Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
A friend will always answer when you call. A contact might, depending on what you’ve done for them lately.
Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters Glenn Greenwald was one of the first reporters to see — and write about — the Edward Snowden files, with their revelations about the United States’ extensive surveillance of private citizens. In this searing talk, Greenwald makes the case for why you need to care about privacy, even if you’re “not doing anything you need to hide.”
The Power of the Crowd | John Drury What do you know about crowd behaviour? Do you believe in the mindless crowd? Dr John Drury presents the crowd in a different light, highlighting how identity can shape the behaviour of a crowd. Dispelling the myth of the mindless crowd; giving it life. Dr. John Drury is a senior lecturer in Social Psychology at Sussex University. His research focuses on collective action, resilience, and reactions to situations of crowding, among others. His work has been used by the Emergency Services and the Department of Health.
The Four Superpowers of the Internet | Dave Moskovitz WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO DAVE MOSKOVITZ? Exploring how we all have access and can embody the superpowers which the internet allows us to have. What will you do with your powers? Dave is a professional director and startup investor. He’s invested in a number of New Zealand startups that are now performing on the world stage, and is on the InternetNZ and Open Polytechnic Councils. His sweet spot is the busy intersection between technology, commerce, and making the world a better place. Dave was born in California, wrote his first computer program at age 11, joined the nascent IT industry, and then immigrated to New Zealand in 1982. After starting a Ph.D in Applied Linguistics studying the phonology of New Zealand Sign Language, he cofounded one of Wellington’s early Internet startups in 1995 which later sold to a multinational. He still loves coding. Dave is on the national leadership team at Startup Weekend and Startup New Zealand, and has helped many entrepreneurs refine their ideas, find the right cofounders and team members, secure investment, enter global markets, and scale internationally.
Breaking Outside of Your Friends List | Alan Schaaf The power of online communities and how anonymous groups of people can be a source of good in this world. Alan Schaaf is the founder and CEO of the website Imgur.com, which allows you to upload and share images with the world. He’s been programming professionally since he was 14, and has started two successful bootstrapped companies through his keen eye for design and user experience. He created Imgur in 2009, and since then it’s grown into an online community where millions of people express their ideas and opinions through images. By the end of Alan’s talk, you will learn about the future of communities, how they’re changing the world, and what that means for you.
/ Ancestry, Beliefs, Biography, Climate, Culture, Destiny, Education, Evolution, Globalization, Human Capital, Humanity, Learning, Legacy Planning, Legacy Resources, Philosophy, Social Networks, Stories, Trends, Wisdom
Introduction to Thresholds of Increasing Complexity | Big History Project Threshold 1: The Big Bang | Big History Project Threshold 2: The Stars Light Up | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Stars & Galaxies Threshold 3: New Chemical Elements | Big History Project The Periodic Table: Crash Course Chemistry Threshold 4: Earth & Solar System | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Solar System & the Earth What Was The Young Earth Like? | Big History Project Threshold 5: Life on Earth Video | Big History Project Mini Thresholds Of Life | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Origin of Life How We Proved An Asteroid Wiped Out The Dinosaurs from The Big History Project Threshold 6: Humans and Collective Learning | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Human Evolution Migrations and Technological Creativity | Big History Project Threshold 7: Agriculture | Big History Project Where and Why Did the First Cities and States Appear? | Big History Project Why Did Civilizations Expand? | Big History Project How Did the World Become Interconnected? | Big History Project Threshold 8: The Modern Revolution | Big History Project Coal, Steam, and The Industrial Revolution: Crash Course World History How Did Change Accelerate? | Big History Project
When Genius and Insanity Hold Hands | Ondi Timoner The internet is a horror film starring all of us — will we step out of line and create something different? Ondi Timoner (two-time Sundance Grand Jury Prize winner) explores what happens when genius and insanity hold hands to create the impossible. In the future, 40% of jobs may be eliminated by technology — but were you working on your dream anyway? Ondi Timoner has the rare distinction of winning the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival twice, for “Dig!” (2004) and “We Live in Public” (2009). She currently produces and hosts the only documentary talk show in the world, BYOD (Bring Your Own Doc), which has more than 150 episodes, and has created an online network for entrepreneurs, innovators and artists documenting the top thought-leaders and doers who use technology to disrupt old paradigms, called A Total Disruption. Timoner has also directed numerous commercials for such clients as Ford, State Farm, the Clinton Foundation and many music videos for artists including Lucinda Williams, The Jonas Brothers, The Vines, OK Go and Fastball, which garnered her a Grammy nomination in 1998. She is a fellow of the Sundance Institute and the Tribeca All-Access Program, and has been a member of the Director’s Guild of America since 2006.
How to Be Beautiful In this episode of The Charged Life, high performance coach and motivational speaker Brendon Burchard reveals what makes people beautiful: aliveness and authenticity. Brendon Burchard is a #1 New York Times bestselling author whose books include THE CHARGE, THE MILLIONAIRE MESSENGER, and LIFE’S GOLDEN TICKET. He is also the founder of High Performance Academy, the legendary personal growth and development training for achievers. Larry King named Brendon “one of the top motivation and marketing trainers in the world.” After a car accident at 19 years old inspired him to turn his life around and follow his dreams, and then having the blessings to become a multimillionaire writer and trainer by the age of 32, Brendon has dedicated his life to helping others find their charge and share their voice with the world. He is now one of the most in-demand motivational speakers and life coaches in the world.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- 5 Money Lessons Women Must LearnDecember 3, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Saving for EmergenciesDecember 3, 2016
- Dow 20,000: Stock Market Milestone Is Tantalizingly CloseDecember 3, 2016
- 23 Tax Deductions You Can’t Afford to OverlookDecember 3, 2016
- Five ways to hard-wire children for a lifetime of givingDecember 3, 2016
- Author David Bach on how Trump presidency impacts financial planningDecember 3, 2016
- Establishing Your Retirement NumberDecember 3, 2016
- 4 Different Ways to Think of RetirementDecember 3, 2016
- Some 6 million Americans are delinquent with auto loans and it’s going to get worseDecember 3, 2016
- 5 Ways To Delegate EffectivelyDecember 3, 2016
- Are Parents Helping Or Hurting Millennials In The Workplace?December 3, 2016
- Why Richard Branson, Jack Dorsey and other billionaires wake up at dawnDecember 3, 2016
- Canada Making Mistake With Reliance On Oil, Housing: Think TankDecember 3, 2016
- Canada’s Unemployment Rate Drops For The Wrong ReasonDecember 3, 2016
- Conor McGregor Demands To Own A Stake In UFCDecember 3, 2016
- Anheuser-Busch Sets Its Sights On Buying Coca-ColaDecember 3, 2016
- Kanye’s Insurance Policy May Save Him Over $30 MillionDecember 3, 2016
- From Factory Worker To Billionaire Supplier For NikeDecember 3, 2016
- Should Trump Ban Importing Oil from Saudi Arabia?December 3, 2016
- The Secret Service Considering Renting Out A Floor In Trump TowerDecember 3, 2016
- Man Inherits House, Finds $3.7 Million Worth Of Gold Stuffed InsideDecember 3, 2016
- Billionaire Wilbur Ross Named Commerce Secretary Under President-Elect TrumpDecember 3, 2016
- How Two Doctors Saved A Generation From Polio Then Forfeited BILLIONS In Royalties… For The Good Of HumanityDecember 3, 2016
- How Madonna Went From An Aspirating Dancer To World Wide Pop Star With An $800 Million FortuneDecember 3, 2016
- How An Irish Teenager Became A World-Wide Rock Star With A $700 Million FortuneDecember 3, 2016
- There’s A New, Youngest Self-Made Billionaire In The WorldDecember 3, 2016
- Rags To Multi-Billionaire Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Steps Down To Focus On Philanthropy And Social CausesDecember 3, 2016
- These Are The Highest-Paid Players In The NBADecember 3, 2016
- NO! The Founder Of Corona Did NOT Leave $200 Million To His VillageDecember 3, 2016
- 38 enterprise startups that will boom in 2017, according to VC investorsDecember 3, 2016
- Trump likely just infuriated China with the US’s first call to Taiwan since 1979December 3, 2016
- Healthcare spending in the US just did something that rarely happens outside a recessionDecember 3, 2016
- Americans, Not Mexicans, Should Worry About Trump, Slim SaysDecember 3, 2016
- Global Bonds Suffer Worst Monthly Meltdown as $1.7 Trillion LostDecember 3, 2016
- Electric Cars Could Take an OPEC-Sized Bite From Oil DemandDecember 3, 2016
- Since Trump’s Election, Mark Zuckerberg’s Net Worth Has Fallen $3.7 BillionDecember 3, 2016
- Self-made millionaire: This critical mindset shift helped me earn my first millionDecember 3, 2016
- Mark Cuban says that his best life hack is saying yes to email and no to meetingsDecember 3, 2016
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg calls on CEOs to make sure employees get enough sleepDecember 3, 2016
- How two 25-year-old college dropouts built a watch company that made $60 million this yearDecember 3, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics