Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Starting a Business
Here’s what Richard Branson, Tony Hsieh, and 21 other successful executives ask in every job interview
Here’s what Richard Branson, Tony Hsieh, and other successful top executives like to ask.
Don’t Be Obsessed By Where The Other Guys Are Heading
The biggest mistake, Corcoran says, is thinking throwing money at a business will grow it.
Nobody becomes a successful entrepreneur by setting out to become one. It happens organically under certain specific conditions.
Ignite your idea: Why you are ready to launch a startup | Jen Storey WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO JEN STOREY? Do you have a great business idea? How do you go from having an idea to having a business? Jen Storey breaks the process down from how to asses the viability of your idea, to what are the first steps to take. Jen is a writer, editor and her gun is for hire. Digital is her thing. She’s been in digital for more years than most readers of this biography have had birthdays. Really. Her Masters Thesis was on how this World Wide Web thingy was going to change corporate communications forever. That was in 1996. Since then, she has worked across all areas of digital, innovation and startups. She has created startups within enterprises like ACP, McKinsey & Co and Suncorp. She was a founding team member of AOL in Australia. And, she sat on the VC side of the fence before entering the world of banking. Seven years ago, after a moment of clarity, she left the corporate world and launched into creating her own niche in innovation execution and digital marketing. Now, the CMO and Practice Lead at boutique consultancy edgelabs, she advises businesses, from enterprises to startups, on innovation execution and digital disruption. She has been named in the top 50 influencers in the Australian start-up scene. Jen is the current editor of Anthill, an online business publication without the boring bits created for entrepreneurs, business builders and innovators. She is also the Australia and New Zealand writer analyst for the global online classified researcher, AIM Group. Plus, she’s an Advisory Board Member for Ice Cream Day, a non-profit organisation created by an 11 year old with a dream. She’s an avid scuba diver and, thanks to her seven year old daughter, knows quite a lot about penguins.
Think, Live, Be Positive Aggressive | Phil Soran Phil Soran, a serial entrepreneur, shares his secret for going B to B (Basement to Billions) in his TEDxFargo talk. Phil started two successful technology companies in his Minnesota basement and attributes the success to creating a special company culture called Positive Aggressive. Through humor, stories, and concrete examples, Phil challenges the audience live with more intention by creating a Positive Aggressive Lifestyle. Phil Soran is a serial entrepreneur in the technology field, founding companies that have generated thousands of jobs. Most recently, Phil was the founder, President and CEO of Compellent Technologies which started in 2002.
Build entrepreneurial equality | Chris Rabb We admire the spirit of the entrepreneur – but the fact is, it’s a lot easier to be entrepreneurial when you come from a community of wealth and privilege. Calling this out, Chris Rabb makes a bold case: It’s time to democratize entrepreneurship. Pulling stories from his own family history (and looking back to the days of US slavery), he shows why challenged communities often have a hard time sustaining new businesses – and calls for all of us to support those who are crazy and hard-headed enough to start a business, no matter where they come from. When starting a business, sometimes hard work, a great idea, and a good attitude are simply not enough. Chris Rabb explores why in his book Invisible Capital: How Unseen Forces Shape Entrepreneurial Opportunity, which looks at modern U.S. business in the context of structural inequality. He suggests that through developing commonwealth enterprises, our society can democratize entrepreneurial opportunity, which will lead toward greater social inclusion, economic sustainability and community wealth-building. Chris teaches social entrepreneurship and organizational innovation at the Fox School of Business at Temple, after running a nationally recognized business incubator in West Philadelphia. A 2013 Knight Foundation BMe Leadership Award recipient, he conducts entrepreneurial literacy outreach to individuals and groups working in low-financial- wealth communities in Philadelphia, Detroit, and Baltimore. Chris is also known for his pioneering work linking genetic testing and family history.
Fireside Chat with Steve Blank, Hosted by Prof. Len Lodish Customer Discovery and Customer Validation: Fireside Chat with Steve Blank, Hosted by Professor Len Lodish A retired eight-time serial entrepreneur-turned-educator and author, Steve Blank has changed how startups are built and how entrepreneurship is taught around the globe. He is author of the bestselling “The Startup Owner’s Manual”, and his earlier seminal work, “The Four Steps to the Epiphany,” credited with launching the Lean Startup movement. During this fireside chat, Steve Blank and Professor Len Lodish discuss the Customer Discovery and Customer Validation phases of the Customer Development Model, a technique startups use to quickly iterate and test each part of their business model.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- A Billionaire’s Party Is a Lens on Wealth in the Trump Era | BusinessMirrorFebruary 20, 2017
- Snap Co-Founder Spiegel Inches Closer to $588 Million PaydayFebruary 20, 2017
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
- How Great Leaders Pull and Push To SuccessFebruary 19, 2017
- Four Telltale Signs of a Disconnected OrganizationFebruary 19, 2017
- When Leaders Toss The ScriptFebruary 19, 2017
- Valentine’s Special: Better Halves Of The Best CEOs In The WorldFebruary 19, 2017
- Want to Be More Productive? Start By Scrapping Your To-Do ListFebruary 19, 2017
- Ten top RRSP questions answered – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- We know what women entrepreneurs need. So let’s get on with it. – Macleans.caFebruary 19, 2017
- Canadians Looking For Love Online Lost Millions To Scams In 2016February 19, 2017
- EU Approves Trade Deal With CanadaFebruary 19, 2017
- Business Council Urges Trudeau To Shield Canada From Trump’s AgendaFebruary 19, 2017
- We took a 1,000-horsepower electric luxury sedan for a spin on the streets of Silicon ValleyFebruary 19, 2017
- Meet the bankers working on a potential nearly $250 billion megamergerFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans have $12.58 trillion of debt — here’s what it looks likeFebruary 19, 2017
- Americans are facing a $50 billion headwind | 02/16/17 | Markets InsiderFebruary 19, 2017
- What is a smart kid in the age of the smart machine?February 19, 2017
- A Wall Street performance coach who’s consulted on Showtime’s ‘Billions’ says too many people have the same misconception about successFebruary 19, 2017
- RANKED: The 21 most expensive holiday destinations on the planetFebruary 19, 2017
- Here’s who is going to get rich from the Snap IPOFebruary 19, 2017
- China will suspend all coal imports from North Korea after Pyongyang’s missile testFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump is in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to the stock marketFebruary 19, 2017
- Trump isn’t adjusting well to life in the White House — he’s reportedly experiencing ‘cabin fever’February 19, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Women Should Join a Coworking Space TodayFebruary 18, 2017
- (Social) Mission Accomplished: 6 Female Founders on Raising Capital With a Triple Bottom LineFebruary 18, 2017
- Warren Buffett’s 3 Top Pieces of Advice for EntrepreneursFebruary 18, 2017
- 4 Ways Parents Can Foster an Entrepreneurial Spirit in Their DaughtersFebruary 18, 2017
- 7 Ways Women Leaders Can Excel at Being Their Authentic SelvesFebruary 18, 2017
- New Study Finds the Global Gender Pay Gap Won’t Be Closed Until 2186February 18, 2017
- The One Thing This Entrepreneur Does Each Day to Stay ProductiveFebruary 18, 2017
- Female Entrepreneurship Is on the Rise (Infographic)February 18, 2017
- Heartland Entrepreneur: 1 Woman’s Journey to Global Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
- For Those Women Looking to Get Into the C-Suite, This Unlikely Industry Is for YouFebruary 18, 2017
- Women Won’t Have Equal Numbers of Board Seats Until 2055, New Study FindsFebruary 18, 2017
- The Four Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Ask Themselves To Achieve Success in 2017February 18, 2017
- Despite Bias, Women Entrepreneurs Are an Enormous Economic ForceFebruary 18, 2017
- How Women Entrepreneurs Can Use Execution for Startup SuccessFebruary 18, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics