Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
/ Center for Family Conversations, Communication, Estate Planning, Estate Planning - USA, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Meetings, Family Values, Governance, Importance of Language, Stewardship, True Wealth, Values, Wisdom
The Family Compass by Jerry Nuerge Families often lack a compass for navigating through potential distractions. Most high net worth people believe that if they have signed all their trust documents and wills, they have taken care of their future. After all, their attorneys and CPAs have assured them that the maximum amount of financial assets will be transferred to their spouse and then to their children with as little loss to the tax man as possible. Unfortunately, research shows that only ten percent of financial assets make it to the fourth generation. A family’s values are just as important as those of a corporation, but they receive far less attention. I have found it more beneficial to families to focus on three often ignored components that have the potential to extend a legacy indefinitely: 1) What are your values? 2) What virtues will we pursue? 3) What do we want our family story to be? Collectively, these are family brand equity, the core of a family’s culture. The values define the family, the virtues build the family, and the story describes the family. VALUES Rather than elevate whatever human values are currently in vogue in our culture, we identify our family’s values based on the evidence of our calendar and pocketbook. VIRTUES Virtues are frequently underestimated in importance. Aristotle argued that substantial happiness and human flourishing could be grasped only through the virtues. King Solomon stated it this way: “My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you.” (Proverbs 3:1-3) The battle of morality is not so much about knowing what is right as it is doing what is right. STORY The family story is a crucial component. Think of the family story as an ongoing stream of past, present, and future stories of family members woven together. These stories, infused with the family’s values and virtues, provide a sense of identity as well as motivation to not be the generation that weakens the heritage. Imagine the priceless joy when family brand equity is the focal point of our transfers to the next generation! These assets empower families to live intentionally productive lives for multiple generations. To learn more about the Center for Family Conversations and the new book, Unheritage, click here. WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO JERRY? Jerry Nuerge is founder and owner of the Financial Independence Group. He is also the creator of the Wealth Integration and Transfer System™, the Generation Connection Process™, as well as the Revenue Retrieval System™. Jerry holds a BBA and MBA degree, holds the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP), is a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), a Certified Family Wealth Counselor (CFWC), and a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). He […]
Buffett on technology replacing jobs Warren Buffett explains why he thinks it’s progress to have technology replacing human jobs, but acknowledges that people who are left behind need support.
The Third Metric for Success A fall caused by exhaustion led Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post, on a journey toward redefining success. The result is her new book, Thrive.
Tycoon Playbook Review As a recent IRS report on America’s wealthiest proves, the surest way to becoming rich has always been and still is by building your own business. There are two basic approaches to building a business. One way is to focus on finding the home run product or service to build a single company around. The other way is to focus on accumulating many businesses over time. The first variation requires far more luck considering just how many failures there are relative to successes. The second variation is a simple numbers game based on the reality that once you have a system and team in place for acquisitions, you will have far more winners than losers over the long run. This second path is often referred to as the PacMan strategy because you use your company to gobble up other companies. It’s the most proven path to billionaire status. As with most things in life, the basic concept is simple while the devil is in the details. This is where the Playbook truly shines. The three month course reverse engineers the acquisitions strategy employed by tycoons and billionaires who made their fortunes through wheeling and dealing in businesses. Then it breaks down this complex topic into easy to understand and follow action steps. Equally importantly, it also shows you how to avoid the minefields. This is not a course built on dry academic theory. The creator of the course worked for many years helping entrepreneurs and mini-tycoons to buy and sell businesses. In addition, he has also spent decades studying how they got started in the game and built their empires. As a result, the Playbook is rich in examples of actionable steps taken by tycoons to not only get going but to get it right. What are the key rewards of the course in my opinion? First, if you’re thinking that becoming wealthy requires an element of good luck in addition to work and perseverance, you are absolutely correct. The course reveals how you can maximize your luck if we agree that luck is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. It does so by having the second learning module reveal how insiders spot emerging opportunities well before the masses do. The eighth module teaches you how to take a calculated risk by revealing the do-able deal test for acquisition opportunities. Once you have digested these two lessons your ability to do successful acquisitions increases dramatically. A second reward of the Playbook is in how it takes a complex subject such as acquisition finance, which intimidates most people, breaks it down into its constituent parts, and lists the many options you have available for buying a business. You need not be a mathematical genius to understand how tycoons acquire control of businesses. By the end of the financing section you will feel like an up and coming Kirk Kerkorian. A third reward in taking […]
“Wealth by Design”: Kevin Talma Kevin grew up in Barbados in the sixties and seventies when there was unprecedented change happening to the environment which affected him profoundly and he always wondered why development had to destroy the nature he loved. These observations and interest in art and environment led him to the field of landscape architecture. Kevin has been practicing landscape architecture since 1988 apprenticing in California, Hawaii, Italy and Barbados before establishing Talma Mill Studios in 1990. Kevin’s passions include art, the environment, water sports, percussion music, travel and family all of which inform his practice of landscape architecture. Kevin holds a Master of Landscape Architecture.
/ Behaviour Economics, Capitalism, Christianity, Economics, Faith, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Money, Money Values, Productivity, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Risk management, Spiritual, True Wealth, Wealth Preservation
Part One – The Ideal Economy To learn more, click here. Part Two – What Goes Wrong To learn more, click here. Part Three – Why It Goes Wrong To learn more, click here. Part Four – Principled Reasoning To learn more, click here. Part Five – Investment Decision Making To learn more, click here. Part Six – Global Economy and Investment Markets To learn more, click here.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The data geeks are taking over Wall StreetMarch 29, 2017
- How to lose friends and ‘exfoliate’ people — Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is caught between 2 worlds, and his friends are cutting tiesMarch 29, 2017
- Investors like hedge funds with powerful-sounding names, even if they fail to deliverMarch 29, 2017
- Why waking up at 5 AM every day just makes senseMarch 29, 2017
- Why this self-made millionaire carries a waiter’s pad and says you should tooMarch 29, 2017
- Santoli: Here’s why BlackRock is throwing in the towel on human stock pickingMarch 29, 2017
- Say hello to your new retirement haven. Hint: It’s not Florida.March 29, 2017
- Feadship Launches 35-Meter Superyacht LetaniMarch 29, 2017
- The World’s Largest Passenger-Jet Window Is Being Developed for the BBJMarch 29, 2017
- This Is How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% Of Each StateMarch 29, 2017
- Wang Wei Is Now The Third-Richest Man In China. Wait, Who?March 29, 2017
- A Billionaire Irish Mob Boss Reportedly Bought A Commercial Cargo Ship For His Drug SuppliesMarch 29, 2017
- How Tyler Perry Turned An Abusive Childhood Into A $600 Million Personal FortuneMarch 29, 2017
- From Slave To Millionaire Land Owner: The Biddy Mason StoryMarch 29, 2017
- Huge 706-Carat Diamond Unearthed In Sierra LeoneMarch 29, 2017
- These 8 Billionaires Had A Very Good 2016March 29, 2017
- DeMarcus Ware Turned Down $9 Million To RetireMarch 29, 2017
- Lamborghini Unveils Its First 4-Door Crossover SUV Since The 80s, The UrusMarch 29, 2017
- Liang Xinjun, Billionaire Co-Founder Of China Investment Firm Fosun, Departs As CEOMarch 29, 2017
- From startup to shutdown: 5 tips for entrepreneurs from billionaire Richard BransonMarch 28, 2017
- Goldcorp spends nearly $1 billion to get into Chilean joint venture with Barrick GoldMarch 28, 2017
- The UK is about to formally trigger the Brexit process — here’s what that meansMarch 28, 2017
- Billionaire Mittal Sells $952 Million Stake in India Tower UnitMarch 28, 2017
- Picasso, Monet, and Other Legendary Artists Stayed at These Posh HotelsMarch 28, 2017
- Kavalan’s Five New Single Malts Are Spirited StandoutsMarch 28, 2017
- Sneak Peek: The Waldorf Astoria Beverly HillsMarch 28, 2017
- How middle-class and even wealthy American families are sliding inexorably into the redMarch 27, 2017
- New cars are taking longer to sell than they have since 2009March 27, 2017
- As the stock market sags, it might be time to turn bullishMarch 27, 2017
- Why Your Organization Needs You To Check Your Ego At The DoorMarch 27, 2017
- Amancio Ortega Now World’s Third-Richest Person As Net Worth Soars $1.2 BillionMarch 27, 2017
- Celeb 100: The World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities Of 2016March 27, 2017
- Introducing The Forbes SportsMoney Index, The Definitive Money Ranking In SportsMarch 27, 2017
- Forbes 2017 Billionaires List: Meet The Richest People On The PlanetMarch 27, 2017
- Inside the exclusive New York gym where Hugh Jackman, Victoria’s Secret models and Wall Streeters work outMarch 27, 2017
- Here’s how Warren Buffett pays such a low tax rateMarch 27, 2017
- Life Insurance Policy Selection and DesignMarch 27, 2017
- Think Global to Avoid Shrinking U.S. Stock MarketMarch 27, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics