Subscribe to LFO' s Blog
unHeritage – 11 Pitfalls to Family Legacy and How to Avoid Them
“unHeritage is definitely the lighthouse for protecting your family and wealth for generations. This book is a must read for anyone interested in legacy planning.” Enzo Calamo
Center for Family Conversations
The Center for Family Conversations (CFC) is a resource center that provides the integral tools and ideas in helping families establish a 100-year-plus Family Legacy Plan.
THE TYCOON PLAYBOOK – How Business Empires Are Built
The Tycoon Playbook course was created for business families who are already running a successful business and wish to ramp up their growth while preserving wealth for future generations. Specifically, the Playbook teaches high performance business owners the two most highly rewarded skills in business, namely deal-making and how to acquire cash flow producing business assets.
You’ve probably been studying all wrong.
Brendon Burchard shares simple ways to learn FASTER. In this episode of The Charged Life, high performance coach and #1 New York Times bestselling self-help author Brendon Burchard shares simple ways to learn FASTER. ——————– SUMMARY: ——————– 1. You have to know what you want of your life before you become a master learner. If you don’t know what your goals are or dream life should look like, you don’t know WHAT to learn and, worse, you won’t be COMMITTED to truly learning it. Advanced learning requires clear focus and a definitive WHY for learning – without these you won’t stay disciplined enough to learn anything with real depth. 2. Avoid starting from scratch. With no model to begin from – no example or strategy you are following – you’re reinventing the wheel and doomed to waste time. So, what proven framework, person, strategy, or step-by-step instruction are you following in order to learn this new area? 3. Make a PRACTICE of mastering skillsets. A practice is a recurring habit or routine that deepens your skill in any given area. The important thing here is to make a daily practice of anything you truly want to learn. Without daily exposure and immersion in the area you are trying to learn you will never achieve mastery. Learning must be an everyday discipline. 4. Get feedback. As you begin something new, all leaps forward, all major advancement, rests on getting immediate feedback and direction. Learning is a social process, so ask other people for suggestions and direction as you move forward so you can adjust your approach. Don’t listen to the haters, but never forget their can be valuable feedback from others even if you don’t like how they delivered it. 5. Have a deadline. Without a timeline for developing your competencies, you’ll never act or you’ll fall off track. No deadline means guaranteed distraction. So, WHEN do you need to learn this new topic or reach the next level of skill? What’s the consequence if you don’t learn it by then? Knowing the answer to these two questions will accelerate your learning. ——————– ABOUT BRENDON BURCHARD ——————– Brendon Burchard is one of the most followed personal development trainers of our time and he is in the Top 100 Most Followed Public Figures on Facebook. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, his books include The Motivation Manifesto, The Charge, The Millionaire Messenger, and Life’s Golden Ticket. He is also the founder of High Performance Academy, the legendary personal development program for achievers, and Experts Academy, the world’s most comprehensive marketing training for authors, speakers, coaches, and online thought leaders. For these works, Larry King named Brendon “one of the top motivation and marketing trainers in the world.” After a car accident at 19 years old inspired him to turn his life around and follow his dreams, and then having the blessings to become a multimillionaire writer and trainer by the age of 32, Brendon has dedicated his life to helping […]
Jeremy Howard: The wonderful and terrifying implications of computers that can learn What happens when we teach a computer how to learn? Technologist Jeremy Howard shares some surprising new developments in the fast-moving field of deep learning, a technique that can give computers the ability to learn Chinese, or to recognize objects in photos, or to help think through a medical diagnosis. (One deep learning tool, after watching hours of YouTube, taught itself the concept of “cats.”) Get caught up on a field that will change the way the computers around you behave … sooner than you probably think.
Cognitive prescription for blind hindsight | Richard Chalkley We do not need to be blind to the source of our mistakes, but we are. As with glasses to correct myopia, Richard believes that there is a cognitive prescription for Blind Hindsight Richard is now the Health and Safety Manager for the School of GeoSciences at the University of Edinburgh. He has looked after safety at the “sharp end” of research into infectious diseases and cancer in the public, private and charity sectors. He is a practitioner who strives to understand the human condition and why we get it wrong so often and so easily.
/ Ancestry, Beliefs, Biography, Climate, Culture, Destiny, Education, Evolution, Globalization, Human Capital, Humanity, Learning, Legacy Planning, Legacy Resources, Philosophy, Social Networks, Stories, Trends, Wisdom
Introduction to Thresholds of Increasing Complexity | Big History Project Threshold 1: The Big Bang | Big History Project Threshold 2: The Stars Light Up | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Stars & Galaxies Threshold 3: New Chemical Elements | Big History Project The Periodic Table: Crash Course Chemistry Threshold 4: Earth & Solar System | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Solar System & the Earth What Was The Young Earth Like? | Big History Project Threshold 5: Life on Earth Video | Big History Project Mini Thresholds Of Life | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: The Origin of Life How We Proved An Asteroid Wiped Out The Dinosaurs from The Big History Project Threshold 6: Humans and Collective Learning | Big History Project Crash Course Big History: Human Evolution Migrations and Technological Creativity | Big History Project Threshold 7: Agriculture | Big History Project Where and Why Did the First Cities and States Appear? | Big History Project Why Did Civilizations Expand? | Big History Project How Did the World Become Interconnected? | Big History Project Threshold 8: The Modern Revolution | Big History Project Coal, Steam, and The Industrial Revolution: Crash Course World History How Did Change Accelerate? | Big History Project
David Christian: The history of our world in 18 minutes Backed by stunning illustrations, David Christian narrates a complete history of the universe, from the Big Bang to the Internet, in a riveting 18 minutes. This is “Big History”: an enlightening, wide-angle look at complexity, life and humanity, set against our slim share of the cosmic timeline.
The healing power of music: Robin Spielberg Robin Spielberg, a renowned contemporary pianist and composer, tells a very personal story about the healing power of music. Her experiences inspired her to share how music makes an impact on our well-being and helps us through difficulties.
The transformational power of mentoring: Charlotte Young
Enzo Calamo Is A Best Selling Author
Enzo Calamo is the Best Selling co-author of "How To Create Infinite Returns In Real Estate Using The Secret Asset: How To Recover All Business and Personal Expenses Using The Secret Asset" This is a must read for every affluent investor.
FAMILY OFFICE OF THE YEAR
Lugen Family Office was recognized as the Family Office of The Year in 2016 in Canada by Wealth and Finance International Magazine
Enzo Calamo Is A Gold Award Curator
Scoop.it describes Enzo Calamo "as a rock star of content curation."
Lugen Family Office is the Most Trusted Online Curator on Legacy Planning, Wealth Management, Financial Literacy, Family Business, Philanthropy, Technology Trends, Healthy Living, and the UHNW.
ALL POSTS ARE CURATED BY ACTUAL EXPERTS!
Check out our 11 Gold Award UHNW Newswires.
- Elvis Had A Fascinating Habit Involving CadillacsApril 28, 2017
- Top financial adviser: Just working hard will not make you wealthyApril 28, 2017
- Money is pouring into the world’s hottest investment product at nearly a record-setting paceApril 28, 2017
- A supermodel-backed music festival where tickets cost up to $12,000 turned into a nightmare — here’s what happenedApril 28, 2017
- BOOM! American business just figured out how to play the Trump trade shakedown gameApril 28, 2017
- The biggest driver of the American economy just slammed into a wallApril 28, 2017
- Tom Hanks thinks billionaires should pay for their own NFL stadiumsApril 28, 2017
- Nepal’s Richest Man Is Hosting An Extravagant Wedding For His Son In Udaipur; The Billionaire Is Owner Of Wai Wai Noodle BrandApril 28, 2017
- Ranking billionaires: China adds girth to the world’s richestApril 28, 2017
- What sets self-made billionaires apart – The Globe and MailApril 28, 2017
- Jeff Bezos’ wealth crosses $80 billion markApril 28, 2017
- Buffett, Guinness-Records Mogul Get Caught in Canada-U.S. Coal FightApril 27, 2017
- Amazon crushed its earningsApril 27, 2017
- Nasdaq Breaks Through 6,000 Barrier, But Should We Party Like It’s 1999?April 27, 2017
- QSU Sector Scorecard for Q2 2017 – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Reinvesting Dividends – FidelityApril 27, 2017
- Chinese Fugitive Guo Wengui Lost $500 Million In UBS Margin CallApril 26, 2017
- What it’s Really Like to Ride the World’s Most Advanced Car ElevatorApril 26, 2017
- The 1 Book Bill Gates and Warren Buffett Say You Should Read to SucceedApril 26, 2017
- The Trump and Trudeau offices released 2 very different readouts of a tense-sounding call amid a mounting trade disputeApril 26, 2017
- Should you take a lump sum or annuity for retirement?April 26, 2017
- New research shows how differently male and female execs see gender in the boardroomApril 26, 2017
- Chinese stocks are experiencing the mother of all dead cat bouncesApril 26, 2017
- Here’s how much a Trump tax-plan letdown could whack the stock marketApril 26, 2017
- The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal Won’t Cut ItApril 26, 2017
- World’s Top Money Manager Sees Nothing to Like in Canada StocksApril 26, 2017
- Canada Is Confident U.S. Will Lose Lumber Dispute, Freeland SaysApril 26, 2017
- Here’s the oldest business in every stateApril 25, 2017
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to purchase the Miami Marlins for $1.3 billionApril 25, 2017
- Trump is taking aim at one of America’s closest allies — and he has bipartisan backingApril 25, 2017
- Warren Buffett Lost Nearly $1 Billion On His IBM Investment Earlier This WeekApril 25, 2017
- LVMH Shares Top Paris Market After Christian Dior Buyout DealApril 25, 2017
- Embrace the Caribbean Lifestyle by Buying a Beach House on AnguillaApril 24, 2017
- Indonesia’s Exotic New Private-Island ResortApril 24, 2017
- Experience Rosé Like Never Before with This New Riedel Wine GlassApril 24, 2017
- Remember When Alec Baldwin Starred In Capital One Ads? He Donated All Of That Money To CharityApril 24, 2017
- Buffett’s Foundation Donating $90 Million Supporting Women Of ColorApril 24, 2017
- Australian Toy Maker Born In A Refugee Camp Becomes BillionaireApril 24, 2017
Lugen Family Office Proudly Supports AIP
The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy is the leading charitable giving organization in the world for inspiring collaboration among professionals.
AIP Ambassador, Past President
LFO Website Statistics