Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
All Work and No Play: Lenny St Jean Lenny St Jean, of More Training Solutions, is a deeply experienced youth worker and trainer based in Lancaster. He has for a number of year been heavily involved with Lancaster University: Delivering outreach activity, training volunteers and running various events to empower and develop our student officers. Lenny strongly believes that to learn you must first enjoy and engage with an activity. This is reflected in his energetic, thoughtful and creative delivery. Lenny will be taking to the stage to talk about why we abandon ‘learning through play’ when we get “too old” for it and how beneficial it is for us to carry on exploring our environment and learning from playing.
Can playing video games make you more productive? Gabe Zichermann shows how games are making kids better problem-solvers, and will make us better at everything from driving to multi-tasking. Do kids these days have short attention spans, or does the world just move too slow? Gabe Zichermann suggests that today’s video games are making children smarter — and we should all embrace gamification Why you should listen to him: Gabe Zichermann is an entrepreneur and author whose work centers on gamification–and the power of games to help engage people and build strong organizations and communities. In 2010, he chaired the Gamification summit, a conference dedicated to gamification and “engagement mechanics.” An avid blogger on the subject, he co-authored the book “Game-Based Marketing”, which examines the innovative trend of using game mechanics to engage and build a customer base. “If you haven’t applied games to advertising, marketing, or brand management, you’ll want to get and study this book — or it could be game over for you.” Jonathan Epstein CEO, Double Fusion, former EVP, IGN/Gamespy
/ Aging and Longevity, Choices, Creativity, Happiness, Health Resources, Human Capital, Humanity, Ideas, Innovation, Meaning and Purpose, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Play, Power of Intention, Productivity, Psychology Resources
A pioneer in research on play, Dr. Stuart Brown says humor, games, roughhousing, flirtation and fantasy are more than just fun. Plenty of play in childhood makes for happy, smart adults — and keeping it up can make us smarter at any age. Stuart Brown’s research shows play is not just joyful and energizing — it’s deeply involved with human development and intelligence. Through the National Institute for Play, he’s working to better understand its significance. Why you should listen to him: Dr. Stuart Brown came to research play through research on murderers — unlikely as that seems — after he found a stunning common thread in killers’ stories: lack of play in childhood. Since then, he’s interviewed thousands of people to catalog their relationships with play, noting a strong correlation between success and playful activity. His book Play describes the impact play can have on one’s life. With the support of the National Geographic Society and Jane Goodall, he has observed animal play in the wild, where he first concieved of play as an evolved behavior important for the well being — and survival — of animals, especially those of higher intelligence. Now, through his organization, the National Institute for Play, he hopes to expand the study of human play into a vital science — and help people everywhere enjoy and participate in play throughout life. “Finally, a good excuse to goof off … Brown builds a compelling case for the importance of recreation to success and creativity — and insists that grown-ups need it too.” Discover Magazine
/ Behaviour Economics, Body Language, Children, Choices, Communication, Conation, Conversation, Emotions, Friendship, Habits, Happiness, Health Resources, Human Capital, Ideas, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Love, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Motivation, Neuroscience, Passion, Personality Types, Play, Power of Intention, Psychology Resources, Self Awareness
Ron Gutman reviews a raft of studies about smiling, and reveals some surprising results. Did you know your smile can be a predictor of how long you’ll live — and that a simple smile has a measurable effect on your overall well-being? Prepare to flex a few facial muscles as you learn more about this evolutionarily contagious behavior. Ron Gutman is the founder and CEO of HealthTap, a personalized health-info site that’s currently in beta. Why you should listen to him: Ron Gutman is the founder and CEO of HealthTap, responsible for the company’s innovation, vision and product. Before this, he was founder and CEO of Wellsphere, an online consumer health company that developed the world’s largest community of independent health writers; it was acquired in early 2009. As a graduate student at Stanford, Gutman organized and led a multidisciplinary group of faculty and graduate students from the schools of Engineering, Medicine, Business, Psychology and Law to conduct research in personalized health and to design ways to help people live healthier, happier lives. He is an angel investor and advisor to health and technology companies such as Rock Health (the first Interactive Health Incubator) and Harvard Medical School‘s SMArt Initiative (“Substitutable Medical Apps, reusable technologies”).
/ Anthony Robbins, Beliefs, Care, Change, Character, Children, Choices, Communication, Compassion, Consequences, Conversation, Crisis, Death, Emotions, Family, Family Values, Fear, Forgiveness, Health Resources, Importance of Language, Inspiration, Love, Meaning and Purpose, Motivation, Play, Problems, Psychology Resources, Regrets, Relationship Resources, Stories, Values
The Smiths It’s probably the hardest thing you can ever imagine… your child almost dying. Then, even after the miracle of your kid being brought back from the brink, your life is continually racked with guilt, depression and fear – tearing the very family you so desperately want to protect completely apart. Will you ever be able to see the gift that comes from experiencing devastating trauma? What is a Breakthrough? A breakthrough is a moment in time when the impossible becomes possible. When something happens that shapes you, that moves you. Maybe you meet someone that inspires you. Maybe it’s a tool or a strategy that you learn. Maybe you finally get so fed up you won’t settle for the life that you have any more. It’s when something inside of you clicks and everything changes. You take massive action and you transform your life.
/ Anthony Robbins, Beliefs, Biography, Character, Choices, College, Communication, Compassion, Confidence, Consequences, Crisis, Discipline, Ego, Failure, Family, Family Values, Fear, Forgiveness, Friendship, Goals, Habits, Happiness, Health Resources, Inspiration, Listening, Love, Marriage, Money, Money Values, Motivation, Passion, Philosophy, Play, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Psychology of Money, Psychology Resources, Relationship Resources, Self Esteem, Stories, Success, Team, Unique Abilities, Values, Vocation, Work Life balance
The Story of Juaquin and Kim Imagine. You’ve beaten all the odds, you’re doing something most people can only dream about — you’re a professional basketball player at the top of your game. Then, suddenly, tragedy strikes as you suffer a crippling stroke mid-season leaving your sports career destroyed. How can you still feel like a winner in life even though you no longer play the game? What is a Breakthrough? A breakthrough is a moment in time when the impossible becomes possible. When something happens that shapes you, that moves you. Maybe you meet someone that inspires you. Maybe it’s a tool or a strategy that you learn. Maybe you finally get so fed up you won’t settle for the life that you have any more. It’s when something inside of you clicks and everything changes. You take massive action and you transform your life.
WPBF’s Kristin Hoke talks to an ‘unlikely’ local entrepreneur, computer visionary and business mogul Marc Bell.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- How to Build a Peter Lynch-Style Growth Strategy – GuruFocus.comJanuary 17, 2017
- Ten Guaranteed Ways To Appear Smarter Than You AreJanuary 17, 2017
- Is Warren Buffett Wrong About Bitcoin?January 17, 2017
- BILLIONAIRES EVERYWHERE: Here are the richest people in ArizonaJanuary 17, 2017
- Glass Screens For iPhones Makes Hong Kong Couple Into BillionairesJanuary 17, 2017
- Departed Tennessee Millionaire Leaves Entire Fortune To Animal ShelterJanuary 17, 2017
- The 49ers Are Still Paying Millions To Coaches Who Don’t Work For Them AnymoreJanuary 17, 2017
- Charles Feeney Fulfills Pledge To Give All Of His Billions AwayJanuary 17, 2017
- These Are The Inspirational Mantras Richard Branson Is Following In 2017January 17, 2017
- Sears Holdings CEO Has Put Up $1 Billion Of His Money Over The Past Two Years In An Effort To Keep Company AfloatJanuary 17, 2017
- Michael Keaton Had A Pretty Good Reason For Turning Down Third ‘Batman’ FilmJanuary 17, 2017
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made An Insane Amount Of Money For Getting FiredJanuary 17, 2017
- Nas Pays The IRS $3.5 Million In Back TaxesJanuary 17, 2017
- Floyd Mayweather Offered Conor McGregor $15 Million For Their Potential SuperfightJanuary 17, 2017
- PWC: Nearly one-third of Malaysia’s family businesses don’t have succession planJanuary 17, 2017
- Why Harvard is Billionaire University…January 17, 2017
- Affluent U.S. Investors Bullish on Technology and Healthcare Sectors in 2017 According to New Spectrem Group ReportJanuary 17, 2017
- BREAKING NEWS: Bayer Could Pledge Billions to U.S. Investment and New Jobs if Monsanto Deal Wins ApprovalJanuary 17, 2017
- Richard Branson: There Needs to Be ‘Perpetual Revolution’ Within Your BusinessJanuary 17, 2017
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The risk of a full-blown trade war between the US and China is risingJanuary 17, 2017
- The rise of Larry Ellison, the jet-setting billionaire founder of OracleJanuary 17, 2017
- Theresa May ‘seems determined to tank the economy’: MPs react to the Prime Minister’s ‘Hard Brexit’ speechJanuary 17, 2017
- Germany and France are furious with Donald Trump — and he’s not even taken office yetJanuary 17, 2017
- TRUMP: The strong dollar is ‘killing us’January 17, 2017
- China takes the spotlightJanuary 17, 2017
- China’s Oil Collapse Is Unintentionally Helping OPECJanuary 17, 2017
- Vanguard Sees Bank of Canada Following Fed Higher This YearJanuary 17, 2017
- Davos elite in ‘bubble’ so didn’t predict Brexit, Trump, CEO of world’s largest ad agency admitsJanuary 17, 2017
- Globalization hasn’t fixed the gap between rich and poor, top CEOs sayJanuary 17, 2017
- British company’s $49.4 billion deal for Reynolds will create world’s biggest public tobacco companyJanuary 17, 2017
- World needs to invest $25 trillion in new oil capacity over next 25 years, Saudi Aramco CEO saysJanuary 17, 2017
- Donald Trump is the poster child of sleep deprivation: Arianna HuffingtonJanuary 17, 2017
- What Donald Trump’s economic agenda means to youJanuary 17, 2017
- Social Security’s looming $11 trillion shortfallJanuary 17, 2017
- Sponsored ArticleJanuary 17, 2017
- Acacia Jumps in London on $4 Billion Endeavour Merger TalksJanuary 17, 2017
- Noble Energy to buy Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billionJanuary 17, 2017
- GCC’s financial assets forecast to fall to $2.1trn by end-2017January 17, 2017
- Inside the luxury world’s commission cultureJanuary 17, 2017
- Priceline Founder Raises $50 Million for New VentureJanuary 17, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics