Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
A friend will always answer when you call. A contact might, depending on what you’ve done for them lately.
Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters Glenn Greenwald was one of the first reporters to see — and write about — the Edward Snowden files, with their revelations about the United States’ extensive surveillance of private citizens. In this searing talk, Greenwald makes the case for why you need to care about privacy, even if you’re “not doing anything you need to hide.”
The Power of the Crowd | John Drury What do you know about crowd behaviour? Do you believe in the mindless crowd? Dr John Drury presents the crowd in a different light, highlighting how identity can shape the behaviour of a crowd. Dispelling the myth of the mindless crowd; giving it life. Dr. John Drury is a senior lecturer in Social Psychology at Sussex University. His research focuses on collective action, resilience, and reactions to situations of crowding, among others. His work has been used by the Emergency Services and the Department of Health.
The Four Superpowers of the Internet | Dave Moskovitz WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO DAVE MOSKOVITZ? Exploring how we all have access and can embody the superpowers which the internet allows us to have. What will you do with your powers? Dave is a professional director and startup investor. He’s invested in a number of New Zealand startups that are now performing on the world stage, and is on the InternetNZ and Open Polytechnic Councils. His sweet spot is the busy intersection between technology, commerce, and making the world a better place. Dave was born in California, wrote his first computer program at age 11, joined the nascent IT industry, and then immigrated to New Zealand in 1982. After starting a Ph.D in Applied Linguistics studying the phonology of New Zealand Sign Language, he cofounded one of Wellington’s early Internet startups in 1995 which later sold to a multinational. He still loves coding. Dave is on the national leadership team at Startup Weekend and Startup New Zealand, and has helped many entrepreneurs refine their ideas, find the right cofounders and team members, secure investment, enter global markets, and scale internationally.
Breaking Outside of Your Friends List | Alan Schaaf The power of online communities and how anonymous groups of people can be a source of good in this world. Alan Schaaf is the founder and CEO of the website Imgur.com, which allows you to upload and share images with the world. He’s been programming professionally since he was 14, and has started two successful bootstrapped companies through his keen eye for design and user experience. He created Imgur in 2009, and since then it’s grown into an online community where millions of people express their ideas and opinions through images. By the end of Alan’s talk, you will learn about the future of communities, how they’re changing the world, and what that means for you.
/ Ancestry, Beliefs, Biography, Climate, Culture, Destiny, Education, Evolution, Globalization, Human Capital, Humanity, Learning, Legacy Planning, Legacy Resources, Philosophy, Social Networks, Stories, Trends, Wisdom
Introduction to Thresholds of Increasing Complexity | Big History Project Threshold 1: The Big Bang | Big History Project Threshold 2: The Stars Light Up | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Stars & Galaxies Threshold 3: New Chemical Elements | Big History Project The Periodic Table: Crash Course Chemistry Threshold 4: Earth & Solar System | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Solar System & the Earth What Was The Young Earth Like? | Big History Project Threshold 5: Life on Earth Video | Big History Project Mini Thresholds Of Life | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Origin of Life How We Proved An Asteroid Wiped Out The Dinosaurs from The Big History Project Threshold 6: Humans and Collective Learning | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Human Evolution Migrations and Technological Creativity | Big History Project Threshold 7: Agriculture | Big History Project Where and Why Did the First Cities and States Appear? | Big History Project Why Did Civilizations Expand? | Big History Project How Did the World Become Interconnected? | Big History Project Threshold 8: The Modern Revolution | Big History Project Coal, Steam, and The Industrial Revolution: Crash Course World History How Did Change Accelerate? | Big History Project
When Genius and Insanity Hold Hands | Ondi Timoner The internet is a horror film starring all of us — will we step out of line and create something different? Ondi Timoner (two-time Sundance Grand Jury Prize winner) explores what happens when genius and insanity hold hands to create the impossible. In the future, 40% of jobs may be eliminated by technology — but were you working on your dream anyway? Ondi Timoner has the rare distinction of winning the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival twice, for “Dig!” (2004) and “We Live in Public” (2009). She currently produces and hosts the only documentary talk show in the world, BYOD (Bring Your Own Doc), which has more than 150 episodes, and has created an online network for entrepreneurs, innovators and artists documenting the top thought-leaders and doers who use technology to disrupt old paradigms, called A Total Disruption. Timoner has also directed numerous commercials for such clients as Ford, State Farm, the Clinton Foundation and many music videos for artists including Lucinda Williams, The Jonas Brothers, The Vines, OK Go and Fastball, which garnered her a Grammy nomination in 1998. She is a fellow of the Sundance Institute and the Tribeca All-Access Program, and has been a member of the Director’s Guild of America since 2006.
How to Be Beautiful In this episode of The Charged Life, high performance coach and motivational speaker Brendon Burchard reveals what makes people beautiful: aliveness and authenticity. Brendon Burchard is a #1 New York Times bestselling author whose books include THE CHARGE, THE MILLIONAIRE MESSENGER, and LIFE’S GOLDEN TICKET. He is also the founder of High Performance Academy, the legendary personal growth and development training for achievers. Larry King named Brendon “one of the top motivation and marketing trainers in the world.” After a car accident at 19 years old inspired him to turn his life around and follow his dreams, and then having the blessings to become a multimillionaire writer and trainer by the age of 32, Brendon has dedicated his life to helping others find their charge and share their voice with the world. He is now one of the most in-demand motivational speakers and life coaches in the world.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Pay attention to these three financial experts if you want to survive the coming financial superstorm: Michael Pento, James Rickards and Gerald CelenteFebruary 21, 2017
- Pursue Those Scary Dreams and Crazy Ideas to Make Every Day Your Best Day EverFebruary 20, 2017
- How to Help Employees Remember What They Learned in TrainingFebruary 20, 2017
- 5 Things to Look for When Hiring a Consulting FirmFebruary 20, 2017
- You’re Not Elon Musk or Richard Branson. Here’s What You Need to Know About Approaching the Media.February 20, 2017
- Who Needs Goals When You Can Develop New, Good HabitsFebruary 20, 2017
- 6 Tips For Leaders to Set Smart Sales GoalsFebruary 20, 2017
- Why Some Startups Succeed (and Why Most Fail)February 20, 2017
- Want a More Creative Team? Start by Taming Your Own Ego.February 20, 2017
- Presidential Lessons in Leadership and BusinessFebruary 20, 2017
- 3 Key Steps to Expand Your Culture to New CitiesFebruary 20, 2017
- 15 Science-Backed Memory Tips to Help You Succeed (Infographic)February 20, 2017
- 9 Small-Business Trends That Should Be on Every Entrepreneur’s RadarFebruary 20, 2017
- What This CEO Learned by Working in His Company’s Call CenterFebruary 20, 2017
- Sorry But Successful People Don’t Care About Your Brilliant IdeaFebruary 20, 2017
- 5 Important Business Lessons You Can Learn from Billionaire Oprah WinfreyFebruary 20, 2017
- Smartphones are making your car insurance more expensiveFebruary 20, 2017
- China’s economy is dangerously close to unravelingFebruary 20, 2017
- Hitler’s phone sold for almost $250k at US auctionFebruary 20, 2017
- Mark Cuban: Robots will ‘cause unemployment and we need to prepare for it’February 20, 2017
- A 31-year-old millionaire who’s read 360 personal finance books shares his favoriteFebruary 20, 2017
- 3 mistakes you want to avoid with your bond portfolioFebruary 20, 2017
- Japan is the cheapest stock market in the developed worldFebruary 20, 2017
- China and Shadow Financing | Mark MobiusFebruary 20, 2017
- An important psychological shift is taking place in the US economyFebruary 20, 2017
- 4 questions to ask yourself to make sure you get the most out of your travel rewards cardFebruary 20, 2017
- Here’s when you should — and shouldn’t — hire a financial plannerFebruary 20, 2017
- 10 jobs that will make you happy and richFebruary 20, 2017
- The 22 best places to live in America if you want to make a lot of moneyFebruary 20, 2017
- This is the greatest Corvette ever – and it’s only $70,000February 20, 2017
- Jose Cuervo Goes Public, Makes Billionaires Out Of Tequila Industry PioneersFebruary 20, 2017
- The Most Successful Hedge Funds In The World Right NowFebruary 20, 2017
- Oprah Sold A Painting For $150 Million Last YearFebruary 20, 2017
- The Yankees Are Paying Alex Rodriguez More Than $100,000 Per Day Not To Play… So They Invited Him To Spring TrainingFebruary 20, 2017
- British territory seizes Russian billionaire’s super-yachtFebruary 20, 2017
- A Billionaire’s Party Is a Lens on Wealth in the Trump Era | BusinessMirrorFebruary 20, 2017
- Snap Co-Founder Spiegel Inches Closer to $588 Million PaydayFebruary 20, 2017
- The 9 Traits That Define Great LeadershipFebruary 19, 2017
- 10 Effective Communication Habits of the Most Successful PeopleFebruary 19, 2017
- Getting In The Zone: 5 Strategies To Help You Keep Focus, Be Calm and Perform Under PressureFebruary 19, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics