Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
A friend will always answer when you call. A contact might, depending on what you’ve done for them lately.
Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters Glenn Greenwald was one of the first reporters to see — and write about — the Edward Snowden files, with their revelations about the United States’ extensive surveillance of private citizens. In this searing talk, Greenwald makes the case for why you need to care about privacy, even if you’re “not doing anything you need to hide.”
The Power of the Crowd | John Drury What do you know about crowd behaviour? Do you believe in the mindless crowd? Dr John Drury presents the crowd in a different light, highlighting how identity can shape the behaviour of a crowd. Dispelling the myth of the mindless crowd; giving it life. Dr. John Drury is a senior lecturer in Social Psychology at Sussex University. His research focuses on collective action, resilience, and reactions to situations of crowding, among others. His work has been used by the Emergency Services and the Department of Health.
The Four Superpowers of the Internet | Dave Moskovitz WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO DAVE MOSKOVITZ? Exploring how we all have access and can embody the superpowers which the internet allows us to have. What will you do with your powers? Dave is a professional director and startup investor. He’s invested in a number of New Zealand startups that are now performing on the world stage, and is on the InternetNZ and Open Polytechnic Councils. His sweet spot is the busy intersection between technology, commerce, and making the world a better place. Dave was born in California, wrote his first computer program at age 11, joined the nascent IT industry, and then immigrated to New Zealand in 1982. After starting a Ph.D in Applied Linguistics studying the phonology of New Zealand Sign Language, he cofounded one of Wellington’s early Internet startups in 1995 which later sold to a multinational. He still loves coding. Dave is on the national leadership team at Startup Weekend and Startup New Zealand, and has helped many entrepreneurs refine their ideas, find the right cofounders and team members, secure investment, enter global markets, and scale internationally.
Breaking Outside of Your Friends List | Alan Schaaf The power of online communities and how anonymous groups of people can be a source of good in this world. Alan Schaaf is the founder and CEO of the website Imgur.com, which allows you to upload and share images with the world. He’s been programming professionally since he was 14, and has started two successful bootstrapped companies through his keen eye for design and user experience. He created Imgur in 2009, and since then it’s grown into an online community where millions of people express their ideas and opinions through images. By the end of Alan’s talk, you will learn about the future of communities, how they’re changing the world, and what that means for you.
/ Ancestry, Beliefs, Biography, Climate, Culture, Destiny, Education, Evolution, Globalization, Human Capital, Humanity, Learning, Legacy Planning, Legacy Resources, Philosophy, Social Networks, Stories, Trends, Wisdom
Introduction to Thresholds of Increasing Complexity | Big History Project Threshold 1: The Big Bang | Big History Project Threshold 2: The Stars Light Up | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Stars & Galaxies Threshold 3: New Chemical Elements | Big History Project The Periodic Table: Crash Course Chemistry Threshold 4: Earth & Solar System | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Solar System & the Earth What Was The Young Earth Like? | Big History Project Threshold 5: Life on Earth Video | Big History Project Mini Thresholds Of Life | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Origin of Life How We Proved An Asteroid Wiped Out The Dinosaurs from The Big History Project Threshold 6: Humans and Collective Learning | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Human Evolution Migrations and Technological Creativity | Big History Project Threshold 7: Agriculture | Big History Project Where and Why Did the First Cities and States Appear? | Big History Project Why Did Civilizations Expand? | Big History Project How Did the World Become Interconnected? | Big History Project Threshold 8: The Modern Revolution | Big History Project Coal, Steam, and The Industrial Revolution: Crash Course World History How Did Change Accelerate? | Big History Project
When Genius and Insanity Hold Hands | Ondi Timoner The internet is a horror film starring all of us — will we step out of line and create something different? Ondi Timoner (two-time Sundance Grand Jury Prize winner) explores what happens when genius and insanity hold hands to create the impossible. In the future, 40% of jobs may be eliminated by technology — but were you working on your dream anyway? Ondi Timoner has the rare distinction of winning the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival twice, for “Dig!” (2004) and “We Live in Public” (2009). She currently produces and hosts the only documentary talk show in the world, BYOD (Bring Your Own Doc), which has more than 150 episodes, and has created an online network for entrepreneurs, innovators and artists documenting the top thought-leaders and doers who use technology to disrupt old paradigms, called A Total Disruption. Timoner has also directed numerous commercials for such clients as Ford, State Farm, the Clinton Foundation and many music videos for artists including Lucinda Williams, The Jonas Brothers, The Vines, OK Go and Fastball, which garnered her a Grammy nomination in 1998. She is a fellow of the Sundance Institute and the Tribeca All-Access Program, and has been a member of the Director’s Guild of America since 2006.
How to Be Beautiful In this episode of The Charged Life, high performance coach and motivational speaker Brendon Burchard reveals what makes people beautiful: aliveness and authenticity. Brendon Burchard is a #1 New York Times bestselling author whose books include THE CHARGE, THE MILLIONAIRE MESSENGER, and LIFE’S GOLDEN TICKET. He is also the founder of High Performance Academy, the legendary personal growth and development training for achievers. Larry King named Brendon “one of the top motivation and marketing trainers in the world.” After a car accident at 19 years old inspired him to turn his life around and follow his dreams, and then having the blessings to become a multimillionaire writer and trainer by the age of 32, Brendon has dedicated his life to helping others find their charge and share their voice with the world. He is now one of the most in-demand motivational speakers and life coaches in the world.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered upper classMarch 25, 2017
- Infographic: The Top 10 Habits of Millionaires for Building WealthMarch 25, 2017
- Cheat Sheet: NAFTA’s Mixed Track Record Since 1994March 25, 2017
- Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War… And No One Is Talking About ItMarch 25, 2017
- The Disease of Being BusyMarch 25, 2017
- 5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is UnacceptableMarch 25, 2017
- Six symptoms your organization is killing innovationMarch 25, 2017
- How Rudeness Stops People from Working TogetherMarch 25, 2017
- Three Undeniable Truths I’ve Learned On My Leadership JourneyMarch 25, 2017
- After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He’ll Give Him Financial ReportsMarch 25, 2017
- Faced With World’s Highest Car Prices, Singapore’s Rich Swap Supercars For Luxury Motor YachtsMarch 25, 2017
- How This Millennial CEO Of 3 Companies Handles Work Life BalanceMarch 25, 2017
- How Trump’s Web Of Influence Extends From Indonesia To Silicon ValleyMarch 25, 2017
- How Alibaba’s Jack Ma Is Building a Truly Global Retail EmpireMarch 25, 2017
- A record number of Americans are now millionaires, new study showsMarch 25, 2017
- The healthcare industry is starting to turn on itself as pressure over drug prices heats upMarch 25, 2017
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Another oil glut is coming in 2018March 25, 2017
- CREDIT SUISSE: Here are the ‘danger signals’ for a stock market top that we’re watching | 03/22/17 | Markets InsiderMarch 25, 2017
- The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2017March 25, 2017
- Rupert Murdoch reportedly sold $125 million in Theranos stock for just $1March 25, 2017
- Bitcoin tumbles below $1,000March 25, 2017
- One chart shows the huge amount of money Apple is spending to buy its own stockMarch 25, 2017
- The US government’s laptop ban is now in effect — here’s what we know so farMarch 25, 2017
- Ivanka Trump’s new White House position could be an ethical minefieldMarch 25, 2017
- NBA Great Yao Ming Is Making a Big Impact with His Latest VentureMarch 24, 2017
- Omega’s Latest Seamaster Planet Ocean Is Dressed in Blue Ceramic for the First TimeMarch 24, 2017
- Porsche Design’s Monobloc Actuator Rewrites the Rules of Chronograph DesignMarch 24, 2017
- The Largest Diamond in North America Hits the RoadMarch 24, 2017
- Bryant Park Grill Offers a Rare Pappy Van Winkle DinnerMarch 24, 2017
- 4 of the Best New Women’s Watches on Display at Baselworld 2017March 24, 2017
- Woman Claims Ex-Husband Donated Funds To University That Belong To HerMarch 24, 2017
- The Story Of Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Now Prisoner In Chinese JailMarch 24, 2017
- How Tom & Judy Love Turned The Crippling 1970s Fuel Crisis Into A Multi Billion Dollar Travel EmpireMarch 24, 2017
- If ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Makes Enough Money, Emma Watson Will Score Up To $15 MillionMarch 24, 2017
- Las Pozas: The “Surrealist Xanadu” Playground Built By A Millionaire In The Mexican JungleMarch 24, 2017
- Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge Made $98.5 Million Last YearMarch 24, 2017
- The 10 Most Valuable NBA Teams This YearMarch 24, 2017
- The Richest People In The U.S. Right NowMarch 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics