Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
Misdirection: Sam Fitton An award winning magician and mentalist, Sam became interested in magic at an early age and quickly learnt the tricks of the trade. After obtaining a degree in Biology and serving 2 years as a police officer Sam decided to pursue his dream of performing magic. Sam now specialises in close up magic and mentalism and has entertained thousands of people across the UK.
Invisible Influences of the Mind: Oscar Gonzales Oscar Gonzales is a member of the Academy of Magical Arts at the Magic Castle and practices mentalism whenever he can. He is also a doctoral student in the Neuroscience Program at UC Riverside. Here he reveals his 17 year journey as a magician.
How Does the Brain Work? This episode of NOVA scienceNOW delves into some pretty heady stuff, examining magic and the brain, artificial intelligence, magnetic mind control, and the work of neuroscientist and synesthesia researcher David Eagleman. Can we really believe our own eyes? Will machines one day think like us? Can magnetic wands effectively control brain functions and treat depression? Explore this and more.
Intuition, magic, and meaning Dr. Laura King Frederick A. Middlebush Professor of Psychological Sciences University of Missouri The psychological approach to meaning often relies on the notion that meaning is a conscious and intentional construction. King will present an alternative approach inspired by William James‘ “fringe of consciousness” notion, in which meaning emerges out of intuitive processes. Sense is not made but automatically sensed through meta-cognitive experience, heuristics, and affect. Research on magical thinking, pattern recognition, and semantic coherence judgments demonstrates the importance of individual differences in intuitive information processing and positive affect in the experience of meaning. Understanding the intuitive experience of meaning promises to illuminate the grand judgment of life’s meaningfulness, as well as domains of life in which we “just know” the validity of our feelings, including faith, morality, and sexuality. Laura A. King, Frederick A. Middlebush Professor of Psychological Sciences at the University of Missouri, received her doctorate in personality psychology from the University of California, Davis in 1991. Author of more than 80 publications, King’s research focuses on psychological well being, meaning in life, intuition, motivation, narrative approaches, and folk theories of the “Good Life.” Her work has been funded by the National Institute on Mental Health and the Roger S. Williams Foundation. She won the Templeton Prize in 2001 for contributions to research on positive psychology and has been honored with numerous teaching awards as well. King currently serves as the editor of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology: Personality Processes and Individual Differences.
J.K. Rowling‘s Biography Part 1 of 4 Part 2 of 4 Part 3 of 4 Part 4 of 4 An informative biography about J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series. Made by Biography and broadcasted by A&E, this biography was made between the publication of the fifth and sixth book.
Combining projection mapping and a pop-up book, Marco Tempest tells the visually arresting story of Nikola Tesla — called “the greatest geek who ever lived” — from his triumphant invention of alternating current to his penniless last days. A magician and illusionist for the 21st century, Marco Tempest blends cutting-edge technology with the flair and showmanship of Houdini. Why you should listen to him: Marco Tempest’s imaginative combination of computer-generated imagery, quick-cut video and enthusiastic stage presence has earned him a place in the pantheon of great illusionists. At 22, the Swiss magician won the New York World Cup of Magic, launching him into international prominence. Tempest’s award-winning television series “The Virtual Magician” airs in dozens of countries worldwide, while his lively phonecam postings on YouTube, done without post-production and video-editing tricks to astonished people on the street, get millions of views (search on “virtualmagician”). His Vimeo channel showcases his artistic side–like his recent hypnotic series “levitation,” using a high-speed camera.
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- The World’s Most Extravagant Afternoon Tea ServicesMarch 30, 2017
- Canada billionaire makes history with $75m donation – BBC NewsMarch 30, 2017
- Donating makes you happy if you are giving freely and know where the money’s goingMarch 30, 2017
- Russian Billionaires, Including Several Tied To Putin, Are Up $104 Billion In The Last YearMarch 29, 2017
- The terrible moments these spoiled kids came face-to-face with the real worldMarch 29, 2017
- A massive shift in the world population, captured in one animated graphicMarch 29, 2017
- Americans are now utterly intolerant of ever being told they’re wrong about almost anythingMarch 29, 2017
- This is America’s least financially literate stateMarch 29, 2017
- Why this financial adviser thinks you should keep piles of cash handyMarch 29, 2017
- The Strongest Indicator Of Success And 3 Ways To Develop ItMarch 29, 2017
- Why Apple Investors Aren’t Sweating The Samsung Galaxy S8March 29, 2017
- Introducing The Forbes American Dream Index To Gauge Middle-Class ProsperityMarch 29, 2017
- Ivanka Trump will take unpaid White House roleMarch 29, 2017
- Lululemon shares crater as first quarter gets off to a shaky startMarch 29, 2017
- U.S. oil export surge steals more OPEC shareMarch 29, 2017
- Honing this undervalued skill could set you apart from your competition at workMarch 29, 2017
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is now the second richest man in the world (AMZN) | 03/29/17 | Markets InsiderMarch 29, 2017
- Warren Buffett predicted the biggest changes sweeping the media industry 27 years agoMarch 29, 2017
- The world’s largest fund manager just sent a message to investors everywhereMarch 29, 2017
- The data geeks are taking over Wall StreetMarch 29, 2017
- How to lose friends and ‘exfoliate’ people — Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is caught between 2 worlds, and his friends are cutting tiesMarch 29, 2017
- Investors like hedge funds with powerful-sounding names, even if they fail to deliverMarch 29, 2017
- Why waking up at 5 AM every day just makes senseMarch 29, 2017
- Why this self-made millionaire carries a waiter’s pad and says you should tooMarch 29, 2017
- Santoli: Here’s why BlackRock is throwing in the towel on human stock pickingMarch 29, 2017
- Say hello to your new retirement haven. Hint: It’s not Florida.March 29, 2017
- Feadship Launches 35-Meter Superyacht LetaniMarch 29, 2017
- The World’s Largest Passenger-Jet Window Is Being Developed for the BBJMarch 29, 2017
- This Is How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% Of Each StateMarch 29, 2017
- Wang Wei Is Now The Third-Richest Man In China. Wait, Who?March 29, 2017
- A Billionaire Irish Mob Boss Reportedly Bought A Commercial Cargo Ship For His Drug SuppliesMarch 29, 2017
- How Tyler Perry Turned An Abusive Childhood Into A $600 Million Personal FortuneMarch 29, 2017
- From Slave To Millionaire Land Owner: The Biddy Mason StoryMarch 29, 2017
- Huge 706-Carat Diamond Unearthed In Sierra LeoneMarch 29, 2017
- These 8 Billionaires Had A Very Good 2016March 29, 2017
- DeMarcus Ware Turned Down $9 Million To RetireMarch 29, 2017
- Lamborghini Unveils Its First 4-Door Crossover SUV Since The 80s, The UrusMarch 29, 2017
- Liang Xinjun, Billionaire Co-Founder Of China Investment Firm Fosun, Departs As CEOMarch 29, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics