Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
The chairman of JetBlue Airways says, “If you’re authentic, open, you call things as they are, you really are direct and you listen well, that develops trust.”
/ Attitude, Behaviour Economics, Beliefs, Common Mission, Communication, Communication, Conversation, Dynasties, Family Business Dynamics, Family Business Governance, Family Office, Financial Planning, Game Changers, Governance, Importance of Language, Leadership, Listening, Management, Negotiation, Non family members, Social Capital, Social Media, Social Networks, Starting a Business, Stories, Visionary
The Myth of Communication: Roger Graef OBE We assume when we try to communicate that the other person(s) will get the message in every sense of the word. But this is wishful thinking. Professor Roger Graef explores how dangerous it is to assume that the recipient has taken both the words and the intention in the form you would wish. It’s not just a matter of language, or erratic technology – spam isn’t just a technical problem. It’s a state of mind. Professor Roger Graef OBE is an award winning film-maker, criminologist, broadcaster and writer. He is best known for his unstaged observational films in normally closed places like government ministries, corporation board rooms, international institutions including the EU and UN, as well as prisons, probation, special schools, and social work. Many of his films have influenced business, diplomacy, policing, social and criminal justice policy. Most recently, THE TROUBLE WITH ADOPTION: A Panorama Special helped the government promise of speedier adoptions. Other recent films include THE TROUBLE WITH PIRATES about Somalia, and GREAT ORMOND STREET, following consultants making ground-breaking life and death decisions, and the online project CERNpeople, short films for Google using access to CERN in Geneva. All these were created through his production company Films of Record. He was a founding board member of Channel 4, was on the board of London Transport and co-designed the bus map., He is currently one of three commissioners on the RIBA Future of Homes Commission. He writes and broadcasts regularly on social and criminal justice and communications. He is the author of TALKING BLUES, Police in their Own Words, LIVING DANGEROUSLY: young offenders in their own words, and WHY RESTORATIVE JUSTICE? In 2004 he was the first documentary maker awarded the BAFTA Fellowship for lifetime achievement. In 2006 he was given an OBE. He was News International Visiting Professor of Communications at Oxford University, and is now Visiting Professor at the Mannheim Centre for Criminology at the LSE. He has been an Independent Advisor to the Metropolitan Police on race since 1999, and is an advisor to the Sentencing Council. He is currently Chair of the Media Standards Trust, and the theatre company Complicite.
Society minds, technology doesn´t: Yvonne Rogers Professor of Interaction Design and director of UCLIC at UCL. Her research interests are in the areas of ubiquitous computing, interaction design and human-computer interaction. In her talk, Yvonne shows us the different effects technology has on us. She mentions various (negative) examples of too much smartphone usage and she shows us how to use technology and information wisely so that in the end we can use it to have more time and to be happier. (and not: being a slave of technology)
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Why Warren Buffett is buying so much of AppleFebruary 23, 2017
- Inside Ivanka Trump’s Campaign for a $500 Billion Child-Care PlanFebruary 23, 2017
- U.K. Millennials Are Badly Paid for Staying With Their JobsFebruary 23, 2017
- If you’d invested $1,000 in these 3 stocks in the 1980s, you’d be a millionaire todayFebruary 23, 2017
- Op-Ed: These emerging markets will get hammered by a US border taxFebruary 23, 2017
- The Trump administration just picked a risky way to define successFebruary 23, 2017
- 3 signs that tell you to sell a mutual fundFebruary 23, 2017
- When mutual funds say no to your moneyFebruary 23, 2017
- 3 checks to ensure good financial healthFebruary 23, 2017
- Rupee hits 15-week high against US dollarFebruary 23, 2017
- VCs anticipate challenges in a still-maturing India marketFebruary 23, 2017
- Melania Trump re-files Daily Mail lawsuit without controversial wording – BBC NewsFebruary 23, 2017
- Sie family donates $12 million for Denver Art Museum renovationsFebruary 23, 2017
- Wealth Snapshot: Breaking Down Jared Kushner And His Family’s $1.8 Billion FortuneFebruary 23, 2017
- Using Reverse Mortgages In A Responsible Retirement Income PlanFebruary 23, 2017
- Michael Jordan’s Private Jet Has An Elephant Print Paint JobFebruary 22, 2017
- The Complicated Billionaire Behind The Dakota Access PipelineFebruary 22, 2017
- Meet The Chinese Billionaire Who Wants To Bring Professional Hockey To ChinaFebruary 22, 2017
- The Value Of The Golden State Warriors Has Increased Exponentially In A Short Amount Of TimeFebruary 22, 2017
- Chance The Rapper Is Turning Down $10 Million Advance Offers Left And RightFebruary 22, 2017
- Tax season is upon us: Here’s what you need to know to complete your returnFebruary 22, 2017
- Only paying the minimum on credit cards and loans is a recipe for trouble, new survey findsFebruary 22, 2017
- Here’s how much money you should have saved at every ageFebruary 22, 2017
- This is a Reagan-like rally and here’s how much higher stocks can go, Ralph Acampora saysFebruary 22, 2017
- The $143 billion flop: How Warren Buffett and 3G lost UnileverFebruary 22, 2017
- These are the most — and least — dependable vehiclesFebruary 22, 2017
- A rare look inside the $21 million ‘Princess’ megayacht that has 5 cabins and a JacuzziFebruary 22, 2017
- Traffic delays will cost the UK economy more than £300 billion by 2030February 22, 2017
- Over 50% of people in the UK think they’d be better off starting a business abroadFebruary 22, 2017
- Diva demands and peeing on seats: Here’s why flight attendants hate working in first and business classFebruary 22, 2017
- Bitcoin is closing in on its all-time highFebruary 22, 2017
- B.C. Liberals’ Pre-Election Budget Cuts Health PremiumsFebruary 22, 2017
- Mumbai Is India’s Richest City With $820 Billion Total Wealth, Delhi Stands 2nd At $450 BillionFebruary 22, 2017
- DesignQ’s Elegante Airplane Interior Is a Mobile Residence for the Jet SetFebruary 22, 2017
- 186-Year-Old Farm Is One of South Africa’s Newest Must-See ResortsFebruary 22, 2017
- Plans Revealed for Couach 38-Meter Lounge Explorer YachtFebruary 22, 2017
- The Ferrari 812 Superfast Is the Most Powerful Prancing Horse Ever ProducedFebruary 22, 2017
- Why Investor Immigrants Are Choosing Canada Over U.S.February 21, 2017
- Richard Branson: To get to the top, hustle like an underdogFebruary 21, 2017
- Here are the places where millionaires are movingFebruary 21, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics