Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Non family members
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Common Mission, Communication, Communication, Conversation, Dynasties, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Office, Financial Planning, Game Changers, Governance, Importance of Language, Leadership, Listening, Management, Negotiation, Non family members, Social Capital, Social Media, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Stories, Visionary
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, CEO, Character, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Communication, Communication, Conversation, Culture, Education, Ego, Emotions, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Ethics, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Meetings, Family Values, Friendship, Game Changers, Governance, Human Resources, Importance of Language, Inspiration, Leadership, Management, Mentoring, Mind Body, Motivation, Non family members, Parenting, Philosophy, Productivity, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Self Awareness, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Talent Management, Values, Visionary, Well Being, Wisdom
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Board of Directors, Business Values, CEO, Character, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Communication, Culture, Empathy, Employee Engagement, Entrepreneur, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Values, Friendship, Game Changers, Human Capital, Human Resources, Humanity, Leadership, Management, Non family members, Parenting, Philosophy, Quotes, Resources For Professionals, Respect, Social Capital, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Success, Talent Management, Team
/ Appreciation, Attitude, Beliefs, Body Language, Care, Character, Children, Choices, Compassion, Culture, Emotions, Empathy, Family, Family Values, Financial Literacy, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Friendship, Game Changers, Goals, Golden Rule, Gratitude, Happiness, Holidays, Hope, Human Capital, Ideas, Importance of Language, Inspiration, Legacy Resources, Life Mastery Resources, Love, Marriage, Meaning and Purpose, Money, Money Values, Motivation, Next Gen, Non family members, Passion, Philanthropy, Philosophy, Power of Intention, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Purpose, Relationship Resources, Respect, Self Awareness, Self Esteem, Service, Significance, Social Capital, Social Networks, Spiritual, Stewardship, Stories, Success, Talent Management, The Secret, True Wealth, Trust, Ultra High Net Worth, Values, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources, Well Being, Willpower, Wisdom
Your Family is your business, Mankind is your business by Enzo Calamo As this is the Holiday season, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. The other night I was watching Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol movie starring George C. Scott as Scrooge. One of the most impactful moments in the movie is when Scrooge tells Marley’s ghost, “But you were always a good man of business, Jacob.” Upon which Marley’s ghost cries out in anguish: Business! Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business! With that simple statement, Marley’s ghost teaches Scrooge, and all of us, three very important life lessons: 1) Real assets in the world are people, not possessions; 2) Your family is the first place that you experience true love and care. As a baby, and as a child, whether your memories are good or bad, you were completely dependent on others. In today’s aging world, many of our seniors are also completely dependent on others again. Is it not time that we learn that love is based on our ability of loving and caring for the living, who can love us back, AND keeping alive the memories of our loved ones who left us too soon? Material things will NEVER love us back! 3) Fulfilling your life purpose and helping others, not accumulating profits, should be man’s highest aims. In an article Nothing Beats Family, posted on www.Inspire21.com, Ridgely Goldsborough addresses the importance of family as follows: I’m deeply troubled by the number of parents who wake up too late with the realization: “My children grew up too fast. In the hustle-bustle of career and corporate rat race, I missed their childhood.” What they fail to say but too often inwardly think causes me even more pain: “…and I barely even know them.”This applies to couples as well – so in a hurry to get who-knows-where – a destination seldom defined. Relationships turn into co-habitations, romance into convenience. Very disturbing. A hundred years from now, no one will remember the size of your bank account, the car you drove or the square footage of your house. The world might differ greatly however, based on your impact in the life of a small child. Your life will most certainly improve, if you pay attention to your significant other, make the choice to put her or him first. Your example will benefit the rest of us. Our world cries out for role models and heroes of every day living. What could you do today to let your loved ones know how much they mean to you? What will you do tomorrow? And the next day? The following inspirational story, by author Jeff Davis at the Brobdingnagian Bards, further highlights the importance of spending […]
Secrets of Successful Family Businesses (Report 2 of 2) On introducing the younger generation to the family business.
Secrets of Successful Family Businesses (Report 1 of 2) On including or excluding In-Laws in the family business.
/ Beliefs, Business Succession, Business Values, CEO, Change, Children, Choices, Collaboration, Common Mission, Communication, Complexity, Conversation, Culture, Dynasties, Education, Entrepreneur, Estate Planning, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Constitution, Family Farms, Family Meetings, Family Office, Family Values, Financial Planning, Financial Planning Advice for Advisors, Future, Goals, Ideas, Importance of Language, Leadership, Legacy Resources, Life Mastery Resources, Love, Management, Meaning and Purpose, Money, Money Values, Next Gen, Non family members, Passion, Philosophy, Planning, Power, Power of Intention, Preserverance, Problems, Process, Productivity, Prosperity, Psychology of Money, Relationship Resources, Respect, Significance, Social Capital, Stewardship, Strategic Planning, Structure, Success, Talent Management, Team, The Secret, True Wealth, Trust, Unique Abilities, Values, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources, Wisdom
To build a sustainable and positive family or business legacy, it is very important that the following key principles be incorporated into your dynastic planning process: 1) The entire family must be involved in planning and NOT just the wealth-holder or business owner. The goal for a successful multi-generational family/business legacy is to plan “with” your family and not “at” your family. 2) The agenda for each family or family business meeting must be open to include the needs and concerns of all family members who are affected by the financial, estate, business, or legacy plan. 3) Part of the common mission for each family and business plan should be the indisputable realization that family members are the real assets and NOT the money or business. 4) Communication expectations for everyone must be setup upfront. For example, Everyone has wisdom; We need everyone’s wisdom for the wisest results; All will hear and be heard; There are no wrong answers; The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 5) The best legacy solution is one that considers the needs of future generations. A legacy plan should focus on the perspective of family wealth and the family business for at least the next seven generations. 6) A Family Constitution should be created to help with the Governance of the Legacy plan. The goal here is not to dictate the future to family members but to establish guidelines for dealing with conflicts, new opportunities, in-laws, extended family member dreams, and the future complexity involved with the growth of family members into the third generation onward. 7) Structures, and committees, must be put in place for dealing with, and implementing, the financial, estate, business, and legacy plans. Remember that a wealthy family or a profitable business cannot create a strong family but a united family with a common mission can build wealth and a sustainable and profitable family business.
/ Business Succession, Business Values, Children, Choices, Coaching, Collaboration, Common Mission, Communication, Conversation, Culture, Dynasties, Entrepreneur, Estate Planning, Family, Family Business, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Constitution, Family Meetings, Family Office, Family Values, Financial Literacy, Legacy Resources, Management, Money Values, Next Gen, Non family members, Philosophy, Psychology of Money, True Wealth, Ultra High Net Worth, Wealth Preservation, Wealth Resources
Family Governance Explained How is family governance relevant to investment professionals and Family Offices? What is a family constitution and how can it help avoid family conflicts? What lessons can we learn from the recent family conflicts that have been in the media in Asia? How should a family start if they want to form a family constitution?”
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- How to Build a Peter Lynch-Style Growth Strategy – GuruFocus.comJanuary 17, 2017
- Ten Guaranteed Ways To Appear Smarter Than You AreJanuary 17, 2017
- Is Warren Buffett Wrong About Bitcoin?January 17, 2017
- BILLIONAIRES EVERYWHERE: Here are the richest people in ArizonaJanuary 17, 2017
- Glass Screens For iPhones Makes Hong Kong Couple Into BillionairesJanuary 17, 2017
- Departed Tennessee Millionaire Leaves Entire Fortune To Animal ShelterJanuary 17, 2017
- The 49ers Are Still Paying Millions To Coaches Who Don’t Work For Them AnymoreJanuary 17, 2017
- Charles Feeney Fulfills Pledge To Give All Of His Billions AwayJanuary 17, 2017
- These Are The Inspirational Mantras Richard Branson Is Following In 2017January 17, 2017
- Sears Holdings CEO Has Put Up $1 Billion Of His Money Over The Past Two Years In An Effort To Keep Company AfloatJanuary 17, 2017
- Michael Keaton Had A Pretty Good Reason For Turning Down Third ‘Batman’ FilmJanuary 17, 2017
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made An Insane Amount Of Money For Getting FiredJanuary 17, 2017
- Nas Pays The IRS $3.5 Million In Back TaxesJanuary 17, 2017
- Floyd Mayweather Offered Conor McGregor $15 Million For Their Potential SuperfightJanuary 17, 2017
- PWC: Nearly one-third of Malaysia’s family businesses don’t have succession planJanuary 17, 2017
- Why Harvard is Billionaire University…January 17, 2017
- Affluent U.S. Investors Bullish on Technology and Healthcare Sectors in 2017 According to New Spectrem Group ReportJanuary 17, 2017
- BREAKING NEWS: Bayer Could Pledge Billions to U.S. Investment and New Jobs if Monsanto Deal Wins ApprovalJanuary 17, 2017
- Richard Branson: There Needs to Be ‘Perpetual Revolution’ Within Your BusinessJanuary 17, 2017
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The risk of a full-blown trade war between the US and China is risingJanuary 17, 2017
- The rise of Larry Ellison, the jet-setting billionaire founder of OracleJanuary 17, 2017
- Theresa May ‘seems determined to tank the economy’: MPs react to the Prime Minister’s ‘Hard Brexit’ speechJanuary 17, 2017
- Germany and France are furious with Donald Trump — and he’s not even taken office yetJanuary 17, 2017
- TRUMP: The strong dollar is ‘killing us’January 17, 2017
- China takes the spotlightJanuary 17, 2017
- China’s Oil Collapse Is Unintentionally Helping OPECJanuary 17, 2017
- Vanguard Sees Bank of Canada Following Fed Higher This YearJanuary 17, 2017
- Davos elite in ‘bubble’ so didn’t predict Brexit, Trump, CEO of world’s largest ad agency admitsJanuary 17, 2017
- Globalization hasn’t fixed the gap between rich and poor, top CEOs sayJanuary 17, 2017
- British company’s $49.4 billion deal for Reynolds will create world’s biggest public tobacco companyJanuary 17, 2017
- World needs to invest $25 trillion in new oil capacity over next 25 years, Saudi Aramco CEO saysJanuary 17, 2017
- Donald Trump is the poster child of sleep deprivation: Arianna HuffingtonJanuary 17, 2017
- What Donald Trump’s economic agenda means to youJanuary 17, 2017
- Social Security’s looming $11 trillion shortfallJanuary 17, 2017
- Sponsored ArticleJanuary 17, 2017
- Acacia Jumps in London on $4 Billion Endeavour Merger TalksJanuary 17, 2017
- Noble Energy to buy Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billionJanuary 17, 2017
- GCC’s financial assets forecast to fall to $2.1trn by end-2017January 17, 2017
- Inside the luxury world’s commission cultureJanuary 17, 2017
- Priceline Founder Raises $50 Million for New VentureJanuary 17, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics