projects that we agree to work on together will be clearly identified in our Engagement Agreement as a Priority Project.
- Establish your own family office through LFO
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
At Lugen Family Office, we understand that collaboration requires strong relationships. In order for your family office to be successful, the following core principles are the foundation of our work together:
1) Honesty about the known facts
2) Open Communication between approved parties on a per project basis
3) Respect of all parties involved in achieving your outcomes
4) Willingness to listen to others’ opinions
5) All final decisions with be made by you alone
Benefits of the Lugen Family Office Approach…
- Advice is provided with an understanding of how specific objectives align with your family values
- Services are offered to your entire ultra high net-worth family
- Our process ensures that all advisors work together in a coordinated manner toward your goals and dreams based upon your core values.
- Investments and risk management are treated as an integral component of your True Wealth so that you can preserve and grow your overall family net worth.
- Save time and money through a coordinated project management approach that is based upon our unique collaboration model.