Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
All Work and No Play: Lenny St Jean Lenny St Jean, of More Training Solutions, is a deeply experienced youth worker and trainer based in Lancaster. He has for a number of year been heavily involved with Lancaster University: Delivering outreach activity, training volunteers and running various events to empower and develop our student officers. Lenny strongly believes that to learn you must first enjoy and engage with an activity. This is reflected in his energetic, thoughtful and creative delivery. Lenny will be taking to the stage to talk about why we abandon ‘learning through play’ when we get “too old” for it and how beneficial it is for us to carry on exploring our environment and learning from playing.
Can playing video games make you more productive? Gabe Zichermann shows how games are making kids better problem-solvers, and will make us better at everything from driving to multi-tasking. Do kids these days have short attention spans, or does the world just move too slow? Gabe Zichermann suggests that today’s video games are making children smarter — and we should all embrace gamification Why you should listen to him: Gabe Zichermann is an entrepreneur and author whose work centers on gamification–and the power of games to help engage people and build strong organizations and communities. In 2010, he chaired the Gamification summit, a conference dedicated to gamification and “engagement mechanics.” An avid blogger on the subject, he co-authored the book “Game-Based Marketing”, which examines the innovative trend of using game mechanics to engage and build a customer base. “If you haven’t applied games to advertising, marketing, or brand management, you’ll want to get and study this book — or it could be game over for you.” Jonathan Epstein CEO, Double Fusion, former EVP, IGN/Gamespy
/ Aging and Longevity, Choices, Creativity, Happiness, Health Resources, Human Capital, Humanity, Ideas, Innovation, Meaning and Purpose, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Play, Power of Intention, Productivity, Psychology Resources
A pioneer in research on play, Dr. Stuart Brown says humor, games, roughhousing, flirtation and fantasy are more than just fun. Plenty of play in childhood makes for happy, smart adults — and keeping it up can make us smarter at any age. Stuart Brown’s research shows play is not just joyful and energizing — it’s deeply involved with human development and intelligence. Through the National Institute for Play, he’s working to better understand its significance. Why you should listen to him: Dr. Stuart Brown came to research play through research on murderers — unlikely as that seems — after he found a stunning common thread in killers’ stories: lack of play in childhood. Since then, he’s interviewed thousands of people to catalog their relationships with play, noting a strong correlation between success and playful activity. His book Play describes the impact play can have on one’s life. With the support of the National Geographic Society and Jane Goodall, he has observed animal play in the wild, where he first concieved of play as an evolved behavior important for the well being — and survival — of animals, especially those of higher intelligence. Now, through his organization, the National Institute for Play, he hopes to expand the study of human play into a vital science — and help people everywhere enjoy and participate in play throughout life. “Finally, a good excuse to goof off … Brown builds a compelling case for the importance of recreation to success and creativity — and insists that grown-ups need it too.” Discover Magazine
/ Behaviour Economics, Body Language, Children, Choices, Communication, Conation, Conversation, Emotions, Friendship, Habits, Happiness, Health Resources, Human Capital, Ideas, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Love, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Motivation, Neuroscience, Passion, Personality Types, Play, Power of Intention, Psychology Resources, Self Awareness
Ron Gutman reviews a raft of studies about smiling, and reveals some surprising results. Did you know your smile can be a predictor of how long you’ll live — and that a simple smile has a measurable effect on your overall well-being? Prepare to flex a few facial muscles as you learn more about this evolutionarily contagious behavior. Ron Gutman is the founder and CEO of HealthTap, a personalized health-info site that’s currently in beta. Why you should listen to him: Ron Gutman is the founder and CEO of HealthTap, responsible for the company’s innovation, vision and product. Before this, he was founder and CEO of Wellsphere, an online consumer health company that developed the world’s largest community of independent health writers; it was acquired in early 2009. As a graduate student at Stanford, Gutman organized and led a multidisciplinary group of faculty and graduate students from the schools of Engineering, Medicine, Business, Psychology and Law to conduct research in personalized health and to design ways to help people live healthier, happier lives. He is an angel investor and advisor to health and technology companies such as Rock Health (the first Interactive Health Incubator) and Harvard Medical School‘s SMArt Initiative (“Substitutable Medical Apps, reusable technologies”).
/ Anthony Robbins, Beliefs, Care, Change, Character, Children, Choices, Communication, Compassion, Consequences, Conversation, Crisis, Death, Emotions, Family, Family Values, Fear, Forgiveness, Health Resources, Importance of Language, Inspiration, Love, Meaning and Purpose, Motivation, Play, Problems, Psychology Resources, Regrets, Relationship Resources, Stories, Values
The Smiths It’s probably the hardest thing you can ever imagine… your child almost dying. Then, even after the miracle of your kid being brought back from the brink, your life is continually racked with guilt, depression and fear – tearing the very family you so desperately want to protect completely apart. Will you ever be able to see the gift that comes from experiencing devastating trauma? What is a Breakthrough? A breakthrough is a moment in time when the impossible becomes possible. When something happens that shapes you, that moves you. Maybe you meet someone that inspires you. Maybe it’s a tool or a strategy that you learn. Maybe you finally get so fed up you won’t settle for the life that you have any more. It’s when something inside of you clicks and everything changes. You take massive action and you transform your life.
/ Anthony Robbins, Beliefs, Biography, Character, Choices, College, Communication, Compassion, Confidence, Consequences, Crisis, Discipline, Ego, Failure, Family, Family Values, Fear, Forgiveness, Friendship, Goals, Habits, Happiness, Health Resources, Inspiration, Listening, Love, Marriage, Money, Money Values, Motivation, Passion, Philosophy, Play, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Psychology of Money, Psychology Resources, Relationship Resources, Self Esteem, Stories, Success, Team, Unique Abilities, Values, Vocation, Work Life balance
The Story of Juaquin and Kim Imagine. You’ve beaten all the odds, you’re doing something most people can only dream about — you’re a professional basketball player at the top of your game. Then, suddenly, tragedy strikes as you suffer a crippling stroke mid-season leaving your sports career destroyed. How can you still feel like a winner in life even though you no longer play the game? What is a Breakthrough? A breakthrough is a moment in time when the impossible becomes possible. When something happens that shapes you, that moves you. Maybe you meet someone that inspires you. Maybe it’s a tool or a strategy that you learn. Maybe you finally get so fed up you won’t settle for the life that you have any more. It’s when something inside of you clicks and everything changes. You take massive action and you transform your life.
WPBF’s Kristin Hoke talks to an ‘unlikely’ local entrepreneur, computer visionary and business mogul Marc Bell.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Four New Pinball Machines That Movie Buffs Have to PlayDecember 10, 2016
- What to Eat with These Delicious Sweet WinesDecember 10, 2016
- This Neighborhood Has Become Chicago’s Hot New Dining DestinationDecember 10, 2016
- MULTI-GENERATIONAL TRAVEL TAKES OFF IN MORE ‘DIFFICULT’ DESTINATIONSDecember 10, 2016
- 9 Chic Shearling Coats That Elevate This Season’s “It” Menswear ItemDecember 10, 2016
- 7 Perfect Gifts for Private TravelersDecember 10, 2016
- The Arcadia Sherpa Can Do Much More than Just Schlep a Superyacht’s GearDecember 10, 2016
- Al Capone’s Whiskey Brand of ChoiceDecember 10, 2016
- Three New Electric Bicycles That Are Generating Lots of BuzzDecember 10, 2016
- 3 Things To Consider Before Gifting Another FragranceDecember 10, 2016
- Jaguar’s New XKSS Is a Sexy Beast RebornDecember 10, 2016
- Bonhams to Sell an Extremely Rare Patek Philippe Grand ComplicationDecember 10, 2016
- You Could Drive for Show in This Mercedes-Benz Golf-Cart ConceptDecember 10, 2016
- WhistlePig’s Latest Limited-Release Rye Whiskey Is a WonderDecember 10, 2016
- Bentley Creates a Custom Mulsanne for Watch Designer George BamfordDecember 10, 2016
- Own the Rarest Book J.K. Rowling Ever MadeDecember 10, 2016
- Tanzania’s New Private-Island Retreat Will Take Your Breath AwayDecember 10, 2016
- Walt Disney’s Will Among Magic Kingdom Collectibles at AuctionDecember 10, 2016
- EXCLUSIVE: Palmer Johnson Launches Sleek and Sporty PJ63 Yacht LineDecember 10, 2016
- Good Whisky, Bad TimesDecember 10, 2016
- The Peninsula New York Debuts Fifth Avenue SuiteDecember 10, 2016
- An Elegant New Wine-on-Tap System for the HomeDecember 10, 2016
- 5 Transcendent Tanzanite Designs for December BirthdaysDecember 10, 2016
- Colossal Diamond Ring Tops $1.8 Million at Sotheby’s SaleDecember 10, 2016
- Sunseeker’s New Manhattan 66 Feels Like a Much Larger YachtDecember 10, 2016
- This Smooth American Rye Honors a 20th Century Whiskey MiracleDecember 10, 2016
- This $5,000 Ice Bucket Is Made from Grape SkinsDecember 10, 2016
- Vacation like Roman Nobility at This New Italian HotelDecember 10, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: Aston Martin Revives the Legendary DB4 GT ModelDecember 10, 2016
- Wealth Effect: Identifying Unique Leaders to Run a Family OfficeDecember 10, 2016
- Richard Branson: ‘Thousands’ will go to space soonDecember 10, 2016
- Beware of panic buying in bank stocksDecember 10, 2016
- Trump’s China Play Could Bring Big Profits to U.S. InvestorsDecember 10, 2016
- 10 psychological retail tricks that make you spend more moneyDecember 10, 2016
- OPEC, oil-producing nations strike deal to cut outputDecember 10, 2016
- 17 unpopular investing predictions for 2017December 10, 2016
- Americans from all corners of the economy are loving life since Trump’s electionDecember 10, 2016
- The 3rd-largest IPO of the year is off to a strong startDecember 10, 2016
- Lawsuit: Texts between Mark Zuckerberg and Marc Andreessen say the Facebook founder may want to go into governmentDecember 10, 2016
- A self-made millionaire shares 3 wealth-building concepts most people haven’t graspedDecember 10, 2016
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics