Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Starting a Business
Here’s what Richard Branson, Tony Hsieh, and 21 other successful executives ask in every job interview
Here’s what Richard Branson, Tony Hsieh, and other successful top executives like to ask.
Don’t Be Obsessed By Where The Other Guys Are Heading
The biggest mistake, Corcoran says, is thinking throwing money at a business will grow it.
Nobody becomes a successful entrepreneur by setting out to become one. It happens organically under certain specific conditions.
Ignite your idea: Why you are ready to launch a startup | Jen Storey WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO JEN STOREY? Do you have a great business idea? How do you go from having an idea to having a business? Jen Storey breaks the process down from how to asses the viability of your idea, to what are the first steps to take. Jen is a writer, editor and her gun is for hire. Digital is her thing. She’s been in digital for more years than most readers of this biography have had birthdays. Really. Her Masters Thesis was on how this World Wide Web thingy was going to change corporate communications forever. That was in 1996. Since then, she has worked across all areas of digital, innovation and startups. She has created startups within enterprises like ACP, McKinsey & Co and Suncorp. She was a founding team member of AOL in Australia. And, she sat on the VC side of the fence before entering the world of banking. Seven years ago, after a moment of clarity, she left the corporate world and launched into creating her own niche in innovation execution and digital marketing. Now, the CMO and Practice Lead at boutique consultancy edgelabs, she advises businesses, from enterprises to startups, on innovation execution and digital disruption. She has been named in the top 50 influencers in the Australian start-up scene. Jen is the current editor of Anthill, an online business publication without the boring bits created for entrepreneurs, business builders and innovators. She is also the Australia and New Zealand writer analyst for the global online classified researcher, AIM Group. Plus, she’s an Advisory Board Member for Ice Cream Day, a non-profit organisation created by an 11 year old with a dream. She’s an avid scuba diver and, thanks to her seven year old daughter, knows quite a lot about penguins.
Think, Live, Be Positive Aggressive | Phil Soran Phil Soran, a serial entrepreneur, shares his secret for going B to B (Basement to Billions) in his TEDxFargo talk. Phil started two successful technology companies in his Minnesota basement and attributes the success to creating a special company culture called Positive Aggressive. Through humor, stories, and concrete examples, Phil challenges the audience live with more intention by creating a Positive Aggressive Lifestyle. Phil Soran is a serial entrepreneur in the technology field, founding companies that have generated thousands of jobs. Most recently, Phil was the founder, President and CEO of Compellent Technologies which started in 2002.
Build entrepreneurial equality | Chris Rabb We admire the spirit of the entrepreneur – but the fact is, it’s a lot easier to be entrepreneurial when you come from a community of wealth and privilege. Calling this out, Chris Rabb makes a bold case: It’s time to democratize entrepreneurship. Pulling stories from his own family history (and looking back to the days of US slavery), he shows why challenged communities often have a hard time sustaining new businesses – and calls for all of us to support those who are crazy and hard-headed enough to start a business, no matter where they come from. When starting a business, sometimes hard work, a great idea, and a good attitude are simply not enough. Chris Rabb explores why in his book Invisible Capital: How Unseen Forces Shape Entrepreneurial Opportunity, which looks at modern U.S. business in the context of structural inequality. He suggests that through developing commonwealth enterprises, our society can democratize entrepreneurial opportunity, which will lead toward greater social inclusion, economic sustainability and community wealth-building. Chris teaches social entrepreneurship and organizational innovation at the Fox School of Business at Temple, after running a nationally recognized business incubator in West Philadelphia. A 2013 Knight Foundation BMe Leadership Award recipient, he conducts entrepreneurial literacy outreach to individuals and groups working in low-financial- wealth communities in Philadelphia, Detroit, and Baltimore. Chris is also known for his pioneering work linking genetic testing and family history.
Fireside Chat with Steve Blank, Hosted by Prof. Len Lodish Customer Discovery and Customer Validation: Fireside Chat with Steve Blank, Hosted by Professor Len Lodish A retired eight-time serial entrepreneur-turned-educator and author, Steve Blank has changed how startups are built and how entrepreneurship is taught around the globe. He is author of the bestselling “The Startup Owner’s Manual”, and his earlier seminal work, “The Four Steps to the Epiphany,” credited with launching the Lean Startup movement. During this fireside chat, Steve Blank and Professor Len Lodish discuss the Customer Discovery and Customer Validation phases of the Customer Development Model, a technique startups use to quickly iterate and test each part of their business model.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics