Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Character, Choices, Courage, Death, Destiny, Dynasties, Education, Family Values, Leadership, Legacy Planning, Meaning and Purpose, Passion, Philosophy, Purpose, Self Awareness, Significance, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom
What Would You Die For? | Brad McLain This talk looks at the nature and impact of extraordinary experiences, especially how such experiences may change our sense of self or identity. Brad is a social science research professor at the University of Colorado Boulder’s Center for STEM Learning and is co-director of The Experiential Science Education Research Collaborative. Dr. McLain is an accomplished filmmaker originally from Norfolk, Nebraska, and he attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln for part of his undergraduate education. He is a member of the board of directors for the JGI, Jane Goodall institute.
Values, History and Folklore, are the core elements of culture at a point in time. They are our link to our personal past…handed down to us by all those who came before us. This is true of our ethnic culture, our tribal culture, our national culture, our religious culture, and our personal culture, to name just a few. Since we are the link to our past, we are caretakers of something precious as we hand it down to future generations. Since culture is a living thing, it does change over time, but ever so slowly. Just think about it; there is some behavioral mannerism, belief, perception that you got from an ancestor who lived a hundred or many hundreds of years ago. To use a modern expression, “You are Connected”. There really is nothing new under the sun, other than our choice of what we will do with our cultural inheritance. Since culture is a living phenomenon, we will make our choices and then pass the culture on to future generations, along with our contributions. That is the way it is and that is the way it will continue to be. Image 1: DeMarco Culture Model © 2003 Dr. Bill DeMarco All of this gets us back to our discussion of Values. I described Values as “the unique blend of perceived Needs, Beliefs, and Attitudes that live in the behaviour of most members of a society”. Needs are one of three segments of the Values element of my Culture Model (Image 1). Needs, along with Beliefs and Attitudes, taken separately and in their interaction, make up our unique Values proposition. Within a cultural context, Needs are similar to what Abraham Maslow (Image 2) describes as the fundamental requirements for survival, safety and belonging. They have everything to do with the necessities of the human condition, and nothing to do with a luxury car in the garage, a kitchen with granite counter tops, and two weeks in Saint Kitts! The latter, at the extreme end, has more to do with our image of “Esteem”. Image 2: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Maslow’s work linked Needs to motivation. While his groundbreaking work is still challenged by some, I find his conclusions compelling. Satisfying individual and group needs at the three basic levels in the above image greatly facilitates our ability to incorporate our Beliefs into our Values system. Remember I wrote earlier that if we want to know what our real values are, look at our behaviour and not our words. There is a strong link between our ability to survive and our ability to put our Beliefs into action. Here is a simple exercise that can help identify our real personal needs. It involves reading and reflecting on the bottom three categories of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs (Image 2). Then make a list of what those Needs look like in your life. Put that under a category labeled “Needs”. Everything else that comes to mind, put under a category labeled “Wants”. […]
Are leaders born or made? I have the answer! Baron A Rohbock Baron graduated with honors in Business Administration and Leadership. With a passion for training and working with teams, he entered the Learning and Development field as Director of Training for Taylor Hartman, author of The People Code (previously published as The Color Code). With a wide breadth of knowledge in leadership, Baron returned to the training industry to combine first hand management and executive leadership experience with a passion for working with people to shape results while revealing individual and collective talent. In 2011 he started Core MotivAction, an innovative brilliant training company dedicated to people and team development.
Dick Ruhe | Leadership Speaker Dr. Dick Ruhe is a cherished motivational speaker, as well as a celebrated corporate consultant and trainer. Throughout his highly spirited presentations on productivity improvement, change, and customer loyalty, Dick insightfully connects with attendees’ core issues and inspires a deep desire for success. Based on his extensive management and supervisory experience in the private and public sectors, Dick shares a myriad of amusing stories that absorb audiences and create an unforgettable experience. As a senior consulting partner for The Ken Blanchard Companies®, Dick Ruhe is the author of the training program Total Quality Leadership. He has also worked with Tom Peters, Gordon Lippit, and Paul Hersey. Dick has served as a regular columnist for Sales and Marketing magazine and has been published in Training and Development, Western Business Systems Journal, Proceedings of the Academy of Management, and Executive Excellence. A past chapter president of Sales and Marketing Executives, Dick Ruhe is a member of the International Customer Service Association, the National Speakers Association, the International Platform Association, the American Society for Training and Development, and the American Society of Quality Control. Dick Ruhe received his MBA from the University of New Haven and his doctorate in human resource development from George Washington University. He is the author of Getting Major Results, a field book for change and leadership.
/ Ambition, Aspirations, Be an Effective Leader, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Entrepreneur, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Quotes, Starting a Business, Visionary
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Choices, Confidence, Courage, Entrepreneur, Game Changers, Leadership, Management, Negotiation, Preserverance, Productivity, Quotes, Starting a Business, Visionary
/ Achievement, Aging and Longevity, Ambition, Appreciation, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Leadership, Business Values, CEO, Change, Character, Choices, Confidence, Consequences, Courage, Creativity, Creativity and Business, Entrepreneur, Exercise and Fitness, Game Changers, Goals, Healthy Lifestyle, Ideas, Imagination, Innovation, Inspiration, Leadership, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Men's Health, Mind Body, Motivation, Nutrition, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Quotes, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Significance, Starting a Business, Strategic Planning, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Winning, Wisdom, Women's Health
/ Achievement, Ambition, Aspirations, Attitude, Beliefs, Business Values, Character, Choices, Game Changers, Leadership, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Productivity, Quotes, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Success, The Secret, Values, Visionary, Vocation, Well Being, Wisdom, Work Life balance
There’s a difference between interest and commitment
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Four New Pinball Machines That Movie Buffs Have to PlayDecember 10, 2016
- What to Eat with These Delicious Sweet WinesDecember 10, 2016
- This Neighborhood Has Become Chicago’s Hot New Dining DestinationDecember 10, 2016
- MULTI-GENERATIONAL TRAVEL TAKES OFF IN MORE ‘DIFFICULT’ DESTINATIONSDecember 10, 2016
- 9 Chic Shearling Coats That Elevate This Season’s “It” Menswear ItemDecember 10, 2016
- 7 Perfect Gifts for Private TravelersDecember 10, 2016
- The Arcadia Sherpa Can Do Much More than Just Schlep a Superyacht’s GearDecember 10, 2016
- Al Capone’s Whiskey Brand of ChoiceDecember 10, 2016
- Three New Electric Bicycles That Are Generating Lots of BuzzDecember 10, 2016
- 3 Things To Consider Before Gifting Another FragranceDecember 10, 2016
- Jaguar’s New XKSS Is a Sexy Beast RebornDecember 10, 2016
- Bonhams to Sell an Extremely Rare Patek Philippe Grand ComplicationDecember 10, 2016
- You Could Drive for Show in This Mercedes-Benz Golf-Cart ConceptDecember 10, 2016
- WhistlePig’s Latest Limited-Release Rye Whiskey Is a WonderDecember 10, 2016
- Bentley Creates a Custom Mulsanne for Watch Designer George BamfordDecember 10, 2016
- Own the Rarest Book J.K. Rowling Ever MadeDecember 10, 2016
- Tanzania’s New Private-Island Retreat Will Take Your Breath AwayDecember 10, 2016
- Walt Disney’s Will Among Magic Kingdom Collectibles at AuctionDecember 10, 2016
- EXCLUSIVE: Palmer Johnson Launches Sleek and Sporty PJ63 Yacht LineDecember 10, 2016
- Good Whisky, Bad TimesDecember 10, 2016
- The Peninsula New York Debuts Fifth Avenue SuiteDecember 10, 2016
- An Elegant New Wine-on-Tap System for the HomeDecember 10, 2016
- 5 Transcendent Tanzanite Designs for December BirthdaysDecember 10, 2016
- Colossal Diamond Ring Tops $1.8 Million at Sotheby’s SaleDecember 10, 2016
- Sunseeker’s New Manhattan 66 Feels Like a Much Larger YachtDecember 10, 2016
- This Smooth American Rye Honors a 20th Century Whiskey MiracleDecember 10, 2016
- This $5,000 Ice Bucket Is Made from Grape SkinsDecember 10, 2016
- Vacation like Roman Nobility at This New Italian HotelDecember 10, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Aston Martin Revives the Legendary DB4 GT ModelDecember 10, 2016
- Wealth Effect: Identifying Unique Leaders to Run a Family OfficeDecember 10, 2016
- Richard Branson: ‘Thousands’ will go to space soonDecember 10, 2016
- Beware of panic buying in bank stocksDecember 10, 2016
- Trump’s China Play Could Bring Big Profits to U.S. InvestorsDecember 10, 2016
- 10 psychological retail tricks that make you spend more moneyDecember 10, 2016
- OPEC, oil-producing nations strike deal to cut outputDecember 10, 2016
- 17 unpopular investing predictions for 2017December 10, 2016
- Americans from all corners of the economy are loving life since Trump’s electionDecember 10, 2016
- The 3rd-largest IPO of the year is off to a strong startDecember 10, 2016
- Lawsuit: Texts between Mark Zuckerberg and Marc Andreessen say the Facebook founder may want to go into governmentDecember 10, 2016
- A self-made millionaire shares 3 wealth-building concepts most people haven’t graspedDecember 10, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics