Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Non family members
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Common Mission, Communication, Communication, Conversation, Dynasties, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Office, Financial Planning, Game Changers, Governance, Importance of Language, Leadership, Listening, Management, Negotiation, Non family members, Social Capital, Social Media, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Stories, Visionary
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, CEO, Character, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Communication, Communication, Conversation, Culture, Education, Ego, Emotions, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Ethics, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Meetings, Family Values, Friendship, Game Changers, Governance, Human Resources, Importance of Language, Inspiration, Leadership, Management, Mentoring, Mind Body, Motivation, Non family members, Parenting, Philosophy, Productivity, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Self Awareness, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Talent Management, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Wisdom
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Values, CEO, Character, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Communication, Culture, Empathy, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Values, Friendship, Game Changers, Human Capital, Human Resources, Humanity, Leadership, Management, Non family members, Parenting, Philosophy, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Success, Talent Management, Team
/ Appreciation, Attitude, Beliefs, Body Language, Care, Character, Children, Choices, Compassion, Culture, Emotions, Empathy, Family, Family Values, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Friendship, Game Changers, Goals, Golden Rule, Gratitude, Happiness, Holidays, Hope, Human Capital, Ideas, Importance of Language, Inspiration, Legacy Resources, Life Mastery Resources, Love, Marriage, Meaning and Purpose, Money, Money Values, Motivation, Next Gen, Non family members, Passion, Philanthropy, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Purpose, Relationship Resources, Respect, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Service, Significance, Social Capital, Social Networks, Spiritual, Stewardship, Stories, Success, Talent Management, The Secret, True Wealth, Trust, Ultra High Net Worth, Values, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources, Well Being, Willpower, Wisdom
Your Family is your business, Mankind is your business by Enzo Calamo As this is the Holiday season, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. The other night I was watching Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol movie starring George C. Scott as Scrooge. One of the most impactful moments in the movie is when Scrooge tells Marley’s ghost, “But you were always a good man of business, Jacob.” Upon which Marley’s ghost cries out in anguish: Business! Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business! With that simple statement, Marley’s ghost teaches Scrooge, and all of us, three very important life lessons: 1) Real assets in the world are people, not possessions; 2) Your family is the first place that you experience true love and care. As a baby, and as a child, whether your memories are good or bad, you were completely dependent on others. In today’s aging world, many of our seniors are also completely dependent on others again. Is it not time that we learn that love is based on our ability of loving and caring for the living, who can love us back, AND keeping alive the memories of our loved ones who left us too soon? Material things will NEVER love us back! 3) Fulfilling your life purpose and helping others, not accumulating profits, should be man’s highest aims. In an article Nothing Beats Family, posted on www.Inspire21.com, Ridgely Goldsborough addresses the importance of family as follows: I’m deeply troubled by the number of parents who wake up too late with the realization: “My children grew up too fast. In the hustle-bustle of career and corporate rat race, I missed their childhood.” What they fail to say but too often inwardly think causes me even more pain: “…and I barely even know them.”This applies to couples as well – so in a hurry to get who-knows-where – a destination seldom defined. Relationships turn into co-habitations, romance into convenience. Very disturbing. A hundred years from now, no one will remember the size of your bank account, the car you drove or the square footage of your house. The world might differ greatly however, based on your impact in the life of a small child. Your life will most certainly improve, if you pay attention to your significant other, make the choice to put her or him first. Your example will benefit the rest of us. Our world cries out for role models and heroes of every day living. What could you do today to let your loved ones know how much they mean to you? What will you do tomorrow? And the next day? The following inspirational story, by author Jeff Davis at the Brobdingnagian Bards, further highlights the importance of spending […]
Secrets of Successful Family Businesses (Report 2 of 2) On introducing the younger generation to the family business.
Secrets of Successful Family Businesses (Report 1 of 2) On including or excluding In-Laws in the family business.
/ Beliefs, Business Succession, Business Values, CEO, Change, Children, Choices, Collaboration, Common Mission, Communication, Complexity, Conversation, Culture, Dynasties, Education, Entrepreneur, Estate Planning, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Constitution, Family Farms, Family Meetings, Family Office, Family Values, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Future, Goals, Ideas, Importance of Language, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Life Mastery Resources, Love, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Money, Money Values, Next Gen, Non family members, Passion, Philosophy, Planning, Power, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Problems, Process, Productivity, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Relationship Resources, Respect, Significance, Social Capital, Stewardship, Strategic Planning, Structure, Success, Talent Management, Team, The Secret, True Wealth, Trust, Unique Abilities, Values, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources, Wisdom
To build a sustainable and positive family or business legacy, it is very important that the following key principles be incorporated into your dynastic planning process: 1) The entire family must be involved in planning and NOT just the wealth-holder or business owner. The goal for a successful multi-generational family/business legacy is to plan “with” your family and not “at” your family. 2) The agenda for each family or family business meeting must be open to include the needs and concerns of all family members who are affected by the financial, estate, business, or legacy plan. 3) Part of the common mission for each family and business plan should be the indisputable realization that family members are the real assets and NOT the money or business. 4) Communication expectations for everyone must be setup upfront. For example, Everyone has wisdom; We need everyone’s wisdom for the wisest results; All will hear and be heard; There are no wrong answers; The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 5) The best legacy solution is one that considers the needs of future generations. A legacy plan should focus on the perspective of family wealth and the family business for at least the next seven generations. 6) A Family Constitution should be created to help with the Governance of the Legacy plan. The goal here is not to dictate the future to family members but to establish guidelines for dealing with conflicts, new opportunities, in-laws, extended family member dreams, and the future complexity involved with the growth of family members into the third generation onward. 7) Structures, and committees, must be put in place for dealing with, and implementing, the financial, estate, business, and legacy plans. Remember that a wealthy family or a profitable business cannot create a strong family but a united family with a common mission can build wealth and a sustainable and profitable family business.
/ Business Succession, Business Values, Children, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Common Mission, Communication, Conversation, Culture, Dynasties, Entrepreneur, Estate Planning, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Constitution, Family Meetings, Family Office, Family Values, Financial Literacy, Legacy Resources, Management, Money Values, Next Gen, Non family members, Philosophy, Psychology of Money, True Wealth, Ultra High Net Worth, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources
Family Governance Explained How is family governance relevant to investment professionals and Family Offices? What is a family constitution and how can it help avoid family conflicts? What lessons can we learn from the recent family conflicts that have been in the media in Asia? How should a family start if they want to form a family constitution?”
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
- The 10 Highest-Earning Golfers Of All TimeApril 24, 2017
- LeBron James Doesn’t Want Endorsement Deals From Public Companies… And It’s A BRILLIANT Business MoveApril 24, 2017
- Bill and Melinda Gates receive Légion d’Honneur medalsApril 24, 2017
- Everything you need to know about Amber Heard, the actress who seems to be dating Elon MuskApril 24, 2017
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to investingApril 23, 2017
- 15 habits of self-made millionaires, from a man who spent 5 years studying rich peopleApril 23, 2017
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and scientists agree is necessary to be happyApril 23, 2017
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to open a hotel where rooms start at $1,100 a nightApril 23, 2017
- 2 major new polls show Trump will conclude his first 100 days as the least popular president in modern historyApril 23, 2017
- Inside the 7 Most Luxurious Suites at SeaApril 23, 2017
- 10 Trips to Take Before It’s Too LateApril 23, 2017
- Christie’s Beverly Hills Flagship Features Exhibition Worth Around $500 MillionApril 23, 2017
- Is Amsterdam the World’s New Culinary Capital?April 23, 2017
- Four Seasons Is Building Magical Homes at Disney World—Here’s an Inside LookApril 23, 2017
- Six Visionary Electric Vehicles Designed with Earth Day in MindApril 23, 2017
- Can This Luxurious Nile Cruise Ship Revive Egypt’s Tourism Industry?April 23, 2017
- 10 Hybrid Superyachts for Earth DayApril 23, 2017
- Oil Falls Below $50 as Surging U.S. Output Undermines OPEC CutsApril 23, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics