Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Values, History and Folklore, are the core elements of culture at a point in time. They are our link to our personal past…handed down to us by all those who came before us. This is true of our ethnic culture, our tribal culture, our national culture, our religious culture, and our personal culture, to name just a few. Since we are the link to our past, we are caretakers of something precious as we hand it down to future generations. Since culture is a living thing, it does change over time, but ever so slowly. Just think about it; there is some behavioral mannerism, belief, perception that you got from an ancestor who lived a hundred or many hundreds of years ago. To use a modern expression, “You are Connected”. There really is nothing new under the sun, other than our choice of what we will do with our cultural inheritance. Since culture is a living phenomenon, we will make our choices and then pass the culture on to future generations, along with our contributions. That is the way it is and that is the way it will continue to be. Image 1: DeMarco Culture Model © 2003 Dr. Bill DeMarco All of this gets us back to our discussion of Values. I described Values as “the unique blend of perceived Needs, Beliefs, and Attitudes that live in the behaviour of most members of a society”. Needs are one of three segments of the Values element of my Culture Model (Image 1). Needs, along with Beliefs and Attitudes, taken separately and in their interaction, make up our unique Values proposition. Within a cultural context, Needs are similar to what Abraham Maslow (Image 2) describes as the fundamental requirements for survival, safety and belonging. They have everything to do with the necessities of the human condition, and nothing to do with a luxury car in the garage, a kitchen with granite counter tops, and two weeks in Saint Kitts! The latter, at the extreme end, has more to do with our image of “Esteem”. Image 2: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Maslow’s work linked Needs to motivation. While his groundbreaking work is still challenged by some, I find his conclusions compelling. Satisfying individual and group needs at the three basic levels in the above image greatly facilitates our ability to incorporate our Beliefs into our Values system. Remember I wrote earlier that if we want to know what our real values are, look at our behaviour and not our words. There is a strong link between our ability to survive and our ability to put our Beliefs into action. Here is a simple exercise that can help identify our real personal needs. It involves reading and reflecting on the bottom three categories of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs (Image 2). Then make a list of what those Needs look like in your life. Put that under a category labeled “Needs”. Everything else that comes to mind, put under a category labeled “Wants”. […]
Are leaders born or made? I have the answer! Baron A Rohbock Baron graduated with honors in Business Administration and Leadership. With a passion for training and working with teams, he entered the Learning and Development field as Director of Training for Taylor Hartman, author of The People Code (previously published as The Color Code). With a wide breadth of knowledge in leadership, Baron returned to the training industry to combine first hand management and executive leadership experience with a passion for working with people to shape results while revealing individual and collective talent. In 2011 he started Core MotivAction, an innovative brilliant training company dedicated to people and team development.
Dick Ruhe | Leadership Speaker Dr. Dick Ruhe is a cherished motivational speaker, as well as a celebrated corporate consultant and trainer. Throughout his highly spirited presentations on productivity improvement, change, and customer loyalty, Dick insightfully connects with attendees’ core issues and inspires a deep desire for success. Based on his extensive management and supervisory experience in the private and public sectors, Dick shares a myriad of amusing stories that absorb audiences and create an unforgettable experience. As a senior consulting partner for The Ken Blanchard Companies®, Dick Ruhe is the author of the training program Total Quality Leadership. He has also worked with Tom Peters, Gordon Lippit, and Paul Hersey. Dick has served as a regular columnist for Sales and Marketing magazine and has been published in Training and Development, Western Business Systems Journal, Proceedings of the Academy of Management, and Executive Excellence. A past chapter president of Sales and Marketing Executives, Dick Ruhe is a member of the International Customer Service Association, the National Speakers Association, the International Platform Association, the American Society for Training and Development, and the American Society of Quality Control. Dick Ruhe received his MBA from the University of New Haven and his doctorate in human resource development from George Washington University. He is the author of Getting Major Results, a field book for change and leadership.
/ Ambition, Aspirations, Be an Effective Leader, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Entrepreneur, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Quotes, Starting a Business, Visionary
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Confidence, Courage, Entrepreneur, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Preserverance, Productivity, Quotes, Starting a Business, Visionary
/ Achievement, Aging and Longevity, Ambition, Appreciation, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Change, Character, Choices, Confidence, Consequences, Courage, Creativity, Creativity and Business, Entrepreneur, Exercise and Fitness, Game Changers, Goals, Healthy Lifestyle, Ideas, Imagination, Innovation, Inspiration, Leadership, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Men's Health, Mind Body, Motivation, Nutrition, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Quotes, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Significance, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Winning, Wisdom, Women's Health
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Values, Character, Choices, Game Changers, Leadership, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Productivity, Quotes, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom, Work Life balance
There’s a difference between interest and commitment
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Universal Basic Income Will Help Us Level the Economic Playing FieldMarch 26, 2017
- Which countries are achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals fastest?March 26, 2017
- Age discrimination is still a real problem, and it’s worst for womenMarch 26, 2017
- These entrepreneurs have endorsed universal basic incomeMarch 26, 2017
- This is the damage you can cause if you know too muchMarch 26, 2017
- What science fiction tells us about the citizens of the futureMarch 26, 2017
- These are the places where people are most optimistic for their children’s futureMarch 26, 2017
- These billionaire philanthropists are using satellites to help end global problemsMarch 26, 2017
- China’s approach to eradicating povertyMarch 26, 2017
- The world’s energy is getting cleaner and cheaper — but not quickly enoughMarch 26, 2017
- More than 2 million people die at work each year. Here’s how to prevent itMarch 26, 2017
- The key to responsible and responsive leadership – the humanitiesMarch 26, 2017
- Walt Disney Kept A Tragic Secret – And You Can See It In His FilmsMarch 26, 2017
- Klaus Schwab: We need a new narrative for globalizationMarch 26, 2017
- 3 things countries need to do today for an energy-secure futureMarch 26, 2017
- 4 ways to close the inequality gap in the Fourth Industrial RevolutionMarch 26, 2017
- Denmark has the best work-life balance. Here’s whyMarch 26, 2017
- The Allure of Shiny Gold JewelryMarch 26, 2017
- A Psychiatrist Who Survived The Holocaust Explains Why Meaningfulness Matters More Than HappinessMarch 25, 2017
- The Role of Gender in Entrepreneurship Today (Infographic)March 25, 2017
- 8 Social Media Secrets Every Entrepreneur Should KnowMarch 25, 2017
- 10 Fundamental Truths That Will Change Your LifeMarch 25, 2017
- How Small Business Owners Can Avoid Sears’s Fatal MistakeMarch 25, 2017
- 7 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Do Before 7 a.m.March 25, 2017
- How She Built a $50 Million Postcard EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- Dubai just opened the world’s largest indoor theme park (It cost $1 billion)March 25, 2017
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
- Faced With World’s Highest Car Prices, Singapore’s Rich Swap Supercars For Luxury Motor YachtsMarch 25, 2017
- How This Millennial CEO Of 3 Companies Handles Work Life BalanceMarch 25, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics