Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Values, History and Folklore, are the core elements of culture at a point in time. They are our link to our personal past…handed down to us by all those who came before us. This is true of our ethnic culture, our tribal culture, our national culture, our religious culture, and our personal culture, to name just a few. Since we are the link to our past, we are caretakers of something precious as we hand it down to future generations. Since culture is a living thing, it does change over time, but ever so slowly. Just think about it; there is some behavioral mannerism, belief, perception that you got from an ancestor who lived a hundred or many hundreds of years ago. To use a modern expression, “You are Connected”. There really is nothing new under the sun, other than our choice of what we will do with our cultural inheritance. Since culture is a living phenomenon, we will make our choices and then pass the culture on to future generations, along with our contributions. That is the way it is and that is the way it will continue to be. Image 1: DeMarco Culture Model © 2003 Dr. Bill DeMarco All of this gets us back to our discussion of Values. I described Values as “the unique blend of perceived Needs, Beliefs, and Attitudes that live in the behaviour of most members of a society”. Needs are one of three segments of the Values element of my Culture Model (Image 1). Needs, along with Beliefs and Attitudes, taken separately and in their interaction, make up our unique Values proposition. Within a cultural context, Needs are similar to what Abraham Maslow (Image 2) describes as the fundamental requirements for survival, safety and belonging. They have everything to do with the necessities of the human condition, and nothing to do with a luxury car in the garage, a kitchen with granite counter tops, and two weeks in Saint Kitts! The latter, at the extreme end, has more to do with our image of “Esteem”. Image 2: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Maslow’s work linked Needs to motivation. While his groundbreaking work is still challenged by some, I find his conclusions compelling. Satisfying individual and group needs at the three basic levels in the above image greatly facilitates our ability to incorporate our Beliefs into our Values system. Remember I wrote earlier that if we want to know what our real values are, look at our behaviour and not our words. There is a strong link between our ability to survive and our ability to put our Beliefs into action. Here is a simple exercise that can help identify our real personal needs. It involves reading and reflecting on the bottom three categories of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs (Image 2). Then make a list of what those Needs look like in your life. Put that under a category labeled “Needs”. Everything else that comes to mind, put under a category labeled “Wants”. […]
Are leaders born or made? I have the answer! Baron A Rohbock Baron graduated with honors in Business Administration and Leadership. With a passion for training and working with teams, he entered the Learning and Development field as Director of Training for Taylor Hartman, author of The People Code (previously published as The Color Code). With a wide breadth of knowledge in leadership, Baron returned to the training industry to combine first hand management and executive leadership experience with a passion for working with people to shape results while revealing individual and collective talent. In 2011 he started Core MotivAction, an innovative brilliant training company dedicated to people and team development.
Dick Ruhe | Leadership Speaker Dr. Dick Ruhe is a cherished motivational speaker, as well as a celebrated corporate consultant and trainer. Throughout his highly spirited presentations on productivity improvement, change, and customer loyalty, Dick insightfully connects with attendees’ core issues and inspires a deep desire for success. Based on his extensive management and supervisory experience in the private and public sectors, Dick shares a myriad of amusing stories that absorb audiences and create an unforgettable experience. As a senior consulting partner for The Ken Blanchard Companies®, Dick Ruhe is the author of the training program Total Quality Leadership. He has also worked with Tom Peters, Gordon Lippit, and Paul Hersey. Dick has served as a regular columnist for Sales and Marketing magazine and has been published in Training and Development, Western Business Systems Journal, Proceedings of the Academy of Management, and Executive Excellence. A past chapter president of Sales and Marketing Executives, Dick Ruhe is a member of the International Customer Service Association, the National Speakers Association, the International Platform Association, the American Society for Training and Development, and the American Society of Quality Control. Dick Ruhe received his MBA from the University of New Haven and his doctorate in human resource development from George Washington University. He is the author of Getting Major Results, a field book for change and leadership.
/ Ambition, Aspirations, Be an Effective Leader, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Entrepreneur, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Quotes, Starting a Business, Visionary
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Confidence, Courage, Entrepreneur, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Preserverance, Productivity, Quotes, Starting a Business, Visionary
/ Achievement, Aging and Longevity, Ambition, Appreciation, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Change, Character, Choices, Confidence, Consequences, Courage, Creativity, Creativity and Business, Entrepreneur, Exercise and Fitness, Game Changers, Goals, Healthy Lifestyle, Ideas, Imagination, Innovation, Inspiration, Leadership, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Men's Health, Mind Body, Motivation, Nutrition, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Quotes, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Significance, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Winning, Wisdom, Women's Health
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Values, Character, Choices, Game Changers, Leadership, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Productivity, Quotes, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom, Work Life balance
There’s a difference between interest and commitment
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- How to Build a Peter Lynch-Style Growth Strategy – GuruFocus.comJanuary 17, 2017
- Ten Guaranteed Ways To Appear Smarter Than You AreJanuary 17, 2017
- Is Warren Buffett Wrong About Bitcoin?January 17, 2017
- BILLIONAIRES EVERYWHERE: Here are the richest people in ArizonaJanuary 17, 2017
- Glass Screens For iPhones Makes Hong Kong Couple Into BillionairesJanuary 17, 2017
- Departed Tennessee Millionaire Leaves Entire Fortune To Animal ShelterJanuary 17, 2017
- The 49ers Are Still Paying Millions To Coaches Who Don’t Work For Them AnymoreJanuary 17, 2017
- Charles Feeney Fulfills Pledge To Give All Of His Billions AwayJanuary 17, 2017
- These Are The Inspirational Mantras Richard Branson Is Following In 2017January 17, 2017
- Sears Holdings CEO Has Put Up $1 Billion Of His Money Over The Past Two Years In An Effort To Keep Company AfloatJanuary 17, 2017
- Michael Keaton Had A Pretty Good Reason For Turning Down Third ‘Batman’ FilmJanuary 17, 2017
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made An Insane Amount Of Money For Getting FiredJanuary 17, 2017
- Nas Pays The IRS $3.5 Million In Back TaxesJanuary 17, 2017
- Floyd Mayweather Offered Conor McGregor $15 Million For Their Potential SuperfightJanuary 17, 2017
- PWC: Nearly one-third of Malaysia’s family businesses don’t have succession planJanuary 17, 2017
- Why Harvard is Billionaire University…January 17, 2017
- Affluent U.S. Investors Bullish on Technology and Healthcare Sectors in 2017 According to New Spectrem Group ReportJanuary 17, 2017
- BREAKING NEWS: Bayer Could Pledge Billions to U.S. Investment and New Jobs if Monsanto Deal Wins ApprovalJanuary 17, 2017
- Richard Branson: There Needs to Be ‘Perpetual Revolution’ Within Your BusinessJanuary 17, 2017
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The risk of a full-blown trade war between the US and China is risingJanuary 17, 2017
- The rise of Larry Ellison, the jet-setting billionaire founder of OracleJanuary 17, 2017
- Theresa May ‘seems determined to tank the economy’: MPs react to the Prime Minister’s ‘Hard Brexit’ speechJanuary 17, 2017
- Germany and France are furious with Donald Trump — and he’s not even taken office yetJanuary 17, 2017
- TRUMP: The strong dollar is ‘killing us’January 17, 2017
- China takes the spotlightJanuary 17, 2017
- China’s Oil Collapse Is Unintentionally Helping OPECJanuary 17, 2017
- Vanguard Sees Bank of Canada Following Fed Higher This YearJanuary 17, 2017
- Davos elite in ‘bubble’ so didn’t predict Brexit, Trump, CEO of world’s largest ad agency admitsJanuary 17, 2017
- Globalization hasn’t fixed the gap between rich and poor, top CEOs sayJanuary 17, 2017
- British company’s $49.4 billion deal for Reynolds will create world’s biggest public tobacco companyJanuary 17, 2017
- World needs to invest $25 trillion in new oil capacity over next 25 years, Saudi Aramco CEO saysJanuary 17, 2017
- Donald Trump is the poster child of sleep deprivation: Arianna HuffingtonJanuary 17, 2017
- What Donald Trump’s economic agenda means to youJanuary 17, 2017
- Social Security’s looming $11 trillion shortfallJanuary 17, 2017
- Sponsored ArticleJanuary 17, 2017
- Acacia Jumps in London on $4 Billion Endeavour Merger TalksJanuary 17, 2017
- Noble Energy to buy Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billionJanuary 17, 2017
- GCC’s financial assets forecast to fall to $2.1trn by end-2017January 17, 2017
- Inside the luxury world’s commission cultureJanuary 17, 2017
- Priceline Founder Raises $50 Million for New VentureJanuary 17, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics